InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Teaching Rin ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer - Sesshomaru and Rin do not belong to me. In fact, none of the characters you recognize from the manga or television show does. I just own all the rest of the original character. So don't sue . I'm a college student, so you wouldn't get anything anyways. :)

A/N - Okay, here is the next little chapter for you guys. It's a great deal longer than the prologue, and I hope you guys like it.

Later,

A.A.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teaching Rin

Chapter 1

Rin stroked the silky hair of the dragon mount she was sitting on. She, Sesshomaru, and Jaken had set out on foot for the lord's meting two days ago, and were almost at the borders of the Western Lands. As of now, Rin was astride Ah-Uh, deeply in thought about her soon to be instructors. The traveling party had fallen into silence not long ago, and for once, Rin had said nothing. She knew that this meeting was to last for nearly three days. 'And what exactly am I supposed to do during that time?' she thought.

"Lord Sesshomaru?" Rin asked, turning to the demon.

"Yes, Rin?"

"How am I to choose a teacher? I have never met any of Lord Ryu's daughters before." she asked.

"You will meet them when we arrive." he said. "I care not how you choose, as long as you do." Rin was silent for a few minutes as she contemplated his words. 'So,' she thought, 'he doesn't care which one of them I choose, as long as they can teach me what I need to know.'

"Lord Sesshomaru?" Rin asked again, catching the demon lord's attention. "How many daughters does Lord Ryu have that I will have to pick from?"

"Two." he answered automatically. There was a sudden rustling above them, and Rin turned her eyes towards the heavens. Hovering above them were three green dragons, each one with a rider on its back. Sesshomaru let out a growl and put his hand on the hilt of Tokijin.

"Actually," came a feminine voice from the middle dragon as it descended down to land in front of Sesshomaru, Rin and Jaken, "he has three daughters. All though I am afraid that the youngest is often times overlooked." Sesshomaru glared and stepped between the intruders and Ah-Uh, who still had Rin perched on his back. Jaken meanwhile, was huddled behind Rin.

"Who are you?" Sesshomaru questioned coldly his eyes boring into the female who had dismounted the huge draconic beast and now stood in front of him, and beside the obvious leader of the new group. "State your business."

The female demoness smiled and bowed to them, motioning for the soldiers to do the same. Rin watched as the demoness bowed down to Sesshomaru, showing her respect to the demon lord. The demoness was definitely pretty, with jade colored eyes and long black hair that had been gathered at the nape of her neck and braided into a complex design. The demoness had a slightly tanned complexion, and wore an ornate black kimono with a silver dragon embroided on the back. Rin also noticed the slightly pointed ears and teeth of the woman.

"Forgive us, Lord Sesshomaru." She said, as she raised herself from the bow. "We are an accompaniment party, sent out by Lord Ryu to ensure your safe arrival to the castle."

"They want us there safe, so they sent a woman?" Jaken sneered, sticking his head out from behind Rin. "We need no assistance from the likes of a wench!" The young demon to the side of the formal clad female demoness frowned and stepped forward, kneeling before Sesshomaru as more of the soldiers bearing the Southern Lands crest came into sight from the surrounding trees.

"My name is Keiji, Lord Sesshomaru." he said respectfully. "I am under orders of Lord Ryu to accompany you to the castle."

"Keiji? You are one of Ryu's sons, are you not?" he asked. The demon nodded, waiting for Sesshomaru to acknowledge him. "Rise."

"Yes, m'lord." Keiji said, rising from the kneeling position. "We will continue on, if you have no objections. Lord Ryu awaits your arrival."

"Let's continue." Sesshomaru said. Keiji nodded and looked to the demoness standing beside him.

"Kaida?" he asked, "Will you keep Lady Rin company? The rest of you, spread out and secure a perimeter." Kaida nodded and mounted her dragon steed as the foot soldiers spread out and disappeared into the forest around the traveling party. Kaida reigned her dragon mount up beside Rin and Ah-Uh, a friendly smile on her face at the bewildered look on the young human's face. The rest of the emissary company spread around them, leaving only Keiji, Kaida, Sesshomaru, Jaken, and Rin to follow the path leading into the Southern Lands. Keiji and Sesshomaru quickly dropped into hushed tones of discussion, out of the hearing range of the women.

Rin reoriented herself on her stead's back as she thought up a way to strike up a conversation with the beautiful dragon demoness beside her.

"You are Lord Sesshomaru's ward, correct?" The demoness asked, looking down at Rin.

"Yes. I am." She answered happily, her bubbly nature taking over now that the tension had left. "My name's Rin. What's yours?"

