InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sleeping Miko Beauty ❯ All Is Fair In Love an War, Right? ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

All is Fair in Love and War, Right?
 
 
A menacing black cloud glided in front of the waning crescent moon. Inuyasha's grip on Kagome's hand tightened immediately. A shiver ran up Kagome's spine as a huge demonic aura encircled them and she looked around wildly. “Inuyasha?”
 
“Yeah, It's him… Naraku,” Inuyasha replied as he shoved Kagome behind his back. “Stay back Kagome… we don't know where he is yet…” Inuyasha reluctantly let go of Kagome's hand as he drew Tetsusaiga and bared his teeth at the surrounding forest as he circled around Kagome, always facing to the unknown.
 
“Hm hm hm hm ha ha ha ha ha ha! Inuyasha… you saved me the trouble of coming to look for you, how considerate!” Naraku's voice echoed through the small clearing.
 
“Shut the hell up!” Inuyasha yelled at him.
 
`Wow… not being able to see Naraku is really causing Inuyasha's patience to wear thin…' Kagome thought to herself.
 
“Inuyasha… why so irritated? Could it be because… your senses aren't as sharp as they normally are? Hm hm h…” A loud growl erupted from Inuyasha, cutting through Naraku's laughter.
 
“I said SHUT THE HELL UP, bastard!” Inuyasha snarled. He pulled back Tetsusaiga and Wind Scarred a random area of trees. `How in the Hell did he know about that?' Inuyasha asked himself. An image of the smirking Wind Sorceress cut through his mind. “Damn her! Damn that Kagura to hell!” He screamed at Naraku.
 
Naraku was baffled, and it clearly showed on his face, though Kagome and Inuyasha still couldn't see him. Kagome gasped and Naraku's gaze shifted to her. “You mean Kagura told him!?” Kagome asked wildly. Inuyasha growled at Kagome, trying to silence her, she winced.
 
“Ahh… Kagome… you're here as well, eh?” He began to laugh again. “I should have known! You never leave your puppy, do you?” He asked, venom dripping off of the word “Puppy”.
 
Kagome glared at where she thought he was and started to say something, but Inuyasha silenced her with another short growl. “And what about Kagura, did she tell you anything about me?” Inuyasha asked Naraku, ignoring the pointed stare Kagome was giving the back of his head.
 
Naraku turned his gaze back towards Inuyasha. “Kagura? Nay, she told me nothing about you or your… transformations…”
 
Inuyasha gripped Tetsusaiga tighter and his knuckles grew white-hot with fury. “Then how in the hell did you know about them…!?” Inuyasha asked, barely keeping his anger in check.
 
“I figured it out on the night we battled just before I… disappeared for a while…”
 
Inuyasha snarled. “You mean the night you faked your own death!?” Inuyasha screamed at him as the dam of Inuyasha's control burst and released the river of Rage upon any unlucky being.
 
Naraku's lip curled into a snarl. “Yes, I mean then.” Naraku's voice centered around a shadowy part on the top of a Gingko Tree nearby. Inuyasha smiled.
 
“Found you,” he said to himself and jumped at him, drawing Tetsusaiga back. “KAZE NO KIZU!” The ridges from Wind Scar blasted into the tree and immediately the air was full of debris and dust. Inuyasha covered his nose with his haori sleeve and smiled. As the air cleared there were huge gouges in the earth, remnants of the Wind Scar.
 
“Did I get him?” Inuyasha asked himself, but Kagome felt at liberty to answer nonetheless. Then again, so did Naraku.
 
“I don't know.”
 
“Ku ku ku ku… Inuyasha, you baka… Do you really believe you could off me that easily?”
 
Inuyasha scowled. Again Naraku's location was unknown. “Kagome,” Kagome looked up at him, “can you sense the jewel shards?” He asked quietly.
 
Kagome shook her head. “I've been trying to pick up a trace of them since he appeared… but I can't…” Kagome trailed off.
 
Inuyasha nodded. A flash of white and blue out of his peripheral vision alerted him to Naraku's position and he hurled himself at it, drawing back his sword again, but this time he saw Naraku move as everything slowed to an excruciatingly slow pace. He saw Naraku, as Naraku lunged past him. He saw Naraku, as Naraku drew back his fist, glowing dark purple. He saw Naraku throw the punch at the face of complete beauty, and complete horror and shock at the same time. And he saw Naraku standing over Kagome's frail body, now lying on the forest floor, as the sound came back to his ears, to only hear his own voice echoing through the clearing.
 
“NOOOOOOO!!!”