InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sleeping Miko Beauty ❯ Preparing for battle ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

She silently lifts her bow and arrow from the corner of the abandoned hut in the middle of the dense forest as she prepares for battle with her archenemy, Naraku. They would finally defeat him. That's what they thought, and thriving on that thought, her hanyou companion was as anxious as ever.
 
"Feh! What's takin' ya so long? I've been ready for ten minutes!" The irritated hanyou called from the opposite corner where he sat with his sword in his lap and his back to the wall. The young priestess ignored him as she continued to prepare.
 
She put her sling of arrows on her back and turned to face Inuyasha. His silver hair blew as the wind came gently through the window of the moonlit night. Inuyasha looked away, unable to hold the gaze of her hazel eyes. He stared out of the window, the moon in full view. She sighed, still staring at him as he blushed.
 
"I'm ready..." she said slowly and quietly. She was as anxious as he was but didn't want to do this tonight, but she knew they had to, because tomorrow would be the new moon and Inuyasha wouldn't be able to battle, or show himself for that matter.
 
Inuyasha looked back at her softly and stood up. "'Bout time," he said with his usual gruffness back in his voice.
 
Kagome smiled, used to his harsh words already and willing to accept them as compliments, “You never change, do you?” She said quietly.
 
“What?” he asks confused. “What's wrong with that?” Inuyasha asked with saddened eyes, wondering what she would change about him.
 
Kagome just smiled and shook her head sympathetically. “Nothing…” `And yet, everything…' she thought to herself. She was confused about what she wanted from him. She didn't, and yet, did want him to change… some things, at least.
 
Inuyasha stood up smiling, “Really?” he asked, a little to enthusiastically, but he didn't notice. Kagome just continued to smile and walked over to him. They stayed like that for a few minutes, staring into each other's eyes, until Kagome grabbed his hand, still smiling, and walked out of the hut with him. Headed towards Kaede's village, which was where Naraku was close to.
 
The moonlight guided them along their path as they ventured deeper and deeper into the forest, still holding hands. He, Inuyasha… and his beautiful miko.