InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She's Like The Wind / The Power of Love ❯ Has He Ever...? ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: InuYasha still isn't mine…
 
AN: Thanks for the reviews received so far! They are much appreciated!
 
 
Chapter 3: Has he ever…? ( ^~^ Warning - contains Lime in this chapter)
 
So much for a quiet ending to a somewhat peaceful day. InuYasha didn't think he would ever make it through dinner between Souta and Grandpa. Souta didn't miss the glances that InuYasha and Kagome were fervently giving each other, followed by the increasing blushes to his never-ending questions. Grandpa was making comments under his breath. What was it about children and old folks that they just did not know when to stop? Mama Higurashi cut Souta and Gramps off as much as she could, but InuYasha was thankful to finish his food and asked to be excused from the table with Kagome. Kagome wanted to study more for her test the next day, so they both went upstairs to her room.
 
Kagome normally was somewhat annoyed when InuYasha was in her room while she studied, but this time he was clearly trying not to make a nuisance of himself. As she sat at her desk pouring over her math textbook, InuYasha sat in his usual fashion on her bed, with his legs and arms crossed in front of him, Tetsusaiga across his chest.
 
She normally felt like his eyes were boring through the back of her skull, but tonight she was distracted. A faint blush started to trace across her cheeks as she thought of looking into those beautiful amber eyes as he kissed her last night and again this morning. She turned around to see that though he was still sitting, he had laid his sword down across the foot of the bed and his eyes were closed. Maybe he would rather hold her than Tetsusaiga.
 
Knowing that she had probably accomplished as much as she could with the math book, she closed it and pushed back from her desk. As she stood up and stretched, she was surprised to find two strong arms wrapping around her.
 
InuYasha nuzzled her neck and ear from behind as he breathed in her calming scent and asked, “Are you finished?”
 
Kagome yawned her reply, “I've done as much as I think I can. I covered a lot of information this afternoon, and got a pretty good review tonight.”
 
Kagome turned in his arms and wrapped her arms around him. She looked up, inviting him to kiss her again. InuYasha eagerly complied by lowering his lips to hers. Once again, they started a passionate dance of tongues battling for dominance in the other's mouth. Kagome decided that if they were ever going to go any further than this, she was probably going to have to make the first move. As they kissed, she slowly untied his haori and worked her hands toward his bare skin. What she really wanted to see was his bare chest - without a lot of blood and gaping holes for a change.
 
InuYasha gasped as he felt her hands against his skin. They felt so warm and soothing and made him tingle. He ran his hands down her back and up underneath her top, keeping them to her sides and back. This was all so new to him, and he did not want to chase her away. Kagome's reply was a soft gasp of her own as she leaned into him. InuYasha responded by running his thumbs in a circular motion, like what Kagome had used to soothe him while talking to her mother. As he did so, he slowly worked his way up towards her breasts. Kagome was now starting to moan a bit, and leaning even more heavily into him. He felt her right hand leave his body and reach up towards his ear.
 
As they pulled apart for air, he started to nuzzle her cheek and down her neck as she started the circular stroking in his ear. A heavy sigh escaped him as he settled his chin into the crook of her neck, closing his eyes as she rubbed the sensitive appendage. A deep growl started to rumble from his chest - if she had not known better, Kagome would have thought he was purring. Liking the effect she seemed to be getting, Kagome withdrew her hand from under his shirt and proceeded to massage both of his ears - that nearly brought InuYasha to his knees.
 
InuYasha fell back, sitting on the bed, pulling Kagome into his lap facing him. She wrapped her legs around his waist so her feet were crossed on the bed behind him, never letting up rubbing his ears. InuYasha almost unconsciously mimicked her motions, except now his hands were up between her shirt and bra, rubbing circular motions over her breasts. Kagome moaned and leaned into his hands, wanting to feel them on her flesh. She let go of one ear long enough to reach behind her and unhook her bra. InuYasha took the hint and reached under her bra to feel her naked breasts against his hands for the first time. He traced his thumbs and fingers over them as they hardened, and he tried to memorize the feeling under his trembling hands. InuYasha also couldn't believe the feeling that was coursing through his body. Kagome stroking his ears made him feel warm, tingly, and content. Feeling her breasts react to his touch made him feel electrified. InuYasha could feel hardening in his lower regions and knew they would have to stop before he got out of hand. InuYasha had accomplished more in the last twenty-four hours than it seemed like he had in a lifetime, and did not want to ruin it.
 
