InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sleeping Beauty Inuyasha ❯ Naraku! ^^ ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kikyo, being the only priestess in the area was guardian of the sacred Shikon jewel. This was a very powerful weapon if placed in the wrong hands, for it could give amazing powers to any demon who possessed it. Demons and humans alike sought the jewel out. To have the Shikon jewel was to have almost infinite powers. To protect it was a very difficult job.

A short while before meeting Inuyasha, Kikyo had had to deal with a human man who had foolishly attempted to still the jewel. In the process of that, he had accidentally set fire to the building and become trapped amongst the flames. If it had not been for Kikyo who had rescued him just in time he would have surely perished.

The thief did not escape unscathed though. His body was covered in burns and he was paralyzed. Kikyo allowed him to stay with her, forgiving him his misdeeds. She took care of him and tried to nurse him back to health. Throughout this time, he fell in love with her, but he knew that she would never return his feelings. She was so beautiful and his body was mutilated with hideous burn marks. When Kikyo left his side knowing that she would come back was the only thing that kept him sane. For Kikyo he could change. She made him want to be a better person. Love is a powerful thing and he was a true romantic.

This was all about to change though, for one day when Kikyo came back to him she was different. She was smiling and more radiant than ever. Then she started talking about a man. A half breed demon no less and the thief saw the look in her eyes. Though she mentioned nothing about her feelings towards him, she was so obviously in love.

When Kikyo went to bed that night the thief seemed to be in a bad mood. Thinking nothing of this Kikyo went to bed, thinking that he should be better by the morning. But when Kikyo returned the thief was gone but the aura of evil and scent of death remained. She cold only conclude that he had been devoured and although it grieved her deeply, she had other things on her mind. Other things such as Inuyasha.

Little did Kikyo know, that thief would be her undoing. He had not been eaten as she supposed. He had called the demons to him and they had come. Not to eat him, but rather to unite. At the cost of most of his human soul the thief had regained his strength and the strength of countless different demons.

So it was that he left Kikyo. Except he didn't really leave her. He just watched from the shadows. Seeing her with that Inuyasha tore him up inside. He had not lost all human emotion, he still felt love for Kikyo, but stronger than love was jealousy. This jealousy quickly turned to anger. This new demonic blood running through his veins was calling out for murder. Kikyo and Inuyasha would not live happily ever after. Kikyo and Inuyasha would not live.

For a long time he would watch, but soon the time would come. One word came to his mind; Naraku. That would be his name now. The demon Naraku. It was time to put any human thoughts behind and test out these new powers of his, for soon the time would come.