InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ STF: Special Task Force : Japan ❯ STF: SPECIAL TASK FORCE - Reading the Files ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Ok so right now I'm dealing with some writer's block on my other stories. But - a while back when I had first started off writing fan fiction I had made two stories. STF and STF 2: Return to Duty. They weren't a big hit… but then again - I'm dealing with a new crowd, sophisticated of people, and a new show to base it off of. Anyway, basically it's in the same group as SJT but with a different cause. Follows around STF commander in chief Bryan through the daily tasks as STF C&C. Of course - the slight humorous situations that come with any job is included here. This story is set in the future.

--------------------------------

Flashback - Background Information

--------------------------------

It started oh so long ago. Terrorism was at it's highest it had ever been. People all over the world couldn't walk to their own mailboxes without looking over their shoulders.

It stayed like this for three years.

After which a man came to our laboratory. He said he had a project that could create people, things. Many wanted to play god with it. He put a stop to that. The project was dubbed Project: AXE. It didn't really mean anything. The man had come up with it himself. I remember one time he had told me that it was symbolism. Like an Ax the team he created would swing upon any form of terrorism.

We created hundreds of these teams. They now dot the entire world. Anywhere between one to three teams can inhabit one city. The main base is here, in Hartford, Connecticut.

The man, Bryan, had stayed with the main base for years before retiring one day. He went on a four month vacation. Coming back he returned to STF, reliving Gabriel Logan from C&C duty. Once again, Bryan had stayed there for many years until an accident.

A bad accident that he was nearly killed in. A gun fight. The agency had lost many men in it. It has been recorded in history books for what will be years as the biggest gunfight in history.

It was an all out war. Police, SWAT, Military, STF, CIA, FBI, everyone was involved. In the end each team had suffered heavy losses. STF had suffered the least, but the heavyset as they were the most close nit force. Devastated, Bryan had left that agency to transfer to another.

He started off in Italy. Living there for a few months while working with local police forces along with that particular STF branch. After that he had moved to Ireland. Not much for work - more for a little relaxation. The untouched country was relaxing, yet he missed the beat. The fast paced life he had grown to know.

One day he was going through his files and found something interesting.

A branch had been recently set up in Japan.

He already knew the language quite well, yet the file stated that the entire branch spoke fluent English.

Project AXE had been used over one million times by different leaders to create each branch - of course, each project was destroyed afterwards so as to keep it out of the wrong hands.

After long thought over it, Bryan left Ireland, and headed for America once again. Going back to his old home one last time for the ages.

That is when he made his final decision - he was heading for Japan.

This is where our story begins again…

--------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------

Bryan sat in the comfortable airplane chairs. Sitting back in them - letting his old life soak away like so much rain water. The death of his friends back in the old building…

Bryan shook his head the clear the thoughts. He looked around the plane, little children scattered here and there. Two babies. Most of the other people were adults.

He suppressed a grin about how obvious the air marshals where. They looked paranoid.

Even the guy next to him was obvious. But, they had a job to do and he wasn't going to interfere. He looked at his watch… only another two hours left.

So… when in doubt, double check your reservations.

And that's what he did. He picked up the phone in front of him, swiping his agency card through it and called the hotel.

"Japan Inn. How can I help you?"

Very polite. Bryan mused.

"I'm calling to check on a reservation. Bryan Daniels. Made by STF."

"I'm showing that your room is booked and ready for your arrival. Would you like a shuttle from the airport?"

"No thank you."

"Yes, sir. Will that be all?"

"Yes, thank you very much."

"It has been my pleasure sir."

Bryan placed the phone back in the cradle. He looked at his carry on and decided to do some light reading.

He pulled out a bunch of folders. Each one had a name, a number, a rank, and the STF logo stamped on the front of it.

These had all been sent to him when he had transferred.

He read the first name on the folder.

Higurashi, Kagome.

Age: 30

Rank: Second in Command / Field Agent

Status: Active

Training: CNT CBC CTT - Standard STF - Advanced STF - Master STF.

Background: Grew up in a shrine with a family consisting of only her Mother, Brother, and Grandfather. Did well in high school and moved on to a Japan Approved collage. Spent seven years training with the Japan CTT before moving to STF training. Passed at the top of her class.

"So it is true. Japan did get the top of the line people." Bryan mused, skimming the rest of the folder before moving to the next one.

Inuyasha

"Only a first name, huh?" Bryan wondered aloud. "Well… ok."

Age: 31

Rank: First in Command Under C&C / Field Agent

Status: Active

Training: CNT CBC CTT - Standard STF - Advanced STF - Master STF.

