InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ kagome ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

What a headache, I had the worst hung over in my life and I think I was about to puke. I sat up on the bed and notice an arm around me, which lead me to white silver hair and to Inuyasha! I screamed my lungs off and apparently I woke him up and he kinda fell of the bed. I grabbed the blankets to cover myself since I was only in my underwear and then Inuyasha's head appeared from the floor rubbing the back of his head.
 
“Stupid bitch… why you do that for?!” he yelled.
“Why am I half naked?” I asked, pulling the covers closer to me.
 
“You were drunk last night and I had to make you sleep… and no, nothing happen… I would never lower myself that much” he said as he stood up and walked out the door.
 
I walked in zig-zag to the bathroom, I was still dizzy for all the whine I had last night and since a stupid jerk that lived with me wasn't going to help me, I had an aspirin with water and got a quick shower. I got dressed in my work clothes which meant a white turtle neck collar jacket with an open front blouse of the same color and a black waist knee length skirt. Today was extremely cold and I was planning on paying a visit to Kouga after work since I spoiled our date.
 
“It was about time… let's get going because I'm giving the news in 5 minutes” he said and I looked at him confused.
 
“You could take your car you know…” I told him as I poured coffee on my thermos.
 
“Okay, for the record… I was trying to be nice to you so you didn't crash in middle of the high way” he grabbed his car keys and walked out and I reached for his arm.
 
“Alright, but just for today because my headache is very strong” he rolled his eyes as he walked to the garage and I followed him.
 
The trip to the network was very silent and I was grateful for it, he didn't even turn on the radio so I guess he was feeling sick or something. The Inuyasha I knew would never be nice to me but I guess sometimes people change for good but I never thought that could happen to a stubborn man like Inuyasha. When we finally arrived I looked at Yura that was dressed like a stripper, long black boots with a red tank top and a white mini skirt, did that girl even feel cold? I knew what was going on, she was going after Inuyasha.
 
“Good morning mister Takashi!” she said and placed two kisses on Inuyasha's cheeks. “Are you ready to give the news?”
 
“Of course… you look great Yura” she gave him a big smile that made her look dumb and then ran away as we went to my… well, our office.
 
“Where are my news?” he asked as he placed his feet on top of his desk and I pulled out some papers from a folder and gave them to him.
“They are arranged on the order in which you should read them so… hey!” he looked at the papers one by one, mixing them up. “You just screwed everything up!”
 
“I'll read them like that…” he said and took the papers. “People will love it”
 
“You realize that you were supposed to present the weather man, the sports guy and the whore… I mean, Yura in a specific order”
 
“Just tell me… I'll remember it” I sighed annoyed and took off my coat; I couldn't help to notice that he was staring at me after I took it off. “What?”
 
“Em… I… are you going to tell me or what?” he said and for some reason he sounded nervous, like a little kid that was just caught by his mom with his hand in the cookie jar.
 
“I'll reorganize them again” I said defeated and took the papers; it took me less than 10 minutes to do it and handed him the papers again. “There, don't you dare to mix them up again”
 
Inuyasha went on air and he did great once again, I guess he was born for it, now his life does have a purpose. When he was done, it was time to go home, we only worked half a day because there was another team to broadcast the news at night, another one at midnight, another one at the morning and we were the team of the midday. I went back to my office and placed my coat back on, Inuyasha came right when I was about to leave.
 
“Oh good… you're ready, let's go…” I felt a little guilty for doing this to him but then I remembered… he's isn't my boyfriend or something!
 
“Actually I'm going out and I'll take a cab or something… you go back to the house” I said and he shook his head.
 
“Whatever…” I heard him say and he left. I breathed out, that went out better than I expected.
 
As I was going out I found Yura with Inuyasha, she was giggling about something, like I cared. I was walking out but then I heard something that I did care about.
 
“So, that Kagome girl… is she your girlfriend?” she said as she toyed with his tie.
 
“Thank god no…” she smiled and pulled his tie to bring him closer to him.
 
“Good, because I like you… and I thought that maybe you and I could go out later and have some fun… what do you think?” Inuyasha smiled nervously and pulled his tie away from her.
 
“I think I'll pass…” he was about to leave when she talked again.
 
“So you like Kagome? That's why we can't go out?” she asked and he laughed.
 
“Yeah… right!” he said and started walking to my direction, since Inuyasha wasn't looking where he was going he bumped with me and made me fall.
 
“Watch where you're going” I said as I was getting up.
 
“Were you spying on me wench?” he asked and I shook my head.
 
“Why would I spy you? I don't care what the whore and you were talking about” I said and actually, I did care since it involved me.
 
“Well, if you accidentally eavesdropped… no, I don't like you and I'll never like you” he said and raised my eyebrow.
 
“Do you actually think I care if you like me or not?”
 
“It seemed important to you the night we met” I turned around and frowned, I didn't want him to know that I did care… but only because we were living together.
 
“I was doing that for our parents… but I realized that they were the ones who were getting married and there was no need for us to be friends” I walked away.
 
“Where are you going?! We are not done with this fight!” he yelled at me and I rolled my eyes before I looked back at him.
 
“I'm having a date with Kouga… bye” I walked away and out the building before Inuyasha could keep on bugging me.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
The only place where I didn't have to hear Inuyasha's complains or hear his stupid voice was outside that house… or outside the office. I called Kouga and asked him to meet me in a restaurant that was right in front of my office. Something I actually liked of Kouga was that when we had a date, he was there in 5 minutes. So like always, I ordered a glass of lemonade and looked at the menu, finally he showed up when I already made up my mind about what to eat. I looked at my watch and he came there in 3 minutes, a new record.
 
