InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ inuyasha ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I hate myself, I really do. Kikyo has put me through a lot of shit and I still have the courage of defending her… I hate being me. We have been talking the whole afternoon, I didn't think that breaking up with that asshole would be so bad for her; I know I would be happy. I have to admit that I'm jealous, Kikyo and I always broke up and it was me the one who left heart broken, she didn't even seem to be hurt. I was feeling this way because Kikyo did care about him… but he didn't care about her, it sorta reminds me how the things were for me. Kikyo was my world… but I wasn't hers. I went back to the living room where she was watching a movie, she smiled and cleaned a few tears gathered in her eyes and hugged me once I sat next to her.
 
“I missed you so much Inu…” stupid nickname! Makes me sound like a fag. “I wanted to call you so many times but Naraku wouldn't let me, he was always so jealous that I would get back to you… and now, look what he did… after all that he cheated on me”
 
“He's a jerk… don't think about him” she buried her face on my chest and cried a little, I patter her back softly as I let an annoyed sigh… I didn't know that being a friend meant to play the role of a girl.
 
“Thanks a lot Inu… you're a very good friend” she cuddled closer to me and I started feeling uncomfortable. Even though Kagome dated that jerk last night, I still thought that we were in a relationship so I tried to get away from Kikyo… and to save myself a fight with Kagome.
 
“Yeah…. we are FRIENDS” I said and pulled away; she giggled a little and watched me curiously.
 
“What's wrong with you?” she asked and I sighed heavily as I stood up, I walked in front of her a few times and when I finally gathered the courage, I dropped the bomb.
 
“I'm dating Kagome” watching her expression was something fun, she tried to smile but her left eye started twitching in anger, her fake smile disappeared and she started frowning, when she was about to yell something she closed her eyes and gave me that fake smile again.
 
“I'm happy for you” she finally said and I tried not to laugh, her expression seemed to say the opposite. “I think I'm just bothering you here so… I'll gather my things tomorrow and leave”
 
“No, Kikyo… that's not necessary” she turned her face around and I heard her sobbing, I rolled my eyes and went next to her. “What's wrong?”
 
“It's just that… she… threatened me so much that… I'm scared that if I stay another day she'll kill me” she said as she cried and I shook my head.
 
“She won't I talked to her and she said she wouldn't, please stay” I don't know how but her sad expression disappeared in a few seconds and she jumped off the couch.
 
“Great! I'm gonna get some hot chocolate… want some Inu?” I nodded and she gave me one genuine smile. “I'll be right back”
 
I lay on the couch as I stared at the ceiling, I couldn't stop wondering if I did the right thing by inviting her to stay some more time. I know that after what I said to Kagome earlier she would want to kill me and I thought that maybe it was better if I told Kikyo to leave… but then Kikyo would hate me. I kept on thinking and turned around in the couch; I ended up falling and heard the door opening along with some giggles. I remained under there and saw Kagome with her stupid friend. They were talking about something and laughing, damn idiot.
 
“It's true! You could see through her clothes! That waitress should use some of her money to buy better clothes… don't you think?” Kagome said and he laughed.
 
“I don't know, I didn't notice her shirt” they laughed again and she hit him softly on the shoulder.
 
“Liar, you were watching her chest the entire time” he stopped laughing and grabbed her by the chin.
 
“Wait, you have some chocolate there” the bastard dared to lick the chocolate off her side of the cheek. That bastard was going to get his ass kicked!
 
I thought that Kagome would get mad, push him away from her and throw him out of the house but instead, he got off the chocolate and Kagome blushed furiously, then he moved his lips over hers and kissed her. First I thought of killing that bastard for having the nerve of kissing her, then I felt some heaviness on my heart when she didn't stop him and then I thought, what the hell am I doing under the couch instead of stopping him?! I raised and Kagome got scared, she looked at me with her brow arched and sighed heavily.
 
“Shouldn't you be with Kikyo?” she asked in a mad tone and I frowned.
 
“Yeah, sorry for interrupting the two of you kissing” I said and went to the kitchen. Kikyo had poured the chocolate in two cups and I heard some high heels behind me, I knew it was Kagome and I grabbed Kikyo to kiss her. I missed her kisses, she was the best.
 
“I was thinking about apologizing but I see I just interrupted you two” she said as mad as I was before and I nodded.
 
“You did, now go back to your boy out there and keep on kissing him” she rolled her eyes.
 
“You're an ass! Don't you realize all this happened because you invited your ex to this house?! How stupid from you!” with the corner of my eye, I saw her friend coming in.
 
“Oh! So I guess that kissing him to make me jealous was the smartest thing on earth! Yeah! I see a Nobel prize in your future” she groaned and poked me with her index finger.
 
“I-HATE-YOU!” she almost yelled and I got mad with her.
 
“I-HATE-YOU-TOO!” I yelled at her.
 
“You are such a copy cat! Can't you even think of something else to tell me?!”
 
“What can I say when someone tells me `I hate you'? Thank you very much?”
 
“I can't believe I considered dating you, I must have been out of my mind!”
 
