InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ So Far Away ❯ Repeating History Once Again ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ha! Hello everyone! I've actually had this idea for awhile, so I hope this turns out good…-.- Well, I just hope ya'll enjoy this story!

DISCLAIMER-Sorry, don't own Inuyasha, only the great creator and the Princess of Manga herself, Rumiko Takahashi does! ^^

____-Your name

'Blah Blah'-Thinking

"Blah Blah"-Talking

~*So Far Away*~

Chapter 1-Repeating History Once Again

"Yes! How can I NOT lie?!" you yelled at the phone.

"Because you usually do," replied the other person in the other line, "____, you have got to be kidding me! Your leaving tonight to! Since WHEN in all worlds has your family inherited a shrine in Tokyo, Japan?!"

"Since my Grandma died," you replied, sighing heavily as you twirled the phone cord around your finger. Yup, your life had turned upside down since that call from your father a few days ago, saying that your grandma had died and given your father the ownership of the shrine.

"Oh, that must have sucked," your friend said softly on the other line, "I didn't think that'd be the reason. Sorry, ___."

"It's alright," you added, "Well, we've been talking for nearly two hours, I think my Grandma is going to get in my case in about a few seconds. I'll call ya whenever we hit Japan."

"Alright, just don't call me in 3 AM in the morning."

"Shut up, _(friend's name)_."

"Hehe, yeah, whatever. Bye ___, I'll miss ya!"

"Same here, bye."

*Click*

You grumbled more as you hung up the phone. Your stuff was half packed and your suit case was ready for the plane ride the next day. You were currently living in America, with your father, you mother's mother or your grandma in your mother's side, your little brother and a very lazy cat named Yoshi, no thanks to your brother and his love for video games. (AN: Feels like the same life as Kagome, ne? ^^ Okay…I'll just go now…) Your mother had died after the birth of Sammy, your younger brother, but you never really blamed the kid. It wasn't his fault and to be honest, you never really got to know her that well, but she was nice and you cried when she died. Actually, she never was your real mother, your real mother had left your Dad when you were really young, then your Dad met up with your step-mom a few years later. Then that story restarted.

"____!" you heard your grandma yell, "Get to sleep, we have to get up early!"

"I know grandma!" you shouted back at the elderly woman. You heard the elderly woman talk to herself as she tried to get Sammy off his video games and get to sleep. You giggled. That'll be awhile.

"But Granny, I'm on the last level, just a few more minutes!" Sammy whined.

"My gosh, child, you've had long enough, bed, now!" your grandma ordered, now this started to crack you up, "Oy, ___! I don't hear you sleeping!"

"Yeah, yeah," you mumbled as you jumped into what was left of your bed, covered up and fell asleep, after you got over the pain when Yoshi decided to sleep with you, on your stomach to be exact.

'Stupid fat cat…' was your very last thought as you fell asleep.

~Dream~

"Inuyasha!!" a girl in some school uniform yelled toward a dog demon.

"Stay back, Kagome!" the dog demon had yelled to the school girl. He stared at the figure that stood before him, "Kikyo…?"

"Have you made your decision, Inuyasha?" a cold voice asked, the school girl stared at the two, very confused.

"Ki…Ki…Kikyo," the dog demon sighed sadly as he turned to the school girl. Her eyes started to water as she just shook her head, slowly.

"Well, have you Inuyasha?" the figure using the name of Kikyo asked again.

'Oh Inuyasha…' the school thought to herself, 'Have you?'

The dog demon's eyes had then disappeared under his bangs and he just stood there.

'I just can't stand this anymore!' the school girl named Kagome thought sadly, she then smiled at Inuyasha, 'He wants Kikyo, but he still doesn't want to hurt me…I guess? I still love you, forever and always, but I guess I'll just have too give up my happiness for his…I'm so sorry, Inuyasha…'

"Inuyasha?" Kikyo repeated. (AN: Patient aren't we? -.- *Gets hit by a few deadly items* O.o Dude! Fine, I'll shut up already!)

"Kikyo…I…" the dog demon stammered, but Kagome had stepped up, her eyes already teary and her tears threatening to spill any second now, "Kagome?"

