InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ kagome ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'll try to omit the fact that Inuyasha helped me but I can't. As always, Kouga ended up trying to kiss me and trying to make me his girlfriend. Now, I was having a cold and Inuyasha was taking care of me… jerk! I was supposed to forget all the nice things he did for me and here he was once again helping me… although, it's kinda cute he worries so much for me. The next morning, I woke up with a red nose and swollen ankle along with a few sneezes.
 
“Oh, you're up…” I heard and soon I saw Inuyasha coming in with his office clothes.
 
“What time is it? I have to get to work…” I said, my voice sounded funny and each time I tried to move my foot it was like thousands of needles fell on my foot.
 
“Forget it wench, I already went and came back… I told them you were sick” he said and sat on the edge of the bed. “You have been sleeping since I brought you last night”
 
“About that… I wanted to say that…” I sneezed and when I was ready to talk again, I sneezed.
 
“Keh… it was nothing, thank God that I was there” he said and got up, looked back at me and touched my forehead. “How you feeling?”
 
“Um… not that well…” I answered, feeling a little nervous and blushing. He noticed it and gave me a fast and small smile before rolling his eyes.
 
“You better go to a doctor, let him check you that ankle and your flu” I nodded and lied back.
 
“Inuyasha… thanks for everything” I said with my awful voice and he nodded.
 
“Yeah… whatever, at least this could make it up for what happened at Sess's party…” suddenly I remembered that he and his fiancé were coming over tonight.
 
“When are Rin and Sess coming?” I asked as I cleaned my nose.
 
“Later tonight, Rin is very excited and when I told her I was taking care of you she almost cried of joy…” he shook his head and sighed, if he didn't want to do it he didn't have to… I'm a big girl; I can take care of myself.
 
“Inuyasha, if you don't want to do this it's…” he then touched my ankle. “OUCH!!!!”
 
“Shut up wench!” he said and touched it lighter, it still hurt but if I yelled again Inuyasha would yell harder. “You broke it”
 
I realized that Inuyasha would suck like a doctor, like if his patient was about to die he would say `you'll die' what a great way to give out the news! Now I know why he decided to study journalism. I got up with great effort and tried to get dressed up but I realized I still had last night's clothes. Inuyasha eyed me with an eyebrow raised and when I was about to get my shoes on to leave he finally asked.
 
“What the fuck are you doing?” I looked back at him and I looked back at my shoes.
 
“Isn't it obvious? I'm going to the doctor…” he got up and carried me bridal style back to the bed, I wanted to yell but I was too busy blushing.
 
“You are staying here… someone is coming over already” after that the door bell rang and he went down, I could hear his voice along with an old woman's voice. Soon, a woman with a very light brown hair, a few wrinkles around her face and small black eyes showed up along with Inuyasha.
 
“Hello dear, you must be Kagome” I nodded and sneezed. “Oh, poor you… here, have a tissue honey”
 
I grabbed it and cleaned my nose; this lady was so sweet she was giving me a tooth ache. As soon as I was done with the tissue, she placed her hand on my forehead for about half a minute she sighed and then went to my ankle. I yelled again and the lady seemed to be sorry and caressed my foot for a few seconds before checking it again but this time gentler.
 
“Are you done already?” Inuyasha asked annoyed and the lady looked back at him.
 
“Inuyasha! This takes time! If you want me to take care of your girlfriend you might as well be patient!” I almost choked with my own saliva, girlfriend?! What the hell is going on?!
 
“Um… listen lady, I'm not his…” the last of the sentence was swallowed up by a thermometer that was just introduced in my mouth by the lady.
 
“Call me Kaede sweetie” she said and looked at her watch, after a minute she took it out of my mouth and looked at it. “Oh, dear… you are just a little warm… now your ankle is a different situation”
 
“What's wrong with it?” he asked and Kaede checked it again.
 
“Well, for one thing she twisted it very hard and apparently it's broken but as I said you just twisted very hard so a bandage will do it, there's no need for a cast” she smiled at me and gave me a soft pat on my leg.
 
“So what are you waiting for? Put that damn bandage on her leg already and finish” Kaede shot him a deadly glare and sighed.
 
“If only you weren't Inutaishou's son…” she hissed and I watched as she bandaged my leg, she was done in less than three minutes and smiled at me. “There you go honey, now easy on that… don't you twist it again”
 
“Yeah… thanks for everything Mrs. Kaede” she gave me another of her smiles and patted my head softly.
 
“Goodbye dear… behave Inuyasha” Kaede said and left, I got a pillow and threw it to Inuyasha.
 
“What the fuck?!” he yelled and threw it away.
 
“What was that about me being your girlfriend?!” I asked and he sighed.
 
“I don't know! You ask that to Sesshomaru!” he replied and I rolled my eyes. “Besides, I bet Kaede didn't think you were my girlfriend because she knows I can get someone better…”
 
“Yeah right! I saw your ex last time and…” soon his hand was over my mouth, I got a little frightened by that and by that look on his eyes which I couldn't difference between sorrow and anger… maybe between both.
 
“Don't ever dare to say something about Kikyo again…” he whispered and after that left the room.
 
I sighed, apparently this Kikyo girl was someone very important in his life and he would always be there for her, even if she wasn't even there for him. A stupid thought crossed my mind, if he cared about her that much then… I would be on second place; I could never take her place and be number one to him. I wasn't able to figure out why but after that thought I cried, I felt so stupid! I never even met the girl and I was jealous! How cruel are emotions…
 
“Kags! Are you here?!” I heard Sango calling me and quickly wiped my tears. “Yikes, what happened?”
 
