InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ kagome ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I wasn't going to let Inuyasha win, he let me with my words on my mouth but I wasn't going to leave the house for him that night. I wanted to do something but Sango had plans and she was the only true friend I had so I wanted to buy some things from the supermarket when I crashed with an old friend and when I say `crash' I say it literally. I was looking were I was going and ended up crashing my food cart with his. Kouga didn't change a bit since the last time I saw him, I met him in college and I dated him a couple of times but I didn't feel any chemistry so I decided to keep our friendship just like that.
 
“Kagome? Kagome Higurashi?” he asked me with a big smile.
 
“Kouga! Oh my god… you look great, I mean… how you've been?” I asked with the same smile he had on his face.
 
“Great, what about you? Are you married or…?”
 
“No, I'm just working and stuff… what about you?”
 
“No, I'm not ready for that so… I've missed you; no phone calls… not even an e-mail” I giggled nervously.
 
“I changed my apartment and I lost the phone book in which I had your e-mail and your phone number sorry, but you could have called me!” I said and he chuckled.
 
“I always waited for you to call me…” he admitted and I giggled a little. “Hey, now that we found each other again why don't we give our new phone numbers and e-mails as we have dinner?”
 
I was about to accept his invitation when I remembered about not letting Inuyasha win but I wasn't going to turn my date, or at least I thought it could be considered as one, anyway, back to my revenge with Inuyasha…
 
“Okay, but I can't go out like this” I was wearing an old jean and a lilac T-shirt. “Let's go to my house first and wait for me to change”
 
As we went back to the creepy house, we talked about some old stuff we lived in college, Kouga was always a good friend but he thought of me like something more than a friend. I was aware that Kouga still had a feeling or two for me; I didn't care, as long as I didn't feel the same for him Kouga would understand and keep his distance. When I entered the house I saw a girl who looked a little like me, but she was a little bit taller. I think that was the girl who Inuyasha was talking about. What's so special about her? Why couldn't he tell me that he was meeting her? Not that I was jealous or something! But what's so special about her?
 
“Who is her? Is she your new girlfriend?” she asked and I almost laughed.
 
“As if!” I yelled. “I would never date someone so arrogant like him”
 
“And who said I would like to date you? You aren't cute at all!” Inuyasha yelled in defense, that's when Kouga interfered.
 
“Hey! Don't say something like that to Kagome!” Kouga said.
 
“And who the fuck are you?!”
 
“Someone who does know how to treat a lady!” Inuyasha laughed and I felt like killing him then, he didn't think of me as a lady? What kind of awful man was he?!
 
“This is stupid… I'm leaving!” Inuyasha's date said and left.
 
“Thanks wench!” Inuyasha yelled at me and soon Kouga jumped to my `rescue'.
 
“Hey! I don't know and I don't care who you are but I would not let you tell things like that to Kagome! Now apologize!”
 
Kouga was always doing this kind of stuff to prove how much he loved me, I appreciated it and everything but it was kind of annoying considering he wasn't my boyfriend and usually scared the boys I liked since they thought he was my boyfriend. For a moment there, I actually thought that Inuyasha would apologize but I had to remember that Inuyasha was, is and will always be Inuyasha.
 
“Shut up! You don't get to tell me what to do or not! And I say whatever I want to the wench! Who are you? Her lap dog?” I thought he meant he was my boyfriend and decided to argue.
 
“He's not my boyfriend! He's my friend…” I said and I sighed. “I'll go get changed, I'll be right back”
 
I left those two alone for a few minutes, who would knew that they could cause so much trouble in that time? By the time I was going down in a red short halter dress I noticed the two of them almost killing each other, I quickly ran to them and placed myself in the middle to avoid their fight.
 
“What the hell is going on in here?” I asked.
 
“He started it!” Inuyasha yelled.
 
Could he sound anymore childish? I ignored Inuyasha's accusation and took Kouga out of the house.
 
“Wait for me here, I'll be right back” I said and went back to grab a coat.
 
“I hope you never invite that jerk to the house again…” he said as he watched TV.
 
“What did he do?” I asked sitting next to him.
 
