InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ kagome ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I felt like crap. I realized how much I cared for Inuyasha right alter we were done with whatever was our previous relationship. I felt my heart so heavy that I had big trouble breathing, each time I found myself sighing and I couldn't stop thinking about him. I hated myself so much. I went over to Sango's house; I couldn't stand being with Inuyasha any longer… not because I didn't want to but because it hurt me. I still haven't told Sango what I felt for Inuyasha and now that all these things happened, I wasn't going to tell Sango either. I never tell Sango about my relationships except when they become serious; she is used to bother me whenever I tell her that I like someone so I try to keep some thing to myself. After long sighs and heavy breathings, I told Sango what I saw and she got to one conclusion.
 
“You were jealous” she said and took a glass of juice from her fridge.
 
“No! I don't care if Inuyasha kissed Kikyo in front of me or if he dates Yura or if he brings Yura and Kikyo over and starts kissing them… I won't care” I lied and sighed again.
 
“You have feelings for him, don't you? That's why you were so jealous…” I sighed again, nodding and Sango let out a shriek of joy. “I knew it!!! You like him!”
 
“Yeah… I think I do…” I sighed once again.
 
We stood there in silence for a long time, I was very grateful with that silence since it gave me the chance to think. If Inuyasha really liked me, then why would he have been with Yura that day? Why did he have to flirt with her? Why was he so nice of all the sudden? If he really liked me, he shouldn't have behaved like someone else. Why was Kikyo down there with him that day? Was he using me? After that last question, I felt my blood boil in anger because I felt that it was true, I clenched my fists and breathed a few times before I said what I now felt.
 
“I hate Inuyasha…” Sango was just drinking juice and spit almost half of what she had in her mouth.
 
“I'm sorry… what?!” she asked as she cleaned her mouth.
 
“I think there's a very thick line between love and hate… and I definitely don't love Inuyasha… I just hate him now, he hurt me so much that now the only thing left for me to do is to hate him” I concluded.
 
Immediately, Sango placed her hand on my forehead and on my cheeks before raising her eye brow and looking at me as if I was a stranger.
 
“Are you sure you are okay?” I nodded. “Because you were so hurt a few minutes ago and now…”
 
“Don't get me wrong… I was just going through a face, I just said things without a meaning… I seriously hate Inuyasha” she sighed.
 
“Alright, let just tell you something my mother used to tell me… to hate someone is to give him too much importance…” she said and went to her kitchen, I got confused.
 
“What is that supposed to mean?” I asked and she shook her head.
 
“Nothing, it's just that… when we hate someone we give him or her too much importance meaning… he or she… means a lot to us…” I blushed.
 
“What?! That's not true!!!” she nodded as if I was crazy. “He doesn't mean anything to me now! I swear that Inuyasha Takashi is the last thing that crosses my mind…”
 
Sango raised one of her eyebrows and looked at me.
 
“If he is the last thing that crosses your mind then why are we talking about him?” I blushed and turned around.
 
“Because you mentioned him…” she nodded like before and sat next to me.
 
“Whatever you say Kagome, you can lie to me but you can't lie to yourself” I sighed; I knew she was very right.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
I went back home a few hours later, the night was getting colder and darker as time passed. I went inside and found Kirara playing with her fake mouse, I smiled and cuddled her and took her with me to the outside. Although the night was very dark, the moon was very bright and big so I just wanted to stare at the sky for a few minutes. Kirara fell asleep on my arms and I kept staring the beautiful black heaven, I was getting cold and I felt a blanket on top of me. I saw Inuyasha who placed it over me and immediately sat next to me.
 
“Thanks…” I said and he smiled.
 
“Any time, I was just wondering why you left… I needed to talk to you” he said and I felt my heart beat faster.
 
“Really?” I asked.
 
“Yes, there's something I need to tell you… something very important to me” I gulped, I felt he was going to tell me how much he cared for me and then I would fall on his arms and tell him that I felt the same and then we would share a passionate kiss, it would be very romantic.
 
