InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Fox ❯ Her Capture ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Don't own.

~*~*~*~*~

It seemed like she just left them a few minutes ago. Her two companions, sleeping and unaware. In reality in was two days ago. She almost passed out when she went through a human village. The smell of filth was overwhelming. She wondered how she couldn't have smelled it before. Sure her human nose was inferior to a demon's, but really, the place reaked. Kagome silently vowed to stay as far as she could from the villages.

Presently she was walking down and open trail with a lake to one side. A calm breeze weaving through the trees. A foul smell was carried along with it. It was a mix a poison and something rotten, but as soon as it appeared, it disappeared. Kagome looked up wind. There was nothing there. She shrugged it off and kept walking. Again the smell passed her nose, again she stopped and looked.

"Shippou, do you smell that?"

"Huh?"

He stuck his nose up and inhaled deeply.

"I don't smell anything."

Kagome started walking in the direction the smell came from. This whole area had an underlying sense of danger, and it was growing the closer she got to the decaying trees in the distance. She continued walking forward to the edge of the wood. Kagome could sense a barrier there. A powerful barrier. She reached out to touch it and was surprised that it let her through. She stepped in and her nose was assulted with a foul smell. Shippou pulled her back, just outside the barrier.

"It smells like Naraku." Shippou said.

"It something happens, go get help."

No sooner had she said it did she become enveloped in tentacles and pulled through the barrier. She was pulled through the dead forest, branches breaking against her body. Suddenly she was released and thrown into a wall. Laughter floated around her. She opened her eyes to see Naraku standing before her.

"Now this is an interesting development. One turn I didn't expect. I'll make do with you though." His grin was small yet held the malice of the devil himself.

His tentacles wrapped around her again and threw her across the small palace courtyard into another wall. She bounced off and to the ground. The process was repeated, giving her no time to fight back. He pulled her into his tentacles again and squeezed tightly. She gasped, the breath was being squeezed out of her. Her vision was getting black around the edges and she was loosing focus. Was this the end? Was she going to die here? Kagome finally passed out.

~~*~~*~~*~~

Kagome woke in a coughing fit. It hurt to breath and her ribs were bruised. How long was she out? Her mind was a little foggy and she couldn't think straight. Kagome sat up slowly, looking around as she did. It was a stone room. She wen to move towards the door but found herself detained by a metal collar.

"Did you think I'd be foolish enough to leave an animal unchained?"

Kagome hissed at him, pulling at the full length of chain. He chuckled.

"Now, now. If you continue to act like an animal,I'll have no choice but to treat you like one."

He laughed darkly as he closed the cell door behind him. Kagome sat against the wall, her thoughts dwelling on her kit. It was almost sunset, she could feel it. Kagome, having nothing better to do, cased the floor and walls in a thin sheet of ice. The ice kept the smell down. She layered more ice in one spot, making a makeshift bed. Afew hours went by and Kagome fell asleep. She woke to a dull thud. Naraku was on the floor.

"Careful, the floor is icy."

He snareled at her.

"Now, now. If you continue to act like an animal,I'll have no choice but to treat you like one." She said feeding his exact words back to him.

He stood as dignified as he could.

"Make all the remarks you want, if will only be worse when your beaten into submission."

Kagome's grin slipped away to be replaced by a worried look.

"Yes, you'd be the perfect little pet. Alway sitting at my feet, greatful for any attention I give you, always ready to please me in any way possible."

Kagome now noticed the leather whip coild at his side now. She could see the the metal barbs glinting in what little light made it in. It was coated in a kind of oil, mink oil perhaps, maybe with sadle soap as well. Naraku stepped closer giving Kagome a better view of the barbs on the whip. They weren't barbs, they were a type of fang. Fangs that were polished and beautifully curved with serrate edges on on side.

"Dragon teeth. Not useful if you don't know how to use them, and I know how to you them." His smile told her what he said was true.

He did know how to use the whip. He knew very well how to use it. His movements were quick almost to the point where she didn't feel pain until the cruel leather left her back. He didn't seem to tire at all. Finally he stopped but not until her back was bloody tatters. Kagome was huddled on the floor.

"The good thing about dragon teeth, they never mar beauty. I'll be back tomorrow."