InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ inuyasha ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I knew it! I just did! They are not a couple! As soon as I heard that, I waited for them to get out of the house and then I ran upstairs to change my clothes. I wanted to see her face when I saw her at the party. I grabbed my car keys and I was ready to go out when the phone rang, I cursed myself as I walked next to the phone. I checked the caller ID to find out if the in coming call was important, I was shocked when I saw the number of a person who I thought was out of my life. I stood next to the phone trying to decide what to do with the call, if I answered I would be falling again for Kikyo and I would never forget her… just like Kagome always told me and then I would end up losing her. If I didn't answer, I would be the whole night thinking about what she wanted and that would ruin the plans I have for tonight. So I did the same thing many people do, listen to answering machine… that thing is the greatest invention ever.
 
“Hey Inu… it's Kikyo, um… I see you're not home but I just wanted to talk to you about what happened and I just wanted to let you know that… I didn't go back with Naraku, what you saw was a mistake so… call me, alright? Bye” Of course I wasn't going to call her! Mistake my ass! I deleted the message and ran out to find Kagome.
 
Although I tried to concentrate in Kagome while I was driving, I was still thinking about the words Kikyo left in my answering machine. What did she mean by mistake? She didn't mean to make me see her kissing Naraku or she didn't mean to kiss him. Stupid answering machine! If only I haven't heard what she said I wouldn't be doing this now! I'll just pretend I didn't hear it, Kikyo was supposed to be out of my life, thoughts and heart… she's in the past. I finally arrived to the place where her party would be held; I didn't buy her a gift since I didn't know what to buy her but if I understood correctly what they said at my house last night, Ayame was in love with Kouga and Kagome was in her way. So, the real reason she invited me was to keep Kagome away from Kouga so she could keep him, she is just using me but as long as I keep Kagome, it works for me. I entered to the place and right when I was about to go inside the ball where she had her big party, I crashed with the birthday girl.
 
“Inuyasha… I'm glad you came here” I smiled.
 
“Yeah, so… I didn't know what to buy for you so I…” she shook her head.
 
“Your presence is the perfect present for me” she winked at me. “I'm so glad you came… so, please go in and have a good time”
 
She patted my shoulder and I let out a deep breath, that was easy… the hard part was to get Kagome without making her date furious. I sat not so far behind from her table and watched her as she laughed; he stood up and pulled her out for dance. I was furious when I saw his lips moving closer to hers but she just avoided them, I smiled and felt someone patting my shoulder. I looked back and found Rin with Sess.
 
“What are you two doing here?” I asked confused.
 
“The birthday girl is a very close friend of mine… not to mention one of Sesshy's clients” I looked at my brother who seemed to be bored as hell.
 
“Why are you here?” Sess asked.
 
“She invited me…” Rin squealed in joy.
 
“So you are the guy she has been telling me so much!” I looked at her even more confused.
 
“What?”
 
“She told that yesterday she met someone… she mostly invited him to make Kouga jealous but then she started liking him” I chuckled.
 
“Yeah, right… whatever Rin, I'm getting a glass of champagne” this was just an excuse to get away from these two but a waiter immediately showed up and gave me a glass, I cursed him lowly as he walked away. “Thanks”
 
“I can see why she likes you Yash, you are so adorable!” she pinched my cheek as if she was my grandmother and kissed it.
 
“Don't ever say something like that again” Sess said and drank some of his champagne, I finished mine and saw Ayame walking up to the stage where the band was playing.
 
“Thanks to everyone who came here to night to watch me celebrate my 26th birthday, it means a lot to me…” Everyone clapped. “Now, I please call Inuyasha to the dance floor to dance with me”
 
“What?!” Rin started pushing me over the dance floor while I was still figuring out if she really said my name.
 
“She asked you to dance with her! I told you she likes you!” she kept on pushing me and Sesshomaru laughing right next to me didn't help at all.
 
“But… I'm with Kagome!” I lied, I hoped that would help me.
 
“You guys have an open relationship, she told me the last time we visited you two… now get there and dance!” I was already in the dance floor and I saw Ayame there smiling at me, I looked back in case someone else was behind me but no, she placed her hand in front of me and as soon as I grabbed it, tango music started playing.
 
She grabbed my right hand and placed it on her hip, my left hand was with hers as she moved at the rhythm of the music. She stopped at one point and moved her left leg up to my right leg, she grabbed my hand and made me grab her leg, I felt uncomfortable so I gulped hard, I tried a trick I watched in those dancing movies so I grabbed her hand and threw her slowly towards right and then she return to me in my embrace.
 
“I didn't know you danced this good” she said as she grabbed me like before.
 
“I didn't know you wanted me to dance with you either” she laughed a little as she placed her hands around my neck.
 
“I thought you would like to give me my present, actually I was supposed to dance with Kouga but… the bastard is very hooked up with Kagome” she let her hands keep her body up and I grabbed her by the waist to pull her up, I gave her one spin and then put her back on the dance floor.
 
“I know… and I just have one question, why me?” I asked as I held up my arm and made her spin a few times.
 
