InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Fox ❯ New lord ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: don't own it.

~*~*~*~*~

Kagome was sitting in the bleacher like seats in the dojo. The fights were going to start soon. Competitors had been divided acording to strengths and powers. She had gotten to see the list of demons that passed the knowledge test, not very long but the dominant species seemed to be the inu youkia.Though two tigers and one red fox did make it. In total, only eight passed so far. The first fight was between the single male fox and a male black dog. Both were of an equal build.

Neither had any special abilities so weapon of choice was the rule. The fox held a whip, nine foot in length. Most of it splayed on the floor. The dog held a long sword, two handed. Kagome looked at his stance closer. Two handed swords can give you better control, but they often weigh more. His stance was wrong for the type of blade. The form was one used for short blades, typical of assassins.

She turned her eyes back to the fox. He was relaxed and definently comfortable with his choice. A guard signalled the go ahead and the fight started. The fox was fluent in his movements and knew to keep out of range of the long sword. Whips weren't exactly a defensive weapon, but are great for disarming an opponent if you know how. The leather coiled around steel. The dog was now disarmed and reduced to hand to hand combat. Only one problem, his opponent wasn't down to hand to hand.

Sesshoumaru had declared the first round three blood. The second, submit. The third, to the death if wanted other wise, it was submit. Kagome looked up at the crack of the whip. The dog had a long gash across his chest. It was a sacrifice, because now, he was up close. The fox stumble back when he was hit full force in the jaw. He wiped a trickle of blood from his mouth.

The fox swung hard upper cutting. The dog slid across the floor. He spit blood on the floor and stood. The fox picked up his whip and fell into his relaxed stance again. The dog circled, just outside of range. He feigned a charge and the fox cracked the whip. The fox charged, swinging his whip around to wrap around the dog's neck. He was successful and quickly ended the fight by drawing blood. The match was called and the fox advanced.

The next fight was between the tigers. A male and a female, both having powers in the art of transformation. Though their transformation were not illusions like those common among foxes. Kagome watched closely. Even if she couldn't accomplish this kind of transformation, she should be at least able to spot it, or the magic involved. They took the shape of their respective animals. With only the power to transform into animals, they fought like animals. Coming in, swiping, biting, backing away, and doing it all over again.

It was like some dance, all the moves perfectly choreographed and practiced. They morphed shape again. Kagome noticed that no matter the shape, the aura stayed the same, and it was clearly human...well not human, demon. Either way it wasn't an animal. The femal pinned the male and cut his side. That was third blood.

The match was called and the female walked away victorious. The last two matches were the remaining dog demons. Kagome went to check on Shippou and Rin as the fights were going on. Shippou and Rin were in the courtyard with Shippou trying to teach Rin to climb trees. Unfortunately for Rin, she didn't have claws like Shippou. Kagome smiled and came up behind Rin to give her a boost into a tree. Rin squeeled in delight as she perched on the branch.

Her and Shippou played in th tree for awhile, Rin only having to be resqued once from falling. Kagome helped her out of the tree so they could play tag. Rin was it and was chasing Shippou. Kagome watched intently, some thing was off. Rin's aura wavered, dissipated, grew, changed, all before going back to normal. She caught Shippou and they rolled over the ground. Kagome left them to find Sesshoumaru. Something was wrong, really wrong.

Sesshoumaru, as usual, was in his study going over papers for his lands. He glanced up at her before continueing his paper work.

"I think we may have a problem."

"And what would that be?" Sesshoumaru inquired.

"Rin isn't human."

Sesshoumaru stopped and looked up.

"Of course she is. Her scent, form, and energy are all human."

"I was just in the yard watching them play. Rin's aura changed into another, it felt demonic, but not evil."

"This is an interesting development. I'll look into it tomorrow."

Kagome nodded before going back to the dojo. She missed the semi-finals and now it was down to the finals. The fox and tiger were ready to fight. They were allowed to use anything they wish, but only one weapon. The tiger chose twin dia-katana and the fox again chose a whip. The tiger viciously attacked, dodging the whip. The fox ducked under the katana and slashed across her abdomen with his claws. She kneed him in the jaw.

The tiger lunged holding the katana like you would a switch-blade for a downward stabbing motion. The fox rolled away and kicked the tiger in her side. She rolled across the floor and came to a stop face down. The fox found his whip and picked it up. The tiger was back on her feet, ready to fight. She charged again. He ducked and kicked her feet from under her.

She flipped and landed on her feet. He grabbed one of the fallen katana and threw it at blinding speed. It slid throuh her stomach and peirced the spine. The tiger fell limply to the floor, blood forming a puddled around her. The match was called. The red fox had won. A guard cleared the body out to make way for the servants who were to clean it.

Kagome approached the fox. He looked her over quickly and got a smirck on his face. He swaggered the rest of the way over, making sure to flick his tail. He was at least a head taller than Kagome.

"And what's your name?"

"Kagome, present ruler over the silver fox village."

"So your the woman that killed Kyo. Such brutality. I like that in a woman."

He stepped closer, closing the space between them down to a few inches.

"Name's Sai."

"Step back a little there buddy."

"But we are lord and lady, we should always be at least this close, but I prefer closer." He whispered into her ear.

"Take it easy, you aren't lord until I say you are."

"But I have won the contest."

"And I asked for personal screening done by me of the winner. If I find him unfit, then he shall not rule."

"Fine." He sighed and stepped back.

"What do you want with the silver foxes?"

"I was asked this before."

"Answer it again or leave."

"I'm an outcast from my clan, I need some where to belong. The silver foxes happened to be looking for a lord, and me, a home."

"How will you rule?"

"To the needs of the foxes. I can't exactly rule against them seeing as how they out number me."

"In time of war what will you do?"

"Who's war?"

"One in which that would run across your territory."

"Depending on circumstances, I would either move the village, or find a way to keep us out of it. I don't particullary like fighting."

"Notices for assassins are constantly scent to the silver fox lord, how will you respond?"

"In that matter I would have to know the demons. Some could make their living from doing jobs like that. If not, then I'd prefer to eradicate the whole idea."

"I like your answers. You shall be lord but know this, I will be keeping a close watch until I'm completely sure about your ruling."

"I see."

Shippou burst into the dojo and ran to Kagome. He was in a paniced state and pulling on her kimono. Worried, she followed with out even so much as a goodbye. She followed him into the courtyard. Rin was collapsed on the ground. Kagome ran over, immediatly checking a pulse. Her aura was eratic and flaring wildly.

~*~*~*~*~

Well I kinda liked this chap. R & R !!!