InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ kagome ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I can’t believe I finally let him know what I feel for him; I’ve been hiding it and trying to dyne it for so long that I thought that those words would never leave my mouth. I don’t know… somehow it made me feel different, now that Inuyasha knew what my heart thought of him I felt better than ever. As I changed my clothes, I couldn’t stop replaying on my head when I said ‘I love you’. But then my thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of the phone. I wanted Inuyasha to answer but apparently he was busy doing something else so after the fourth ring, I grabbed it.

“Hello?” I said as I put on my shoes.

“Kagome! I’m so glad to hear you… how are things with Inuyasha?” Rin asked and I smiled.

“They couldn’t be better” I heard her squeal excited.

“I’m so happy for you guys! Anyway, I wanted to remind you two that my wedding is next Saturday” I was shocked.

“Saturday? Wasn’t it supposed to be in a month?” if was correct, since they announced their engagement it have only been 3 months.

“Oh, yeah… about that… Sess wants to move the date because that month he has a lot of work and now that Inuyasha isn’t there to help him there’s nothing he can do, anyway… I hope you two can come, I’ll be happy to see you… bye!” she hung up and I sighed.

Now I remember Inuyasha telling something about her wedding, I guess that was the reason he bought me that beautiful lilac dress that has been hanging in my closet for a few days. Inuyasha is so sweet, I’m so happy to be in love with him. I walked downstairs to meet Inuyasha and leave to our date but when I was downstairs, he wasn’t there anymore. I was confused, where did he go? I sat on the couch in case he was in the bathroom but after half an hour I realized that unless he had stomachache he shouldn’t be taking so long. I got worried but just when I was about to call to his cell phone, I heard the door open and saw him.

“You scared me” I asked and he shook his head.

“I’m sorry about that… I just went out” he explained and I nodded.

“Where?” I asked.

“I… had something to do…” he was about to go upstairs when I grabbed his hand and stopped him.

“I thought we were going out tonight…” he nodded and let out a sigh.

“Yeah… about that… I think we should leave our date for some other time, I’m not feeling okay” I nodded and kissed his cheek. “Goodnight”

I was very confused, what was wrong with him? Before everything seemed to be great and I thought it still was. Maybe he was really tired, I went to our old parent’s room and changed to my pajamas in the bathroom and lay next to him. He was acting strange and stood up, I forced a smile.

“What’s wrong?” I asked and he shook his head.

“I just… I need to be alone now” okay, this just confirmed my doubts; there was definitely something wrong with him.

“Why?” he opened his mouth but no words came out.

“I just do” he finally answered and grabbed a pillow.

“But I’ll get scared…” I reminded him and he went to Souta’s room and brought me a stuff animal and placed it next to me.

“There, he will protect you… goodnight” I looked at him as he walked towards to Souta’s room, I sighed heavily; I wasn’t going to be able to sleep comfortable tonight.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I woke up and went over to Souta’s room to find Inuyasha but to my surprise he wasn’t there, I was worried about him. Ever since last night he has been acting so weird that is hard for me to believe that he once was so sweet to me, he now even seemed to want to avoid me. I couldn’t help to ask myself why but I wasn’t able to ask him. I prepared my breakfast and hoped for him to enter through the kitchen door at any minute, I heard the doorbell and ran towards the door pleading that Inuyasha have forgotten his keys and was left outside, I groaned when I saw Sango outside the door.

“I guess you weren’t expecting me” she said as she entered and closed the door behind her.

“Sorry I was so… unenthusiastic” I faked a smile and she nodded.

“What’s up?” she asked and I let out a heavy sigh.

“I don’t know, yesterday everything seemed to be great but today… it just sucks” I sighed again and she looked at me worried.

“What did Inuyasha do this time?” Sango asked me and I shook my head.

“He is doing nothing, I ask him out and he says he’s busy, I try to be with him but he avoids me” she started thinking.

“Okay, then let me rephrase that… what did you do?” I scoffed.

“Me? All I did is telling him how much he means to me” she arched her brow.

