InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sk8tr Boi ❯ Party! Part 1 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Oh my goodness, I'm like soooooooooo sooooooooooo sooooooooo sorry. I haven't been able to update any of my stories for the longest time. Actually I shouldn't even be updating this one at the moment since I still have unfinished homework, but I had to update one of my stories...let you all know that I haven't forgotten all of you. Please forgive me (begging, but being ignored by everyone since they all skipped the an to start the stroy)
O...and I also don't own the song that Inu Yasha sings in this chapter...enjoy!
Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha or Sk8tr Boi
Sk8tr Boi
Chapter 6 Party! Part 1
 
The party was set for the day after the concert, and school was already half over. I was to get out for work early, so that I could help Joe set up.
School had been a pain. Somehow the whole student body had discovered my lucky ticket, probably Kikyo's doing. Most were sure I had cheated in some way, yeah, very likely. The stupidity of my classmates never ceased to amaze me.
As soon as the lunch bell rang, I was out of there, on my way to Joe's. It felt so good to run! The windi n my hair, the ground rushing passed my feet at an amazing speed. For the most part, it gave me the impression I was flying. I reveled in the free, wild feeling it awoke in me.
I usually road my board around, making it rare when I was able to use my full hanyou abilities. Needless to say, it felt good!.
Too soon my short run was over and I came to a stop in from of my work place. A few cars stood around the yard like skeletons in a long forgotten battlefield, waiting around for a tune up or wash.
Joe motioned me over and we pulled the makeshift stage into it's designated spot, st up the tables and spread out the snacks. Next I set up the sound system and the Kareoke machine, for those daring souls who felt like sharing their fabulous voices with the rest of us.
After that was done we ate a quick be-lated lunch, and set to work on our separate tasks. Joe went to work on the cars currently in the parkinglot, I sat down to tune Joe's old guitar. It wasn't exactly ancient, but it wasn't new either.
I had brought two songs I had written, planning on performing them. I'd also be singing other more popular songs, and possibly, requests.
I could faintly hear the school bell ring in the distance. School was over, it was time to party!
Slowly people started to trickle in, if this was any indication of what the crowd would look like later, then I would have a very large audience. I felt my stomache do a flip, then my heart plumitted down to meet it. I was in no condition to sing just yet.
I just played the music to a songs I had taken a liking to during my lifetime. Not one person noticed me, and not one person approached the stage. Joe caught my eye and nodded at me. I sighed in defeat and stood up. I quickly took my place on the stage, behind the mike. I readjusted it so that it was pointed to my instramant and started to play. I had another mike, a more personal one that was hooked over my ear and reached just next to my mouth.
I started to play again, still not singing. Now that the music was louder, more people started to notice it.
A few people even spotted me up on the stage, and pointed me out to their friends. None of these people had actually expected me to be capable of playing. They would be in for another surprise soon, I'd make sure to do my best, show them all who they've been messing with.
I felt myself smirk in satisfaction and suddenly couldn't wait to start singing.
I finished playing the music to that song and started a new song I had heard on the radeo a while agao. I'd looked up the sheet music to it and memoriesed it, though I never thought I'd actually be able to play it.
I turned on my other mic and started to sing. It felt so good to be able to just release myself in my music. I hadn't sung since my mother died. I hadn't quite realised home much I had missed that particular freedom over the years.
I didn't care that people were staring, the music swept through my body, leaving me with a detatched sence of unreality.
After I had played a few popular songs I desided to test one of my own creations on the crowd. "This next song is entitled Heartbreaker." I announced to the crowd who were no longer staring at me like a bunch of sheep, but had started to dance.
I got a few looks at the unfamilar name, but the majority ignored it as the catchy tune started. I looked out over the crowd, searching for someone. I found her, standing in the midst of her usual group of girls. I caught her eye and smirked at her. She was watching and frowned at me, obviously not liking what
I was doing.
 
I heard your doin' okay
But I want you to know
I'm addic-
I'm addicted to you
 
I can't pretend I don't care
When you dont think about me
Do you think I deserve this?
I try to make you happy
But you left anyway
 
Kikyo was standing in the center of a crowd of giggly girls. They annoid her to no end, but she needed them. They were what made her popular, and she new it. Besides, she liked the power that being the richest and prettiest girl in the school gave her.
Their endless prattle was again waring on her already frayed nerves. All they ever talked about was boys. Boys and clothes. The topic for today, Inu Yasha. They coudln't stop talking about his amazing voice or the fact that he played the guitar better then the guitarist in the local band Red Mouth.
"This next song is entitled Heartbreaker." Inu Yasha's voice came over the crowd, drawing her attention towards the stage. She'd never heard the name before, and wanted to know what it was, though she would never tell anyone else that.
When she looked up her eyes were met with a pair of bright golden orbs, they stared at one another for a moment before he smirked at her. Her eyes narrowed into a frown when he stared to sing. She didn't like the sound of this.
 