“The real question should be… why not?” she embraced me and moved slowly to the front and to the back as she pulled me with her. “You're hot, good looking, apparently intelligent and you seem to make Kouga drive crazy…”
 
I didn't know how to respond to that so I just simply waited for the dance to end, she finally did one last spin and I grabbed her by the waist as she pulled her back down. The music stopped playing and people started clapping, she pulled herself up and kissed my cheek. Ayame grabbed my hand and pulled me with her to the stage, I couldn't help to look over at Kagome and her date and they were both furious.
 
“I'm glad you all enjoyed my dance with my handsome partner” I smiled at everyone who was looking at us and waved at them a little embarrassed. “Now, it's time for dinner… please everyone sit as the waiters get you your meals”
 
She pulled me by my hand to her table, where Kouga and Kagome were sitting. Kagome didn't even turn to look at me and Kouga seemed to be ready to kill me. Ayame sat and made me sit next to her. I started feeling really uncomfortable when I felt her hand resting on my knee, I gently pulled it away.
 
“Nice dance Ayame, I thought that would be the reason we were rehearsing those 3 months” she giggled.
 
“I know we did, but I didn't want to interrupt you and your girlfriend who were dancing very close a few minutes ago…” Kagome grunted and hit Kouga softly on his shoulder.
 
“You told her we are dating?!” she asked mad.
 
“I didn't mean to, I came out by accident” she sighed and he kissed her cheek. “Don't you feel better now that we aren't lying to her?”
 
“Not really” Ayame shot her an evil look for a second but immediately changed it for a smile.
 
“Well, I should have known either ways… you did know about this, right Inuyasha?” I looked at her and nodded.
 
“Yeah, a few nights ago” I answered and felt Kagome's eyes on me, I looked at her and she blushed as she gave me a sweet smile… gosh, she looked beautiful.
 
We ate in silence except for the background music performed by the band that Ayame had hired. I felt really uncomfortable, the only reason I came to this party was hoping Kagome would be away from Kouga so I could talk to her for a few minutes. I waiter or maybe Ayame's party planner whispered something on her ear so she went with her, Kouga went to the bathroom so I was left there alone with Kagome. After a few minutes of staring at her I finally gathered the courage to stand up and ask her out for a dance, I gulped hard as I waited for her to answer me.
 
“Kouga might be back in a short time” she said and I smiled to her.
 
“That's why I'm asking you now” she returned the smile and finally I pulled her to the dance floor. A soft song was playing so she placed her arms around my neck and placed her head on my chest, I grabbed her lightly by the waist and we moved slowly at the pace of the song.
 
“You're a great dancer” she complimented me.
 
“Thanks…” I said and I cleared my throat. “You look amazing in that dress”
 
“Stop it” she said and I looked at her confused.
 
“What?”
 
“You'll start flattering me and then I'll end up kissing you and I don't want that to happen because I will end up falling even more for you…” I grabbed her by the chin and made me look at me.
 
“Falling more for me?” she nodded and sighed. “Maybe you are right… but I can't hold myself when it comes to you looking so beautiful” I moved my face closer to hers to taste her soft moisten lips once again when the light of a reflector came right to my face and hers, the light immediately moved away and so did Kagome.
 
“Time for me to cut the cake!” Ayame said in the microphone and everyone gathered around her and her cake.
 
Ayame was about to cut the cake when people started cheering for her to bite it, she smiled and giggled. When she was about to eat it, Kouga quickly ran next to her and pushed her face into it, everyone laughed and since Kagome was the closest to her and due to the fact that Kouga is in love with her and I like her, she grabbed some of it and threw it to Kagome's face. Kouga laughed while both cleaned their faces.
 
“You did it on purpose!” Ayame yelled furious.
 
“What!? I didn't even think about pushing your face into the cake!” Kagome said trying to get some whipped cream off her hair.
 
“I'm gonna kill you!” Ayame was about to kill Kagome when I Kouga grabbed, Kagome was about to kill Ayame when I grabbed her.
 
“What are you doing?! Let me go!” Kagome yelled and I shook my head.
 
“I'll take you home to get cleaned…” I was walking out the room when the best idea I ever had came to my head. “Right, I almost forgot” I walked next to the cake, grabbed what could fit in my hand and placed it all over Kouga's horrible mocking face. “Did you like it? Because I bet Kagome and Ayame didn't enjoy it”
 
Once we were home, Kagome ran upstairs to clean her face. When she was down, she was in her pajama pants and with a big sweatshirt. I smiled at her as she came to sit next to me.
 
“Thanks for that” she said and placed her head on my chest.
 
“Never mind, I can't believe your boyfriend did something so horrible like that” I said and she sighed as she shook her head.
 
“He's not my boyfriend, he never was… I was just dating him but I guess that I didn't want you to hurt me anymore so I told you that stupid lie” I nodded as I pretended I didn't know.
 
“So… if he never was your boyfriend, do you think tomorrow we can go have something to eat? You know… just the two of us, as in a date?”
 
“Yes” she answered before giving me as sweet peck on my lips. “I'd love to”
 
Gosh… she's amazingly perfect, in every single way.
 
 
A/N: no, Kagome is not pregnant, it was supposed to be something she ate on dinner… yes, Kikyo is out of the house and I hope you have enjoyed this chapter… I know I enjoyed writing it, anyway guys… so my next update might take a while because my internet connection isn't working properly and because I'm about to enter to vacations!!! I'm so happy!!! Anyway! Review please!!!