InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Separation ❯ The Day Past And Present Collide ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha related things.
 
You guys r so sweet. Well cartel lover and Princess_of_fire seem to be the only observant of all my readers. If ya'll looked on the summery of ch 7 I wrote that if anyone read it I would let them help me write the next chapie. They requested 2 things. One that Inuyasha dumps Kikyo. And cartel lover asked for Inuyasha to discover his childhood. Well I made a promise and I plan to keep it. Princess said not too soon that he dumps her so okay not too soon then and I'll let him find out. Hope you 2 enjoy and everyone else thank these 2 for this chapie. ENJOY!!!!
 
CHAPTER 8: The Day Past And Present Collide
 
“And welcome all students to High School Hell,” Inuyasha said in his car acting like Mr. Gudachi during his morning announcements and twisting it up a little. His friends were in hysterics “On today's menu we have fried brains,” he looked over at Kagome who was sitting passenger and cupped his hand like he had a brain in it, “sided with a scoop of…” he trailed off dramatically then jumped at Sango, “GIRL FLESH!” he yelled at her.
Everyone was laughing at him and screaming at his scare. “And I would like to remind you all that I am a chauvinistic pig and I think men are better than women.” He said sitting up strait and imitating his frog like voice.
“Got that right.” Sango agreed, “someone needs to knock him out and put him out of our misery.” Miroku nodded at her laughing.
“Well we're almost there.” Miroku said becoming serious. “Everyone remember what you have to do. “Inuyasha?” he asked him, “Yeah I have to stay close to …uh” he shuddered before saying the name, “Kikyo. And make her think we're still in the palm of her and Naraku's hand.” he nearly spit out his name.
“Good. Kagome?” he said turning to her. “I have to get closer to Naraku,” She made a face “and try to find out what he's planning.” Miroku nodded again.
“Now Kagome don't push yourself too far,” Inuyasha warned, “If you start feeling uncomfortable or he starts doing something,” Kagome interrupted him before he talked her out of it, “Don't worry Inuyasha I'll be fine.” She told him.
“Sango?” Miroku asked before he could start up again. “Yeah I have to keep my fist from punching them at all times. Very crucial.” Miroku nodded again.
“Remind me why we don't just tell the cops what we found?” Kagome asked.
“Simple,” he answered her, “what are the chances that they even look like their going to take us seriously? You've seen movies haven't you?” Kagome nodded.
“Can't believe I have to act like a still like her.” Inuyasha said disgusted.
“Hey,” Kagome said gently placing her hand on his, “it'll be all right. This will be over before you know it and your free to look for another girlfriend.” He turned to her and squeezed her hand smiling at her.
It would have been a perfect moment except at that from the backseat they suddenly heard, “PERV! STOP GRABBING MY ASS!!!” and of course followed by the resounding slap.
It took a minute for Miroku to regain his composer and when he did Inuyasha and Kagome both said at the same time, “10.” Sango bowed as Kagome clapped and Inuyasha whistled.
“We're here.” Inuyasha said interrupting their happiness.
Maybe it's just subconscious but do you notice that when things are bad it all seems to get dark and gray even if something's the color of the rainbow.
The school that not long ago was a pretty place where the white walls shined and the kids all smiled and laughed. Now, “This place looks awful.” Kagome said passing a group of sad looking student the girls of course walking behind the guys.
Inuyasha found a parking spot without much trouble and the friends got out.
Almost immediately the only happy looking face was behind Inuyasha.
“Hey babe why didn't you answer my calls last night?” a slutty Kikyo asked him.
You could tell that he was about to explode and was about to tell her where she could put her calls when Miroku coughed. “Sorry hun, my phone died.” He answered rather calmly.
Miroku nodded at him.
Kagome knew that by the end of the day Inuyasha's nerves would be pushed to their limits and he would probably be irritable so when everyone started walking she got behind Inuyasha like Mr. Gudachi instructed and whispered low enough for only him to here, “Let's take a walk after school Yash.”
She just barely noticed his head bob.
As Kikyo and Inuyasha walked off for trig Kagome started to health. As per every morning Naraku stood by the class waiting for her. Today she forced a smile as she followed him in.
He sat next to her and started his morning ritual of staring at her. Though it may not sound hard, it took all of Kagome's strength to look at him too. He seemed pleasantly surprised when she did. Emboldened by his reaction she was able to smile seductively before turning to her work.
