InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ kagome ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Souta and I were having the best time ever, our years of difference where almost unnoticeable but despite all of that, I was extremely furious on the inside. I couldn't stop hearing the words that the bitch had told me earlier that day… what a nerve!!! Of course, like the good brother he is, Souta immediately asked me what was wrong with me but I being the overprotective sister who doesn't want her little brother worried replied…
 
“Huh? Nothing… I was just thinking about my work” I lied as we walked out of the movie theater.
 
“You know sis, I'll be 21 in about 4 months…” I nodded, how could I forget the date in which my brother was born? “Well, I've been thinking about everything lately… what to do… where to live… and living with grandpa isn't an option for me, he's fine and takes care of me but… most of the times I feel like the responsible one…”
 
“So, what are you going to do? You have a year left in college and you're just starting to work” he smiled brightly and looked up at me.
 
“Would you like to live with me sis? I'll pay half of the rent and help you with anything I can…” I smiled; me and my brother together again? Fantastic but… what about Inuyasha?
 
“I don't know Souta, what would happen to the house mom left me?” I asked and he shrugged his shoulders.
 
“You can ask Inuyasha to pay you for your half and we will rent an apartment” I sighed heavily, I loved my brother a lot and I love to spend time with him but now, I can't stand being away from Inuyasha.
 
“I'll think about it… I'll tell you two weeks from now” he nodded and gave me a tight hug.
 
“Great! But how about we eat now?” I laughed softly as Souta pulled me inside a Burger King.
 
I watched Souta ordering his food and mine, he insisted on buying my food so I let him please me. I started remembering my stupid conversation with the biggest stupidest bitch ever also known as Inuyasha's ex girlfriend.
 
“Hi, to whom am I speaking?”
 
“Um… this is Kagome Higurashi…”
 
“Oh, right… the bitch that's taking my place”
 
“Excuse me?”
 
“Oh nothing, I just said that Inuyasha is only using you in a way to get me jealous and I think it's working… so is he around?”
 
“Why don't you think he might like me?”
 
“For Christ sakes… if I compare you to me, you'll only reach my ankles”
 
“Well, let me tell you that it's the other way and that… if Inuyasha was using me then why would he and I have so many dates and share the same house?”
 
“Because you're a slut that he is using to satisfy his sexual needs… don't worry, I'll soon be there taking my place… but thanks for warming it up for me”
 
“Are you that desperate for winning him?”
 
“Hell no! I can manage Inuyasha like a puppet but you know what; you can take your stupid lame pickup lines and shove them up your ass…”
 
“Really?! Well go to hell!”
 
I remember slamming the phone against the table after that and I let out an irritated sigh, Souta placed the food on the table and woke me up from my reverie. I smiled and he started placing tons of fries on his mouth. Souta and I talked about careless matters as we ate our lunch; we went back to my house a few minutes after we finished our meal. We entered the house and found Sango and Miroku in.
 
“Sang!” I said excited as I ran to hug my best friend.
 
“Kags! I'll been waiting for you an hour!” she said as she pulled out of my grip, she looked behind me and waved at my brother. “Hey Souta…”
 
“Hi Sango…” he smiled and sighed happily, he looked at the couch and pointed at Miroku. “Who's that?”
 
“I'm Miroku, Sango's boyfriend…” Souta's smile vanished and he waved at Miroku.
 
“Nice to meet you, I'll get going… I need… something” my brother said and sighed heavily, he walked out and I could sense he was hurt but I didn't know why.
 
“What's wrong with your brother?” Sango whispered on my ear and I shrugged my shoulders.
 
“Bye Sango…” Miroku kissed her lips lightly and she smiled.
 
“Have fun guys” Sango waved at Miroku and Inuyasha as they walked out the door.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
After long hours of chatting and laughing, I convinced Sango to watch a movie with me; although we both knew how cheesy it was and how fake we decided to watch `The Notebook' anyway. We stopped in the middle of the movie to prepare some microwave popcorn and grab some other snacks.
 
“Do you think that Miroku would do something like that for me?” I arched my brow, a few times Sango had told me to stop watching that movie but now it was her who thought that it could be true.
 
“Sango, I don't even think that something like that can happen… who could ever forget the person he or she loves? You have told me several times, it can't happen” she sighed.
 
“I know but…” Souta entered the house and Sango smiled lightly. “Hey Souta…”
 
“You're still here Sango, so where's your boyfriend?” Souta asked in a curious tone.
 
“Out with Inuyasha… you wanna watch The Notebook with us?” he shook his head and yawned.
 
“No, I'm tired… goodnight sis, night Sango” he went upstairs and Sango smiled.
 
“So what were we talking about?” she asked me and I shrugged my shoulders.
 
“Something about The Notebook, whatever… let's keep on watching” I said as I pulled the popcorn out of the microwave and placed it on a bowl.
 
I don't remember anymore why I even liked that movie, I think watching over and over again makes you think that it's good. Sango even cried when it was done, she sniffed and cleaned her tears with her hands as she gave me a weak smile. I rolled my eyes before I gave her a box of tissues and Sango dried her tears calmly as I cleaned the living room and turned off the TV.
 
“It's so sweet…” she said when I was seated next to her.
 
“Yeah, the first time… the next 3 times it becomes cheesy and fake” Sango rolled her eyes.
 
“You definitely don't know what love is…” I sighed, yeah she was right; the closest thing I think I ever experienced love was when I was with Bankotsu.
 
“You're talking like a movie… anyway, where did Miroku and Inuyasha go?” I asked curiously.
 
“Its boy's night, according to Miroku they have always spend this night together since they were 18 so I couldn't ruin their special evening…” I giggled. “What's so funny?”
 
“Nothing…” I couldn't tell Sango that Miroku had made that up to get away from her, so I just decided to keep it for myself.
 
“Do you want to…” the phone ringing interrupted Sango.
 
“I'll get it…” I announced as I grabbed the phone. “Hello?”
 
“Kagome! Thank god you answered! Listen… I need your help” I heard Inuyasha say in a desperate tone.
 
“What happened?” I asked and he started laughing a little.
 
“You know, you're gonna laugh when you hear this…” he laughed some more and I rolled my eyes.
 
“Hurry up or I'll hung up” his laugh immediately dried up.
 
“Alright, I need 2000 dollars…” my eyes were about to pop out of my head.
 
“2000 dollars?! Why the heck would you need that?!” I nearly yelled which draw Sango's attention.
 
“To pay for Miroku's and my lease…” I shook my head.
 
“Excuse me… WHAT?!” I yelled and Sango got concerned.
 
“It's just that… there was a jerk at the bar and… we kinda had a fight and now… me and Miroku are in jail so… could you please help me?” I sighed heavily and closed my eyes.
 
“I'll be right there” I hung up and went upstairs, I grabbed my purse and went to Souta's room.
 
“What's wrong?”
 
“I'll be back in a few hours, don't do anything I wouldn't…” he nodded and I ran downstairs.
 
“Kagome, you're going to explain me what is going on right now” Sango demanded me in a bossy tone.
 
“No time, we have to go to pay these two jerks fee and you're coming with me…” Sango's jaw dropped but immediately her hand went into my purse and pulled out my car keys.
 
“Miroku is about to get his ass kicked!” she yelled as she walked to my car and I followed her dumbly.
 
 
 
A/N: stupid me forgot to update, sorry for the long wait… I think I need a break, thank god holy week is coming that will give me a good excuse to get away from school… anyway! Review please!!! =)