“Hey Kagome, did I make you wait for too long?” he asked as he sat next to me, I just shook my head.
 
“I wanted to make it up to you since last night I kinda… took too much wine” he chuckled.
 
“No problem, I wanted to be there with you to take care of you but that mutt didn't want me near you?”
 
“Mutt? You mean Inuyasha?” he nodded.
 
I was very shocked, not that I thought that Inuyasha did take advantage of me last night but I thought that Kouga was the one who took me into bed and didn't know that Inuyasha was there so we had to sleep together. I realized that maybe I should be nicer to Inuyasha, if he did something so nice for me like helping get to bed; he couldn't be that bad like I used to think.
 
“He kicked me out of your house before I could even get to say goodbye to you”
 
“Well, you don't have to worry… everything turned out to be okay last night and I just wanted to have a nice lunch with you so, let's just forget everything about last night and have something to eat” he smiled at me and gave me a peck on the cheek.
 
“Alright…”
 
But no matter what I said to Kouga, I couldn't help to think about last night. It was the only night in which Inuyasha was nice to me and I had to be drunk to miss it. I just hope there is a next time. All the words that left Kouga's mouth while we were eating had no importance to me and once we were done with that date, I almost ran away and went back home. I felt that maybe I should make it up to Inuyasha; he was the one who took care of me that night. He came right in after I was done fixing the food I ordered on the table, I tried to smile at him but my smile vanished once I saw him entering with the whore we worked with.
 
“Wow… your house is so cute Inuyasha” Yura said as she took off her coat, I don't know why she even bothered you could see through that coat so she wasn't hiding anything.
 
“I know… just wait here” Inuyasha bumped with me in the kitchen, he saw everything well arranged and looked strange at me.
 
“Did you… you did this for me?” he asked and I pretended to laugh.
 
“Of course not! I ordered this food for me and my date tonight…”
 
“Another one? Maybe you should make sure to drink some water… you don't want to end it like last night” I rolled my eyes.
 
“Yeah… I just want it to end like that, I enjoyed so much sleeping with you last night” I said sarcastically and he mumbled something. “What was that?”
 
“Nothing wench, have fun tonight on your date…” he left me alone in the kitchen.
 
Once he was gone, Kirara came right in time to cheer me up, I felt like such an idiot for doing all that for Inuyasha. I don't know why I even bothered, although I do hate him everything he did for me that night was so different from the man I met and the man with whom I'm currently living with. After half an hour sitting there in the kitchen, cuddling Kirara to find a way for me not to feel that… stupid, I heard the door again and I peeked to see Inuyasha coming in. I thought he invited Yura in, but I didn't see her anywhere in the living room. I was cleaning everything up when I heard his annoying voice.
 
“I thought you said you had a date tonight” I looked back at him, he was smirking, folding his arms and his back was against the kitchen wall, bastard.
 
“He cancelled at last minute and I was stuck here with all this food” he nodded as if he knew I was lying.
 
“And why aren't you changed?” he looked at me and I looked back at my clothes.
 
“What's wrong with them? Why can't I have I date with these?” he shook his head.
 
“Never mind, I thought there were only your working clothes… you… look… fine” he had trouble saying it; I guess it was hard for him to give me a compliment.
 
“Thanks…” I looked back at the food which was still warm since I could see steam coming from it. “I thought you were having a date with Yura tonight”
 
“Me? And Yura?” he chuckled a little and shook his head. “She had troubles with her car so I offered her a ride and she said she desperately needed to make a phone call, so I let her use the phone and then I took her back to the place where her car was…”
 
“Oh… so, you wanna eat? I didn't make this food because I know how bad you hate the way I cook so…” he covered my mouth with his hand.
 
“Why?” I pulled away his hand.
 
“Because I thought I should make it up to you for everything you did for me last night… it's my way of saying thanks” he shrugged his shoulders, sat and started eating, I did the same but I hate uncomfortable silences.
 
“Do you like it? I once went to that restaurant and it was very nice and all but…” he covered my mouth with his hand again and spoke with his mouth filled with food.
 
“I agreed to eat with you; I agreed to have the food you bought… I even agreed to be with you after your date ditched you… could you do something for me and shut up?” I nodded; he swallowed his food and uncovered my mouth.
 
“Inuyasha?” he looked back at me annoyed and I smiled. “Thanks for everything”
 
Inuyasha was really an idiot, he was really the most rude person in the whole wide world, he could drive me crazy with just calling me wench, he could make me mad even though I had the happiest day in my life but… deep, very, very, very, very, very, very deep in his heart he was a kind and caring person. That night I started getting the feeling that maybe we would start being nicer to each other, just like I wanted it to be from the beginning.
 
 
 
A/N: hm… I have new ideas for another fic but I guess I'll have to save them till I'm done with `revenge comes with consequences' or `open your eyes'… after I'm done with one of them I'll just post another one right up… I guess that will keep me occupied till I get to summer and start writing the sequel of `there's something so special about her'… lol… sorry, I'm just babbling and I know I'm annoying so… I wanted to recommend you this great story which is from one of my favorite reviewers which is called `from a dream to reality' written by StephanieRoxUrSox… so review please!!! =)