InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Storm of Emotions ❯ chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of its Characters. Please Keep this in mind for all chapters in this story. Thanks and Enjoy!

Sequel to Bleeding Hearts. I recommend reading it before hand!


Storm of Emotions
Chapter 1

*Flashback*

“Well, Kagome, I was wondering... if you... ummmm, I was wondering.” He was having a great deal of trouble trying to get the words out.

“ Oh damn.” cursing, he took a deep breath and grasped both her hands. “Mmm.. .mm...m.... Mate!” Was all he could manage.

“Inuyasha? Are you asking me to be your mate?” Kagome smiled and giggled at his nervous state. When he simply nodded and still avoided her gaze, she laughed once more and answered with a kiss.

The two were so caught up with each other that they failed to hear the arrival of some very happy friends. Kaede, Miroku, Sango, Kirara, and Shippo had made it just in time to hear the proposal and witnessed the very passionate answer.

“Kagome!” Shippo shouted as he rushed towards the pair.

The sun crested the tops of the trees to shed its rays of light on the festive nature of the individuals below. If any of the birds chirping in the trees could be classified as on lookers, they would have gotten a good laugh at the scene below. A beautiful young miko embraced the taijiya as an angry hanyou chased a mischievous monk and kitsune around a small well. An old women simply smiled and looked to the sky to enjoy the birth of a new day and the coming to pass of two incomplete lives.


Kagome awoke in the early morning inside of Kaede's small hut the following day. Yesterday had been one of the happiest moments in her life. Inuyasha had finally confessed his love and had even went as far as asking her to be his mate. She wasn't exactly sure what that was, but it had to be good. She assumed that it was equivalent to him being her boyfriend now. It didn't really matter what he called it.

Yesterday had been so very delightful. After being caught in a rather romantic embrace, Inuyasha had spend the first moments of their arrival seeking retribution from Miroku and Shippo. That had given her time to share in her excitement with her best friend Sango. One 'SIT' later, Inuyasha had been brought to a halt before he could harm Miroku too badly.

The group had made their way back to the village and spent it leisurely together. Kagome had slipped home in the afternoon, to change from her silk dress and pack for another extended period of time in the feudal era. She had finally given up on her school uniform, as she had managed to destroy no less than twenty. Considering that it was fall, she had packed mainly jeans and tight fitting sweaters. She had purchased a nice pair of short topped hiking boots that were much more durable than her last pair of shoes. She had given up on packing her books with her mainly because there was never time to study anyhow. This left more room for medical supplies and conveniences like a thin sleeping bag and bathing supplies, not to mention ramen. Kagome also remembered to throw in her digital camera, and one of the photo albums she had recently finished. She wanted to show Sango all of the photo's from their previous travels.

When she returned, Inuyasha was waiting for her and helped her lift the heavy bag out of the well. It seemed so strange now. Instead of grumbling about how long she had taken, he was very bashful. All he had done was smile at her, thrown the back pack over his shoulder and grasped her hand. They had walked in silence, hand in hand, back to the village.

Followingtheir arrival, Kaede had treated them to a tasty home cooked meal. Then, gathered around the fireplace, Kagome had pulled out her photo album. They had all spent the remainder of the evening laughing and reminiscing about incidences the photo's had captured. She had fallen asleep with Shippo in her arms, Inuyasha sitting along one wall, keeping an eye on his new found family.

She stretched and quietly left the hut, careful not to wake anyone else. Noticing upon waking that Inuyasha was not inside, she had ventured towards the tree she knew he would be at. The sun still hadn't crested the horizon, so it was still rather dark. Kagome had to look very intently at the branches above her to try and spot the demon. She was still trying to find him when she felt a slight breeze blow past her face. Warm hands came to rest around her waste.

“EEEEEEEE!” Kagome let out a short squeal in surprise.

“Jeez Kagome, it's just me!”

“Inuyasha, you scared me.” Kagome was trying to calm herself when suddenly she was lifted high into the branches above her.

Inuyasha sat upon the thick branch and leaned his back against the trunk. He settled his miko so that she was sitting between his legs, her back resting on his chest. The top of her head came to just below his chin, allowing him to rest his head upon hers if he so chose. He wrapped his arms around her, ensuring that she would not fall. Since confessing his feelings towards her and her agreeing to be his mate, the desire to protect her had grown even stronger. His thoughts now centered entirely on her well being. He wanted her to stay safe, unharmed, warm and comfortable. All these needs were suddenly pushed forward when she had kissed him as an answer to his question. How could he, a mere half demon, have been so lucky to have a woman like Kagome love him.?

Kagome was still really confused about the sudden transformation in Inuyasha. He had always shown concern for her, but never affection. Now, for the second time he had displayed such feelings. First at the well and now he had wrapped her snuggly in his embrace and seemed content just to hold her.

