InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Storybook Ending ❯ Stories ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fandom: YuYu Hakusho & Inuyasha
Pairing: Kagome/Kurama(Yoko)
Rating: PG-13/15
Genre: Angst/Romance
Warning: Language
Summary: It's been three years since the battle with Naraku and Kagome has come home. To stay. She has not said a word about the battle, her voice leaving her. She had come back without a scratch on her, the shikon gone from it's place on her neck. Inuyasha had promised her a storybook ending. But he took it back. He took it all away from her. Everything.
Beta: None
Don't like, Don't read, Don't bitch. Period.
Storybook Ending
SilverYoko
The roughness of the cloth soothed her aching soul. The water lapped at her sides, tickling her sensitive skin. The bubbles were dissipating quickly, leaving just a white edge to her skin. Her fingers were soft and prune like. She had lost track of how long she had let herself soak in the tub.
This was the last year for her. After this she'd go to college in the states and take up writing. She'd write about her adventures in the Feudal Era and the great people she had met. And those that she had lost. She'd leave the shattered life here behind and start anew.
A small smile made it's way to her lips as her nose crinkled in merriment. She could hear the puppy scratching at the door and making small whining and snuffing noises.
She had found the animal in a box in the road two weeks ago. It's was mix breed that much showed, it looked slightly like it had rot or pit bull within it but it was hard to tell. Convincing was needed to make her mother let her keep the puppy. The vet bills had been outrageous, the puppy extremely malnourished and emaciated. He was infested with fleas and ticks, causing him to become anemic due to lack of blood.
She had felt horrible for the animal and her heart was immediately captured. He was still recovering, just now learning how to walk. He seemed happy all the time, just content to forget about the past and live in the here and now.
Just like me...
The washcloth stopped it's movement along her leg, her head leaning backwards to rest against the back of the tub. The water was becoming chilly but her body wasn't done relaxing yet.
I wonder...how they are...do they miss me...do they regret what has happened...or do they think they did the right thing...do they even care...?
Pulling the chain drawn, with her toe, she shook her head gently.
I promised myself once I came back that I would not allow myself to dwell on such meaningless thoughts. What's done is done and what has happened is now forever etched into the stone tablet of time.
The white, fluffy towel felt wonderful to her body gently caressing her skin. She sighed in happiness, flipping her hair over and twisting the other towel around it. The mirror was covered in steam, obscuring her image. The water droplets that slid down the length of the mirror made tiny patterns on the glass.
Sucking in her lip she wiped the mirror clean, checking her teeth and tongue. The blow dryer was sitting haphazardly on the corner of the sink, the wire everywhere. Under normal circumstances she didn't blow dry her hair, she let it dry naturally but she was in a rush today. After three years she had finally gotten it down. She could get up early enough she had time for a relaxing bath and make it to school on time.
The school's uniform was the same as it had been for the past three or four years. Though her school was integrated with another school this year. From what she heard all it was made up of was delinquents.
The name `Yusuke' has been whispered quite a lot. Almost like he's revered as a god at his school, everyone kept saying he died then came back to life. But that couldn't be possible without the shikon shards could it? Or...is there some other way in this time that I know nothing of? If so what kind of danger does that put humans in? I know demons still exist. I can still sense their aura. But it doesn't make sense for people to go to his funeral then this guy come back to life all of the sudden. The demons that exist now are peaceful...at least the ones I've met. I've heard that the demon and human world had been split so that each coexisted on their own...but the demon world, this Makai, is only told as legends and nothing else. It's like it doesn't exist anymore, or it never existed to begin with...I wonder when demons were wiped from the books of history. I wonder if we'd be much safer, if no one would go missing if everyone knew about the other worlds. Or would that just be a life of panic and disorder? Could humans learn to coexist with demons peacefully? ...no...I've seen what happens to those who dare to be friendly with humans. It seems that humans are a doomed race, I would really like to know about Makai though. I want to know if it exists...if they survived. I know that Sango and Miroku will be dead now...that I'll never see them again but I must know...I cannot leave things like this.
Her bookbag wasn't as heavy as it used to be. She had managed to catch up somewhat in her classes and was now holding steady with the decent grades she once had. She had managed to make a few new friends as well as some old ones. When she returned, without her voice, it had been hard to come up with a reason as to why she could no longer speak but in the end they settled with something went wrong during tonsil surgery.
She had not learned sign language. Kagome remained steadfast that she would get her voice back one day and so she just carried a whiteboard with her. Some didn't believe the excuse that was given, namely Ayame, Yuki, and Eiri. They had seen the change in her eyes and in her personality.
They blamed it all on Inuyasha.
And the ironic thing is they have no idea how right they are...
She just smiled and took everything in stride like normal with her friends. Not denying or affirming anything. In time her whole life went back to normal, she tried dating Hojo but it hurt too much to date. She didn't feel right dating him when her heart belonged to another.