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Lady Rin." she said. "My name is Kaida."

"Are you a friend of Lord Ryu's?" Rin asked. "You are dressed to pretty to be a soldier." The woman laughed and nodded at the young human's perceptiveness.

"You could say I am a friend, yes. Lord Ryu sent us here as a sort of good will ambassador to you and Lord Sesshomaru. Each of the traveling parties were met by a group similar to ours once they got close enough to the borders. It's really more for protection purposes than anything though." she explained calmly.

"Protection? But Lord Sesshomaru does not need help protecting us in his homelands." Rin said tersely, feeling insulted that this other woman believed her lord of being incapable of protecting them.

"I do not doubt that, Lady." Kaida said, noticing how the young girl got defensive on Sesshomaru's behalf. "But you are no longer in the Western Lands."

"What do you mean? Of course we are." Rin said.

"No, I am afraid you are not, Lady." Kaida said. "When we met you and Sesshomaru, you were at the borderline of the Western and Southern Lands. You are now in Lord Ryu's homelands, and as such, we are here to protect and ensure your safe passage to the castle."

"Oh, I understand now." Rin said. "Can I ask you a question, Kaida?"

"Of course, Lady." she said. "Go right ahead."

"Do you know of Lord Ryu's daughters?" Rin asked. Kaida's eyebrows raised at the question, but she only nodded.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I do." She grimaced. "I know them quite well actually. Why do you ask?"

"I am to choose one of them to be my instructor on court manners." Rin said, frowning deeply. "But I know nothing of them. Can you tell me what they are like. I am most curious." The demoness just shook her head. Kaida knew first hand exactly how Leiko and Kei were. And if one of them was to become the little human's instructor, all hell was going to break loose. The sisters, much to their family's displeasure, considered anyone with a drop of human blood running through them, completely inferior to the demon race. Ryu had tried to change their views, but nothing he said had ever worked.

"Lady Leiko and Lady Kei are well versed in courtly manners." Kaida said, holding back a grimace. "They will make wonderful instructors. They just take some getting used to. In fact, each of them were sent out to retrieve the other lords. Lady Leiko is traveling with Lord Haruto and Lady Koto of the Northern Lands, and Lady Kei is escorting Lord Ronin and Lady Nami of the Eastern Lands."

"Who else is going to be at this meeting, or is it just the ruling Lords and Ladies?" Rin asked, her curiosity piqued.

"Well, any Lord who has viable heirs usually make their sons come as well." Kaida explained. "The Lord and lady of the East will have their family with them, no doubt. Ronin has never allowed for Kentaro or Hoshi to miss a meeting. And I am quite sure that Yuri and Hoshiko will be there as well. Then, of course, Lord Haruto will have Saburo with him. My only wish is that Kiyoshi does not show up."

"Kiyoshi? Who's that?" Rin asked, cocking her head to the side and frowning.

"Kiyoshi is Lord Haruto's and Lady Koto's youngest son. Let's just say that the two of us do not get along very well."

"Is it really that bad?" Rin asked. "I was under the impression that all the ruling demon families got along quite well."

"They usually do." Kaida said. "But...well...let's just say the only reason I haven't already killed Kiyoshi is because I don't want civil war to break out across Japan."

"Oh, my! That is serious." Rin said. Kaida nodded, and Rin decided to change the subject. "Kaida, when you first met up with us, Sesshomaru was talking about Lord Ryu's daughters, and he said there were only two. But you said that there were three. Who is the other one? What's her name?"

"The youngest sister is not as well known as the other two simply because she is not like her sisters in many ways. She and her brother are only part demon, so they tend to blend into the background."

"She's only part demon? Does that mean she has human blood, like me?" Rein asked. "What is she like?"

"Well, the youngest Lady is much different than her sisters. She was trained to become a fighter, and is one of Lord Ryu's strongest generals of his army. As such, her sisters tend to disregard her at times."

"That's horrid! What's her name? I want to meet her first. Is she a nice lady?" Kaida smiled and shook her head.

"I'll be sure to introduce her when we get there." she said. "I'm sure she will be happy to meet you." Rin only nodded and continued to question the demoness for a couple more hours.

Finally, it was nearly noon, and Keiji was in the middle of saying that they were almost there when the attack came. The soldiers who had been scouting around them after being dismissed earlier by Keiji had returned to say that they were being trailed by a small group of rogue bandits. Apparently, the group of stray demons had disbanded not long after that, but when Rin heard a war cry coming right towards them, she was instantly terrified.

