InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sui Generis ❯ The Gift of Life ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The wind roared .Snow-crested waves crashed into the sea-shore. A typhoon raged, blowing away the rooftops of houses, sending its inhabitants scurrying for cover. Even demons didn't dare venture out.
But one did.
A tall figure walked. He was not one to be afraid of the storm. The storm was to fear him. His cold eyes gazed into the distance, while the Zephyrs played with his moonlit hair. He reached his destination near the sea-shore.
He came here every day.
Golden eyes came to rest upon a line of graves. The furious crests pounded against the rocks, sending a spray of fine, cold mist into his face. Yet he remained unperturbed, looking at the last vestiges of a dried flower clinging onto a grave.
Some of the people buried here had been old. Some had been warriors. And some were too young, snatched away by the cruel hands of fate much before their time….
A tear quietly traced the fine stripes on his cheek. He wiped it away, seemingly surprised. He was youkai.He showed no emotion.
The flower still clung to the grave. Just like he would hold on to her, forever. He had remained the same. Beautiful. Immortal. Ageless.
But she had passed her life like a flower. She was a bud, then she bloomed, and then she wilted into oblivion.
He walked away, his heart heavy. He was the man who had buried a daughter