InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Storybook Ending ❯ Rembering the Past ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fandom: YuYu Hakusho & Inuyasha
Pairing: Kagome/Kurama(Yoko)
Rating: PG-13/15
Genre: Angst/Romance
Warning: Language
Summary: It's been three years since the battle with Naraku and Kagome has come home. To stay. She has not said a word about the battle, her voice leaving her. She had come back without a scratch on her, the shikon gone from its place on her neck. Inuyasha had promised her a storybook ending. But he took it back. He took it all away from her. Everything.
Beta: None
Don't like, Don't read, Don't bitch. Period.
Storybook Ending
SilverYoko (fanfiction.net)/XShadowWolfX (Adultfanfiction)
+++
She had found out, the hard way, that the boy named Yusuke was in the first three of her classes. Immediately he had gotten on her nerves, ignoring the fact he was throwing eraser bits at her and Ayame, and she had to grit her teeth to keep from throwing the white eraser board at him.
I need it…just remember that I need the damned thing.
She ran an irritated hand through her hair. It was the last class she had with him which was cooking and real world applications. The only sane person in the class was the red head, Suuichi, who was trying to calm down Yusuke and some girl named Kayko. No one she recognized was in the class which left her with little option when it came to pairing up with people.
Yusuke had immediately written her off as rude when she hadn't answered Kayko. Then, and only then; she swore, she gave into the impulse of throwing the white board. She had smiled in satisfaction as it thunked off his head and stuck out her tongue at him; which her teacher had promptly explained that she was mute for fear of the fight between the two escalating.
It seems that even all the teachers know about this Yusuke buffoon. It may prove to be an interesting year but that is the last thing I need, or want, right now.
He had settled down slightly only grumbling now as the teacher tried to keep her calm and go on explaining what they would be doing throughout the year. Many a time she heard a snort of irritation behind her and the sound of flesh hitting flesh, the old smile of satisfaction reappearing. She would have much to tell Yuki about her `hot' Yusuke.
Idly her fingers had tapped on the desk, her mind wandering as the explanations droned on. She wasn't anywhere near a window this year so she couldn't get away with looking outside. Instead her mind went over the puppy and ways she could get her mother to let her keep him. Buyo was getting old and more irritable in her age, though that was a lame excuse since the female calico was only five.
Sota was an ally; he wanted the puppy almost as much as she did. She could always play on her mother's guilt and say the puppy was so much like her but she knew that her own guilt would eat away at her.
She could feel eyes on her. The hair on the back of her neck rose and she felt her miko aura soar. She flinched trying to calm herself down. The youkai within her time were far and few in between. Humans showed up every now and then with the power of a youkai but it was so watered down they couldn't even be called a hanyou. So there was nothing to worry about. Right?
Right! So…all I need to do is turn and look them in the face. I surv—I stood against Naraku for almost three years. I can face this. Stop being stupid!
Nodding mentally she clenched her jaw tilting her head to the side slightly, looking out of the corner of her eye. Her breathing halted. There it was again. The image of the…demon?
But he couldn't be…there is no way. His aura is human. His speech pattern and way of living are so humanized and comfortable. No self respecting youkai would allow himself to be kept within a human skin…and actually enjoy it. Would they? Or have times changed that much in five hundred years? I've heard of Koenma's new portal guards but it seems they either aren't doing their job or they aren't strong enough to keep the level A class and higher out of Ningenkai. What a comforting thought.
She wrinkled her nose at him. Glaring before turning back around. Men were nothing but trouble. And mix it with a demon's blood you only got heartache and betrayal. She was stupid enough to follow her heart before but she wouldn't make that mistake again.
The taste of her own stupidity was bitter on her tongue. It coated her whole mouth and left her wanting to spit. She hadn't thought anything in the world was cruel when she entered the Feudal Era. She was all smiles and even in the harshest of times she stood fast and was there as a pillar for those of her friends that needed her strength the most.
She had forgotten about her own happiness though. So wrapped up in everyone else's lives she hadn't been able to concentrate on what was important in her life. And she had paid dearly for it. Things that were so blindingly clear now where covered in a thick layer of muck back then. She had let them pass right over her senses as she held her childhood fantasies of a happy ending.
Don't you know, all fairy tales tell a lie?
The thought made her cringe in shame. Of course she knew it. But she knew it far too late to do any good. She was so used to everything turning out okay, the occasional scrapped knee nothing compared to what came after it.
