InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shocking New Love ❯ Kagome's Dream ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sesshomaru and Rin had arrived about three miles away from where Kagome was sleeping in the cave. The rain poured down from the sky and stung Rin's skin like needles. She got as close to Sesshomaru as possible to keep dry, but to no avail. Sesshomaru was getting soaked, but he didn't care. All that mattered to him right now was finding Kagome. He had lost Kagome's scent completely, but he could still sense her spiritual powers. She's very close. The feeling is getting stronger, he thought.
“My lord, I'm getting cold,” said Rin, shivering. Sesshomaru picked Rin up and held her close to him.
“Stay close to me, you'll be warmer that way,” he said gently. Rin nodded and cuddled close to Sesshomaru's kimono, closing her eyes. Sesshomaru continued walking, getting anxious to see Kagome again.
The rain had reached Inuyasha and the others as well, and they were getting soaked to the bone, and fast. The winds were so strong where they were that Kirara couldn't stay on course for very long. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo held on tightly, trying not to fall off of her back. Thunder boomed and lightning cracked, slicing the sky in half. Shippo clung to the back of Miroku's kimono, scared of the loud thunder. Inuyasha held his arm in front of his face to block the rain, but it didn't work as well as he'd hoped.
“Inuyasha, Kirara can't see an inch in front of her nose in this weather! We have to find someplace to stay until the storm ends!” shouted Sango over the howl of wind and the burst of thunder.
“You're right! Come on, I thought I saw a cave over there!” Inuyasha led Kirara and the others into a nearby cave and shook the water off of himself, splashing everything around him with water. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo got off of Kirara's back and sat down on the ground, Kirara shaking the water out of her fur and lying down behind them, wrapping her tail around them.
“Now what're we gonna do?” asked Shippo miserably. Inuyasha stood at the entrance of the cave, looking out.
“I don't know…” he said.
“I guess we'll have to wait until morning then… Or at least until the rain stops,” said Miroku, yawning. Inuyasha sighed and sat down near the cave entrance, guarding it in case any demons came by. Shippo yawned and cuddled close to Kirara's soft, warm, slightly damp fur and fell asleep. Sango and Miroku gladly followed him into dreamland.
Kagome was sleeping peacefully in her cave, listening to the rain fall outside. The dreams she was having had Sesshomaru in them, mostly, but some had Inuyasha in them. What did they mean, she wondered. As soon as one dream ended, another started. Her next dream seemed like it would happen some time in the near future:
Kagome was in her world beyond the well. The hustle and bustle of Tokyo was all around her, and she felt safe and secure. She was on her way home from school with her friends, Yuka, Eri, and Ayumi with her.
“So, Kagome, how's it going with you and your guy?” asked Eri. Kagome looked at her.
“Guy?”
“You know, the two-timing guy with attitude?” Kagome rubbed the back of her head.
“He's… okay. Only…” Yuka, Eri, and Ayumi turned their attention to Kagome.
“What's happened this time?!” asked Yuka. Kagome looked at the ground as she walked.
“He's not my guy anymore… I broke up with him a while ago…” she said glumly. Her three friends gasped.
“What did he do that made you break up with him?” asked Ayumi, kind of disappointed. Kagome sighed.
“You were right… He is two-timing… I saw him kissing another girl…” Eri put her hand on Kagome's shoulder.
“Aw, I'm sorry Kagome. Are ya gonna be okay?” she asked. Kagome nodded, wiping away some tears. Yuka clenched her hands into fists.
“I knew that guy was no good for you,” she said angrily. Kagome looked up, surprised. Yuka blinked.
“What? What'd I say?” Kagome shook her head.
“Nothing… I've just never seen you so angry before,” she said.
“Oh,” said Yuka. Ayumi said something this time.
“So, are you going out with someone else now?” she asked. Kagome looked at her in shock.
“Huh?!” she exclaimed. Ayumi blinked.
