InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sk8tr Boi ❯ Breakup...wait we aren't going out! ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well, I think it's pretty safe to update again...thank you everyone for reading this, and a special thank you for my only reviewer...you are my insperation. The more reviews (and the more positive they are) the more I feel like writing...just keep that in mind...now on with the story!
Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha or the song Sk8tr boi
**************
Sk8tr Boi
Chapter 2: Breakup...wait! we aren't going out!
I was now seated next to Kikyo on a bench in a secluded part of the park next to our school.
Kikyo had remained silent for a while, looking at her hands.
"What is it you wanted to talk to me about?" I asked when I finally grew tired of the thick silence.
"Inu Yasha, how do you feel about me?" She asked, still now looking at me.
That couldn't be a good sign. I shifted my weight. Was it safe to tell her my feelings? Probably not. Did I dare. Of corse! I'm no cowerd. "I won't lie to you, Kikyo. I do like you."
I finally got her to look at me. I wished I hadn't. Her eyes were cold, I'd never seen that kind of expression on her face before. Her full lips were drawn up in a firm line, a hard edge that made my blood run cold. Definitely not good.
"Inu Yasha, you must know that nothing could ever happen between us." I did know.
I stood up, throwing caution to the wind, and faced her fefiently, "ANd why not?!"
She came me a peircing stare, but I stood firm. "Because your a demon. No your worse than a demon. Your a halfbreed, Inu Yasha. A half-breed with no money, and no family! I could never harbor feelings for someone like you!"
I could tell she was lying, but I said nothing. It hurt, I don't denigh that it did. I felt as if my best friend had just stapped me with my own sword.
I didn't react at all, my emotionless mask had slipped up to cover my pain. "I thought you were better than that, Kikyo. I thought you were different." I told her.
She stood up angrilly and sneered, "Who are you to judge me?!" She snapped. She started off without a backward glance.
I promised myself then and there I'd never fall in love again...and I'd definately never express my feelings to someone who could never return them. Which pretty much ruled out evreyone.
I watched her go sadly, "You might as well show yourself." I snapped to appearently no one.
Out of the bushes that had served to conseal her from Kikyo, stepped one of the girls I so often saw Kikyo with. "You knew it would end like this didn't you?" I didn't say anything, her tone was sympathetic, but I didn't trust her. Chances were she was theone who had been the most against me and Kikyo. "Heh. Serves you right." I ignored her and started walking off. She followed. "I don't understand why she was always to nice to you... you diffinitely didn't deserve it."
I rounded on the girl angrily, "How dare you or anyone else assume your better than me?! You and your kind are the ones who pick on the weak, the less fortunete. People like you have ruined so many innocent peoples lives, because you simply didn't like them, or they weren't good enough. You would never understand the meaning of a word like deserve, because you have never deserved anything in your life." The girl stepped away from me. I could smell the fear radiating off her small frame. Good, she did realize I could rip her to peices with no trouble on my part.
I spun away from her and stalked off, leaving the girl to contemplate my words. 'She's a miko. One of the purest being on the face of this Earth. You are one of the dirtiest. A halfbreed.' A nasty little voice in the back of his mind whispered, Your not worthy to kiss the ground she walks upon.
I had to make a contious effort not to listen to myself.'What made you think someone like you could ever hold the attention of someone like her?'
I snapped, "She wasn't who I thought she was. She didn't deserve my affections."
I recieved a coldlaugh in return, 'She wasn't worthy of you? Inu Yasha, don't try to fool yourself. You aren't worthy of her! You never have been and you never will be!'
With that painful thought planted firmly in my mind, I opened the door to my...what should I call it...hut.
All I had in my small two rooom apartment was a bed, two chairs, a fridge, and a radio that didn't work half the time. I didn't even own a telebision, couldn't afford one.
Tomorrow was going to bo an extra long day...