InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Inu-Youkai ❯ Festival Preparations ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi guyz… well hope you enjoy this chappy and you might wanna read the note at the bottom… thnx…

Silver Inu-Youkai

Chapter 6 - Festival Preparations

***********************************************************

Kagome walked up to her chambers, to find Souta and Shippou sleeping. WindScar sat near the window waiting for its master.

Kagome kissed both Shippou and Souta on the forehead and moved to sit beside WindScar. WindScar moved into her lap and began to purr as Kagome stroked its back.

"I'm getting too soft. What if I don't make it out of the battle? What if I don't keep the word I gave to myself." Kagome said her thought out loud.

She got a growl from WindScar, and then he licked her in a comforting manner. She smiled at him then gave him a kiss on the nose.

"I'm going to get changed." Sigh. "I also have to go to the meeting tomorrow morning concerning the festival duties," she said as she got up and placed WindScar on her bed.

Taking out a nightgown, she slipped into her private bath and changed after relaxing for a while in the hot water. She got into her bed with Souta on her left, WindScar near the corner and Shippou to her right.

***Morning*** (do not bug me if I use Kilala or Kirara… same demon… lol)

Kagome got up to find WindScar coddled with Kilala on the couch in her room.

(START ROOM DISCRIPTION)

When you enter through the hall way door in her room, there would be a king-size bed opposite to the door. Two night stands -one on either side of the bed, far right to the door a coffee table stood in the middle with baige colored couches around it.

Upper left corner from the door, was her balcony and few feet before it, the door to her private bath. On the same wall as the door, she had a bookcase and to the left of her bed was her walk in closet. And all this was brought out with a cream colour carper.

(END ROOM DISCRIPTION)

She got up and tucked the boys back in, since there was still time, before everyone else would be up. She freshened up and then changing into one of her male outfits, she put on her armor, her swords, put straps on her wrist and put two daggers in either one.

She made her way towards the kitchen instead of the dinning hall to eat her breakfast.

"Kagome-sama?" a servant asked/said bowing.

"Hi guys. You guys mind fixing me something fast? I'm leaving soon." Kagome said. Since her father had abandoned her, the servants were always there to cheer her up.

"Hai" and with that the kitchen staff moved around the kitchen to fix her some rice balls, meet and other stuff.

Kagome made her way towards the table that was made for the servants, and to her surprise she found Inuyasha sitting there eating like a pig.

"What are you doing here?" Inuyasha asked.

"I should be asking you the same thing." Kagome said and sat opposite to him.

She was waiting when Sesshomaru came in the kitchen followed by a man she hadn't seen before. He looked at Kagome with a little nod and his eyes softened just a bit. Then back at Inuyasha.

"Miroku what are you doing here?" Inuyasha asked.

"Well everything is A ok in the Western Lands and Jaken is left in charge. So I came here on your fathers wish." Miroku said.

Inuyasha nodded and started eating again. Sesshomaru and Miroku chose to have their breakfast in the kitchen as well. Even though this was a servant's quarter, it didn't resemble much to it. Since the kitchen was part of the castle too, it was decorated, large and kept clean. The table and chairs and everything was made of fine wood and carved into cleverly.

Kagome's food had just arrived when Kurama came in looking horrified.

"Where were you this morning? I searched the entire room and the castle to you in the kitchen?" he asked out of breath, choosing to sit beside her.

"Did you wake up the pups?" Kagome asked. Miroku knew she was a female but wasn't sure due to the clothing.

"Well no. But WindScar looked out to kill me." Kurama said and ordered something for him self.

"I guess you demons aren't allowed to pig out in the dinning hall." Kagome said eating her food. She had a little amusement dancing in her eyes, that was only visible to those who have seen how she normally is. Right now she was a little calmed.

"Just wait a minute there." Inuyasha said pointing a finger at her.

"Yea. We are so not pigging out. And why are you all dressed up? -Besides the fact that you have guest-."

"I'm leaving t-." Kagome never got to finish her sentence before Kurama went crazy on her and started bombarding her with questions. Not even waiting to receive an answer.

