InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Fox ❯ Truth ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Don't own it

~*~*~*~*~

Rin was in bed now, a few healers, Kagome, Shippou, and Sesshoumaru all looking over her. She was tossing and turning and not even Kagome could keep her calm. What ever was going on, had to relate some how with her dreams.

"I have an idea." Kagome announced.

Every one paused to look at her.

"We should release the aura, and what ever is connected to it."

"And how do you propose we do that?" Sesshoumaru growled, pinning Rin's shoulders to the bed to keep her still.

"I will have to go mind to mind with her."

"So, you expect me to let you go into Rin's mind?"

"Hai."

"No."

"It's the only way to do it safely. If we don't do it now she'll be in more pain." Kagome reasoned.

"Fine." He growled. "Explain your process."

"I will go into a coma like state and connect minds with her. That's as far as I'll be able to tell you until I'm done."

"If you hurt her, you will die."

"Agreed."

Kagome sat on the bed next to Rin. She leaned back against the head board and fell into her own mind. Quickly she opened a link to Rin and used that to enter her mind.

~*~*~*~*~Rin's Mind~*~*~*~*~

Rin was pinned by her throat to a tree. A group of demons surrounded her, whispering that it would be soon. Kagome ran to her, cutting through the putrid demons. Blood spattered her clothes, face, and her hands were completely covered. The demon that held Rin turned and hissed. Kagome charged and cut the demon in half. The clawed hand dropped Rin. She slid to the base of the tree trunk.

Tears ran down her face and clouded her eyes. She sobbed quietly, buring her face in her arms. Kagome scooped her up. She held the small child close and rubbed her back. Rin was quivering. Kagome was at a loss at what to do. She carried the child away from the awful gore. She sat in the middle of a patch of flowers hoping the pink, yellow, and white petals would help sooth.

Rin's shaking stopped and she looked up at Kagome. Her eyes were puffy and red, tears still stained her face.

"You're okay now Rin. Everything is going to be fine."

"Rin was so scarred, Kagome!" Tears started flowing again.

Kagome quieted the child's crying.

"Rin, when you wake you are going to be different."

"What do you mean?"

"Rin you aren't human, you never were."

"Lord Sesshoumaru won't get rid of Rin will he?" Panic filled the words.

"No, he won't."

They sat quietly for a time. The soft breeze passing by and playing with their hair. It was calm and peacful with the sun shining down on them. It was so perfect.

"You will have to choose your form Rin."

"What?"

"What kind of demon do you want to be?"

"Rin wants to fly."

"A phoenix then?"

"Yes. Rin want's to be a phoenix the color of Lord Sesshoumaru's hair!"

Just then a silver phoenix flew down and landed before Rin.

"Go to it Rin."

Rin stood on shaky legs and stubled toward the bird. The bird watched with careful eye and cocked its head. Rin reached out a small hand. The phoenix slowly leaned toward the girl than stopped. Then the bird spoke.

"Are you worthy of the power of my race? Could you endure being alone if that would be the case?"

"Rin doesn't know what the pretty bird means Kagome."

"Phoenix, she is just a child. Ask in a way a child would be able to answer."

The phoenix looked at Kagome then nodded.

"You know not what to be truly alone is or to be worthy since you are still but a child. In that, I shall give you a feather. When you are able to answer either of my questions just call to me. " The phoenix plucked a feather from its wing. "With this feather you will not die or grow old. Take care of it."

The phoenix faded away. Kagome was thrown from Rin's mind.