InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Fox ❯ Just a fox ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: don't own it.

~~*~~*~~*~~

Kagome woke in a separate room. Rin was leaning over her with a smile on her face. Kagome sat up slowly and gasped when she felt her headache. She lay back down and covered her eyes with her arm.

"Kagome-chan are you okay?"

"My head hurts Rin."

"That's to be expected after getting thrown out of some ones mind." Sesshoumaru's voice echoed quietly.'

"Thank you captain obvious." She hissed.

"Look Kagome-chan! Rin still has the pretty feather." Rin chirped.

Indeed she did. A beautiful silver feather. I though he meant figuratively. Kagome thought.

Once again she tried to sit up. Ever so slowly she moved backto put most of her weight against the wall. She now noted another presence in the room. Sai. He stood close to the door and leaned on the wall, his tail flipping behind him.

"Are you okay Lady Kagome?" Sai asked curiously.

"Yes, I am fine."

He approached the bedand handed her some herbs. "Let these soak in your tea, they will help with you headache."

"Thank you." She slipped the stems into her tea that she hadn't noticed was there. Sesshoumaru walked out and beckoned Rin to follow. "How long was I out?" "Only a few hours." "That's good." "Your kit is worried about you." He said looking out the window. "Where is he?" She sat upright. "Calm down, he is fine. With you guard at present. Ryu I believe was his name." Kagome settled back down against the wall. Sai sat on the edge of the bed, his tail lay innocently over her wrist. She looked down at his tail then met his eyes again.


"Lady Kagome, it was just a thought but, why don't you live in the silver fox village with me."

"I will come check up on you periodically." She turned to the window to escape his intense gaze. "No I mean with me." He turned her back to him. "Kagome, I...I wish to court you." He said bluntly. Kagome was a little taken aback. He actually asked her. "I...I..." He put a finger to her lips. " You don't have to answer now, I will wait for you." She stared at him as he left.


For the first time, some one who was open with her and didn't just claim her. Some one who was willing to wait. Some one who would be patient with her and wait. Some one for Shippou to look up to. She quickly put a hand to her mouth as if she said it out loud. But it is true. He would care for Shippou. And he's a fox. He's just a fox.




Well it took me a long time. the reviewers wanted Sai and they got Sai. But don't think some one won't show up to ruin it. sorry its short. I have to go though this whole convert file thing with all my stories and it takes a long time so now that I'm using a different computer i should post faster. (should :P)