The warning of the incoming attackers had been brief. By the time Sesshomaru and the guards had sensed the demons, they were already swarming upon them.

"Kaida!" Keiji yelled, drawing his sword and going to Sesshomaru's side. "Keep Lady Rin safe!" Rin had seen the anger flare in the demoness' eyes as the intruding demons closed in.

"Rin! Come here, quickly!" Kaida yelled, pulling the human girl onto the dragon she was riding, and freeing Ah-Uh to go protect his lord and mistress. The group of bandits were putting up a valiant fight, but even though the scrawny beasts out numbered the small emissary party, Sesshomaru, Keiji, and the rest of the royal guards were quickly carving their way through the masses. Kaida pulled Rin's trembling body closer to her, and tried to calm the girl's shaking.

Kaida noticed a weak spot in the defensive line where a few demons were breaking through the ranks and attacking from behind.

"Rin." Kaida said calmly. "Listen to me very carefully." Rin looked up at the demoness as she untied the beautiful black kimono she had been wearing, and draped it over Rin's head, as well as the cowering form of Jaken that had scrambled up behind her. "Stay on this dragon, and do not take this kimono off of you. Do you understand me? It's made out of fire rat fur, and will protect you as long as you stay here. Okay?"

"Kaida? Where are you going?" Rin gasped as the woman slid out of the inner white kimono she had been wearing, only to reveal a dark suit of pliable green armor. "Kaida?"

"Rin, stay on that dragon!" she said. Rin watched as the graceful woman slid off of the dragon and pulled two long katanas out of the scabbards on the dragon's side, quickly join in the ranks who were fighting off the intruding bandits. Rin, still perched on the back of the dragon, covered as one particularly nasty looking demon broke past some of the soldiers, heading straight for her.

"Sesshomaru!" Rin screamed as the ugly beast pulled a knife from his belt and started forward. "Sesshomaru! Help me! Please!" The Western Taiyoukai turned just in time to see the stray demon slice down towards Rin with the crude knife.

"General!" yelled one of the soldiers, spotting the incoming blow to the girl. "Lord Keiji!" Keiji dispatched the bandit who stood before him and turned to see Sesshomaru's white blur as he raced to get to Rin in time. Before he could get there, a blinding blue light filled the air, and the demon advancing on Rin was thrown clear across the woods, uprooting a few trees along the way. Keiji breathed a huge sigh of relief, and Sesshomaru stood, shocked still.

"Quit gawking and start fighting, Keiji!" came Kaida's angry voice. "The barrier will hold until we fish them off! Lady Rin will be protected!" Sesshomaru and Keiji snarled as a few bandits dropped down from the trees and swiped at them. Sesshomaru feinted to the left, coming back to back with Kaida.

"You are a soldier, woman?" he sneered, thrusting the tip of Tokijin into an ugly snake demon.

"Amongst other things." Kaida said, using the double edged sword to cut through a few demons who rushed her way.

"What of Rin? What is protecting her?" he asked, no strain in his voice even though he had been battling just like the rest.

"It's a simple demon barrier." Kaida said easily as a badger demon took a swipe at her, only to be disconnected from his head upon turning around. "No full blooded demon will get through it. And only I can take it down." The woman had apparently lost her patience with the bandits and called out to the surrounding warriors in some foreign tongue Sesshomaru had never heard before. The affect was immediate as the soldiers took their fighting up a few notches. After a few more minutes of intense fighting, the bodies of dead demons were everywhere, and Keiji pulled one of the still struggling demons from a pile of decapitated bodies.

Sesshomaru watched as Kaida, after pulled her sword from a dead demon's throat, wiped it off and walked over to where a hysterical Rin was still perched on the back of Kaida's steed. The demoness slashed towards the barrier with the other blood soaked blade, and the glimmering light of the protective shield dispersed instantly.

"Lady Rin?" Kaida asked. "Are you okay?"

"Sesshomaru!" Rin cried. "Where is Lord Sesshomaru?"

"I am here, Rin." the taiyoukai said coldly.

"Sesshomaru! You are safe!" Rin cried, scrambling down the dragon's side and going to the Taiyoukai's side, instantly checking for any sort of wound. Kaida watched wit barely reigned in amusement as the ruthless Western demon lord was forced to bare Rin's prodding.

"If you will excuse me, my Lord and Lady," Kaida said, "I must speak with Keiji." Kaida nodded and walked over to Keiji, her pretty features turned into a scowl.

"What happened, Aisho?" she asked, reverting to the now dead language of their dragon ancestors. "The scouts reported that the group had disbanded."

