InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sleeping Beauty Inuyasha ❯ Introduction ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Once upon a time in feudal era Japan there lived a noble and just demonic king and a beautiful queen. In their reign the land prospered, but all was not well within the royal family., for the demonic queen was not the kind and gentle wife that His Majesty desired. Although this woman bore his child, he longed for someone whom he could love, and soon after the birth of their son, the king found this person. His soul mate.

She was a young maiden from a neighboring village. Knowing nothing of his stature (or wife and child) she soon found herself to be pregnant. There was nothing for the king to do, but confess to his wife. The thought of leaving the human woman seemed a fate worse than death.

Even at the best of times, the queen was not someone to be taken lightly. If you add a newborn son and weeks of not sleeping, you've got yourself a real bitch (and I mean this both literally and figuratively).

Despite the kings best efforts to grovel and beg forgiveness, she would not be calmed. She was infuriated. And when powerful beings such as she are blinded by rage and hatred, terrible things follow.

Muttering under her breath she said, "Upon your youngest child I place a curse which…" After that her words became less comprehensible, but it sounded to the king to be something along the lines of either "…will place him under a deep sleep until broken by the one he is destined to be with" or "…will cause him to become an alcoholic and strip while drinking tequila "

Each of these threats sounded very disturbing and the king was left in a confused state. He continued to ponder the curse long after the door- being slammed repeatedly and refusing to close- was dragged away by his wife.

The king decided that it was most likely the first option rather than the second, but just to be safe he got rid of all the tequila in the kingdom. No son of his would be an alcoholic.

So it was that the second son of the demon king was born a bastard. Unfortunately for everyone, both the king and his mistress where killed early in the boy's life in a freak accident concerning a nail filler and several throwing knives. Although it was not spoke of, the people of the kingdom knew that the previous queen had only two loves; her knives and her claws. Knowing this, no one was willing to raise the king's half breed son and he was shunned away from the kingdom by the terrified fools.

The elder brother, however was now king and receiving such responsibility so early in his childhood caused serious psychological issues which became sadly apparent latter in his life.

And so the tale begins.