InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ kagome ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Stupid jerk…” I mumbled and walked back to Kouga, he gave me a small smile and I let out an annoyed sigh.
 
“What's wrong?” he asked and I shook my head slowly. “Are you sure? Because we could go out any other time…”
 
“No, never mind… let's go to eat, I'm starving” I said and grabbed his hand tightly, pulling him out of the building as my mind kept thinking about all the awful things Inuyasha and I said to each other.
 
We had a peaceful dinner, finally! I loved to be with Kouga but sometimes he was stressful, he always wanted me to be his girlfriend but I kept asking myself why the heck doesn't he ask Ayame that?! She would be thrilled, Kouga and Ayame aren't related at all, they call each other brothers because they feel like ones. Kouga and Ayame had known each other since they learned to walk and they have been together ever since, not romantically or as in the same place but if Kouga went to my school, Ayame was there. Kouga went to study Journalism, Ayame was there. Kouga worked at a Newspaper and I recently found out that she was working there too, until she got fired for getting late and now she's working at a bar till she finds another work place.
 
“I'm glad that I was there for Ayame… who knows what that pervert could have done to her?” he asked.
 
Ayame has been in love with Kouga since she was able to spell that word, she had tried to hide it some many times but for everybody her love is obvious, except for Kouga who is always saying that she loves him like a brother. She has tried so many times to declare her love but she always ends up saying something else, besides, Kouga is always telling her how much he likes me and that makes her furious. I guess there's no need to say that Ayame and I aren't very good friends.
 
“I know how Sango's boyfriend can be but he is sometimes nice, he wouldn't have raped her or something… and Inuyasha was there so he could have helped her anyway” he scoffed.
 
“Inuyasha? Since when do you think he is nice?” I shrugged my shoulders.
 
“I admit he can be a jerk, a total pain in the ass, he can drive me crazy, he may be rude but… deep inside he is a very nice person” he rolled his eyes and sighed.
 
“Whatever… let's talk about something else… how's your work?” I smiled.
 
“Great, I just got a promotion… I stop being Inuyasha's secretary and now I'm one of main writers of the network…” he looked at me surprised.
 
“Wow! Congratulations!” I blushed lightly and smiled.
 
“Thanks, what about you?” he sighed.
 
“Well, writing was always easy for me but now that Ayame is without a job I'm getting worried and I can't concentrate…” he sighed again, Kouga was always my friend and I have never liked seen someone suffer.
 
“You know? Maybe I can get her a job at the network… it wouldn't be broadcasting the news but I think my boss mentioned something about needing someone to fill my old space… I can't promise anything but I'll suggest it to Totousai” he hugged me and I felt breathless, I patted him softly on the back.
 
“Thank you so much Kagome! You're an angel!” he let me go and the waitress came to order our meals.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
I went back home with Kouga. He said he wanted to come with me for some `safety' reason and I let him do it because I thought it was sweet. I was very tired but at least I had some time to rest. A whole weekend free was coming and I was planning on sleeping the two days. I entered the house and found Inuyasha sitting in the couch along with Souta. When my little brother saw Kouga he jumped out of the couch and immediately stood next to him.
 
“Kouga! It's been ages man!” he said excited as he did some sort of handshake with Kouga, he gave my brother a smile and messed his hair up.
 
“Yeah… but you're still little” Souta frowned a little and then smiled again, I sighed. For a very weird reason, Souta has always liked Kouga and had wanted me to become his girlfriend. It's very weird since Souta tends to be overprotective when it comes to dating me.
 
“You were out with my sister tonight? How was your date?” before Kouga could answer I got in the middle of their conversation.
 
“Great, awesome… a date between good friends that like to remain that way for a long time is great… isn't it Kouga?” he nodded at me and I felt a little bad after that, I heard Inuyasha chuckling a little.
 
“Um… well, great to see you Kouga, I'll be upstairs sis” my brother said and went upstairs as fast as he could. I sat next to Inuyasha and snapped him at the back of his head.
 
“Hey! What was that for?!” he yelled and I looked at him furious.
 
“I just felt like doing it” I answered and turned over to Souta and Kouga.
 
“Thanks for joining me home Kouga” I kissed his cheek lightly and hugged him for a while, I pulled apart and he smiled at me.
 
“No problem, so… how about we go out tomorrow?” I was about to agree when Inuyasha cut me off.
 
