InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ inuyasha ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I ran like a maniac over to the room, I tried to prevent any bad thoughts about what happened to Kagome. As soon as I entered the room I saw her hitting whoever was there and scared her… with a pillow.
 
“You idiot! Couldn't you mention something!” she yelled as she kept on hitting him with the pillow.
 
“Sorry! I thought…” that person tried to say but Kagome stopped her actions and grabbed him from the T-shirt to face her.
 
“You thought?! According to this you don't think!” I think she was about to hit him when I grabbed her away from him.
 
“What the hell is going on?” I asked as I looked at the frightened teen in front of me, I knew I have seen that kid before.
 
“My stupid brother Souta scared me to death! That happened!” Right! Souta! My stepmother's other son! The one who didn't use to drive me crazy.
 
“Inuyasha?” he asked and I looked at him, the last time I saw the brat he was 5'4 and now he was almost my height! “You're here! You live with my sister!” he seemed more shocked than glad so I decided to explain.
 
“Yeah… apparently our parents left us the house and now we share it” I said and he sat on his old bed, I heard Kagome sigh.
 
“Souta, why aren't you at grandpa's shrine?” he sighed.
 
“Grandpa went out, he said he would come back in two weeks and he said that since I'm big I can take care of myself but the truth is that I can't! And grandpa didn't even leave me money for food since he thought I could cook so I thought… why not visit my sis?” she frowned.
 
“Why didn't you mention something?” she asked as she took a seat next to him.
 
“I tried to call to your office but they told me you didn't work there anymore” he said looking at the floor.
 
“I got a promotion… I'll give you my new number immediately” she sighed.
 
“So… can I stay?” he asked and she rolled her eyes.
 
“Yes, you can stay…” he hugged her and got up.
 
“Great, `cause I'm starving…” she rolled her eyes and placed her arm around his shoulders.
 
“C'mon, I'll prepare you fries and nuggets” she said and they left the room.
 
I was still dazed about what the hell happened but I guess the visit from Souta explained a lot of things. I went downstairs and found Kagome cutting potatoes and Souta frying the nuggets, apparently the brat wasn't as useless as he tried to appear. I found out that he wasn't useless, he was just spoiled and didn't want to cook… stupid kid.
 
“You want something Inuyasha?” she asked me and I snapped from my thoughts.
 
“Huh? Oh! No… thanks… I'm going to… find somewhere to sleep” I left and soon heard her footsteps behind me.
 
“Inuyasha, I thought we could sleep at my parent's room…” she whispered and I looked to the kitchen in case Souta was spying us, but he wasn't.
 
“Don't you think someone…” I pointed at the kitchen. “Might find that weird?”
 
“Is not like we are going to… you know! But where else are we going to sleep? If he finds someone sleeping at the living room he will think he is bothering us and I don't want him to think that…” she whispered and I sighed.
 
“Alright… but…”
 
“Sis! The nuggets are burning!” he interrupted me and she ran to the kitchen.
 
I walked back in and she was eating with her brother happily, they looked like the perfect family. They laughed together, joked with no hard feelings between some other stuff. I thought about my relationship with Sess and I realized that it sucked! We used to fight whenever we were together and we could never agree on something, Kagome was lucky to have her brother and that boy was even luckier to have a sister instead of an annoying big brother. I went upstairs to my parent's room and tried to sleep but I couldn't a few minutes later, Kagome joined me.
 
“I'm glad that Souta is here….” she said as she placed pillows along the bed, she made a line in the middle of the bed and I looked at her confused.
 
“What are you doing?” I asked and she placed the last pillow.
 
“A barricade… we are friends and good friends don't sleep together” she said as she lay on the other side.
 
“Friends who trust each other do…” I mumbled and a few seconds later I fell asleep.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
“Sis? Sis?!” I heard between my dreams, I opened my eyes lazily and discovered that Kagome's barricade had been destroyed and that she was cuddled next to me and I had my arm around her. “Did you guys…?”
 
“Souta?” Kagome asked as she yawned, she realized of our current position and shrieked before standing up, I was too shocked and Kagome was embarrassed. “Um… let's go and have breakfast”
 
Kagome pushed her brother out of the room as I got up; I changed my clothes to my normal ones. Thank god it was weekend and I didn't have to work, I admit that I love being an anchorman but sometimes it was very annoying… and exhausting. I went downstairs and found Souta eating pancakes as Kagome made some more, he stared at me with fury or what seemed to be fury. I ignored it and prepared my ramen. I ate it as I felt Souta's eyes on me.
 
“Souta? Do you want more pancakes?” Kagome asked as she placed her plate on the table.
 
“No thanks sis…” he mumbled and she sat between the two of us.
 
It was a silent meal, Souta was still looking at me with those defying eyes so I decided to return the look, I didn't know why he looked at me like that but I was getting sick of it. Kagome seemed to notice the tension between us and was about to say something when we heard the phone.
 
“I'll get it!” Kagome said and went to the living room.
 
“You're not going to hurt my sister…” he said after drinking some juice.
 
“Who says I'm going to hurt your sister?” I asked.
 
“I'm not dumb… I saw how `together' the two of you are… and I'm not stupid, I used to hear my step dad complain of how much this girl Kyo hurt you and whenever you dated another girl you always ended up leaving her for your ex…” I sighed, it was true and he cared a lot about Kagome like to tell me something like this… he also had a lot of courage.
 
“Who says I'm into your sister?” I asked and he laughed.
 
“Inuyasha, you're great as a step brother… I remember how you used to take me out to the arcade and picked me up from my soccer practices… you really are great but you're a terrible liar…” I rolled my eyes and finished my ramen.
 
“I don't like your sister… she's nothing to me except my step sister…” I replied while I placed my plate on the sink.
 
“I swear to you… that if I ever hear her crying you'll pay for it…” he assured me as he placed his plate on the sink.
 
“Well go to hell!” we heard Kagome yell and soon the hit of the telephone against a table, we saw her coming in furious, she sighed and changed that expression for fake smile. “Souta, do you want to go to the movies? My treat…”
 
“Sure sis, let me change my clothes and I'll be right back…” she smiled till Souta was out of sight and then she became furious again.
 
“What's wrong with you?” I asked and she shook her head.
 
“Nothing… I just answered a very unpleasant call… she might call again soon for my delight” she said sarcastically and grabbed a glass of juice.
 
“Who called?” I asked curious.
 
“Your so educated ex girlfriend!” she yelled and Souta came down.
 
“Is something wrong?” he asked and Kagome returned to her fake smile.
 
“No, of course not… let's go Souta…” she said and he nodded, Kagome walked out of the room.
 
“I'll be right there Kagome… I just need to get my cell phone” he said and went next to me. “I knew you were going to hurt her…” he mumbled and left.
 
I watched them leave through the window and saw Souta grinning at me and waving me goodbye. I was very confused, but I was able to know why Kagome with her magnetic personality was still single… it was due her awful malicious brother who couldn't stand the idea of sharing her… fucking egocentric bastard!
 
 
 
A/N: I spend time reading a stupid book I didn't read before and that's why I wasn't able to write but now that I'm over with it… well, you know… lol anyway! Review please!!! =)