Kagome was busy trying to figure out the recent changes, when a sharp and stunning ray of light crested the hills upon the horizon. The sun had begun its slow climb into the blue sky.

“Wow, its beautiful.” she gasped.

“Mmm, you think so?” Inuyasha whispered to her, sending shivers down her spine.

“Are you cold Kagome?” He inquired as he shifted her slightly, allowing him to draw her in closer and embrace her tighter.

“Oh, no. I'm fine Inuyasha really!” She sent a stunning smile his way before turning to watch the rest of the sunrise.

The sun was fully in the sky, causing vibrant shades of red, orange, and yellow to flow softly over the landscape. She sighed and then finally broke the comfortable silence that had engulfed the pair.

“Inuyasha?”

“Yeah. What?” He replied

“How long do you think it will take for us to defeat Naraku?” She questioned, snuggling into his warm embrace.

Inuyasha thought for a moment, “I''m not sure. The jewel only has a few shards remaining. I know of three of the shards that he doesn't have, four if you include Kohoku. I'm not sure if we'll beat him before he gets those or what. It could take a few days, or maybe even a few years.”

“Years huh?” She replied.

“Yeah.” Inuyasha was a little puzzled at her question. “Why?”

“Oh it doesn't matter! We should probably get back to the others. Don't you think?”

“Yeah I guess.” He picked her up very gently and leaped from the branches of the old tree.

The voices of Miroku, Sango, and Kaede greeted them as they neared the hut. Kagome smiled when Inuyasha finally let go of her hand. “Well I guess he's still not going to do any public displays of affection. Not that I blame him. Miroku would have a hay day with that!”

“Kagome!” Shippo's ecstatic voice greeted the pair as they entered.


In the distance, a pair of red eyes watched the priestess and half demon closely. It did not miss the display of affection that pair had shown each other. A slight laughter was heard in the breeze as the eyes faded with the rise of bright sun. A malice like no other was about to descend upon the group. Would the bond between the new lovers be strong enough to weather the storm?

&&&&&&&&&&&
The group had spent that day preparing for their journey ahead. The following morning, they set out in search on Naraku and the remaining jewel shards. They all stepped lightly at the prospect of another adventure. They had been traveling all morning and stopped along a river to have a quick lunch. Kagome set about gathering water for her instant noodles, while Sango and Shippo started a small cooking fire. As Kagome finished filling the kettle, she felt the presence of some jewel shards approaching. A whirlwind was closing in on them quickly so Inuyasha drew his sword and stood protectively in front of Kagome. He soon found himself lying on the ground, the stench of wolf filling his nostrils with every breath.

“Kagome, my dear. You look well. How has that dog been treating you?” Koga was up to his old antics, grasping Kagome's hands in his, he waited patiently for Inuyasha to start barking at him.

“Oh, I'm fine Koga!” Kagome smiled sweetly at her friend.

“Why you ARROGANT ASS! Take your hands of my MATE!” Inuyasha shouted in a fit of rage.

Kagome was shocked at the anger Inuyasha was displaying. Normally these two scrapped, but Inuyasha's response to Koga was different this time. Plus, what was all this shouting about Mate? What the hell was with that word? It made her feel like an animal. Couldn't he just refer to her as his girlfriend like normal guys would.

Koga released her hands to look at the enraged dog demon before him. “You mated her! When I left you at the well, I said don't screw it up. I didn't say you could claim her! I'm gonna kick your ass! Does Kagome even know what she has gotten herself into?” Koga turned to sniff Kagome, which only managed to elicited a scream from her.

“Koga, what are you doing?” She squealed, not liking the way he was smelling her all over.

“KOGA! GET AWAY FROM KAGOME.” Inuyasha vibrated with anger as he watched the wolf youkai smell his mate.

“HAAAA. You lier. Kagome's scent hasn't changed one bit. You haven't mated her yet. That means I still have a chance.”

“Mated?” Kagome whispered softly in confusion. Koga's words made it sound really dirty. She looked over at Sango and Miroku. Sango simply shrugged her shoulders and looked as confused as she did. Miroku was trying the same look, but Kagome could tell by the glint in his eye that he know just a little more the Sango and her.

“Feh, not yet, but I will very soon. Kagome has already agreed. Now back away from her.” Inuyasha took this opportunity to steady the Tessaiga and take deadly aim at Koga.

“Fat chance dog boy. I'm still not satisfied at your ability to make Kagome happy. I think I'll be hanging around to keep an eye on you.” He grinned mischievously at the enraged hanyou.

What are they talking about? It's like they've been referring to some deep and intense conversation they've had. I don't understand this 'mate' thing. Why would I smell different because I'm dating Inuyasha?” Kagome deliberated trying to comprehend everything that was going on around her. She noticed that the air around her was quickly filling with a great deal of tension. “Time to end this stupid fighting between these two.”