Kagome could not believe the response she was receiving from her hanyou. Who knew that the simple act of rubbing his ears could have brought such a reaction - they probably would have been on the floor if her bed had not been behind him when his knees buckled. The feeling of his hands on her breasts sent her blood racing through her body, and heat pooling in a lower region in feelings she had never had before, not even in her dreams. This was just the beginning - there was so much more to learn and explore.
 
InuYasha felt such a warmth wash over him as he looked up to kiss Kagome again. She returned it, once again lowering her hands so that she could reach up under his shirt and bring him close to her. InuYasha complied and wrapped his arms around her and held her. He wanted to explore more, but knew they needed to take it slow.
 
Kagome brought them out of their reverie.
 
“InuYasha, do you want to take a bath while I get ready for bed and look over my notes one more time?”
 
For once, InuYasha was glad for the suggestion. The shower would be a good place to take care of the growing tent in his hakama.
 
Kagome continued, “I have some pajamas for you if you would like to put them on to sleep in. They might be more comfortable and not as warm as your firerat.”
 
InuYasha reply was, “Keh.” He took the pajamas that Kagome gave him and went to the bathroom to bathe. He thought a nice, cold shower might be good about now. He also understood Kagome's meaning regarding the pajamas. The firerat robe was comfortable to him, but it could be a bit rough to someone on the outside. Maybe she was going to let him sleep on her bed again with her tonight (would Mama allow that?).
 
Kagome sighed as InuYasha went down the hall. She knew this would take a while - she was not sure how much he knew. She used to think that at his age, he had plenty of experience. But after being with him first hand, Kagome now had her doubts. InuYasha did not make a move before she did - she'd always heard from her friends that most guys were all hands. They certainly were on TV (well, hands and a lot of other things). Kagome had never kissed a boy before InuYasha. He was the first who had ever even held her close (even if it was under the pretense of stealing the shards so he could send her back home to her time). This gave new meaning to “the blind leading the blind”. She also knew things were going to get difficult once they went back through the well. While InuYasha was trying to be considerate and gentle here. She was not sure what was going to happen when they went back to the teasing of the monk and blunt questions of Shippou. Sango meant well, but sometimes she did not know when to stop prying. Things could indeed get rough. She hoped InuYasha wouldn't revert back to his obnoxious, name calling, rude self. She knew he did not do it on purpose, but still, it hurt her feelings.
 
Kagome pondered these things as she pulled on her own pajamas and thought of her friend Yuki whom she suspected had a physical relationship with her boyfriend. He was older than her and they had been together for over a year. The last time she was over at her house, she had noticed some of the “special” manga she had tucked away in her room. Maybe Yuki could give her some suggestions, or at least let her borrow one of her books. After all, it would be very difficult to explain to her mother why she was watching some of those shows that were on television. Viewing pornography wasn't really acceptable in the house on shrine property, even if Kagome needed a crash course in sex education beyond what they had at school. She had watched some of those shows when she was at home alone, but what she saw was not what she was interested in - which seemed to consist of continually changing partners to have someone new to fuck. She wanted something more romantic, something that took more time. She wanted InuYasha to keep coming back for more. She did not want a quick fuck and then move on to someone else.
 
Kagome was jolted out of her thoughts when InuYasha came back into her room. He was wearing the pajamas she gave him and there was no sign of his regular clothing.
 
“Where are your clothes?”
 
“Your mother offered to wash them for me. She said they would be dry by morning.”
 
InuYasha stood and waited - he was not sure what was expected of him now. Kagome sat on her bed and broke the silence.
 
“Come and lay down - I want to try something again.”
 
InuYasha hesitantly lay down on his back, and Kagome pulled his head into her lap. She then started to rub his ears again. InuYasha's eyes first fluttered wide open, and then slowly closed as she ran the soothing circles in his ears. The deep rumble from his chest started as he once again felt that feeling of peace and contentment settle over him.
 