“Whatever, if I tell you, you'll probably think something I don't want you to think” he said and drank some beer.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Just get out here! Go have fun with that jerk!” he said and I sighed, damn he had to leave me hanging for an answer.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
I had to admit I had a great time with Kouga that night, I forgot how much fun we used to have together but I was still considering him as a good friend. As he took me back to the house he was telling me about his job, we both studied journalism and he was currently working in a local newspaper. I, on the other hand, was working on network channel as the anchorman assistant; I didn't get to appear on TV I had to write the news. It started to rain once we got to the house but I stayed outside till he was gone, I didn't need to watch another fight between him and Inuyasha again.
 
“I had a great time today and I'm very happy I got to see you again…” I said and I felt him coming closer to me.
 
“Yeah, me too… I was wondering… would you like to go out with me again?”
 
“I don't know, I mean I like you but I can only see you as my friend… no more” I admitted and he still was coming closer to me, I stepped back and soon my back was pressing against the door.
 
“I could change your mind…” he was about to kiss me when I felt right on my butt, Inuyasha opened the door and I like to think he didn't do it on purpose.
 
“I was trying to sleep and I heard what I thought it was a mouse, now I know it was your squealing voice” I didn't know if I should thank him for saving me from Kouga's kiss or to kick him for calling me mouse voiced.
 
“Hey you…!” I covered Kouga's voice with my hand before problems could start again.
 
“Um… I'll call you, okay? Bye” I kissed him on the cheek and closed the door. “What's your problem?”
 
“Me? I didn't do anything? I told you I heard a mouse”
 
“Whatever, I'm not going to keep talking about this… goodnight…” I was going to Souta's room but Inuyasha ran upstairs.
 
“Sorry, you better get some blankets… the living room is very cold” he chuckled as he ran upstairs and closed the door right in front of my face.
 
“What about my things?!” I yelled and he opened the door for a second throwing all my stuff out of the room.
 
“If you feel cold, you might want to sleep at your mother's room!” he yelled and laughed.
 
As I picked up my things I looked up at the room and I almost yelled as I saw something moving there, it was just the wind moving the curtains. Someone must have left the window open and haven't closed it till we got to the house, I was scared to death but I had to close that window. I walked slowly to the room and once I was there I turned on the lights before I ran to close the window. Once that was done, I realized the place wasn't that scary but soon I heard a thunder that put off the lights. I was so scared I thought I was going to cry but instead I yelled when I felt a hand on my shoulder.
 
“Hush wench!” Inuyasha yelled and covered my mouth. “The lights just went out no need to act like in a horror movie!”
 
“You idiot you scared the crap out of me!” I hit him softly on the arm and he chuckled, the bastard was actually enjoying it. “Why aren't you sleeping anyway?”
 
“I was watching TV and when the lights went off… I got up and saw someone standing here in the dark” he explained sitting on the edge of the bed. “Were you actually going to sleep in here?”
 
“Of course not! What if some ghosts came to haunt me?!” I asked and I realized how stupid I sound and he laughed.
 
“Let's call the Ghostbusters, they will help you…” he laughed some more and I frowned.
 
“That's not funny… I'll go to the basement to look for the light switches” I realized what I just said and I wished I could rewind it and take back my words.
 
“I'll help you” he said and I wanted to hug him right there, but I remembered how much I hate him.
 
I nodded and I walked to the basement with nothing more than a flashlight and jerk as my only company. I turned on the flashlight the moment I got to the basement door; I took a deep breath and went down. We walked to the light switches and he held the flashlight as I turned them on, a few seconds later the lights were back. Inuyasha turned the flashlight off as he turned on the lights, we both let out loud shrieks as we saw two people sitting on the basement floor. I felt Inuyasha hugging me and I stopped my thoughts about the two people and blushed as I felt his strong arms around me. I liked the feeling of his arms around me; they felt so good around me.
 
A/N: wow… school is terrible, I can barely find time to sit and write something… not to mention I don't have time to update! But this time I'll take a break from this and start drawing… hope you guys forgive me and leave me some reviews… thanks…