"You can't, what happened to Shippou? And your mother needing help? And what about the surprise I have for you? And what about answering Prince Sesshomaru and-." Someone pinching his ear had finally shut him up.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" he finally pried the abusing hand off and rubbed his cherry red ear.

"What was that for?" Kurama growled.

Before coming to her room last night, Kagome had told Kurama what had taken place in the library.

" I'm leaving to pick someone up And will be back before the meeting." Kagome said. She got up and walked towards the door, but before leaving she turned around and said.

"Thanks guys (kitchen staff) and don't let them pig out too much. You still have a demon army to feed." And with that she was out the door in a jippie.

*** Kagome's POV ***

`Hope she'll come with me. Kami-sama why did everyone had to be busy? How am I going to bring her back? I sure as hell can't carry her; it would be too risky. I have to stay super alert.' I was running towards a human village, which was said to be protected by two Miko's.

I knew the way by heart; after all I practically have lived half of my life there. I know Kaede-baba will come but I don't know what to think of Kikyo nee-chan. She had become an older sister to me. Helping me out through rough times and all. Even if she is a Miko, she knows when she sees an evil demon or a pure hearted or a regular demon.

I ran as fast as I could towards the village knowing I had to be back well before the meeting, to see my surprise.

*** Later Later ***

"What's the dark cloud?" Lady Mizuno asked.

Since the weather was really good, mostly everyone was outside wandering around the gardens.

"That is no normal cloud my lady. Something powerful yet pure and evil this way comes." Miroku said and stood guard with his staff in front of Lady Mizuno. Practically everyone was too curious too move, they wanted to see what it was. So they stood there ready to run or fight.

Thunder flashed in the clouds but no rain came. Suddenly a black spot could be seen moving towards them.

"Momma." Shippou said.

There in the sky, flew a black three-headed dog and on it sat Kagome and an old woman.

`Kami-sama why did I have to make an entrance? Well I couldn't find anyone else either. All to busy doing *ahem*.' Kagome thought as she remembered how she had rudely entered the den of one of her friends without permission. Since it was spring and they had woken up from hibernation or the fact that it was the mating season.

"Is she with a Miko?!" Lord Inutaisho said more then asked.

They saw as the dog landed in front of the gates. Kagome took Kaede's hand and flew down on her cloud. After safely touching the ground, the large three-headed dog transformed into a smaller dog but still came up to Kagome's waist. It nuzzled her and she stroked it saying.

"Arigato Rajayne. Until next time." The dog gave her one last lick on the hand and was gone in a flash.

The sky started to clear up until it was finally its sunny self again. Kagome and the Miko entered the gates and made their way towards the front gate.

"What is a Miko doing here?" a lower lord asked.

"She is my guest and you will address her as Kaede-baba. Also you have no need to fear for your lives. She is merely here to help me." Kagome said and together -after Kaede did a little bow towards Lord Higurashi and Lady Makoto- with Kaede, she walked her into a guest room and a had a servant bring her a new wardrobe.

"Kaede-baba, sorry for the rude comment and I would be gone for a while. Though for your company, my pup and my little brother will be here." Kagome said.

"Arigato child. And ye not need worry about me." Kaede said.

Kagome nodded and bowed before she left. Kaede was the one who had helped Kagome in learning how to sense magic and how to create barriers and that sort of stuff with her demonic powers. Kaede's friend Genki has helped Kagome master her fighting skills and learn to use all kinds of weapons.

Kagome had brought Kaede because she knew the spirit who had possessed Lord Higurashi was there as well. And the person who is responsible for this. She just needed for Kaede to sense it and assure Kagome that she was right.

If possible, Kaede would help in driving the spirit away. Also Kaede would take care of Shippou, since Kagome will be too busy in helping with the festival preparations and trying to find the culprit.

Kagome walked out after Introducing Shippou and Souta to Kaede. Demons were getting ready for the meeting to begin though there was still quite some time.

She saw Inuyasha bickering with Sesshomaru about who's going to do what. Kurama had just looked at her and was in front of her in a second, causing her to take a step back and growl out of instincts. This surely gained Sesshomaru's attention.