Koga, maybe its best if you let Inuyasha cool off a bit.” Kagome smiled her sweetest smile trying to persuade the youkai to continue on his way.

“Kagome. Stop flirting with that wolf.” Inuyasha was frustrated by the fact that Kagome always gave that damn wolf her best smiles. She was too damn nice to that youkai for his liking. “I gave you a chance to leave wolf, now you're going down.”

“SIT BOY!”

A small cloud of dust rose from where the hanyou had made contact with the very hard ground. She heard his protest and groans, but focused on getting Koga out of there.
“It was so nice to see you again Koga. Please say hello to everyone for me when you see them. Take care now!” She again used the power of her smile to force her will upon her admirer.

“Alright Kagome, I will. Just remember...” he again grasped her hands and pulled her close. As he gazed down into her beautiful eyes, he was saddened at the thought of never being able to have her as his own. He knew now of Inuyasha's intent and would not keep the two apart. He knew that Kagome would be happy now, for youkai only took one for a mate. Once mated, that bond would be for all time. Kagome would no longer be hurt by the prospect of another coming between herself and the hanyou she cared about. He wanted to hold her in his embrace one last time while he still had the chance. He wrapped one arm around her was, still holding the other to his chest. “Remember Kagome, if you ever have need of me, I will come no matter what.”

“DAMN IT KOGA!” The groaning hanyou struggled to his feet.

“SIT BOY!” Kagome yelled, slowly prying herself from Koga's loving embrace.

“That's very thoughtful of you Koga. I'll keep that in mind. Take care.” she had finally freed herself and was waving as the whirlwind disappeared out of site.

“Kagome, why the hell do you always take his side? Your my mate now, he has no right touching you!” Inuyasha was steaming as he brushed the dirt off of his cloths.

“What do you mean? It wasn't as if I was begging him too! God! And I'll decide who has the right.....” Kagome was cut off by a Inuyasha's rampage.

“Like hell you didn't beg! Batting your eyes like that and smiling. You sure didn't try to avoid him!” He barked, still glaring at her.

“Inuyasha!” Kagome exclaimed smiling sweetly.

Inuyasha was caught off guard by her suddenly display of affection. But as suddenly as it appeared, it vanished.

“SIT BOY!! SIT, SIT, SIT, SIT!” Kagome screamed, then turned to stomp off.

“Why the nerve of that......” was all the group heard her muttering to herself as she went to pout on a large rock a little was down the bank of the river.

Miroku was chuckling to himself when as he wandered over to the crater Inuyasha was currently inhabiting. The hanyou was spitting the dirt out of his mouth when he squatted down to offer some friendly advice. He found Inuyasha's lack of judgment to be highly amusing. Any bystander could have seen all those sits coming. Miroku shook his head. “He just never knows when to quit!” Reaching into the hole, he offered his hand in assistance to the hanyou.

“Perhaps I should go talk to her Inuyasha. I believe that she may have some misconceptions about how youkai bond with another. I will explain it to her, before you get yourself sat into oblivion.”

“Feh, whatever!” Inuyasha preferred to sit cross legged with arms folded, staring out at the river. “I'm not gonna go talk to her now!” He fixed his gaze on the scenery before him, still fuming about what had just transpired.

Sango approached the monk, cautiously eying Inuyasha, fearing an out lash that could follow.

“Miroku” whispering low, she continued. “Do you actually know about all this 'Mate' talk?”

“Why my dear Sango,” Spotting the crater, he paused in his train of thought and changed course, not wanting to provoke Sango's rage. “Umm, yes, I do know about youkai bonding rituals. I will have to first determine Kagome's thoughts on the matter. Perhaps you had best stay with Inuyasha and keep an eye on him.”

Sango simply nodded and observed the monk make his way over to the boulder Kagome was perched on. As she watched, she could see Kagome answering the monk's questions, all the while the grin on Miroku's face broadening, leading her to worry somewhat. Soon, Miroku was using hand gestures to explain the rituals. Sango could see Kagome turning a deeper shade of red with every word the monk spoke. Soon she was fidgeting nervously with her hands.

Inuyasha was not oblivious to the conversation occurring just out of ears reach. He had ceased staring out at the river and had stole quick glimpses of the pair. His ears twitched rapidly, trying to hear what was been said.

“EEEEEEEE! What?” Kagome screamed.

Inuyasha was quickly at her side, glaring at the perverted monk. He suspected that the lecher had stole a feel on the unsuspecting girl. Before he could beat the monk, Miroku raised a hand, signaling him to stop. Inuyasha then turned to gaze upon his beloved and found that she was a deep shade of red and avoiding eye contact. Inuyasha sent the lecherous monk a look of confusion.

“It seems there has been some confusion. Inuyasha come with me while I explain to you some of the rituals of Kagome's time.” Miroku led the unsuspecting half demon back to their original campsite.