InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sesshomaru's True Love ❯ The Festival and Leaving the Village ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I only own NekoYasha and the cat demons and the dragons. I don't own InuYasha!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"A festival?" Sesshomaru asked

NekoYasha nodded her head. "Uh-huh! It's a festival the cat-demons have once a year! NekoShin is helping out in the festival!" She said

"What do you do?" Sesshomaru asked

"Many things!" NekoShin said coming back from the market. "We dance, eat and….. You'll have to find out!!" NekoShin said flashing Sesshomaru a smile.

"Well what do you say?" NekoYasha asked

Sesshomaru stood up. "I'll go to this festival."

"Thanks Lord Sesshomaru!" NekoYasha said wrapping her arms around Sesshomaru

NekoShin smiled. "Come on NekoYasha, better get into your kimono!"

"I almost forgot!" NekoYasha said running into her house.

"What's that about?" Sesshomaru asked

"You'll see!" NekoShin said walking into the heart of the village.

~` ~` ~` ~` ~` ~ `~ `~ `~ `~ ~` ~` ~` ~` ~` ~ `~ `~ `~ `~ ~` ~` ~` ~` ~` ~ `~ `~ `~ `~ ~` ~` ~` ~` ~` ~ `~ `~ `~ `~

Sesshomaru sat on the ground. I can't believe this kind of festival actual exists. I've heard the cat-demons festivals are colorful and show true happiness! Sesshomaru thought

Sesshomaru watched some of the cat-demons play different instruments from; Flutes, drums and stringed instruments. He then looked up to see NekoYasha and other female cat-demons dancing with multicolored fans twirling them in a beautiful way. Sometimes the cat-demons formed together to make a picture with their fans, like a beautiful flower. The festival only lasted for an hour then the feast began.

~` ~` ~` ~` ~` ~ `~ `~ `~ `~ ~` ~` ~` ~` ~` ~ `~ `~ `~ `~ ~` ~` ~` ~` ~` ~ `~ `~ `~ `~ ~` ~` ~` ~` ~` ~ `~ `~ `~ `~

Sesshomaru walked next to NekoYasha holding her hand.

"So what did you think of the festival?" She asked looking up into his golden eyes.

"It was absolutely wonderful… yet that will be the last one I see." Sesshomaru said looking away.

"What?" NekoYasha asked

"I will have to go to where I really belong…. These demons are not my flesh and blood…. I'm not your kind!" Sesshomaru said glancing down at NekoYasha

"I'll come with you!" NekoYasha blurted out

"What?" Sesshomaru asked

"I'll come with you! No matter what the others say I love you and I don't what to be parted away from you!" NekoYasha said staring up at him.

Sesshomaru sighed and looked at the cat-demon. "Alright… I guess let's get going." He said looking at the green meadow that laid the path for them.

~` ~` ~` ~` ~` ~ `~ `~ `~ `~ ~` ~` ~` ~` ~` ~ `~ `~ `~ `~ ~` ~` ~` ~` ~` ~ `~ `~ `~ `~ ~` ~` ~` ~` ~` ~ `~ `~ `~ `~

Sesshomaru crossed the bridge carefully as NekoYasha followed him. The bridge rocked back and forth as the bridged hung over a 70-foot drop.

What's the matter NekoYasha? You've done stuff like this… You'll be fine… NekoYasha thought

Sesshomaru waited for NekoYasha at the other end of the bridge when he heard something. The rope on the other end of the bridge was unraveling. "NEKOYASHA!!" Sesshomaru shouted as the bridge collapsed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Be brave and wait for the next chapter. Please review.