InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Still Water Runs Deep ❯ What would you ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha, and the characters therein, are the property of Rumiko Takahashi. I am in no way affiliated with Takahashi, or VIZ Productions. I make no profit from this or any other fanfiction.
Warning Ending isn't the same as in the real show. I haven't seen it though I have read a scene like this one in many a fanfictions so please bear with it!
~*~*~*~
What would you do
If I told you I loved so?
 
“InuYasha…I love you,” he whisper cupping the younger demons face as a swirling white and red mist moved around them and his baby brother smiled tenderly. InuYasha never spoke when he dreamed of him, only smiled and held him.
Kissed him.
Day light woke the demon lord and he frowned he didn't want to get up yet, he didn't want to loss the only thing other than violence he had with his sweet little brother. His chest ached and burned, his heart moving in a disjointed, sluggish rhythm and his breast muscles hurt. The root had done much damage and he knew it would take long to heal, especially without the heat of his clan, which consisted of two.
His little brother and himself.
But even his younger siblings' heat would help though he'd never ask for it. He'd missed his chance to be a `family' with his younger brother because of his own blind sighted ignorance.
He was pleased though, he'd told InuYasha the truth; he had told his younger sibling that he was a fool.
“I know you're awake you lazy ass,” InuYasha's gruff voice came and Sesshoumaru had to bite back a smile.
“How perceptive of you…” he murmured back opening his eyes to glance at his little brother who was leaning against the sliding door, still dressed in their fathers gift, the fire rat robs. His long silver hair catching the new sun, his eyes glittering with some light emotion that Sesshoumaru couldn't name.
What would you say
If I asked you to stay?
The scent of raw meat and herbs filled the over white room as the brother shared a meal and InuYasha tried to make conversation; the odd endeavour not going well.
“Your gardens are great,” he commented and his brother gave a small nod, acknowledgment.
Moments past in relative silence before he said “Rin's getting worried about you, says you never sleep in so much,” and his brother raised an eyebrow.
This went on for the remainder of the meal after which the taiyokia swayed and stood, streamers of colour blurring his vision before InuYasha asked sharply “Where do you think your going?” his eye narrowing in warning.
“I have much work to do,” the lord said feeling obliged to explain to his baby brother as sweat broke out over his body before he asked, “Where are your friends?”
“Why do you wanna know?” came his brothers' caustic reply and he bit back a sigh, “I was merely inquiring for you are rarely so long away from your human pack.”
“…Kagome went home and the well lock up…she hasn't been able to get back,” InuYasha said his ears drooping at the thought of his love, “Miroku and Sango and the runt are here taking care of Rin.
“She has carers,” the lord stated flatly as he looked down at his brother who had grown while he'd been sleeping, not all that much but enough for him to notice.
“We know, but the humans wouldn't leave so I asked them to make sure your brat did get into any trouble; she's always is some mess,” InuYasha shrugged “And Shippo is about her age, a play mate to keep her entertained,”
“…Very well,” the lord said, “Come, let me show you were father spent much of his time here,” he said turning and leaving his room even as he took in the plainness of the room, a room he'd taken once he became lord. His childhood room, only three doors down from his fathers had held to many memories for him and he hadn't been able to cope with it.
“Lord Sesshoumaru!” a cheerful voice came as they left his chamber and they turned to see Rin and the remainder of InuYasha's pack coming down the hall, the children holding bunches of flowers in their small fingered hands.
“Rin,” he greeted as InuYasha crossed his arms and smirked at his friends.
“My lord it's good to see you up,” the monk said his eyes showing the proper respect.
“…Thank you, Rin, I'll be in my office should you need me,” Sesshoumaru said with a stiff nod before he turned and walked away.
“Later guys,” InuYasha said with a smirk before bounding after his brother.
What would you do
If I held you close?
InuYasha watched as Sesshoumaru signed another parchment on the low desk he was stationed behind, the large painting behind his lordly brother making his heartache.
Their father: Lord Inu no Tiosho and Sesshoumaru, how looked know older than 13, both straight faced though the artist had captured the look of love in their fathers golden orbs as he looked down on his only child at the time. The look of respect and affection in Sesshoumaru's though already chilly eyes.
“So, the old man sat around here a lot huh?” he asked and Sesshoumaru looked up his hand still scrolling his name on the parchment.
“Yes little brother,” Sesshoumaru said, “Father would spend many hours in here though he often complained about the duty,” his hand lifted and he made a small beconing motion with his long clawed hand. “Did your mother teach you anything when you were a child? Reading? Writing?” the lord asked as his dog-eared brother plopped down beside him.
“Sure, the basics,” InuYasha answered his eyes showing his caution at being so close to Sesshoumaru, and though he didn't show it the dog lord was hurt.
“That should be enough,” the lord said with a smirk before proceeding in teaching his baby brother and heir some of the basics.
What would you do
If I told you I've always been by your side?
InuYasha was biting his bottom lip when there was a rap on the sliding door to the room “Enter,” Sesshoumaru said a growling base in his voice that made InuYasha pierce his own flesh with a sharp fang.
Sliding the door open the young looking healer made her way into the room, the shrewd look in her eye telling both brother, one of which had only known her for a few weeks, that they were in for a lecture.
“My lords,” she murmured her head moving in a jerky, birdlike movement, “Yes, Taka?” Sesshoumaru replied watching the falcon demoness, her black eyes sharp as her long white and brown speckled hair fell over her shoulder.
“My lord InuYasha, did I not instruct you to keep your brother in his chambers, on his bed?” the bird woman chirped and InuYasha raised a brow, “You actually expect him to listen to me?” he asked his eyes showing his disbelief.
