InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Snapshots of Life After the End ❯ A Special Day ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to At First Tweak on February 12, 2012 for Prompt #62 Love Letter. Won 1st place.

Title: A Special Day
Author: ananova
Rating: K+
Genre: Romance
Universe: Post Canon
Word Count: 264
Summary: Kagome knew her husband wasn't one to write love letters, so she didn't know what to expect as she stared at the piece of parchment.

----------------------


Kagome sighed as she sat up in her futon and looked around her empty hut. She knew that it wasn't his fault, that in this time things like birthdays and anniversaries weren't celebrated. How could she expect him to keep track of a specific date when the calendar wasn't even in use yet? Still, she couldn't help the disappointment that filled her. This day was special to her and he wasn't there to share it with her.

Moving to get up, she frowned when her hand brushed across a piece of parchment. Not sure what to expect as her husband wasn't one to write love letters, she blinked at the message written in her husband's untidy scrawl. Don't get up.

Her attention was drawn to the door as the reed mat was swept aside. Inuyasha stood there, a smirk on his face as he pulled a beautiful bouquet of flowers from behind his back. “Happy Birthday.”

Kagome felt tears sting her eyes. “You remembered.”

He walked over and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. “Keh, as if I could ever forget the day I met you. One of the best days of my life. I know it's not much but I remember you saying how birthdays were important and celebrated where you came from.” He blushed slightly. “I just wanted to give you part of that back.”

Taking the flowers from him and setting them to the side, Kagome quickly pulled him down for a deeper kiss, eager to show her husband just how happy he had made her.