The idiot was so happy with her act he didn't even stop to be suspicious.
Oh this is going to be so easy.
By throwing him cute looks all period she easily had him under her spell and when she looked at him before going to chem. she saw it and nearly laughed breaking it. Who was controlling who?
In the hall she walked slowly letting her hips sway as he walked behind her. When she walked into class the look on Inuyasha's face was enough to tell her that she had him trailing her like a lost puppy.
Very slowly and deliberately she sat down. The small pink dress she wore was revealing yet at the same time conservative. She crossed her legs her white high heels skimming her shin.
By now Naraku was really drooling and Inuyasha was red in the face from suppressed laughter.
She licked chewed on the tip of her pencil playing with it with her tongue. The teacher came in and had to repeatedly tell him to sit down before it registered.
Kagome suddenly got an idea that might make High School Hell more bearable.
“You know Naraku,” she said leaning to him, “those teachers are such fools. Thinking they can boss you around like. They don't know who they're talking to.” She told him.
He nodded not getting her message until a second later. He stood up and looked at the teacher. “Hey who are you to boss me around?” he demanded of her. He looked down at Kagome who stared at him with fake admiration in her eyes. He went on, “If your not careful I can have you fired!” he threatened.
“You are just a child.” She pointed out. “Want to bet.” He said then stormed out, no doubt going to talk to Mr. Gudachi about her.
Kagome smiled slyly. Inuyasha's face was screwed up with unheard laughter.
Naraku had been gone for no longer than 5 minutes when Mr. Gudachi's voice came on the loudspeaker with his announcements. He ended differently. “and can the teacher off room 432 come to the office please. Thank you.” The teacher looked pale, then walked out saying, “Don't you children make a peep.”
No sooner was she gone that the class was talking. “Wow that was cool.” “Do you think she'll get fired?” “She looked terrified.”
“Hey Inu.” Kikyo whispered behind him. He forced a smile before facing her. “Yes love?” “The teacher is gone. How about we have a little fun.” She asked trailing her finger up his thigh.
“Uh,” he thought quickly trying to get out of her grasp without it seeming too obvious. Then from behind him a savior, “Hey Yash didn't you promise to help me with that thing today?” Kagome asked.
“Oh yeah. Sorry Kikyo. But your copy forced me to promise to tutor her.” He smiled sadly. “Oh well.” Kikyo said disappointed. “But at my birthday party tomorrow we can have a little fun.” He nodded before turning to Kagome.
“You just saved my ass.” He told her as Kikyo went to flirt with another guy. “Anytime.” Kagome promised as he pretended to point at things on her paper acting like he was explaining them while he was talking to her.
“So where do you want to go walking to after school?” he asked. “I don't know. Just around I guess.” Kagome said.
“Oh and by the way.” Inuyasha said, “Don't ever let me catch you hitting on another guy. Okay?” he told her. “Jealous much Yash.” Kagome said sweetly. “No I just don't like the thought of you on another guy.” He answered his nose in the air.
“Yash we normal people translate that into jealousy.” She giggled. “Since when have any of us ever been normal?” he asked.
Naraku was gone all period probably telling the teacher who was boss. So Kagome was able to spend most of third period by herself. He only showed up by like the last few minutes so she had to put up the charade again.
All through the day she played with Naraku like he was a paper doll and he was in the palm of her hand.
After school Miroku took Inuyasha's car promising to be gentle but Inuyasha watched it go worried look on his face.
“It'll be fine,” Kagome said reading his thoughts, “Now how about that walk.”
As Kagome said the walk was going nowhere. They just walked the streets talking. The day was pretty cloudy but no rain had fallen so they were safe.
They unconsciously turned onto a not so busy street that lead not very far. But somehow they ended up in front of a small blue house. The paint had chipped a little and it looked a little run down and Keade had moved out a few months back so it was empty.
Kagome gasped when she saw it. Inuyasha looked but didn't rally see it.
“Kags what's wrong? It's just a house.” Kagome looked at the house she and her love had grown up in but where he saw a run down house she saw it in its former glory.
He barely noticed her and the connection between it and her. He almost felt it too but it slipped from his grasp before he could think about it.
Then a mischievous smile crossed his face as he snuck up to her. “Saved your life!” he yelled grapping her arm jerking her towards him. “AHHH!” she screamed.
“You suck! She yelled at him punching him in the arm. He punched her back just as playfully and ran as she started to him.
 
