InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Still Water Runs Deep ❯ Tell Me... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha, and the characters therein, are the property of Rumiko Takahashi. I am in no way affiliated with Takahashi, or VIZ Productions. I make no profit from this or any other fanfiction.
Warning Ending isn't the same as in the real show. I haven't seen it though I have read a scene like this one in many a fanfictions so please bear with it!
~*~*~*~
Tell me…
Why do you always come back?
“Die InuYasha!” he hissed coldly to his little brother, who glared back at him with burning amber eyes sparks reflecting in both sets of gold orbs as the younger hissed back, “You first!” And it was on the two fighting with words and swords as InuYasha's human companions sighed as they watched in boredom.
This had been going on for nearly three years now and they had a chance to kill the other in each battle but had never taken that final blow. Had never truly tried to end the others existence.
It was getting beyond ridicules and then they heard the two hiss, “Naraku,” with the deadly intent they should have used one each other and broke off in favour of going after the spider half-breed that had been plaguing Japan for decades.
Tell me…
Why are you always there?
“InuYasha!” Kagome screamed as the root came speeding at him and he twisted to see the appendage speeding towards him. He had no time to dodge. His heart in his throat, his eye taking up most of his face and a streak of white and silver coming from the corner of his eye.
“InuYasha!” she screamed as the hanyou was flung back, out the way and a chocked gasp came from the taiyoukia. Deep red blood spilled from his back, splattering InuYasha's face and hair as he gasped “Sesshoumaru?” his breathy confused plea answered by a chuckle from, the dieing spider demon who whispered in a breathless voice “At least, I get to take you with me, my lord.”
“Do not think this will end my life,” Sesshoumaru murmured as blood slipped from his lips and he grunted as the root wrenched free, more blood spewing from his chest as that sweet, innocent voice came filled with panic “Sesshoumaru-sama!” Causing him to turn his head and look to his ward, before rushing the hanyou filth even as more rich blood, precious to his survival spilled from his chest and back.
“Die,” he hiss plunging a poison covered, clawed hand into the other mans body as his silver hair clung to his back, turning a glossy shade of pink as the toxin bubbled and hissed, eating away at the spiders body.
 
Tell me…
Why do you always save me?
 
Handing the future priestess the full shikon jewel, InuYasha smiled, his eyes showing his joy, his love, “I don't need it, I'm happy as I am,” he said as his brothers ward rushed by tears in her large brown eyes and he turned to see his brother. The invincible Sesshoumaru on his knee, his face bloodless, even his markings that he used to envy so very much faded, ashen as he quietly gasped fro air. He swayed his body trembling in a way that made him scared.
He could die.
He so was not allowed.
Rushing past the child he got to his brothers side as the Lord fell forward, making a sick splattering sound as he hit the dirt.
“Sesshoumaru!”
“Sesshoumaru-sama!”
“My lord!”
Voices echoed in the clearing, three intertwining with equal levels of panic, fear.
 
Tell me…
Why am I so scared at the thought of your passing?
 
InuYasha sat still, watching the quiet rise and fall of his brothers bandaged chest. It had been nearly a week and still…still his brother slept, so still, so quiet. His colour was still faded, his bandges tinted a pale pink as he rested.
Look around the Spartan styled room InuYasha took in a deep breath and let it out, the palace, in which his brother lived and his father and his father before him. He'd expected some lavishly decorated room, filled with momentous and things that had meaning. Paintings of his parents, Lord Inu no Tiosho and his first mate, whose name was still a mystery to him.
Nothing like that filled the washed out room.
A white wood desk in the far corner.
A basin of fresh water.
A futon, and a cloths rack.
The only thing giving the icy, impersonal room any colour were the wild flowers, purple and blue that Rin had brought telling him that Sesshoumaru like them and they suited him well.
Funny, he never thought about what his brother wore.
He'd only ever seen his big brother in white and armour with the red patterns and yellow obi.
 
Tell me…
Why you say you hate me so?
“InuYasha,” a breathless voice entered the hanyous thoughts and he looked to his brother who lay, eyes still closed,
“InuYasha, why?” the lord asked, his lips only barely moving as he spoke.
“Why what?” InuYasha asked with a frown.
“Why, did you bring me here?” the demon asked.
“Thought you'd want to be home while you heal,” InuYasha said candidly, not bothering to front.
“You…you should have left me to die,” the lord breathed and InuYasha frowned.
“Then I wouldn't get the answers I want from you, bastard,” InuYasha snapped and a ghost of a smile touched the lords lips as his eyes opened and his head turned, giving his brother the full brunt of his gaze.
“What answers do you seek? What knowledge do I hold you would chose to keep me alive, endangering all you seek protect?” the lord asked, appearing genuinely curious.
“ Why do you hate human?” InuYasha asked warming up.
“They had what I could not gain,”
“What?”
“Belief,” his tone indicating he wasn't going to explain any further.
“Why do you…why is this room so…empty?” he said quickly changing his question.
“I do not spend enough time hear to see reason in having a lavish and over indulgent room,” he said a ghost of a frown etching his forehead.
“What were you going to ask me…little brother?” he asked and the term made InuYasha tence before he notices the endearment like quality to the words, no longer full of scorn.
“I…why you hate me,” he whispered looking away, not sure he would like the answer.
“This Sesshoumaru is a fool,”
 
Tell me…
Why am I so fascinated by you?
 
“This Sesshoumaru is a fool” the words danced in InuYasha's head that night as he sat in the doorway staring up at the sky.
“What did you mean?” he asked looking back at his big brother who had conveniently passed out after he'd wished those accursed words, “Bastard, always doing shit to confuse me,” he grumbled before Sesshoumaru made a small sound seconds later his voice filling the quiet night.
“InuYasha…I love you,”
 
Maybe because…you never say what you mean…
 
:-P A Sesshoumaru/InuYasha brain fart.
Hoped you liked it.
Review Please!