"They regrouped and went around us." the soldier said. "As for the scouts, they're dead."

"Keiji!" Kaida growled, her anger shooting through the roof.

"Yes, General Kaida?" Keiji answered, coming to her side.

"Regroup your men and continue on. I am taking Lord Sesshomaru and Lady Rin directly to Lord Ryu." she said.

"Is that wise?" Keiji asked, eyeing the demoness. "They're moving targets in the air."

"It's no better here." Kaida said, eyeing him. "At least they will get within the confines of the castle more quickly this way."

"Anything else, General?" Aisho asked, bowing to her.

"You are coming with me, Aisho." she sad. "Keiji, split the remaining soldiers into quarters, and take three groups with you. Aisho, ready the rest to come with us."

"Your orders, General?" Aisho asked.

"Distribute them as you wish." She said. "We're taking the air route."

"Yes, General Kaida." Aisho said, bowing to her and backing away from the two of them. Kaida and Keiji watched as the demon began issuing orders to the remaining soldiers. Keiji turned to Kaida, a grin on his face.

"Didn't stay in that fancy kimono too long, now did you, sister dear?" he teased.

"Funny, Keiji." she replied with a frown. "Very funny. I want you to see if you can find anymore of the bandits along the path. I'm taking Sesshomaru and Rin directly to the castle."

"What do you want me to do with them? Keiji asked.

"Most of them are low level thieves." She answered. "Get rid of them. I don't want this happening again. Kill them if you must."

"Yes ma'am." he said, going back to the normal, everyday dialect all the demon lords used. "Let's get you going before the rest of us take off." The two dragon demons walked over to where Sesshomaru was positioning Rin and Jaken on Ah-Uh's back.

"Lord Sesshomaru, you will be leaving momentarily." Keiji said. "A portion of the soldiers will be accompanying you directly to Lord Ryu's castle via an air route."

"Very well." Sesshomaru answered coldly, eyeing Kaida with a look of utter loathing. "Where will she be going?"

"As a General in Lord Ryu's army, I will be escorting you and Lady Rin to the castle." She said evenly, noticing the look of disdain on his face.

"A demon wench? As part of an accompaniment guard?" Jaken scoffed from the safely of Ah-Uh's back. "What good are you?"

"Hush, Jaken." Rin scolded. "Kaida was the one who put the barrier up to protect us."

"That's enough, Rin." came Sesshomaru's warning.

"Yes, my lord." Rin said, growing quiet at the tone her guardian had taken with her.

"Let's to then." Kaida said briskly. "The sooner I get you to the castle, the sooner I can make my report to Lord Ryu."

"Let us go then." Sesshomaru said. Kaida nodded and mounted the dragon she had been riding, motioning for Aisho to lead the way. The soldiers that were to come with her, eighteen in total, took their positions, six ground, five scouts, seven airborne. Upon Aisho's signal, Kaida rose into the air as the ground troops left and the airborne soldiers quickly changed into their dragon forms.

Rin clutched to Ah-Uh's mane as she and Jaken were lifted effortlessly into the air. Sesshomaru took to the air as well, gathering his youki at his feet and forming the familiar white cloud.. Rin watched as Kaida and Aisho made a tight formation around herself, Jaken , and Sesshomaru, securely taking them out of further danger.

Rin was puzzled though. Sesshomaru had been awful complacent about the attack. She knew that under normal circumstances, Sesshomaru could have taken out all of the bandits in half the time it had taken the other soldiers, but he had let the Southern soldiers handle most of it.

"Jaken?" Rin asked, looking behind her to the little toad. "Why is Sesshomaru acting like this? He could have defeated the attackers in half the time, but he allowed Kaida and the other soldiers to do most of the work. Why?"

"Ignorant human!" Jaken said disgustedly. "This group of escorts were sent to protect us, and if Lord Sesshomaru had taken out all of the bandits on his own, it would have dishonored Lord Ryu, and his soldiers.

"Oh, I understand now." Rin said happily, thinking she had figured it out.. "He did it because he did not want to seem rude."

"You hardly grasp the concept I speak of, wench!" Jaken said haughtily. Rin's happy demeanor quickly fell at the ugly toad's condescending tone. "You would not understand the honor ties between royal families. You have much to learn before you can ever be considered a proper lady of master Sesshomaru's family. It will surprise me greatly if you ever accomplish a third of what you need to, just in order to not embarrass lord Sesshomaru."

