InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sorano's Secret ❯ At Last ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

At Last
 
“She knew.” Kagome began, tears swelling in her big brown eyes. “She knew that this fight would kill her and yet she sacrificed herself for us.”
 
InuYasha turned his back to hide the fact that his own eyes were watering, “She probably would have lived had she not jumped in front on our attacks. Stupid woman.”
 
Without another word, Sesshomaru gently laid Sorano on the ground and stood back. He unsheathed Tensaiga and looked at it hopefully. He remembered his father saying that in order to use Tensaiga, he would need something to protect. He had found someone to protect in the small child, Rin, and here he had done the same with Sorano. He recalled her gentle smile and her coy way of speaking to him.
 
He made his choice. Focusing in on Tensaiga's power, he saw the small demons crawling on Sorano's corpse. Slicing through the air with a purpose, he sleighed them, and in doing so revived Sorano.
 
Again, Sesshomaru held Sorano in his arm, waiting for her to return to consciousness. As her emerald eyes fluttered open, Sesshomaru was there awaiting her mystifying gaze.
 
“So you did save me.” Sorano breathed.
 
Blushing ever so slightly Sesshomaru answered, “You did save Rin. I suppose I owed you one.”
 
The other members were a bit shell-shocked at Sesshomaru's sudden change of character.
Both Jaken and InuYasha's jaws hung wide open showing their utter disbelief at the scene displayed before their very eyes. Kagome snickered at her hanyou's reaction and she smiled as she returned her attention to Sorano and Sesshomaru.
 
“Sorano, why did you intercept our combined attacks?” Miroku interrupted curiously.
 
“The god of good fortune and war, Bishamon, gave me that gift under the impression that because I was a mere demi-goddess, I would never have friends.” Sorano answered.
 
“A demi-goddess? Then that makes you half human and half god.” Sesshomaru stated.
 
“Yes. Do you dislike the fact that I am a half breed?” Sorano queried shyly.
 
“No. I am simply at a loss as to how I hadn't guessed it sooner.”
 
“Wait a minute!” InuYasha bellowed, “Her being a half breed doesn't bother you, when all my life I was condemned for it?”
 
“InuYasha, I only wanted you to get stronger. And you are.” Sesshomaru concluded.
 
InuYasha exchanged glances with Sorano as he allowed his brother's statement to sink in.
 
“Sorano, I must confess I didn't save you because I felt I owed you. I saved you because you've stolen my heart. Everything about you stirs the depths of my soul.” Sesshomaru's face was hot and his heart was pounding in his chest. “But you already know this, don't you?”
 
“I suppose I do, but you've dominated my thoughts long before we met.”
 
Sorano smiled softly, as Sesshomaru lifted her bridal-style and carried her away.
 
 
The End