“InuYasha, I did not know you could make a sound like that - I don't remember ever hearing anything like it before, other than Buyo or Kirara purring.”
 
“I didn't know I could do it, either.”
 
Actually, that was not quite the truth, but not really a lie. He used to make a similar purring sound when he was little. His mother would rub his ears to soothe him when he was frightened or sick. He never thought anyone would be able to make him do that again. A calmness he could not explain flowed through his body.
 
“InuYasha, would you stay and just hold me tonight? I need to go to sleep soon since I have school and a test tomorrow, but I feel so safe having you here with me.”
 
InuYasha replied by rolling over on his side and backing up to the wall. Kagome lay down with her back to him, and InuYasha pulled her into his chest. They went to sleep with his arms wrapped around her and his nose nuzzling the back of her neck. Kagome sighed in contentment and wrapped her arms around his as they fell asleep. Both felt as though they were bathed in a warm glow.
 
~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0~~~~~~
 
If anyone with real spiritual or youkai powers had looked in later that night, they would have seen an interesting sight. InuYasha's youkai aura was normally a deep red, while Kagome's miko aura was a whitish pink. Neither was normally visible to the naked eye. They were felt more than seen, usually in battle when emotions were high. However, as they held each other, it appeared that the two auras were almost merging. InuYasha and Kagome were surrounded by a reddish hot pink glow as they slept. While each still had an independent aura, InuYasha's red had become even fierier with a tinge of pink, and Kagome's now had a tinge of red. Even though they had not yet taken each other as mates, it appeared that their souls knew they were meant to be together.
 
~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0~~~~~~
 
InuYasha and Kagome were both jolted awake the next morning by Kagome's alarm clock. InuYasha knew that Kagome would have to get ready for school, so he went downstairs in search of his clothes. Mama Higurashi was already in the kitchen preparing breakfast. In answer to his yet asked question, she told him that his clothes were hanging in the laundry room, and that he could use the spare bedroom to change.
 
As InuYasha pulled on his normal attire, he realized that he felt a surge of energy and power that he never had before other than when he instinctively went to protect Kagome. He dismissed it, thinking it must be because he had such a good night's sleep with Kagome so close to him. Even though she was no longer rubbing his ears, he was still purring as he had drifted off to sleep.
 
 ~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0~~~~~~
 
Kagome brushed her teeth and put on her school uniform as she did every day that she went to school. Something felt different this morning, though. She could not put her finger on it, but the only words that came to mind was that she felt GREAT! Kagome felt like she could conquer the world (including Naraku) if she had to today. Kagome decided it must be a combination of a good night's sleep and relief from the tension that had been building within her over InuYasha the last few months. Getting everything out into the open had done them both a world of good.
 
 ~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0~~~~~~
 
Fortunately, breakfast was rather uneventful. Souta was too busy stuffing his face so he could get off to school, and Gramps had already eaten and was out in the shrine. InuYasha figured he was probably looking for more sutras to throw at him.
 
InuYasha asked, “Kagome, when will you be ready to go back?”
 
Kagome replied, “Well, you know I have the math test today. If they don't spring any more tests this week, we can go back either tonight or in the morning.”
 
InuYasha thought about it, “I will go back and check on the others while you are at school and tell them you'll be back tomorrow. I will come back to help with your supplies. The new moon is tonight, so it's not like we'll be chasing demons, anyway. I guess I would rather be here than sealed in the hut for the night.”
 
Mama Higurashi asked, “Will you be gone long? I could use some help with the shopping if you could go along. We're running low on Ramen.”
 
It was painfully obvious that Mama knew him too well. InuYasha knew she would be buying more than Ramen, but that certainly got his attention.
 
“I'll go back just long enough to check on the others and let them know we will be back tomorrow.”
 
With that he put his dishes in the sink and bound out the door. Now if he could just get through without having to play twenty questions with the rest of their group in the past.
 
As InuYasha jumped in the well, and then out the other side, Kagome felt something strange - it was almost like she was missing something. She just shook her head as she decided she needed to get going to school.
 
Mama interrupted her thoughts. “Kagome, are you coming straight home from school?”
 
“I don't know, Mama. I was kind of thinking of talking to Yuki after school, but it should not take long. Why do you ask?”
 