Of these children there are two in particular, one with soft raven hair pulled up into pigtails and tied with two small pink ribbons, she had on a small pink dress and small buckle shoes. She had such a pretty face and was complete with midnight blue eyes that were shining with happiness right now for she was chasing a boy playing tag.
The boy had bright silver hair flowing freely down his back with a small red button up shirt tennis shoes and jeans. His eyes were a molten gold color for he was a demon, and though he knew if he wanted he could use what little demon speed he had grown into and easily escape his friend but that would take the fun out of tag.
 
Kagome's soft black hair flew behind her as she chased Inuyasha around the yard. Her eyes were shining right now with happiness. As Inuyasha ran his hair came out of his tie and flew down his back. He knew he could outrun her easily with his demon speed but that would take the fun out of his game.
 
They ran around the yard together oblivious to the other children, when Kagome tripped yelled and landed hard on the grass. Inuyasha immediately stopped and turned around to see what had caused his friend to cry out. When he saw her ran as fast as he could to her side.
 
They ran around the front yard before Inuyasha jumped the fence into the back. Kagome opened the fence door and tore after him. Kagome ran around the yard then tripped on a rock then fell to the ground crying out. Inuyasha turned to see what had made his friend cry out and ran to her side when he saw.
 
He helped her stand and dusted off the dirt from her dress. He looked at her pretty eyes that were about to brim over with tears.
“Don't cry.” He told her gently. He hated it when his friend cried.
 
He helped her stand and dusted off the dirt from her dress. He looked at her pretty eyes that were about to brim over with tears.
“Don't cry.” He told her gently. He hated it when his friend cried.
But the tears fell anyway. They cascaded down her cheeks silently. “No crying. None.” He chastised.
Her blue eyes were sparkling with her tears and as he looked in them he saw those same shadows he saw that day in history.
With no teacher around he was able to look closely.
What is it?
He thought to himself.
His eyes left hers and traveled down to her necklace. He lifted it and fingered it gently. “Where did you get this?” he said knowing he had seen it before.
“My friend gave it to me.” She told him as quietly as him. “Yeah, when…when I saw you last.” She jerked her head up to him. “How…” she started but he interrupted her trapped in his own story.
“Yeah when I left for America. And I said goodbye. I gave it to you.” She stared at him. His fingers never left the necklace but he looked up at her. “Then we promised. Promised never to forget.” She took his hand in her own. “But you did forget.” He nodded sadly. “Why.”
“I remember.” He started wrapping his hand around hers bringing her closer to him. “I didn't forget you that quickly. Actually I'm pretty sure I didn't forget you at all. When we got to America I asked my dad every chance I got to go home. `I have to go home to my girlfriend'. I told him everyday. I knew I would remember.”
“Then why?” she asked simply.
“Kikyo.” He said simply, “We met on a chat room in like the fourth or fifth grade, I can't remember. But anyway, I met her on a chat room that used cams so we could see each other's faces. On those cameras she looked so much like you it was surprising. I thought we had finally found each other.” He looked up into the sky picturing his long lost memory.
“After a time I, well I didn't so much as forget you, but I wanted to see you so much, Kikyo took your place in my mind. But not as a replacement. More like I couldn't have you so I tried to take the next best thing.” Finally pulled out of his stupor he looked down at her. Hope in his eyes, begging for forgiveness. Asking for trust.
Trust, forgiveness, hope. Could she give him these things again? The last time she had suffered heartbreak.
“You don't need the next best thing,” she told him gently, “you already have me.” His eyes widened in surprise, happiness, and there just beneath the surface you could see the love he had for her. The real her, not some slut.
Slowly he bent down his head to hers. She leaned up to him at the same time. Closer and closer they came.
And as their lips touched all thoughts were driven from their minds. For them, for just right now, there was no Kikyo, no Naraku, and no past hurt. Just them with their lips pressed together. She tasted of Honeysuckle and creamy milk. He was of rich chocolate. She unwrapped her hands from his and wrapped them around his neck while his went to her waste.
Finally they were forced to pull apart for need of air. Tears came into her eyes again. Then she berried her face in his neck smelling is smell of musk and that special sent that was totally his. He smelt her hair. Jasmine and her.
And for that moment they needed nothing else. They lost track of the time they spent there not returning home until really late.
 
* * * * * * *
 
Sorry I made you guys wait so long. Forgive me. Hope you liked this.