“What is it?” I asked a little nervous, he sighed.
 
“Kagome… I…” I nodded as I waited for him to gather the courage and continue with his sentence. “I think this belongs to you…” he gave me a T-shirt and I just wanted the earth to swallow me, I'm glad I didn't say a thing.
 
“No, this isn't mine…” I looked at the T-shirt and it had a boyish look, it was orange and with small lines on the sleeves.
 
“Well, if it isn't yours and it's not mine… then who the fuck owns this T-shirt?” he asked annoyed and got up, I followed him.
 
“Why would this be here?” I asked a little scared, what if it was a ghost?!
 
“I don't know… there are two options, 1 there might be someone here living with us…” I sighed relieved with that conclusion. “Or 2… there might be a spirit among us…” I shook a little scared and he laughed. “I was joking…”
 
“Jerk…” I mumbled and yawned. “Well, I don't know you but I feel very tired and I'm going to sleep…”
 
I was about to walk to change my clothes when he grabbed my arm.
 
“You hear that?” he asked and I paid attention, I heard footsteps and I clung to Inuyasha's arm, he patted my back softly. “Don't worry… it's nothing, maybe the neighbors”
 
I looked at him with a `you're stupid' look, he rolled his eyes at me and once I was aware of our current position I pulled away and blushed lightly. I remembered Sango's words “to hate someone is to give him too much importance” I got angry.
 
“I don't care about you!” I yelled and he looked at me as if I was crazy, I don't blame… if I heard him say something like that I would have done the same.
 
“Alright, I'm gonna go upstairs to search…” I saw Inuyasha going upstairs and once he was out of sight, I looked around; I was too scared like to go and turn on the TV. I was about to seat at the couch when I heard the footsteps behind me, I turned around and saw no one and I let a big scream out.
 
“KAGOME!” I heard Inuyasha yell and in a blink he was next to me, cuddling me. “Are you okay? What happened?”
 
“I heard…” I breathed hardly. “I heard… someone behind me and…” I breathed in and out a few more times. “I got very scared…”
 
“Don't worry… did you hear were the footsteps left?” he asked and I shook my head.
 
“But I'm more than sure that they are in this level or at the basement…” he nodded.
 
“Alright, you search here and I'll look at the basement…” my eyes grew wide.
 
“NO!!! I don't want to be alone!!!” I shrieked and clung to his arm again, he sighed annoyed.
 
“Fine… let's search here…”
 
We walked through every room in the ground floor; we entered to the kitchen, to the dinning room, to the study room, the playroom, the exercise room, the dancing hall and the extra room which were all rooms I never knew they existed. Finally, we went back to the living room and found no one there, I sighed relieved but then Inuyasha walked over to the basement door. I stopped him.
 
“There's no one here… there's no need to look there…” I pointed at the black abysm that was supposed to be the end of the basement and he raised his left eyebrow to me.
 
“You're such a coward Kagome” he said and pulled me downstairs with him, once we were down he turned on the lights and we saw once again, no one there. “See? There was no one in here… or in this house”
 
“I still feel scared…” I said and I squeezed his arm.
 
“Alright, I'll let you sleep upstairs tonight… if something bad happens you can call me and I'll be there for you in a blink” I nodded and gave him a small soft smile.
 
“Thanks…” I said and took my things upstairs.
 
I felt his eyes on me as I walked upstairs, I looked back and he directed his gaze somewhere else. I noticed some color on his cheeks and I smiled, about my previous comments I think they were a little too exaggerated. Inuyasha didn't hate me and I'm still not sure about if he really felt something for me but one thing was for sure, he never used me to make Kikyo jealous. I changed my clothes at the bathroom and went to bed.
 
“Finally, I'll sleep calmly…” I mumbled to myself as I turned on the lights of the room.
 
I was about to lay down on the bed when I felt someone else sitting there, I gathered all the air possible and let out a desperate yell.
 
“INUYASHA!!!!”
 
 
A/N: (gasps) I have nothing to say to you… hehe, sorry! =) review please!!! =)