“You said ‘I love you’?” she asked me and I nodded. “He freaked out”

“What?!” I asked amazed, how could she say something like that?

“Well, many people do… you know Miroku almost fainted when I told him that but later he came back to his senses and said he felt the same”

“Why?” she shrugged her shoulders.

“I don’t know, I guess he…” I shook my head and laughed lightly.

“No, I meant why would Inuyasha freak out?” she thought about it.

“There are two options… #1 he doesn’t feel the same way or #2 he isn’t sure that he feels the same way” I was very shocked by her conclusions, to me they seemed to be the same. “I doubt he doesn’t feel the same way… he’s just confused, give him some time”

“Alright but what happens if after a long time he doesn’t say something?” she closed her eyes and sighed.

“Then he doesn’t feel the same way” I felt my heart shatter with those words but I nodded anyways.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

The whole day I was waiting for him to show up or at least for him to call, but he never did. My heart sore and I was one step away from crying, what if he left forever? Will he really be able to leave me without even saying goodbye or even letting me know what he feels about me? Night came and I was even more worried for him, didn’t he know how much it hurt me his behavior? When I was ready to sleep, I heard the door close softly. I ran downstairs before he could even run away and found him at the kitchen searching for something in the fridge.

“Where have you been?” I asked and he shook his head.

“No where, I was just doing some errands… no big deal” he said and kept on looking for something inside the fridge.

“Alright… this is going to end right now” I said and he looked at me confused.

“What are you talking about?” I sighed annoyed.

“Why are you avoiding me?!” I finally yelled and he smiled, I hated that stupid smile, it was as if nothing wrong was going on.

“I’m not avoiding you… I had some errands” I clenched my fists and closed my eyes tightly.

“What about last night?” I asked and he thought about it or should I say making up some lie.

“I wasn’t feeling well and apparently you aren’t feeling well either, why are you this angry?” he asked and I finally lost my patience.

“Because you are being a jerk! Why don’t you tell me you what you feel for me?!” he arched his brow.

“Is that what this is all about?” he asked and I felt like hitting him.

“Yes! Don’t you think that at least I deserve your honesty?!” I asked madly and he chuckled, everything he did right now was making me hate him even more.

“Kagome… actually I…”

“Be honest! I don’t want any more lies!” I yelled and he seemed to lose his patience.

“Alright… if you want honesty, I’ll let you know what I feel… I don’t know what the fuck I feel for you Kagome” I kind of felt some relieve but at the same time I felt hurt. “I’ve been avoiding you because I didn’t want to tell you this…”

“Then why didn’t you just say so?” I asked and he shook his head.

“For what? To hear you yell at me because I’m not sure?” he asked and I felt ashamed. “I can’t deal with this now… not like this”

“Yeah… just avoid it” I snapped.

“I wish I knew what I feel… because if love is what I’m feeling right now, then it hurts me a lot what you’re saying” he said and I felt horrible.

“Inuyasha… I…” he shook his head.

“Forget it, goodnight” he mumbled.

After that he left me alone in the kitchen, I didn’t move or say something. I was going to wait for him, now I could only pray for his heart to return my feelings and tell me someday that he is in love with me. But then another thought started haunting me, what if it happened what Sango told me? If I waited for him a long time and then he will never tell me what he really feels… will I be able to feel for him so long just to hear him say something I didn’t hope for? I just watched him leave because I didn’t want to be near him the moment I dropped to my knees and cried my heart out.



A/N: 15 reviews guys?! Let me just say THANK YOU!!!! I might get to the 200 reviews… whoever writes me the 200 review will get the joy of making me happy lol I’m just kidding… well, whoever writes it will decide if Kikyo and Kouga interfere in the next chapter or not… because I was planning on bringing them back. So, moving on…

Nyuka: I never got that question before but well… since I’m too lazy like to write am or pm I write it with different numbers like 19 meaning 7 pm, 20 meaning 8 pm, etc.

Witchlit: all my chapters are about 4 pages so maybe I can make next one longer but I can’t guarantee that the ones following will be of the same length.
So guys, remember review!!! (200 I’m almost there!!!) =)