InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Snapshots of Life After the End ❯ Soft as Silk ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to At First Tweak on April 24, 2011 for Prompt #42 Silk.


Title: Soft as Silk
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Genre: General
Universe: Post Canon
Word Count: 299
Summary: Kagome and Inuyasha each love the other's hair.

----------------------------

Kagome sighed as she tried to run a comb through her tangled hair, wincing as she hit another snag. Her eyes turned to her companion and she glared at him, annoyed, as she took in his long silver hair. She could see that there were no tangles or knots present, despite being even longer than hers and just as windblown during their earlier journey. 'It's not fair,' she thought as she huffed angrily. 'He doesn't do anything to take care of his hair and it still looks so perfect.'

Her anger left her as she thought of just how perfect that hair was. She loved the feel of it, like running her fingers over silk. She loved riding on his back and feeling it brush against her.

Shaking her head to clear it, she once more resumed the task of untangling her own hair only to wince and hiss as she encountered a particularly bad tangle. A clawed hand suddenly stilled her hand and took the comb from her. “Baka, you'll hurt yourself doing it like that.”

She relaxed as she felt him gently begin combing her hair, taking care to work on each knot without causing her any discomfort. “I love your hair,” he murmured softly.

“Why” she looked at him, confused. “It's so hard to take care of, unlike your hair. Yours is perfect,” she sighed wistfully.

He chuckled and ran his fingers through her hair, his touch sending a shiver down her spine. Leaning  forward against her back, his lips brushed her ear as he spoke. “I love how messy your hair gets. I get to run my fingers through it to fix it.”

'Maybe tangled hair isn't so bad after all,' Kagome thought turning her face to meet her husband's.