InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Still Water Runs Deep ❯ In My Dreams ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha, and the characters therein, are the property of Rumiko Takahashi. I am in no way affiliated with Takahashi, or VIZ Productions. I make no profit from this or any other fanfiction.
Just a quick apology for the last episodes odd formatting, the site did something to change the way I'd done it. AndPeople Reviews are wonderful things! Write me some, I like knowing what you my readers think, all other writers/artists should know the satisfaction of feedback from someone viewing your stuff.
 
~*~*~*~
In my dreams…
You're ways there
 
Staring down at his elder brother who slept next to him on the large futon InuYasha couldn't help the smile, after all these years, he was only now getting to know the one person he would have sworn he'd known better than anyone else. But what made his want to laugh the most was the way the dog lord had just fallen to sleep and curled against him without hesitation.
The first deep sleep he'd ever witnessed his brother in that had nothing to do with a very strong drug that Taka had told him to never use because it would kill him and almost anyone else. Though she'd explained when he'd frowned at her, wondering why if it would kill then why was she using it on an already half dead demon? That Sesshoumaru being a taiyokia meant that he was immune to nearly all drugs and poisons which meant that when it came to healing there was often little they could do for him to stop the pain.
Big downer for a Big high.
But then that was the way of things.
He with all his own strength had moments when he was weak, namely the moonless night.
His human night.
“InuYasha,” Sesshoumaru breathed in his sleep pressing closer to his younger siblings warmth out of instinct and InuYasha out of instinct more than thought wrapped his arm around his elder brother.
“I'm so sorry,” his brother murmured and InuYasha watched him intently, his brother nearly always talked in his sleep, it was funny, because when conscious you where lucky to get a sentence out of the lord.
“For what?” InuYasha asked and Sesshoumaru frowned shifting again, this time tucking his head in the crock of InuYasha's neck mumbling incoherently.
“Fine, don't answer,” InuYasha whispered yawning before following his brother into the world of nod.
 
In my dreams…
You always care
 
The warmth of his brothers body seemed to influence his dream for he found himself surrounded by the elder brother, soaring through the sky, stars dotting the inky mass and the moon looked huge and almost unreal.
“Where are we going?” he asked and Sesshoumaru looked down at him with a smile, love and pride in his eyes, “You'll see”.
“What do you mean?”
“Listen,”
A chirping sound reached his ears, the sound of water hitting water and the wind seemed to carry a song, the words wrapping around them, making the dream even more unreal.
“What do you want from me?” he asked his brother as they landed in the middle of a huge lake, a small island covered in blood red flowers and thick rich grass, a waterfall and a few trees. A magical place he was sure had never existed.
“Sesshoumaru,” he gasped as said demon pulled him even closer, so their faces were nearly touching.
“InuYasha,”
“InuYasha”
“InuYasha wake up,” Taka's voice broke his dream, shattering it into a million fragments and the hanyou sat up, instantly wide awake.
“God, you sleep as deep as you brother…almost,” she said looking down at the slumbering demon at his side who still slept, his scarlet eyelids closed, his breathing deep and rhythmic.
“What do you want?” he snapped annoyed he'd been woken.
“I must speak with you,” she murmured.
He waited and she shook her head, “Not in here, we might wake my lord Sesshoumaru, and that is never a good idea…unless you're suicidal.”
“No, we'll talk here,” InuYasha said having an exceedingly bad feeling.
She frowned at him obviously not liking that, her black eyes flickering from his to the sleeping lord and she sighed.
“Fine, one of the guards me reported a foreign demon, of unknown origan and intent on the west side of the palace and wish to know how to proceed, capture and interrogate or hunt and kill?” she asked.
“Why are you asking me?” InuYasha asked scowling even more.
“Because, you are the heir to the west and the lord is indisposed,” she said calmly.
“…”
“Look, I have no wish to wake your brother and normally he takes care of such things himself,” she said her head doing that birdlike jerk again. “As in confronts the demon himself, he does not trust easily so I go to you to ask what to do and seeing as to how I do not think the lord in a battle right now would be…prudent,” she said.
 
In my dreams…
Why do you always seem so far away?
 
InuYasha sighed as he rushed through the foliage on the West Side of the palace a bad feeling settling in his gut as he went to check out the `foreign' demon that had the healer worried. His instincts telling him that this was a trap, not for him but his brother, which didn't really make sense because he was almost positive that no mater the threat his big brother could take care of it.
A chill went down his spine and he froze as pain ripped threw him, not his pain…someone else's… “Sesshoumaru!” he cried turning and rushing back to his brother, a brother he'd always said he'd hated.
Yet never had.
Had always claimed to wish dead.
Yet every time he's given the chance to take that final blow he walked away.
A brother he had loved since he'd seen him that day.
Flash Back
Running as fast as he could he looked over his shoulder, his eyes wide with fear as he saw how close the demons were, their different coloured skins looking sickly in the moon light that streamed threw the canopy above.
The wind hitting his face and bringing with it another demonic scent, this one strangely familiar yet at the same time completely foreign. Whipping his head forward he saw a stunning being with hair as pail as his own, eyes that glowed in the twilight of the forest, his ghostly garments making him seem more otherworldly than the creatures behind the small hanyou.
He tripped and fell before the icy `god' though the scent he carried screamed canine, dog demon. “Pathetic,” the creature murmured his voice a hiss of displeasure as InuYasha looked up his ears pressing flat into his long, matted dirty snow coloured hair.
“Honourless cowards,” the man before his seethed a glowing green whip flashing out, the cries of the creatures behind him and the thuds as they hit the floor scaring him and yet he was happy for their deaths. Glade it had been they not he who had fallen as his mother had.
And by the time he'd scrambled to his feet the white being was already walking away, his footsteps barely registering in the young hanyous hearing. “Wait!” he called and the being paused though didn't turn, “Thank you! I'm InuYasha, if I see you again what do I call you?” he asked, his voice holding hope.
“Sesshoumaru, I am Sesshoumaru,”
 
In my dreams…
You say sweet words.
The scent of blood filled his lungs as he raced into the lords chamber, his blade drawn only to find it empty of any attacker or his brother, the sheets and futon coated in the deep red liquid his brother couldn't afford to lose.
“Fuck!” he swore.
Again I apologies for any formatting errors.
Hoped you like the chapter.
Peace out
(>^.^>)(<^.^>)(<^.^<)