“Yeah?! Well me too by asking you out! You are an annoying…” I felt someone pat me on the shoulder and I looked back at Kikyo. “What?!”
 
“Um… I'm going out for a few minutes to buy a few things” I nodded.
 
“And Kagome… I'm taking her” we both looked at them confused.
 
“What?!” we asked in chorus.
 
“You see… until the two of you stop fighting…” Kouga started.
 
“It's gonna take an eternity” Kikyo finished. “So we are going out, see you later Inu”
 
“I'll call you Kags” they left us and I thought about going on with our argument but she just groaned and walked away.
 
“Where are you going?! I'm not done with this” I said as I followed her.
 
“Well, I am” she grabbed her coat and her house keys, I got worried.
 
“Where are you going?” I asked again with my voice tone softer.
 
“No where” she said, she was about to close the door but I stopped her by grabbing the door knob and opening it again.
 
“Will you at least tell me if you're coming back?” she shrugged her shoulders.
 
“Maybe” she went out and I sighed heavily, I had screwed it up.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
It was 17 and Kagome had left at 14, I was worried. From the two times the door had opened, one was Kikyo and the other was Souta. Kikyo said she would go searching for some apartments and Souta was doing more homework. I was there in the living room hoping the door would open but it never did. An hour passed and I decided to go look for her everywhere, I realized that I didn't know much about Kagome. Just that she liked to cook and that she studied journalism but that was about it. I don't know why but I suddenly felt the urge of visiting my father's grave, I haven't been there since his funeral so I decided to go for him. I bought white roses for his grave and pink ones in case Kagome came back to the house or if I found her on my way. I entered the cemetery and when I walked to my father's grave, I found a surprise. Kagome was there sitting beside her mother's grave. I placed my hand on her shoulder and she cleaned her tears, she stood up and placed her hands on her pockets.
 
“How did you find me?” she asked and I shook my head.
 
“I didn't know you would be here, I wanted to visit my father” she nodded and we sat in front of our parent's graves.
 
“You know, when I left the house… I didn't know where to go… I walked around the city for three hours and then I remembered that I haven't seen my mother's grave in a long time” I smiled weakly.
 
“The same thought came to my mind” I said and gave her the pink flowers. “I bought them hoping I would find you on my way”
 
She smiled and kissed my cheek softly before placing the flowers on her mother's grave, I placed mines in top of my father's and we both watched the place for a few minutes before walking away. I placed my arm around her shoulders and she smiled at me, after all our fight, we could still behave like friends. We walked back to our house in silence; we entered through the kitchen door and saw a note on the fridge from Souta. `Gone to my girl's place, be back by 22'. I walked into the living room and found Kikyo kissing a man with long black curvy hair; she stopped and looked at me dazed.
 
And that's about the time I thought… why am I still hooked with her if she doesn't feel a thing for me? I know that no one could ever forget his or her first love but at least I was going to end the stupid on and off relationship I share with her. I wasn't going to be her spare date anymore!
 
“Inu! Naraku and I… were just…” so that was Naraku, I walked next to him and grabbed his hand.
 
“Nice to meet you, well… since you two seem to get along again I suggest you to go back to his place and live with him… there's no need for you to stay here any longer” I grabbed her clothes and placed them on her bag.
 
“But… Inu…”
 
“Here, enjoy” I gave her the bag and almost pushed the two of them out of my house. I wasn't mad or jealous, I felt happy because I finally knew that the stage in my life in which everything was about Kikyo was over.
 
“Are you okay? I know how much she meant to you” Kagome asked and I nodded.
 
“Yeah, I'm okay… I have you now” she sighed and looked away. “What? What's wrong?”
 
“Actually I…” the doorbell rang and Kouga appeared, I was about to hit him when Kagome got next to him and kissed his cheek.
 
“Ready to go babe?” she nodded.
 
“Just wait outside” he walked out and she closed the door, she stared at me with her big dark eyes and sighed. “Inuyasha… yesterday, when you were with Kikyo… I thought that it was time for me to move on, I really like you but I know that you will never forget Kikyo”
 
“I told you that I'm over her now” she shook her head.
 
“No, you say that but it's not true… I know you love her and that hurts me so much, you can't even imagine how hard it is for me… I decided that maybe I should give Kouga a chance, I can't keep on being hurt by you” I felt as if someone dug an arrow on my chest. “I have to go…” she kissed my cheek and I closed my eyes.
 
I sighed heavily and went up to my old father's room, I was crushed. Even breathing hurt me; it's just that I couldn't believe it. After so many years of denying him, Kagome finally agreed to be his girlfriend. I was even more amazed that it happened just when I was ready to give up on Kikyo, to never see her again, to stop thinking about her and most important… to stop loving her. It's funny how everything turned up good for everybody except for me. Now that is pure and complete irony.
 
 
 
 
A/N: Happy mother's day!!!! Now, this IS my last update till the contest is over… unless of course they decide to move the dead line date again (I just hope that doesn't happen) so anyway! I already decided, there will be 40 chapters that means 10 more chapters from now on… =( but don't worry people, I'll update slowly so you can get to enjoy every single one of those 10 chapters lol review please!!! =)