“Sorry, no chance…” he said and stood up next to me. “Kagome and I have some things to do tomorrow; Sess called and invited us to his place for the weekend” I wanted to shoot myself, that meant me pretending to be Inuyasha's girlfriend. I sighed and smiled sadly at Kouga.
 
“I'm sorry, family business… but how about Monday night? I'll prepare you dinner… you do appreciate my food, don't you Kouga?” I heard Inuyasha growl a little and I felt better, Kouga nodded at me with some confusion.
 
“Yeah… so… see you on Monday?” he asked and I nodded before giving him another peck.
 
“Bye” I closed the door and I saw Inuyasha with his arms folded and looking at me. “What?”
 
“Your brother…” he whispered.
 
“What about him?” he rolled his eyes desperate.
 
“He doesn't know that we are a `couple'” I realized he was right; this was going to be so hard for me. How would Souta react? “So, what will you tell him?”
 
“I don't know… but why don't I tell him…”
 
“No” he cut me off and I frowned.
 
“You didn't even know what I was going to say!” he rolled his eyes again.
 
“What were you going to say?”
 
“I was thinking about letting Souta stay here and…”
 
“No” I got furious.
 
“You didn't even let me finish!” he let out an annoyed sigh.
 
“Sess wants your brother to be there too, Sess is having a family reunion… Rin's family along with her friends and Sess's family along with his friends so that includes you, Souta and me” I sighed.
 
“Fine!” I went upstairs stomping and I opened Souta's door harshly, he was reading something.
 
“Oh, hey sis…” he said and I sighed.
 
“Souta… tomorrow we are going over to Inuyasha's brother house and I need to ask you a favor…” he looked at me worried and placed his book away.
 
“What? What is it?” he asked and I sighed again.
 
“I need you to keep your cool since I… well, once me and Inuyasha…” he looked at me bored.
 
“Spit it” he said and I closed my eyes tightly.
 
“I'm supposed to be Inuyasha's girlfriend to help him get away from Rin's annoying friends who want to date him…” Souta's jaw hit the floor and he looked at me horrified.
 
“Why?!” he asked and I shook my head.
 
“I agreed to it a long time ago and I thought it would be only for a day… but now it got worse… so will you please be quiet and pretend everything is normal?” he folded his arms and looked at the wall.
 
“What else can I do?” I hugged him and kissed his forehead.
 
“Have I ever told you that you're the best brother ever?” he smiled and let out a chuckle.
 
“No, but I know it” I messed his hair up and he got a little mad. “I just fixed it!”
 
“I don't care, you're about to sleep… goodnight bro” I closed his door and I was about to yell when I saw Inuyasha standing out there. “Idiot! You almost scared me to death!”
 
“Yeah right, so what did he say?” I tried to catch my breath and once I was breathing normally I answered.
 
“He's cool with it, not that cool but he won't say anything” he nodded.
 
“Great, now let's go” my eyes were about to pop out.
 
“Go?! Where?!” he looked at me and rolled his eyes.
 
“To the family reunion… we were supposed to get there three hours ago but Sess didn't remind me it”
 
“What about my bags and my clothes and my…?” he pulled out of the closet three big bags and I was shocked.
 
“You didn't touch my underwear, did you?” he looked at me horrified.
 
“Fuck no! I asked Sango to do it for me…” he went over to the stair case. “Souta! Are you ready?”
 
“Yeah… I'm coming” he said and came down with a small black backpack; I looked at him a little mad.
 
“You knew we were leaving right now?!” I asked and he nodded.
 
“Inuyasha told me… but he never told me about your little secret” he shot him a furious look and Inuyasha only rolled his eyes.
 
“What are we waiting for?! Let's go now!!!” I sighed as I carried my bags to Inuyasha's car. Once Souta and Inuyasha were done placing their bags on the trunk, I sat in front and waited for my unexpected trip to begin… this totally ruined my weekend!
 
 
 
 
A/N: would you believe me that the same thing just happened to me? My mom decided that it was time for me to leave; I've been writing this on a plane as I wait to reach Ecuador… T_T I didn't even have time to say goodbye to my friends or boyfriend… T_T I won't be returning to US in a year or two so… if my updates become slower sorry but this just came up from no where… ps: if you guys are reading my other fic `Destiny's ploy' I'll update that one tomorrow or on Sunday. Review please =)