InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ kagome ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: finally the contest is over… I bet you guys were already missing this story and my updates lol so I wanted to let you know that I posted a series of one-shots while I wasn't updating this story… so anyway, the one-shots are about tragic romances and they go under the name of `The Mistakes of Love'… okay, read that and please review!!! =)
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Okay, maybe I exaggerated when I said that I was Kouga's girlfriend. I'm just dating him and even though I hate admitting it, I still feel a thing or two for Inuyasha… is so frustrating! I know he told me he would leave Kikyo but we both know it's not true, he once told me something like that and I would never forget when he told me to never mess with Kikyo meaning, she meant a lot to him… and she will always mean a lot to him. I tried to hide my anger as I had dinner with Kouga, unfortunately, I wasn't able to. Every time I drank some of my glass I slammed it against the table, I let out an annoyed sigh every 5 seconds and I clenched my fists in anger more than twice. I realized he knew how angry I was when he grabbed my hand and looked at me with concern.
 
“Are you okay Kagome?” he asked with a sweet voice, I nodded as I let out a deep breath.
 
“Yeah, I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention to what I did” I giggled nervously and he squeezed my hand lightly.
 
“Don't worry, I was too focused in your beauty like to notice” I blushed and smiled sweetly at him, he always knew how to make me smile. “So… now that we are dating, are you coming with me to Ayame's party?”
 
“I told you that I'm not going to her party, she's just gonna end hating me even more… and she's going to be crazy when she finds out about… you know” he smiled and shook his head.
 
“No, I don't know… what are you talking about?” I rolled my eyes, of course he knew! He just loved to torture me until I said it.
 
“You and I…” he shook his head again and I let out an annoyed sigh. “That you and I are dating!”
 
“I know… I just love the sound of it” I told you so, he kissed my lips softly and smiled again. “I still don't see a reason why you shouldn't come with me to Ayame's party”
 
“Because she sent you tons of signs so you could be her date… look, she first invited you… then she told you that you could bring a date and then he told you it could be anyone you want… hello?! She's the birthday girl, she's in love with you and when she told you to invite someone she meant her… she wants you to be her date” he rolled his eyes and paid the bill.
 
“She wanted me to go with someone I wanted and that someone is you…” I sighed and he gave me another kiss like before. “Will you?”
 
“Only if you promise me to keep our relationship in secret during that night” he smiled pleased and nodded.
 
“Of course I will” he started the engine and drove me off my house.
 
I looked out the window and the thought of going back home to face Inuyasha made me sick… or maybe it was the fish I had for dinner, it didn't taste that good. Whatever it was I'm sure that hell will break lose the moment I step that house. I sighed heavily as I got out of Kouga's car, we walked to the main door and he grabbed my chin gently, he moved my head up and made me look at his blue eyes which were filled with concern.
 
“You're not okay” He stated more than question. “If you don't want to come with me to Ayame's party that's fine… I don't want you to feel forced to do something you don't want to…”
 
“No, that's not it…” I sighed, how could I explain him that I was feeling this way for what I told Inuyasha? He would start thinking things that aren't, like for example… that I like Inuyasha. “Do you… want to come in?”
 
“That's it?” he asked as he smiled, I nodded as I faked a smile and he rolled his eyes. “Yes…” he finally said and we walked in, I was so shocked to find her in my house, especially talking to Inuyasha.
 
“Hey Kagome… and Kouga, I've been waiting for you guys” Ayame said as she stood up from the couch. “Inuyasha told me you were on a date, I'm glad you're back”
 
“Hi… um… what are you doing here?” I asked and she smiled.
 
“I came to invite you to my party, of course you know I'm turning 26… how does that feel?” was she calling me old? She was getting on my nerve but I also knew how to get in her nerves too.
 
“Great… once you have someone so wonderful to make you feel young” I kissed Kouga's cheek softly and I saw her becoming angry, I saw also Inuyasha looking away annoyed… I forgot he was there, dammit!
 
“As I said before I came here to invite you to my party but now that I remember, I told Kouga to go with whoever he wanted… so I guess there's no need for you to have this invitation” she walked next to Inuyasha and handed him my invitation. “Here Inuyasha… I hope you can come”
 
“Yeah…” he sorta seemed not too excited about that but took the invitation either ways, he smiled at her. “I'll try to be there”
 
“Great… see you there, bye Kouga… Kagome” she looked at me furious and walked out of the house slamming the door.
 