"Finally you're here. First tell me why you brought the Miko, and second get Shippou and Souta. I have to show you the surprise." Kurama said with a smile on his face.

Kagome poked him in the chest with her finger -much to Sesshomaru's discomfort- and pushed him back.

"You're invading my personal bubble." Kagome said with amusement in her eyes thought her face looked it's usual self.

"You don't have a personal bubble." Kurama said as he put a hand on her shoulder -careful of the armor-.

"Now I do." Kagome said putting up a shield around her.

Kurama quickly pulled his hand away, as he got a tingly feeling in his hand.

Kagome just smirked though would've loved to laugh at his pouty face.

"Shippou and Souta are with Kaede-baba." Kagome said.

He nodded and crossed his arms over his chest saying "You have to apologize or you don't get to see the surprise."

"I am not doing that ridiculous apology hand shake of yours." Kagome said.

"I guess no surprise." Kurama said tauntingly.

Kagome growled and put her hand forward. He eagerly took it and started dragging her.

"If I hadn't known you since we were both pups, then I would've had your head." Kagome said taking her hand back, and walking beside him into the forest.

Sesshoumaru saw the whole thing and tried to restrain the growl that threatened to erupt from his very soul.

*** Later ***

"Alright is everyone here?" lady Makoto asked.

"We are missing Lord Youko and Princess Kagome." Lady Kagura said.

"Where could they b-" Lady Mizuno was cut off by the sound of beautiful laughter echoing throughout the gardens -where they sat-.

Curiosity got the better of them and they made their way towards the source of the peaceful laughter. What they discovered was too good to be real. Basically everyone was in a hypnotized shock. -At least for the people who knew Kagome-.

Kagome and Kurama sat back to back on the grass laughing their heads off. Though Kurama was sneaking sideway glances at Kagome.

Finally when she quieted down. "Where the hell did you learn it?" Kagome asked trying to control her laughter once again.

"A village I came across." Kurama said smiling.

"So how is your search going for finding a mate?" Kagome asked out of the blue.

Unknown to them all the females practically ran towards him. But stayed to see what he would say.

"Not so good." Kurama said with sadness evident in his voice.

"Didn't I hook you up with Rin. From the western village?"

"Ya. But I don't know if she loves me or not. Though I love her for sure and she's perfect."

"Well just tell her you love her and wait to see what happens. Yo! Is it just me or are we forgetting something important?"

"I think so, but as I always say. "If you don't remember it, than it's not important." Kurama said making Kagome go in a fit of giggles.

* GROWL * They both turned to see everyone starring at them angrily.

"Oh fuck!!! The meeting." Kurama said frozen on the spot with embarrassment.

"Watch your language Kitsune." Kagome said with her mask slipping on again.

They both got up and made their way towards the angry mob of demons.

"Our apologies for being late." Kagome said with a little bow and was followed suite by Kurama. They made their way back towards the area where they were to set up for the festival.

` My pup. I wish she could be like this all the time. Lord Youko has made her so happy. I haven't heard her laugh in centuries. And she is such a sigh when wearing a dress.' Lady Makoto though.

`Kami-sama fill her life with happiness and may the hatred between her and her father end soon.' She sighed.

Lady Mizuno and Lady Makoto started talking about the festival and groups and all.

Servants who had seen her laugh were to the point of crying with joy. Most were lower class demons and other were humans.

**********************************************************

Hi guys… sorry I sort of typed chapter 7 before 6 and was about to update it… when I found chapter 6 in my binder… well sorry for the late update. Just nearing the exams again for semester 2.

Also I was getting in a lot of shit for skipping… so I have warnings now… 1 more late and I'm suspended, 1 more absent and I'm suspended… so you see… I'm trying to type them up as fast as I can. Also I started my new job at McDonalds and I'm practically called to work everyday… well atleast 4 days including the weekend.…. So sry about all this…

Well I have half of the next chapter typed… just going to finish typing it right now… but I'm going to update it after getting some reviews on this chappy… already then… thnx ya'll…

And I would like to thank all my reviewers… I always get more on fanfiction… and barely on MediaMiner.