“Yes,” she replied blandly her eyes narrowing on the elder brother as he brushed a stray hair back over his shoulder. Those lush locks catching the light in the room, his face still too pail, though his eyes held that stubborn ice that she was used to.
“…Fool, Lord Sesshoumaru, you should be in bed,” she said and all he did was stare at her, so she continued, even if it embarrassed the lord before his younger sibling, “You could not have heal such a wound yet, no matter what you would have others believe. Even with the heat of your clan it would still take another few days before I would allow you to leave your room.”
“Heat of his clan?” InuYasha asked and her head jerked to look at him and he had that rabbit feeling, like he had to stay very still, barley allow himself to breath in hopes that she wouldn't notice him. It was a feeling that he didn't relish and so he glared at the woman his eyes defiant.
“The heat of his clan, his family, would speed up his wounds overmuch and thus allow the dog lord to be about his business sooner,” she claimed and Sesshoumaru just watched her. He knew all this but InuYasha did not and thus the information may come of use for the hanyou at a later date.
“…But I'm his only family,” InuYasha said tilting his head in a curiously canine like movement and she cracked a smirk, “I know,”
What would you do
If I asked you would you miss me should I die?
“You never told me,” InuYasha yelled at Sesshoumaru after the falcon left after a male falcon, a tercel named Sakai had collected her for an emergency.
“…” watching his brother with cold eyes Sesshoumaru waited for the ensuing explosion that always came with his baby brother, the young halfling having little control of his emotions.
“You could be all better by now!” the boy shouted and a crash can from the hallway, a servant obviously spooked by the suddenly shouting hanyou.
“It's because I'm a hanyou isn't it! Isn't it?” the boy screamed, “You couldn't bring yourself to ask a lowly, filthy mongrel like me, a stain on fathers name to help you! To lay beside you to help you heal!” he shouted.
“Enough,” Sesshoumaru hissed, standing before hr turned away from his brother, “You do not know my reasoning, you barely know me stupid boy,” he said turning to look at the younger brother that was staring at him with tears trying to form in his large, expressive eyes.
“I have never hated you, I have never thought you the things I called you, named you,” Sesshoumaru said coldly, “And had I known you would be so willing to help me I would have made the request. But I had thought that by now your hatred of me would be so deep seated and eternal that such a request would turn to naught but…” the lord stoped and shook his head, “it matters not, it is the past and I cannot change that.”
What would you do
If I held you to my chest and swore I would never let go?
Tension was high between the inu brothers that evening at diner, the first diner they had spent with their respective groups. Rin and Shippo telling their adoptive fathers about their days, and the mischief they'd gotten up to as the rest of the room felt the high strung emotions of the pair.
“Lord Sesshoumaru guess what I saw today!” Rin said with excitement as she remembered. Then not waiting for the answer she knew would never come she said “I saw a pretty lady in the gardens that looked a heap like you my lord!”
This caught the attention of the enter table who looked at the girl, Shippo, Sango and Miroku not remembering such an incident and they'd made sure nether child was out of the sight at any time. That just was asking for trouble.
“…Explain Rin,” Sesshoumaru murmured at the head of the table his long silver hair pooling behind him, his golden eyes gentle as they rested on the small human child.
“She was a little shorter than you, Sesshoumaru-sama, and she had long pretty silver hair and shiny gold eyes though not as pretty as yours or Lord InuYasha-san's, they had a slightly red tinge to them, orangeish!” she said once ordered to and Miroku knew they'd never seen the woman.
I wonder why she's lying to lord Sesshoumaru, he thought as the girl continued.
“She wore a pretty white kimono with scarlet strips like the ones on your cheeks though more jagged and she said to tell you she is very proud of you!” she said with a smile.
“Rin,” Sango abolished “Don't make up stories,” she said to the girl who looked up at her saying “But I did see her!”
“Ri- she began only to be cut off by the demon lord who spoke, “No slayer, it is you who is wrong, Rin you see is a medium,” making both humans eyes widen while InuYasha looked just plain confused.
“She can see and communicate with the dead,” he said for his younger siblings benefit before Miroku asked “Has she always been a…been able to?”
“No, after her own experience with death she was given the ability,” Sesshoumaru replied and Rin smiled up at him, adoration in her big brown eyes.
What would you do
If I told you I wanted to spend eternity at your side?
The day had ended and night had fallen on the palace, the moon now high in the sky and a tall, pail creature stood in a cluttered room filled with trinkets and paintings. a large four poster bed with its curtains open revealing the large, lush and expensive mound of pillows and abundance of furs and blankets, in the centre of the room.
“Sesshoumaru, what are you doing up?” InuYasha asked entering the room, his eyes widening at the sight of the moon lit room.
“Wow,” he whispered looking around, before he noticed a large painting of their father and the woman Rin had described at dinner and small child, no more than five between them with a sombre look on his youthful face.
“My mother, Lady Musou, fathers first mate,” Sesshoumaru said looking up at the large painting.
“She was beautiful,” InuYasha murmured looking at the painting of the slightly smiling woman who sat between the two males.
“Yes,” Sesshoumaru murmured his eyes holding a deep sorrow, “She died giving birth to a female child,” he said.
“We have a sister?” InuYasha asked, “Why haven't I ever met her?”
“She was still born,” Sesshoumaru replied looking down at InuYasha as InuYasha stared up at him.
You would run…so far and I would never see you again, wouldn't you?
End and watch out of the next instalment, In My Dreams.
Hoped you liked it.
Review Please!