Regardless of how I used to be I should've been able to see through all the deception. I wasn't that stupid before. Maybe a bit uneducated in those certain aspects but that doesn't excuse the behavior. I'm so used to the fairy tales of our times having so many happy endings that I forgot in the real world it doesn't happen that way. It never has. So why? Why did it take that moment in time to wake me up? Why was I able to see then what was going on and was going to take place? Was I really that naïve all along? I went through so much hell to become stronger and when I really needed it, it seemed to fail me. I trained so hard and worked to prove him wrong, to prove him I was worthy of his love…but none of it paid off. Anywhere. In the end or in the beginning. In the battles against the lesser youkai and against Naraku. Was everything just a waste of my time? Or did I miss some fatal flaw…but I shouldn't be dwelling on this now. I need to worry about the future and not the past. Naraku isn't dead. None of them are. I have to worry about the damage they may cause on the future now.
The bell had rung leaving her scrambling to get her things before she was late for her next class. Somehow her stuff had gotten scattered all over the aisle way and she had no doubt in her mind that Yusuke had kicked it when he walked by.
Spiteful bastard.
She let out a silent cry of pain as she rammed into a hard body. Her nose immediately smarting horribly and her eyes stinging with tears caused from it. She was trying to pin a watery glare, or even see who, on the one that had been in her way.
That was an after effect of the Feudal Era. She no longer cared what others thought about, or of, her. She had been left bitter and jaded for being so young and her changed personality reflected it.
“I'm very sorry; I wasn't watching where I was going. Forgive me…?”
Her spine stiffened at the voice. Where her anger had been she only wanted to cover her face with her books and slink away so she could avoid dealing with him. But of course it wasn't that easy for her now.
She scribbled her name on the white board. Thrusting it at him quickly, before pulling it back and grabbing the small pile of books she had. She owed him no favors so if he couldn't read it that quickly then she could let him find it out from Yuki. She had no doubt in her mind that her friend would be after the lithe red head.
 
 
Kurama was left a little dumbfounded by the nature in which he had been treated. The white board had smacked his chest before he had even had the chance to try and glance what was written in red.
~~You're getting lame in your years boy~~
++Not now Yoko. It's not as if you were doing anything to turn up the charm either. I was only apologizing for running into her. Not trying to seduce her++
~~You wouldn't succeed in seducing anyonelet alone that she-devil. I, on the other hand, never had this problem~~
++Forgive me for not being a man whore such as yourself Yoko, but I am not considered something sore to look at among the humans++
~~Human females are disgusting. Why waste your time on them? They are only about manners and no kisses on first dates, and make you wait years before sex can even come in the picture. Such fragile creatures, not even worth a fu--~~
++Enough! We have seen what happens to those I get close to. Do you not remember what happened to Maya[1]? I will not repeat that. And I do not want to hear about how fragile human females are. For having such a reputation as being untouchable you sure seem to enjoy being touched, as well as the aspect of touching++
He had picked up on how Yoko didn't deny the man whore comment. He ignored him even, but he could feel the bristling of Yoko's fur. A slight wave of satisfaction rose within his breast at this thought. It took much to rile the kitsune but he hardly had the energy to even try.
~~Fool, we are sensual creatures by nature. We crave the caress of any touch, male or female as long as our desire can be sated. Did you not notice how sensitive the base where you tail should be? Can you imagine how much more sensitive it is if you actually have a tail there? Or the ears atop my head? They are there for a reason ningen~~
He wanted to laugh at how uppity Yoko was sounding, but he had to admit the base where his tail would've been was very sensitive indeed. He also knew, from Yoko of course, that when highly aroused and with a partner they wish to be with again they had a pheromone that would be excreted from the tail. Yoko had been given plenty of times to have fun telling the young Suuichi about his conquests and the ones he planned on having when he grew up. He was able to get some satisfaction if Suuichi had sex so he wanted the ningen boy to `get to it' as soon as possible.
The next class the raven haired girl wasn't in. Which he was slightly thankful for because it meant Yoko would keep his mouth, or mind, shut with the musings and wonderings where he had seen her.
He was lucky if he was even able to concentrate, let alone hear. He had to admit though Yoko was taking something serious for the first time in a long while. Which had his interest piqued greatly. He wanted to know who she was and how she had left such a great impact on the great Yoko Kurama.
 
A/N: Sorry for the long wait. I wasn't sure if I was going to continue it but reading over it made me realize how much I did like reading this and the plans I have for it in the future.