InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Snapshots of Life After the End ❯ A Reflection on Size ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest on May 30, 2011 for Prompt #250 Sleeve.

Title: A Reflection on Size
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Prompt: Sleeve (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: General/Romance/Post Manga
Word Count: 237
Warnings: none
Summary: Inuyasha holds Kagome after her return and contemplates how big things can come in small packages.

-----------------------

Inuyasha sat high in the Goshinboku and stared at the sleeping girl in his arms, hardly believing she had really returned. “Kagome,” he murmured as he pulled her closer to his chest. A breeze stirred the leaves and he draped the sleeves of his haori over her form to shield her from the cold night air.

Staring down at her he saw how his sleeve nearly hid her completely from view, illustrating just how small she was. He couldn't help but wonder how someone so small could make such a big difference in his life. Images flashed through his mind, memories of the times they had shared and how she had come to mean so much to him. Her laugh, her smile, the love that shined in her eyes. He knew that her deceptively small body hid her large heart, large enough to care for an outcast hanyou and change him for the better, teaching him how to use his own heart.

He sighed and placed a gentle kiss to her temple. “I don't know what I did to deserve your love but I'm going to spend the rest of my life proving that I am worthy of it,” he whispered as he closed his eyes. He therefore didn't see the small hand pull the sleeve tighter against her body or the smile on her face as she snuggled closer to him at his words.