I'm trying' to forget
But I'm addicted to you
But I wanted
And I needed
I'm addicted to you
Now it's over
Can't forget what you said
And I never
Want to do this again
Heartbreaker
Heartbreaker
Heartbreaker
 
She was right, she hadn't heard this song before.
"You know what I think?" One of her friends said suddenly. Kikyo turned a cold stare on her friend. The girl seemed not to notice and continued, "I think he wrote this song!"
"I agree." Said another of the girls.
"His voice is the most amazing thing I have ever heard!"
"I know! It's, like, so dreamy!" Said a third girl.
Kikyo refrained from rolling her eyes at them, they had been the ones who had encourage her to discourage his liking for her, and now they were acting like he was the next big star? Anoid, she reminded them all coldly, "That still doesn't change anything. He's still a halfbreed, and he's still dirt poor."
They all shared a look then turned to stare at her, "Your so shallow sometimes Kikyo." One of them acused, all the others agreed.
This time Kikyo did roll her eyes.
 
Since the day I met you
And after all we've been through
Still addic-
I'm addicted to you
I think you know that it's true
 
I'd run a thousand miles to get you
Do you think I deserve this
I tried to make you happy
I did all that I could
Just to treat you good in every way
 
I watched her expressions carefully, and was not dissapointed. She did know what I was talking about. She had inspired this song, and she knew it.
Then one of her friends drew her attention. My ears picked up the sound of my name, I strained harder to listen.
"His voice is the most amazing thing I have ever heard!" One of the girls spoke, she was much shorter than Kikyo, and rather thin.
"I know. It's, like, so dreamy!" Spoke up another.
Kikyo looked exasperated, "That still doesn't change anything." She said hottly, "He's still a halfbreed, and he's still dirt poor."
I couldn't believe it, I tuned out then, concentrating on my music, and not on the girls.
 
I'm tryin' to forget
But I'm addicted to you
But I wanted
And I needed
I'm addicted to you
Now it's over
Can't forget what you said
And I never
want to do this again
Heartbreaker
Heartbreaker
Heartbreaker
 
Kagome, Sango, and Miroku stepped out of Kagome's care and looked around. The party was already well underway, and looked to be fun. The sound of a guitar was wafting over the crowd, and Kagome heard a familar voice singing to the music, but she coudln't hear it very well.
She was wearing a pair of dark sunglasses to discise herself, Sango had insisted, and her hair was pulled up in a high ponytail. Her bangs were occationally swept from her face by a stray breaze. She had on little makeup, and she liked it that way. She wore a sleevless white shirt, and a short black skirt. A pair of black highheel sandles graced her delicate feet.
Sango and her wandered into the crowd, ignoring Miroku, who went off in search of a new target. Then the music stopped for a moment and she heard the familar voice speaking to the crowd , "This next song is entitled Heartbreaker." He said, then started to strum on his guitar.
His voice and the painfilled words struck a cord inside her and she was drawn helplessly toward's the stage where the singer stood.
 
How long will I be waiting
Till the end of time
I don't know why I'm still waiting
I can't make you mine
 
I'm trying to forget
But I'm addicted to you
But I wanted
And I needed
I'm addicted to you
She was now standing right before the stage, staring up at the owner of the amazing voice. "Inu Yasha." She whispered to herself. His ears twitched in her direction and his head turned.
He met her eyes with a pair of pained azzure orbs. He stared at her for a moment before he recognised her. That alone was very confusing, after all, they had only met once and she was wearing a pair of sunglasses that usually guarded her. He smiled cockily at her.
She wanted desprately to look away, but he just wouldn't relenquish his hold on her.
 
I'm trying to foget
But I'm addicted to you
But I wanted
And I needed
I"m addicted to you
Now it's over
Can't forget what you said
And I never
Want to do this again
Heartbreaker
Heartbreaker
Heartbreaker
 
I heard my name, it was barely a whisper, but it was close. My head turned as I servayed the crowd, trying to find the origin of the voice.
I found her. It wasn't very difficult, after all, she was standing in front of me, away from the crowd. Staring up at me like I was some sort of god. Who was she that she knew me? She was wearing a pair of shaded glasses that hid a portion of her face from me. The most important portion, her eyes. That made it more difficult for me to recognise her.
After I studdied her for a moment, recognision dawned. Kagome. But what was she doing here? I though she had left after the concert.
I smiled at her knowingly, and saw her look uncomfortable. She knew that I knew her.
 
I'm addicted to you
Heartbreaker
I'm addicted to you
Heartbreaker
I'm addicted to you
Heartbreaker
I'm addicted to you
Heartbreaker
 
I stopped singing for the moment and set the guitar down, put a cd in the Kareoke machine and pressed play. I'd be back later to finish my job. But right now, there was a girl here that I needed to have a little chat with.