“A date with Kouga… rain and Voldemort, you really don't want to know” I sighed and she giggled.
 
“Oh c'mon… he told me he took care of you last night so it didn't have to be that bad” Sango said and sat right over my leg.
 
“OUCH!” I yelled and she jumped off.
 
“Oops… sorry, well I stopped by because…” her cell phone rang and she answered it all excited. “Hi Miro! No, I'm not busy… I'll be right there”
 
I rolled my eyes, Sango has been my friend since 1st grade but it was so nice that she dumped me now after more than 15 years of friendship for her boyfriend. That was just perfect.
 
“Sorry Kags… the office just called and…” I laughed at her face, I was sick of it.
 
“Look for someone else to lie Sango… you're dumping me for Miroku, just leave already and next time don't give me another stupid excuse” I answered and turned around to face the wall, I know I acted like a bitch but I think it was more than anything the emotional wound that I had from what I thought earlier.
 
“Okay… bye Kags” she said very sad and sighed as she left.
 
I lied on bed staring at the ceiling for about 5 minutes, I didn't think of anything and I didn't want to do it either. Before I noticed, I fell asleep.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
“Kagome! Wake up you damn wench!” I heard and I lazily opened my eyes and saw two golden orbs staring at me. “Finally! I thought it would take me other 10 minutes…”
 
“What do you want?” I asked as I yawned and rubbed my eyes.
 
“Sess and Rin are already down so you better change and join us…” he said and left. I got up lazily and changed to shorts and a tank top, I went down to find Inuyasha sitting in the couch… I felt like hitting him.
 
“What the hell you idiot?!” I smacked him in the back of his head. “You told me they were down here!”
 
“I was bored okay? And… I thought we could like… talk” he said and I thought about it for a second, what was there for us to talk?
 
“Alright… what do you want to talk?” I asked and he sighed.
 
“Before… when I said that about Kikyo…” Oh, excuses… I see were this is going, Inuyasha feels guilty because he defended his ex while he feels something for me… does he feel something for me? I didn't want to hear it.
 
“No, stop… I know… you loved her a lot and… I guess you still do like to defend her that way” I gave him a sad smile, I felt like crying right then.
 
“Kagome…” I wanted so bad to know what he was going to say when we heard the doorbell, he sighed. “Hold that thought”
 
Speaking of the devil, his ex showed up right on time. She threw herself on his arms and started what I thought was `crying'. Inuyasha immediately placed his arms around her and I felt my heart heavy and with a few spikes hitting it, jealousy and betrayal are the bitchiest emotions.
 
“Inu… Naraku… he…” she started `crying' again and Inuyasha patted her softly, I just watched them as if it was a soap opera and I was behind the TV, in other words… I was invisible.
 
“Calm down Kikyo… what happened?” he asked in a soft whisper, he was so tender with this girl that it amazed me… so different from his usual self.
 
“Well, Naraku…” she directed her gaze to me and soon got mad, she pulled away from Inuyasha's embrace and gave me an annoyed stare. “Do you mind?”
 
“I do… I don't want you in my living room so if you can just do me a favor and leave, I would really appreciate it” I smiled and she opened her mouth angrily.
 
“Inu! Did you hear what she said?!” she yelled and he looked at me, he sighed and closed his eyes for a few seconds.
 
“Kagome, would you mind leaving us alone for a second?” I felt my blood boiling in anger as I heard him picking her over me besides… he threw me out my own living room!
 
“Sure…” that stupid Kikyo girl was going to pay for it later, I swear.
 
I walked upstairs but I felt this huge urge like to spy on them so I decided to follow my instinct. I stood there behind a wall, watching them and hearing their voices like whispers, speaking about them.
 
“What were you doing with her Inu?” I heard her asking him and Inuyasha got a little nervous.
 
“Nothing… I was just watching TV when she sat next to me…” he lied, I felt my heart even heavier and I wanted to run down there and hit him… but I decided to listen to their conversation instead.
 
“Naraku broke up with me Inu… he dumped me and I feel alone…” she clung to him and pretended to be hurt, by the look on her face I could easily tell that this girl was even more of a slut than Yura… wow! I never thought I would say that!
 
“I'm so sorry Kikyo… come, sit with me” they sat on the couch and she buried her face on his arm.
 
“Thanks Inu… you are so nice to me” she smiled and he got closer to her, she did the same. Their lips were so close and felt so hurt that I could feel a river forming around my eyes, then the door opened.
 
“Inuyasha!” Rin yelled.
 
“Rin!” he yelled in response and quickly pulled apart from Kikyo.
 
“Sesshomaru?!” Kikyo said alarmed.
 
“Kagome?” Sess said and all the looks turned to me, I felt so embarrassed and I got out from my hide place.
 
“Hi Sess… hi Rin… welcome” I said, I couldn't even let a smile form since I was too busy letting a few tears fall down my face.
 
 
 
A/N: ouch… my whole body hurts, yesterday I had a school trip and some of my friends threw me to the river and it was fun… until it became darker and became colder, I just hope I don't get another f*cking cold.
Suffering/kagome: hm… I really don't know what to say, I guess you could print them but PLEASE do not copy them for something else or to place it on some other site… I don't think you would but just in case =)
So anyway guys! I'll update on Sunday or maybe Monday… whenever I'm done writing the next chapter and… review please!!! =)