Mama replied with that glint in her eyes again, “I was just thinking that if tonight is the new moon, then maybe you and InuYasha could go out and do something together.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened as she considered the possibilities.
 
“But Mama, he does not really have anything to wear. I know he gets by with dad's old clothes when he has to, but he isn't that comfortable in them - and there is not a pair of shoes here he will keep on his feet for longer than it takes to buy his Ramen at the store.”
 
Mama Higurashi just smiled. “Don't worry - I will take care of it.”
 
Kagome grinned as she headed out to school, dreaming about where she might go with InuYasha tonight.
 
 
~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0~~~~~~
 
 
On the other side of the well, InuYasha jumped out to find Shippou sitting there.
 
Shippou, being Shippou, immediately started in on InuYasha, “Where's Kagome? Why didn't she come back with you? What did you do this time? It's all your fault you made her mad and now she won't come back!”
 
Shippou suddenly stopped and took a big sniff, “Hey, you're different - what have you done? Why do you smell like Kagome more than usual - you feel more like her, too!”
 
With that, InuYasha picked Shippou up by his tail. “Keh! Keep your nose to yourself and your mouth shut. It's just because I've been there longer than usual waiting for Kagome to take another one of those baka tests!”
 
Shippou's mouth was now clamped shut, so InuYasha continued, “Where are the others? I need to find out what's going on and let them know that Kagome is taking her test and will not be back until morning.”
 
Shippou decided it was safe to answer. “They are back at the village. Not much has happened. Are you sure something didn't happen with Kagome - you're different!”
 
InuYasha's expression was a combination of angry and puzzled - he was mad that Shippou didn't know when to keep his mouth shut, but puzzled about what the kitsune was picking up on. He may be a child, but he was still a full demon.
 
“Keh - let's go find the others.”
 
InuYasha strode along the path he knew so well back to Kaede's. He found Kaede and Miroku in their morning meditation with their eyes closed and chanting softly. Both looked up with the same startled expression as they felt him approach.
 
“InuYasha?”
 
Both Kaede and Miroku addressed him, as Sango came flying out of the hut with her Hiraikotsu and slid to a halt in front of him.
 
“InuYasha?”
 
“Keh! What's WITH you guys?”
 
Kaede spoke up first, “We felt an incredibly strong aura approach - what have you done?”
 
InuYasha mumbled, “First Shippou, now you lot. IT'S JUST ME!”
 
It was Miroku's turn now as he smirked, “You sly dog - you've finally taken Kagome as your mate! That would explain the increase in the power of your aura.”
 
InuYasha's face was rivaling the color of his haori again. “No, I haven't! And if I did, what would it have to do with anything?!”
 
It was obvious to all that something had happened, but InuYasha was not talking. Shippou decided there was safety in numbers and popped off, “I told him he smelled more like Kagome than usual, and feels more like her, too!”
 
InuYasha looked at them like they had each grown an extra head. He knew he felt different, but still thought it was just because he was happy for a change and had such a good night's sleep. He decided it was time to go while the getting was good.
 
“Oi! I came to make sure you lot were okay and to tell you that Kagome is taking one of those tests and plans to come back tomorrow. Her mother wants me to help get supplies so I'm going back. We will see you tomorrow.”
 
With that, he ran back toward the well and leaped in. Miroku smirked, Sango was standing there with her mouth hanging open, and Kaede just went, “huummm.”
 
Shippou interrupted everyone's thoughts with, “I hope she remembers my crayons and pocky!”
 
 
~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0~~~~~~
 
 
InuYasha leapt out of the well and walked out of the well house. He was glad to get away from that lot - why were they all gawking at him so? Deciding maybe they had been into those herbs of Kaede's that could make you hallucinate, he went into the house and announced himself to let Mama Higurashi know he was back.
 
Mama was dressed and in the kitchen. “Ready to go shopping? I put out some clothes for you to change into before we go out. They are in Kagome's room. I also found a pair of sandals - maybe they won't be as hard on your feet as regular shoes are.”
 
“Keh.” InuYasha headed up to Kagome's room to change. He came back downstairs and Mama produced a ball cap for him to cover his ears.
 
Mama helped InuYasha put on the sandals before they went out. They walked down the shrine steps and InuYasha started to turn in the direction of the market out of habit.
 