“I'm just asking.” Kagome sighed.
“Well… I uh…”
“Is it that Koga dude?” asked Eri. “Or is it Hojo?” Kagome shook her head.
“No, it's not Koga or Hojo… Remember when I told you about my ex-boyfriend's older brother?” asked Kagome. The three friends nodded. “Well…” Yuka, Eri, and Ayumi gasped again.
“You're going out with his older brother?!” exclaimed Ayumi. Kagome nodded slightly.
“Talk about cold… You dumped the other guy and now you're going out with his older brother,” sighed Yuka.
“I guess… But I have to admit that he's a lot sweeter and more of a gentleman than Inuyasha was,” said Kagome, smiling a bit. Ayumi sighed dreamily.
“Wow, he sounds really nice, Kagome.”
“He is. He's very brave, strong, and all around cool to hang around,” assured Kagome, blushing at what she just said about the demon lord. Ayumi's eyes were sparkling.
“Is he cute?” asked a very curious Eri. Kagome giggled.
“He's gorgeous. His eyes are beautiful, and his hair is really long too.”
“What's his name?” asked Yuka.
“Sesshomaru.”
“Cool name.” It was Ayumi who spoke next.
“His name means `Killing Perfection' and `Killing Beauty', he-he,” she said. The four friends laughed.
Kagome was at her shrine now and she stood at the bottom of the stairs leading up to it.
“I'll see you guys tomorrow, okay?” she said.
“Okay. Bye Kagome.” Yuka, Eri, and Ayumi walked away, heading back to their houses. Kagome waved goodbye as they disappeared from sight and walked up the long set of stairs leading to the yard of her home.
When she got to the top, she stopped to catch her breath.
“I wish… those stairs… weren't… so numerous…” she panted. Then she saw a shadow on the ground in front of her.
“Huh?” She looked up and her eyes went wide with surprise at whom she saw standing in front of her. It was Sesshomaru. Kagome stood up to her full height, walked away from the stairs of the shrine and looked into his eyes.
“Sesshomaru? When did you get here?” she asked curiously. Sesshomaru merely smiled a bit.
“I came a few minutes ago,” he said calmly. Kagome smiled.
“I see. So, is there any particular reason you came here?”
“I wanted to tell you something.” Kagome was confused.
“Okay then. Tell me.” Sesshomaru stepped towards her and took both of her hands in his. Kagome looked into his eyes, blushing slightly. What on earth is he doing? She wondered.
“I've been wanting to say this for so long, but I've never gotten the chance. We've been through a lot during the time we've been together, and during that period, we have helped each other in battle,” started Sesshomaru.
“Yes, we have been through a lot,” agreed Kagome. Sesshomaru moved a little closer to Kagome, gazing at her.
“I wanted to say that I... love you, Kagome.” Kagome felt like she was going to pass out. He loves… me?! She thought, shocked.
“You… love me?” she asked shyly, blushing a bright shade of pink.
“Yes, I do. With all my heart and soul. Ever since that day I saw you in the forest, about to be devoured by that bat demon, I knew I loved you.” Kagome looked at him, misty eyed.
“I love you too, Sesshomaru…” she said softly. Sesshomaru let go of Kagome's hands and wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to him. Kagome wrapped her arms around his neck, eyes closed, happy tears streaming slowly down her cheeks. She had hoped that Sesshomaru felt the same way about her. Sesshomaru leaned down a little bit and placed a gentle kiss on Kagome's lips, closing his eyes. Kagome kissed him back. She had finally found the man of her dreams… At that point, the dream ended.
Kagome woke up after that last dream, blushing as though it had actually happened.
“Whoa… what a weird dream that was… It was too romantic to be true… Sesshomaru can't REALLY love me… can he?” Kagome asked herself. “Well, I know I love him, that's for sure.” Then she heard someone speak.
“How cute, the priestess is in love with a supposed enemy.”