The school loomed ahead, she wasn't yet used to how much the structure had been forced to change. With more kids coming they added a new wing over summer break and gave it a new coat of paint.
`A New Start' they had called it. They wanted the new kids coming to feel at home for their last year at school and had changed everything so everyone was equally confused. That didn't mean they made better food though.
Giving a cheery wave to Ayame, who jogged up to her and started chatting right away about school or some boy (she was only vaguely listening). Every day was the same. Nothing really changed in sense of timing or routine. It was a droll routine she had come to hate yet come to treasure. Because now she knew how easily something that you take for granted can be torn away painfully. By those that you trust the most.
She ran a hand shakily through her hair, she hadn't grown at all and she still stood at about five feet three inches. Meaning all the guys in the school were unbelievably taller than her and didn't stop when they were almost running her over.
Her attention was quickly grabbed when she heard shouting to her right, and a slew of curses. She had to bite back a whimper as red hair came into view. She knew that it was too crimson to be her Shippo's but it didn't stop her from hurting anymore.
“Goddammit what is the point of coming here anyway! It's not like I'm fuckin' going to college anyway! I just got back from Makai why can't I get a damn break? They can't just up and change everything while I'm gone then expect me to go with it!”
“Calm down Yusuke, please you're making people stare...”
“Shut it Kurama! You should know by now I don't care!”
“Yusuke shut up! Whether you like it or not being gone for three years has made things change! The school has every right to do what they want and because they decided to move us to this school we have no choice but to go with it!”
Kayko Yukimura scolded her boyfriend harshly as she tried to get him from yelling so loud. Almost half the school yard was staring at them and she was getting a couple of nasty looks.
“Listen! If you want to have a good year here then we need to try and make friends and at least make it to school more than once a week.”
Her last comment was aimed at Yusuke who was leaning back in the grass kicking Kazuma. The peaceful redhead beside her was trying to calm them all down (Kayko not knowing how loud she was being).
His nose twitched slightly, he could smell jasmine and the scent of the earth before a thunderstorm. He knew that. He was almost positive, the back of his mind tingling.
It must've been something from my Yoko form...it's not like he was ever used to going to bed alone.
His mind wasn't sated though. This familiar smell was something important to his other side and Yoko was raging that Suichi couldn't remember what it was. His body ached to turn around, Yoko trying to gain control and see who it was, but he forced himself to stay facing away from the smell.
I am leaving my past behind Yoko. I will not have anything else to do with people from your past. This is my life now.
Just you wait boy. When you die it is my time to come out and then you will be forced to live within this hellish mind.
Smiling nervously as Ayame fretted over her she waved her friend's concern off. The redhead had reminded her of someone. She couldn't remember who but it did and she knew unless she figured it out it would bug her until she did. She could swear, though, that she saw another form within the human one.
His aura isn't completely human...it's like another soul is there bubbling just beneath the surface. And that fluctuation of power just now...what was that?
After she had gotten back from the Feudal Era she had trained herself, through books and random mikos, and had taken on exorcist jobs learning how to get better control of her powers.
Just in case...in case they come back...I don't want to be powerless once again. I won't lose to them this time...but...can I really do it? Will I choke in the face of my enemy? It's all my fault...how could...
Shaking her head harshly she had to run a bit to catch up with Ayame who didn't notice she was gone this time.
I want to know who that redhead was...but...something seems off about him...I don't get a good feeling about him. It's almost...like someone else's aura I know...
“Kagome come on!”
Rolling her eyes she grinned at Yuki who was waving frantically. She often wondered if her hand would fly off one of these days. Both Yuki and her had the first two mods together and the rest she was away from her friends. They all shared the same lunch though which made school easier for them all.
Her books were thrown into her locker, as she tugged the things she needed out. She shared her locker with Eiri and the girl wasn't as tidy as she looked.
“Kag did you see the new kids?”
Shaking her head `no', even though Yuki wasn't looking at her (meaning she knew that Kag hadn't) she lengthened her strides to keep up.
“They are gorgeous! That Yusuke has a girlfriend though, Kayko something or other, and the one with orangish hair, Kazuma I think they called him, is okay looking. I mean he seems to have a good heart and is very muscular, he isn't that great to look at though. But the redhead Suichi has the most amazing emerald eyes. Any girl would be jealous of the way he looks! His hair is so beautiful too, I've never seen that shade of red before. I wonder if he dies his hair-?”
This was the point where Kagome finally tuned out, nodding now and then when she thought appropriate. Yuki could go on forever about guys and looks, Kagome had been victim to that more than once. But at least she got the name of the boy all she had to do now was get his last name and find some way to broach the topic of the other side of him she saw.
Easier said than done.
A/N: Just an idea that came up, I want to know if I should continue with it or not (I needed to write angst because someone made me sad xP). Reviews are greatly appreciated.