Mama reached out and grabbed his elbow. “We're going a little further today, so we will be taking the bus. I want to get you some clothes that you are more comfortable in for when you go out. How are the sandals? We can get you a pair that fit better if you like them better than regular shoes.”
 
The sandals were more comfortable than regular shoes. While he was not really comfortable having anything between the soles of his feet and the ground, at least they didn't pinch his claws back up into his toes. He could tolerate them if he had to.
 
“Keh. They don't hurt my feet as much,” was his reply.
 
They got on the bus as InuYasha watched everything go by in wonder. While he was not thrilled about being in the vehicle, it really was not too bad since it had lots of room. The worst part was the smells - everything was trapped in the bus with them. He was glad when they reached their stop and got off.
 
Mama Higurashi was taking InuYasha to a department store. She did not go to the mall since she was afraid that might be a bit much for him. She told InuYasha to follow her as they headed towards the men's department.
 
She decided to start with pants since they would probably be the hardest to fit. Knowing his preferred style of dress, she headed towards the ones that were a bit baggy to begin with. Gauging his size, she selected several different pairs for him to try. She then picked several muscle shirts and t-shirts out, and headed towards the dressing rooms with him.
 
InuYasha tried on several pairs of pants before he found some that he thought he could wear. He came out wearing a pair of black baggy pants and a black muscle shirt. Usually hidden under his haori and hakama, Mama Higurashi discovered that InuYasha had a muscular, lean, well-toned and well-tanned body under that mane of silver hair. No wonder her daughter wanted to get her hands on him…
 
“InuYasha, are you comfortable in that?”
 
“Keh, enough to get by. I could stand to wear them for a while if I had to.”
 
They found three pairs of pants and half a dozen shirts he was comfortable with for him to wear when he had to go out in public. Judging from his pants size, Mama also picked up a package of boxers for him (she didn't see him as the tighty whitey type - in fact she was not sure he wore any kind of underwear at all). To top off the selection, she picked up another ball cap and a couple of black bandannas to cover his ears. He would not need them tonight, but he would the rest of the month. Last but not least, she took him to the shoe department. He found a pair of sandals that fit and he wore them out of the store.
 
Satisfied that at least one of the outfits would please her daughter (along with half the female population), they got back on the bus and headed for the regular market. Picking up what should be plenty of food (especially Ramen) and medical supplies, they headed back to the shrine to wait for Kagome and nightfall.
 
 
~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0~~~~~~
 
 
Kagome made it through her math test and the rest of the school day. She had managed to get Yuki by herself at lunch and asked if she could talk to her after school. They left the others at the end of the day with the excuse that Kagome was going home with Yuki to help her with her history. That was believable - Kagome was struggling with some of her other subjects, but she was doing really well in history.
 
As they walked, Yuki broke the silence, “OK Kagome, what's up? Are you having trouble with your two-timing boyfriend again and did not want the third degree from the others?”
 
Kagome sighed. “Yes and no. He's not two timing any more. He finally called it quits with the other and told her to leave him alone. He also told me he needed and wanted me.”
 
At this point Kagome took a deep breath, “Yuki, have you and your boyfriend ever, well - you know…I'm only asking you because you always seemed the most understanding of the group, and you two guys have been together for a while.”
 
Yuki just laughed. “You mean you want to know if we've ever had sex?”
 
Kagome turned bright red, “Not just that, how long did you wait? How did you know? What did you do while you were waiting? How did you keep from losing him before you were ready?”
 
They had reached Yuki's house and Kagome followed her to her bedroom where Yuki closed the door and sat on her bed before she spoke, “Kagome, you will know when the time is right. If he loves you, he won't rush you. There are things you can do in the meantime to keep his attention, though, if you know what I mean.”
 
Yuki pulled open the bottom drawer of her desk and pulled out a book. “Kagome, take this. It will help and answer some of your questions. Just do me a favor and don't mention it to the others. And for heaven's sake, make sure your mother and little brother do not find it!”
 
Kagome felt like she must have blushed all the way down to her toes when she looked at the contents of the book. However, she thanked Yuki, hid the book amongst the many in her backpack, and headed home. She still had an evening with a human InuYasha to look forward to.