"I know how much you still love her, Inuyasha," Kagome replied, her voice soft, "And no matter how times I had to tell you how different we are, you pretend on not to listen. I never wanted you to live your life with the burden of this choice, and I never wanted to see you in pain like this either. I had finally gotten you to look at me in the eyes, like a real person, but I can still see that you see a bit of Kikyo in them as well. Honestly, I've actually been jealous every time you ran away from us, your friends, just to see Kikyo, except I've always denied that fact of jealousy. I've always been by your side, to help protect you whenever it was your time of the month, to get you out of trouble whenever you put yourself in it, but I guess you've known Kikyo longer and protected her as well. What I'm really trying to say is that…that…that I love you, since that one time, when you went off with Kikyo, and I had caught you. Inuyasha, I love you for who you are, half human, half demon, I don't care if your were part chicken demon in there, I love you for you, the all of you. I'm sorry Inuyasha…"

"Ka-kagome…?" the dog demon stared wide eyed as Kagome's tears started to fall, she smiled sadly.

"Just do me one favor, Inuyasha," the school girl spoke up, "Just take care of yourself…please?"

The dog demon was stunned beyond reason, Kagome just had confessed her love to him, him for being him. A filthy half demon he had been shunned for. Kikyo had never said this, she wanted him to be a human and Kagome… wanted him to stay as himself, even if he was part chicken demon. (o.0)

"Kagome…I," he stammered again, boy was he in some problem, but Kagome just shook her head as she walked up to him, and then hugged him.

"Thank you, Inuyasha," she sniffled as she started to glow the color pink, and so did Kikyo, "I love you."

Feeling death starting to take her in, Kagome stumbled back, the pink aura around her started to glow even more brighter then ever. Her vision started to get darker and blurry. Kikyo had also felt the warmth coming back to her, and so did her emotions, even the emotion of guilt. Her eyes had widen, what had she done?

'This…this can't be happening,' the used to be dead priestess yelled at herself as she watched her reincarnation stumble back and her old lover come to the girl's aid, yelling at the young girl, 'What has become of me…?'

"Kagome!" Inuyasha cried as he caught the school girl before she fell to the ground, sadly, she had replaced her comforting scent he could never describe, into the easily readable scent of death. Kagome's skin had paled even more as she laid there, in the arms of the boy she had released and loved.

Kikyo however could not stand these emotions any longer, so the priestess did something she thought she would have never done. Kill her own self. Sending the cursed soul of theirs into a different place, into a unlucky girl, that girl happened to be you.

~End Dream~

Your _(color)_ eyes had snapped open, you also felt warm tears filling in your eyes, what the hell was that all about? You quickly wiped your eyes before anyone saw them, jump out of bed and get ready to leave for the airport.

~A Few Hours Later~

You sighed heavily as you sat beside Sammy who was currently playing a Game boy Advance SP. Man, was this plane ride ever so boring. Your grandma had fallen asleep and so did your carry on cat, Yoshi, so it was just you and your brother who was up at the moment. You were to afraid to fall asleep, that dream, what the hell was it all about? Mostly it felt like some cheesy soup opera, but it felt so real. You could read the school girl's thoughts in your dream, the expressions of the three people and their love triangle. You rolled your eyes and sighed, no more ice cream and watching those cheesy operas out of boredom for you.

"Hey sis," Sammy broke your thoughts, you blinked and looked down at him, you slightly glared.

"What?" you asked, rudely, he just glared back.

"Fine Miss Crabby pants," he stuck his tongue at you, "I just thought your legs would wants some blood flow back."

Oh yeah, you forgot that you were holding Yoshi for the past ten hours, and you had lost all contact to your legs, or mostly the feeling, really. You slightly smiled as you nodded and handed the cage to the younger boy. He gladly took it and started playing on his game boy once again, now your legs could finally get some blood flow back. You then yawned and looked out of the window. It was still nighttime, and the stars looked really pretty that night. You smiled as a shooting star came across your path.

'I wish I can figure out what's my whole purpose in life…' you thought as you fell asleep once again. This time, it was dreamless.

~A Few Weeks Later~

You groaned as you rolled over to your back on your bed, you were now staring at your homework upside down. It had been a few weeks since you moved into the shrine, you were already enrolled at school and you met up with quite a few friends, most of them were pretty curious about why you were living in a shrine. Sammy just made friends because of his love for video games, and him being, well…him. You had the second biggest up stairs bedroom, and it had a nice view of the whole shrine, but there was a tree in the way, you didn't really mind that much. There was also a very old well house, with lots of seals on the doors, now that place kept your curiosity. It was practically screaming at you to go in, but you actually were pretty smart and listened to your head then the voices.

"Man…I'll never get this Japanese stuff done," you whined as you turned back to your original position, with a pencil in your mouth, "I hate school…"

You rolled your eyes as you twirled a bit of your _(color)_ hair out of boredom. It was settled, your going for a small walk, plus you were planning to stay in the property anyway.