Background: Grew up along in the suburbs. Finished High School at the top of his class and began his STF training at the age of 20. Working his way up through the ranks he arrested his half brother during his service as a 3IC. The charge was hidden weapon. Since then neither have been on the best of terms.

"Ok… who else do we have." He looked at the rest of the folders. "Most of these people only have first names… wonder why…"

Miroku

Age: 29

Rank: Field Intelligence Agent

Status: Suspension.

Reason: Mandatory for shootings. Officer kill-shot suspect with weapon.

Training: CNT - Advanced STF

Background: At the age of 15 he graduated from High School. At 18 He graduated from Collage. Started training for the JCIA at the age of 20. Left JCIA at the age of 25 to work for STF-Intel.

"At least he's not a bad boy." Bryan said, looking over at the next file.

Sango

Age: 29

Rank: Search and Rescue Commanding Officer

Status: Active

Training: CTT - Master Search and Rescue - Advanced/Master STF

Background: Originally worked here right out of training. Agency had her earmarked. Her family was murdered by a terrorist organization currently known as NOSTRA.

"That's all there is…" Bryan said, looking at the blank paper. He turned it over in a stupor. Nothing. "NOSTRA… I remember them. Based off of Nostradomos. Leader thinks that he can take over the world… they all do."

He looked at the next folder and was surprised.

Shippo

Age: 18

Rank: Search and Rescue Special Agent

Status: Active

Training: Master Search and Rescue - Advanced STF

Background: Went through STF training during high school. Joined right out of high school. No known family.

"Huh… interesting team. And that's just the big fish. Makes me wonder who's folder I didn't get." Bryan looked at his watch one last time. "Ah, good. We'll be landing soon."

--------------------------------------------------------------< /div>

Bryan parked the rental car in the parking space with his name on it.

Never had this back at the Hartford base.

Opening the trunk he pulled out a book bag before slamming the trunk door shut and walking towards the main building.

It was a nice building. Lots of glass, and - Bryan would have to admit - it looks cool. He walked through the front door and was greeted by a women wearing a white shirt with a red pair of pants.

She seemed to have a bright smile with a dark shadow hanging in the air around her.

"Hello, how can I help you today?" She asked. Looking up from the computer screen.

"I'm Bryan. I am supposed to get a tour today and meet the team." He said, looking around the lobby a little.

"Bryan?" A women asked. Bryan turned around to see another person, this one dressed in a green shirt with blue jeans, extending her hand out to him. He shook it. "Yes… and you are?"

"My name is Kagome." She stated, tucking a folder under his arm.

Bryan nodded his acknowledgment as they walked away. The women behind the desk mumbled something that sounded like `tramp' at Kagome's back.

"So, have you seen much of Japan?" Kagome asked as they walked down the long hallways.

"Not really. Just came in today to get to see the workspace and the co-workers. I was here a while back, visited Inuyama Castle."

"Isn't it beautiful?"

"Are you kidding me? At sunset it was amazing."

"Yah, it is." Kagome said with a sigh.

We stopped in the middle of a four wall hall intersection.

"Ok, down there." Kagome said, pointing North. "Is where the Search and Rescue department is." She then pointed East. "Down that way is where the forensics labs are." Then south. "Down there is the Intelligence offices." And finally west. "And down here is where we work." She said, walking off in that direction.

Bryan followed as she opened a door. Inside of it were four more doors. It appeared to be some sort of waiting room. "Ok, that's my office." She said, pointing to the second door.

"That is Inuyasha's office." She said, pointing to the third door. There was a growl and a crash, followed by `damn it!'. When Bryan looked to Kagome for an explanation she sighed, opening the door to Inu's office.

"Everything ok in here?" She asked. Bryan peeked in and saw a man sitting on t he floor cross legged. Inu turned to face the door and that's when Bryan noticed the claws and ears. Not to mention the eyes. Two fangs poked out the sides of his mouth.

"I should of known." Bryan chuckled brushing past Kagome and kneeling down next to Inuyasha. Inuyasha looked confused from Kagome, and back to the man kneeling beside him.

"I knew your name sounded familiar. The first Inu-Hanyou to ever be in STF."

Inuyasha turned away. "Feh." He said, standing up and brushing himself off. He wore a red shirt with two white stripes going diagonally from left to right. He leaned on his desk and that was when Bryan noticed the broken lamp. "Also comes with a large temper." He said. Inuyasha growled. Kagome ushered Bryan out of the room. "Let me show you your office." She said.