InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Fox ❯ Don't reach for me ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
.InuYasha was staring at her in amazement. Kagome was a demon. A very beautiful demon. She had yet to say anything to him, just watching for any more reactions. Kagome's posture was slouched, as if she'd just gone through intense training.[ She turned away from him, walking back toward the ice field she created.

"Kagome." He called her name again.

He jumped across the hot spring, slowly following her. When he caught up she was standing in the field, holding a flower that now resembled a crystal. He walked towards her, minding the ice under his feet.

"Kagome?" He held his hand out to her.

"InuYasha." She turned and looked down at his hand. "You have another. I'm no longer yours."

Kagome quietly stepped around him and went back towards the camp. Her steps were steady and silent. Kykio was awake and Shippou was falling asleep until he smell Kagome. Kagome could hear the kit jump up and prepare for her arrival. She stepped into the camp. Shippou came bounding toward her and stopped before he reached her. He looked up with questioning eyes. He shook his head before launching himself at her.

"Kagome you smell really good!"

He dug his face into her shirt.

"Well what do I smell like Shippou?"

"Like winter and ice."

"So now your a demon." Kykio's voice was unmistakable.

Kagome's growl was faint, but Shippou caught it. He looked up, eyes pleading not to hurt any one.

"I hope you don't think that InuYasha will come back to you."

Kagome remained silent, staring at Kykio. Her growling was slowly growing louder. She was glaring a Kykio. Shippou shivered and caught her attention. He looked up at her, almost in tears.

"Don't be scared. I'm not angry with you kit."

He stopped shivering at the last word.

"Kagome?" She looked back down at him. "You called me kit."

"You are aren't you?"

"Yes but -"

"It is used if you are my child yes?"

He nodded and waited for her to continue.

"You are mine. I adopted you, and you have listen just as any child would their mother or father."

"Thank you...mother."

Kykio stood, sneering at them.

"Make faces all you want."

Kykio pulled her bow around and notched and arrow. She pulled back and let it loose. Kagome easily side stepped the projectile. She set Shippou down at the base of a tree and moved away. Kykio smiled and took aim. The point resting on Kagome. Quickly she shifted aim to Shippou and let go. Kagome had a second to react and jump in front of the arrow. The arrow pierced through her shoulder and into the tree behind her. Kykio looked on stunned.

"Interesting. You weren't purified."

Kagome growled ferociously, bearing fangs. InuYasha came in just then. His gaze drifted to Kagome. He reached out a hand, ready to take the arrow out.

"Don't come near me. Don't reach for me. You have yours."

She reached up and snapped the end of the arrow of. She slid her shoulder of the wood. Kagome hissed in pain. She pushed her palm to the wound. Her jaw clenched as the healing was sped up ten fold. Kagome looked down at her hands. How did she know how to do that? It just came to her. She shook her head.

"I'm leaving. Tell them I said goodbye."

She turned away and started to walk. A small hand on her leg stopped her. Kagome looked down to Shippou.

"If I am truly your kit, let me come."

Kagome nodded slightly and started off into the wood.

~*~*~*~*~

Short I know. But still entertaining all the way. R & R!!!