InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shikon high school ❯ It's a date ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer:  do not and never will own inuyasha
First off I would like to say thank you to the people who reviewed my story. I really appreciate it. I'm sorry for taking so long to update but I had school and then after exams I kind of forgot ^_^. Once again I am sorry.
 
          & nbsp;           &nbs p;            & nbsp;  Chapter 5
Things aren't always what they seem. True words of wisdom.' Kagome thought as she lay on her bed trying to put her mind at rest.
 “Things aren't always what they seem” she said out loud this time ever since her little conversation with sango those words have been popping in and out of her head. Something about the situation just didn't seem right. Kagome turned to her right to look at her alarm clock the time read one a clock. “I better get some rest”
 She concluded that the only way she was going to get any rest was to think of something else. As she lay there a certain silver haired boy came to mind. Kagome had never seen anyone like he. From the minute she saw him her mind painted a portrait of him and it was perfect. His face reminded her so much of a god. The last thing that was on her mind before she drifted of was inuyasha.
**
 The next day everything seemed to be ok. Kagome kept turning to see inuyasha looking at her and she couldn't help but blush. She would never admit it but she loves the attention that he gives her. She knew that there had to be something special about him. She only knew him for one day and already she had the biggest crush on him.
Inuyasha spent the day having pretty much the same thoughts going through his head. Every time she caught him looking at her, his heart would speed up. Then he would sit there wondering if she felt the same for him as he did for her. He knew there was something unique about this girl. When she smiled it felt as if she could do no wrong. But he felt like he could never be worth some one like her. He's had many girl friends but she was the only girl that he felt he had to prove himself to.
“Inuyasha” he heard Ms. Konawa hiss. His eyes instantly snapped from kagome to the woman standing in front of his desk her face red with fury. Ever since day one this she had it in for him. She was against him being admitted to this school from the beginning. To say she hated him was an understatement. “You worthless” she cut herself off and looked around to find the she had the whole class attention “for once in your life could you do something right” inuyasha gave her a glare that could kill. He was just about to say something rude and disrespect full when he remembered what his brother had told him right before her started to go to this school.
<< Flash back>>
Inuyasha sat in the passenger seat of a blue van looking out at the building that would be his new school.
“Well what are you waiting for” his brother asked in a tone that suggests he couldn't care less. When inuyasha didn't answer Sesshomaru turned to look at him. Sesshomaru had the same silver hair with gold eyes. The only difference was that Sesshomaru's face held an unwavering seriousness and inuyasha was soft and kind looking. “What ails you little brother.”
"Nothing, I was just thinking" he answered then turned to his brother. "Why do I have to go? They don't even want me here “it gets annoying always having to move because of who I am"
Sesshomaru took a moment to register what his brother had just said. He had always been sympathetic towards inuyasha problems and tried his best to help. But he never let inuyasha catch on to those little facts. Because after all he did have an image to protect.
"Listen inuyasha because I will only say this once" when he saw that he had his brothers attention he continued. "People will only say what they know will hurt you. You come from a very strong family. Your blood may be tainted but you are strong none the less. So why don't you quiet complaining and make something of yourself."
Inuyasha looked form his brother to the school "your right I shouldn't let these people bring me down... thanks sess"
"Your welcome" Sesshomaru answered in his normal cold tone.
"O.k. this is getting awkward. I thought you hated me"
"I do. I just refuse to sit here and watch while you tarnish our family name. Now get out of my car"
<<End flash back>>
Sesshomaru was not one of inuyasha's favorite people but when he gave you advise you could take it to heart.
'I could deal with this matter one of two ways... I could defend my honor' inuyasha thought to himself 'or I could just suck it up for once' he decide to do what would get Miss Konawa more upset.
"I'm very sorry Miss Konawa I should have been listing"
By the look on her face inuyasha cold tell that he won. The woman would love nothing more than to get him into an argument that would ultimately lead to hi explosion.
The teacher looked like she was at a loss for words "well...um...good"
Inuyasha was having a hard time trying to hold back a grin.
She walked back to her desk just as the bell rang.inuyasha walked out the class but not before showing miss.konawa the grin he tried to hard to hide.
"Wow”miroku said patting his friends back "I never thought I would live to see the day you sucked up you pride. I'm proud of you"
"Did you see the look one her face it was priceless" inuyasha said with a laugh "and you'd think she'd be happy I didn't argue"
"So you're interested in kagome"
It took a second for inuyasha to realize the change in subject. And when he did he instantly blushed
"What makes you think that" he said trying to cover it up "we jus meet"
"And since when has that ever stopped you... I know you like her one because I saw you watching her all class and two" he said holding up to fingers "because of the beautiful shade of red you're sporting"
"Whatever miroku" just as the word left his mouth the object of his desires walked up to him.
“Hey inuyasha. Hey miroku”
“Hey” was all he could say. While miroku waved
“So I heard that there was this festival in town this Friday. And since I just moved here I don't really know one I could go with so I was wondering…” she paused for a moment. `When did I get so bold? Oh my gosh what if he says no I'll just die' “I was wondering if maybe you could take me”
`Did she just ask me out?' When inuyasha didn't answer right away she took it as a sign that he didn't like her. She felt as if her heart was breaking
“But if you have plans for the week end I understand” you could almost hear the sadness in her voice.
“No” inuyasha said and instantly kagome face fell. “I mean no I don't have plans and I would love to take you” kagome let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding `he said yes'
“So it's a date” she said with a smile that could light up a room
“It's a date”
**********************************************************
FIN
Sorry this ch. was so short the next one will be longer. Sorry it took so long to update. Nothing really happened in this chapter but the next one will be mostly about inuyasha and kagome. I want to save miroku's part of the story for a later chapter. And don't worry the mean girls will be at the festival to so you can expect trouble. R&R.
p.s reviews make me want to write more