InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sleeping Beauty Inuyasha ❯ Kikyo. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The youngest son of a now dead king went by the name Inuyasha. He was truly stunning in appearance. With golden eyes and white hair, but he was not happy. After being deserted by everyone whom he had once known and living out his entire childhood in solitude, he had become a sullen adolescent. Saddened by the fact that he could not be accepted by either the demons or humans, Inuyasha was deeply troubled, that is until he met Kikyo. Another tortured soul.

How Inuyasha and Kiyo met could almost be considered love at first sight. Kikyo, with her ebony hair, was a priestess and a powerful one at that. Now since it was the job of a priestess to destroy any dangerous demons, there where several conflicts to them ever being together.

When Kikyo fist saw Inuyasha she could have easily slain his. He was alone in the forest and his guard was lowered since he could not sense the presence of the priestess. All she had to do was shot an arrow at his chest. Hitting him would not be a problem for Kikyo. She was known for her remarkable archery and this was an easy target, but Kikyo did not raise her bow. It wasn't something that she could explain, but she knew that she couldn't take his life. She walked away, unable to shake him from her mind.

Their first real encounter took place several days latter. Kikyo had gone back to the forest to the place where she had first seen him- the demon- hoping for another glance at his face. She could not have been paying attention for by the time Inuyasha was upon her she was taken by surprise. He grabed her from behind. She tried to pull away, but it was no use, He was far to strong for her, so she abruptly stopped moving to save her strength and waited for him to make his move.

Much to her confusion, he let go.

"Why were you watching me?" he asked gruffly, proving that he had not been oblivious to her the other day. Kikyo found that she had no answer for him. She was lost. She was lost in his eyes.

Without realizing what she was doing she reached out and touched his cheek. Inuyasha stepped away and protectively covered his face where her hand had been.

"What the hell was that, wench??"

Kikyo was as startled as he was at her action. Why had she done that? She ran back to her village and cleansed her body in a nearby stream, but she feared that her soul would not be cleansed that easily, for that was where the demon had left his mark.