InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Fox ❯ Painful Choice ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: don't own.

chapter told from Kagome's POV.

~*~*~*~*~

God it hurt. Everything burned. My muscles relaxed and contracted rapidly. My knees gave and I was on the ground. It was cold then hot in such a rapid and extreme way I just might die. Another burning sensation burst over the left side of my face, as if I'd recieved a cut from a knife. My teeth ached as they rearanged to suit the two new fangs that grew into place. Bones grew violently. I could feel my nails growing and it felt as if they were being ripped of agonizingly slow.

My eyes started to burn and my vision went black leaving me blind. My wrists mimicked the pain that had come over the left half of my face as did my ankles. Sound was also drowned out.

"Calm down."

"It hurts!"

"You body is going form human to demonic it will be over soon."

"Make it stop!"

"It is to late."

The voice sounded like Reiken's. She had sounded sorry for the pain.

"I didn't know that there would be this many physical changes, I'm sorry."

She came into my blind vision, looking at me sadly. Some one called her name and she looked over her shoulder to a young boy with short silver hair like hers. Reiken turned completely to him catching his form into her arms.

"Thank you for letting me go back to my family."

She turned and faded into the shadows. I could see again. I was laying in a field of ice, looking up at the moon. The burning was slowly fadeing away. All the colors were so vibrant, as if I could see hues of colors that never existed before. I could hear the continual night forest chatter so well it seemed as if all the creatures were sitting right next to me.

It hurt to move, but I had to sit up. Had to see what I looked like. My legs were shaky as I slowly stood. The hot spring wasn't to far. I must see how I look. My steps were cautious and wobbly, like and infants first steps. The more I walked the better control I gained. I sat on a rock on the edge of the hot spring and peeked in. My hair was still that midnight black except where the moon hit it. Where the moon touched it was a bright glowing silver. My eyes were an icy blue almost silver. Ears were now pointy as is common for a full demon.

A single silver stripe was on my left cheek. I stood trying to use the water as a mirror. My legs were longer and made my school skirt seem to short. A sleek silver tail was wrapped around my waist. I was taller too. My sleeves were now three inches to short. I looked down at my hands. My fingers were longer giving them an eloquent look, not the childish way they used to. I looked down to my reflection again. I looked about twenty standing there, a sluty twenty with the short skirt, yet still twenty.

I could hear my name being called from the direction the camp was in. I could smell it from here. The burning wood and leaves. Two human, a kit, a hanyou, and death. I don't think I like that smell to much. Before as long as I stood at least five feet away I was fine, now I could smell from over fifteen yards away as if it was stand up close. There could be downfalls to these new abilitis. I could hear a soft rustling. InuYasha was coming. He aways used to seem to run quieter.

His steps slowed as he came to the hotspring. He was standing on the opposite side of the hot spring as me. We looked at each other for some time.

"Kagome?"His voice was soft.

~*~*~*~*~

Wow! I wasn't sure how I wanted this to happen but so far it's working well. What do you think?