InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sk8tr Boi ❯ Notes ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sk8ter Boy
Chapter 1: Notes
"Inuyasha!" When I heard my name I turned around to see who had spoken. It was only Kikyo, a pretty girl my age. She was surrounded by a group of giggling girls. I graced her with one of my rare smiles.
Kikyo was a pretty girl with long, shiny, black hair that hung straight down her back to whisper across her hips. She always wore makeup, but what girl didn't. The light blue eye shadow that she chose to use brought out the misty grey of her eyes. Her cheeks were a warm pink compared to her naturally pale porcelain skin. Not only that but she was popular, and kind.
As I turned to go I distinctly heard one of the girls with Kikyo ask her in a very loud whisper, "Why do you bother talking to him. He's such a ... a..." When she couldn't think of an appropriate word to describe me she simply said, "You?re so much better than him!"
"Yeah!" Piped up another annoyingly perky girl voice, "I can't believe you actually said hi to him." I left, not wanting to hear the rest of the conversation. I knew the direction it was heading in.
Kikyo was the only one in the entire school to actually talk to me civilly, and anyone else who spoke to me usually got their head pounded in. You couldn't blame me; really, some of the things they said to my face were worse then the things that I knew they said behind my back. I knew what they said because I could hear them. That was my curse, my acute hearing. It came with the ears, I guess. You see I'm a half dog demon. That would of course mean that no one wants to hang around with me...not demons and not humans.
I pretty much grew up alone, except for my older brother, who was gone the moment he turned 16. He was a full demon, and my presence was like soiling his perfect reputation, I don't mind though. He's a jerk anyway. Who needs brothers?
After that I lived by myself, I was nine years old, an orphan half-demon, and my only family had abandoned me. I kept up on my education, a promise I had made my mother when she was dying, but the only school that would accept me was this one. To put it gently, I was pissed. I was judged on account of two things, my mixed heritage, and the fact that I was dirt poor. Kikyo was the only one that saw passed my hand-me-down clothes and lack of money.
I liked that about her...okay I liked her. I also had a feeling that she had feelings for me as well. I never pursued her for a couple reasons; it wasn't because I lacked the self-esteem. Quite the contrary, I was young, handsome, and I knew it. I just didn't want her to get picked on, and judged by being associated with the likes of me. Not to mention the fact that she was a Miko, yeah, that definitely put a damper on out would-be relationship.
Miko's aren't allowed to ever join with demons, not that a demon would ever agree to let one be their mate. Being a half-demon made the difference that much more pronounced. I still thanked her silently everyday for her kind attitude towards me.
I brushed my long silver hair out of my eyes and headed to my next class. I picked my desk at the back of the class, away from any unwanted attention. Soon after the bell rang the class started to fill with students. Kikyo walked in and smiled at me again, she seemed to be going out of her way to smile at me today. Her friends soon grabbed her attention and drew her away to sit by the window.
No one sat in the desks that surrounded me, but then again, I didn't expect anyone to. A boy sat in the desk in front of the one in front of me, and was talking excitedly with the boy sitting next to him. I caught a few words that they were saying, scratch that I caught almost every word thanks to my dog ears, "Yeah, isn't she real cute?"
The boy sitting next to him took the magazine that was held out to him and I caught a glimpse of the front cover. From what I could see, there was a young girl there smiling brightly. I only saw long curly black hair and creamy skin before she was blocked from my view, "No." Said the boy now looking at the picture, "That?s an understatement, she's hot. She'd give Kikyo a run for her money." I instantly saw red. No one could be better than Kikyo, no one. Especially some spoilt new rock star/movie star...or whatever she was.
"I agree." The first boy said looking at the girl on the cover again. I decided to ignore them and started to stare off into space, not really paying attention to the teacher or the rest of the class.
The bell rang and I slipped out of class unnoticed. I quickly moved to my locker and pulled it open. A piece of paper was taped to the shelf in on the top of the locker. It was addressed to me...of course, since no one was willing to share a locker with me. I picked up the piece of paper and slipped it into my pocket. I'd have to read it later. I picked up my skateboard and headed towards the front of the building. No one bothered me on my way out; they all were too engrossed in their conversations to even notice that I had passed them. The parking lot was busy and the lawn was overflowing with students trying to get to there cars, busses, or bikes. No one was willing to stay in that place longer than was absolutely necessary. I was no exception.
As I made my way home I passed a music store, in the front window was a large poster of the same girl that the boys had been talking about. I stopped and studied her. As I had seen before she had long curly black hair, it reached the middle of her back. Chocolate brown eyes smiled at me through the window. It seemed like a genuine smile, but who am I to judge what's authentic or not, especially when she was a professional actress/rock star. I had to admit, she was cute. But what about her personality? That's what it all came down to. Most, no all, stars were fakes. It was as simple as that.
I then started to board home; after I was in my room I remembered the note in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at it with suspicion. Who could have written me a note? There was no doubt in my mind that it was a trap, a rude message intended to enrage me. I wouldn't buy it, but I would see what was inside, and who had written it.
My name was written in a flirty, loopy penmanship. Obviously it was from a girl. That only served to confuse me. I slowly pulled it open,
Inuyasha,
Meet me at Josie's Music shop at 4:00 after school
I have something I need to talk to you about.
Kikyo
I reread the message in disbelief before checking my watch. Damn! It was five after 4! I threw the note down and ran out the door, pausing long enough to grab my skateboard. As I raced to the store, I couldn't help but wonder what she would want to talk to me about.
I was afraid I had come too late for I couldn't find her anywhere. I sat down on one of the chairs that lined the walls and decided to just feel bad for myself.
I felt a tentative hand on my shoulder and looked up. It was Kikyo. "Sorry I'm late." She said with a small smile, "My friends wouldn't let me go."
I smiled back at her, "That's okay. I just got here myself." I told her.
"Do you want to go somewhere to talk?" She asked, I nodded and followed her to the door. I had no idea what was in store for me if I followed her. But my body seemed to have a mind of its own.