“I'm going to sleep” Inuyasha announced as he walked upstairs, I walked to the staircase.
 
“But it's barely 20” he looked back at me and sighed.
 
“Yeah, but I feel like sleeping” he sighed and walked upstairs as I felt my heart heavy, I now realize that I truly hurt him.
 
Kouga sat in the couch as I went to the bathroom; I looked at myself in the mirror for a few minutes. I felt a little sick; maybe the food had something wrong indeed. I felt my breathing short and tried to take deeper breaths, then I started feeling dizzy and finally when I was about to get back to Kouga, I threw up. It was nasty and I felt even worst, after a few minutes of lying next to the toilet I heard someone knocking the door, I cleaned my mouth with some water and opened the door trying to appear as if nothing had happened.
 
“What's taking you so long?” Kouga asked and I shook my head.
 
“I was looking for the aspirins, my head hurts a bit” I lied and he nodded.
 
“In that case, maybe I should leave you… you seem to need to rest” I nodded and kissed his cheek softly. “I'll pick you tomorrow at 20, okay?”
 
“Yeah, bye” he kissed my forehead and left, it was just in time like to let me be alone sick in the bathroom again.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
When I woke up, I wasn't in the bathroom anymore. I looked around, I found out I was in my old parents room. I'm amazed how I was able to walk over here or even why I don't remember it. I stood up and I felt again that horrible feeling of sickness so I ran to the first bathroom I saw and let everything out, I walked back to the room and found Inuyasha looking at me with a cup in his hand.
 
“I'm glad you're finally awake” he said and I covered my mouth to avoid him to see me dirty.
 
“What time is it?” I asked.
 
“About lunch time” he answered and walked next to me. “Here, I made this for you… It'll help you stop throwing up”
“Thanks” I said as I tried it, I almost spit it in Inuyasha's face… it tasted worst than my vomit. “Eugh! What is this?”
 
“It's an old recipe Sesshomaru and I invented… it was actually made to make people throw up but it did quite the opposite… so drink it” I smelled it and almost barf in it but I held it, I covered my nose and drank everything in a gulp. “You'll feel better in a few minutes”
 
“Thanks” I laid back in bed and he sat next to me. “You carried me over here last night, right?”
 
“You think you walked over here and lay down?” I giggled a little and he smiled. “I heard some noises and I got scared… I found you there and brought you next to me, not literally…”
 
“Thanks again...” I finished that horrible thing he gave me and I was starting to feel better. “I know this is totally random but… are you coming to Ayame's party tonight?”
 
“What for? To see you and your perfect boyfriend dancing, looking so in love and happy? No thanks…” I sighed.
 
“I think I should let you know that…”
 
“Whatever it is I don't want to hear it, I don't need to know anything” he left me there and I sighed heavily, I shouldn't be caring about that him anymore, after all… I was supposed to forget him, not to fall for him.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
I dressed in a short white cocktail dress along with low white heels and my hair tied up in a low pony tail. I walked downstairs to see my date with Inuyasha and once they heard my heels striking the cold wooden stairs, their eyes settled in me. Inuyasha's eyes were sparkling and I blushed when I discovered I had that kind of effect on him; however his eyes turned away from me when Kouga walked next to me and kissed my lips lightly and grabbed my hand.
 
“You look spectacular… ready to go?” I nodded and I watched Inuyasha walking to the kitchen.
 
“Don't let it slip” I begged and he looked at me.
 
“What?”
 
“That we are dating, Ayame will go crazy and then she might think things that aren't… like that we are a couple” he rolled his eyes annoyed.
 
“But we kinda are…” I sighed.
 
“Kouga, I told you we are just dating… that's the first thing I warned you of, I don't want you to believe that I finally agreed to be your girlfriend `cause I'm just dating you” he sighed.
 
“Alright Kagome… don't worry, let's go”
 
Kouga grabbed my hand as we stepped out of the house. I locked the main door with my key and I thought I heard someone running towards the stairs but I think I just imagined it or maybe Inuyasha went over there because he heard his cell phone, but whatever. We entered his car and I looked out the window as we rode to Ayame's house for her 26th birthday party.