After grabbing your jacket, you placed on some shorts, socks, running shoes and a nicer shirt to go walking in. You quietly walked out of your house, out the door and around the property. You stared at the big oak tree, by legend, it was called the God Tree. A half demon was pinned there and a girl from the future had released him. You blinked a few times, it was just some big soup opera right after a dead priestess came back to life again.

'Kagome…'

"Huh?" you asked as you heard something, looking around, you found nothing, so you just brushed the thought off.

'The Well…'

"Hey, who's there?" you asked again as you turned your attention to the well house, it was calling again.

'Go back…go back to the well…'

"What? No way!" you shouted at it, "I'm NOT Kagome! I already told you!"

'Finish the job…help your friends…'

"What friends?! I don't know anyone!" you continued on arguing with the voice, "I said I'm NOT Kagome! Stop calling me that name! It's ____!"

'Finish it…finish the job…'

"What job?! Stop it! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!"

All of the sudden, the well house had started to glow, the seals had peeled off on their own. You stared wide eyed as you were then pulled in by a light. Everything started to glow around you and you had started to glow a really pink color. You looked at the light with worry in your eyes. If you could have only just finished your homework and gone to bed.

'Kagome…'

"Stop calling me Kagome…" you replied softly as you stopped glowing and so did the lights around you. With a soft thump, you landed on the dirt with a bunch of bones and a tree right next to you. You blinked, what was a tree doing there?

'Please tell me I'm in a dream…' you pleaded as you slowly started to climb it, then you noticed it was broad daylight.

"Whoa…time really does pass when you arguing with yourself," you joked as you continued your way back up. You then looked around, it was like a peaceful forest, or maybe a field of some sort. The birds were chirping about and butterflies everywhere. You sighed happily, so peaceful.

"Inuyasha, come back!" you heard a small voice shout, "It's NOT Kagome! You said it yourself! She's dead!!"

"Kagome…not that name again," you pouted as you swung your legs over the well.

"Shut up you stupid brat!" another voice shouted, except this one sounded more older boyish and a bit cocky at the same time, "I know that scent! It belongs to Kagome!"

'Do I smell?' you asked yourself embarrassed, you took a shower before you did your homework.

"Kago-huh?" the voice stopped in mid-sentence. You then turned around, confused and surprised. He looked familiar, dog ears, white or silver hair, amber colored eyes, claws, a sword of some sort around his waist, the red baggy outfit, bare feet.

"Eh…?" you asked as you tilted your head to the side, "Who are you?"

The boy quickly ran up to you and grabbed you. You yelped as he grabbed your chin and looked at your.

"Your NOT Kagome…" he finally spoke up after awhile, the dropped his hand and glared at you, "Who the hell are YOU?! How'd you get here? Why do you smell like Kagome?!"

"What?!" you shouted and got up, "Well excuse me for intruding! No, I'm NOT this Kagome already, the name's ___, I have NO idea how I got here, and ew! Who'd ask a question like that?! And stop cussing, there are children here!"

"Hey, I'm more older then you think I am!" the child like voice protested.

"Feh, serves you right, stupid brat," mumbled the dog eared boy.

"I am NOT a brat!" the 'child' yelled.

"Oy! Stop ignoring me like I'm NOT a few feet away from you two!" you shouted, well that got their attention. Except the dog boy just glared at you.

"Keh," he spat out and crossed his arms over his chest, "Look here wench-"

"Excuse me?!" you yelled again, "I am NOT a wench!"

"Will you STOP interrupting!" he yelled back at you, mostly in your face.

"Say it, don't spray it, jackass!" you argued.

"Oh, look who's talking in language, stupid girl!"

"Shut up!"

~Flashback~

"In…u…yasha…" Kagome's voice warned.

"Oh…wait…don't…Kag-" Inuyasha was interrupted as Kagome yelled.

"SIT BOY!!!"

~End Flashback~

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" the dog boy pushed it. You twitched.

"Ugh! SIT BOY!!!" you screamed as the dog boy found himself on the ground.

"Gah!" he yelped as the child stared wide eyed.

"Wow…you really ARE Kagome!" he smiled, "You hafta come with us!"

"Huh?" you asked, confused more then ever as you were dragged down a path, leaving the dog boy lying there, yelling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL, here, I thought that'd be funny on first impressions! Plus, I wanted some humor after the drama! Sorry for that though…well I hope you liked it! That wraps it up for right now, if you wish for me to continue and meet up with the rest of the gang, review! ^^

~*Anime-fangirl1*~