Rin was almost in tears when Jaken had finished his dismissive monologue. He had been being particularly mean to her lately, and Rin could not figure out exactly why. She knew Jaken cared little for her, unlike Sesshomaru. The great taiyoukai had reprimanded his servant on numerous occasions on Rin's behalf, each punishment often times leaving Jaken with an umber ob bumps and bruises on his head, but it did not seem to do any good.

"But, Master Jaken...." Rein said, trying to defend herself form her overly critical caretaker. "That is why I must learn from the Lord Ryu's daughters."

"Humph! The ladies will not be able to teach a human wench like you anything."

"But, Master Jaken..."

"I beg to differ on that point." Came Kaida's strident voice. "Just because Rin is a human does not mean she cannot learn our ways and customs."

"Kaida!" Rin said, happy to have someone defending her.

"You would say that, wouldn't you?" Jaken sneered. "Your blood is not pure like your father's, is it?" Kaida growled and made to reach for the green creature, but Sesshomaru's cold voice stopped her.

"That's enough, Jaken." he said, drifting to Rin's side, a frown on his face. "Quit your incessant babbling."

"Yes, m'lord." he answered nervously, instantly contrite. "Of course, m'lord. Forgive this humble servant." Sesshomaru glared at the toad and Kaida tried to grab Rin's attention.

"Would you like to ride with me, Lady Rin?" She asked kingly. "I do believe there were some questions you had for me to answer."

"Yes, please." Rin said. "If I may that is."

"It is up to Lord Sesshomaru." Kaida said nodding towards the Western Lord.

"May I, my lord?" Rin asked.

"If you wish." Sesshomaru said boredly. Rin smiled and Kaida reached across her steed's body, plucking Rin from her sat and settling her in front of her own body.

"How much longer until we reach the castle?" Rin asked.

"We will be there shortly." Kaida said with a smile. "Within the hour." Sesshomaru nodded and resumed his position in front of the two women.

"So, Kaida, what are we supposed to do when we get to the castle?" Rin asked.

"Well, Lord Sesshomaru will begin the meetings as soon as the other lords get there." she said. "As for you, I don't know. You will need to meet Lady Leiko and Lady Kei, but other than that, I do not know."

"Is there a library in the castle?" Rein asked.

"Yes, a very extensive one, as a matter of fact. I take it you've been studying your subjects?" Kaida asked.

"Yes, but I prefer being outside." Rin said with a grimace. "It's so stuffy inside the castle sometimes."

"Well, the gardens should be able to keep your interest for a while. There is a maze of hedges in the Eastern garden. It was created for Lord Ryu's youngest daughter. In the center is a large fountain and koi pond, but only she and the maze's creator have ever been able to get through it. I'm sure she wouldn't mind letting you give it a try."

"Ohh, I can't wait." Rin squealed. "It sounds like so much fun." Kaida only smiled and nodded. The rest of the trip, they continued to talk, Kaida answering questions Rin threw at her, but never telling the young human girl who Ryu's youngest daughter was.

By the time they arrived at the castle, Rin was overflowing with excitement. The accompaniment party landed in the courtyard of the vast grounds, immediately being swamped by servants. Kaida dismounted and assisted Rin in getting off. A line of servants appeared at Kaida's side.

"Seiko!" Kaida called, once again reverting to the dead language of her ancestors.

"Yes, Lady Kaida." came a small, well dressed cat demon, answering in the same tongue. Kaida nodded towards Sesshomaru and Rin.

"You are to take Lord Sesshomaru and Lady Rin to the guestrooms in the Eastern wing." Kaida said kindly.

"The ones overlooking the garden and maze?" the servant answered.

"Yes." Kaida said. "Tell Lord Sesshomaru that dinner is served at six, and a servant will come to get him if needed. Father will make any announcements at that time."

"Yes, Lady." she replied. "But what of you?"

"I have to report to father before anything else." she said. "Is Leiko or Kei back yet?"

"Lady Leiko has returned, but Lady Kei has not." Seiko answered.

"So Haruto and his family are here?" Kaida asked.

"Yes, Lady." the cat demoness smirked. "And before you ask, Kiyoshi is with them."

"Damn." Kaida murmured. "Well, get those two settled while I report to father." The cat demon nodded and looked down at Rin as she walked over.

"Lady Rin, will you please come with me, and I will show you to your chambers." She said, bowing to the girl. Rin sighed and looked to Kaida.

"Will I see you again before I leave?" she asked.

"You will see me soon, Lady." she reassured her. "I'm always in and out of the castle." Rin nodded and followed Seiko to where Sesshomaru and Aisho were starting to discuss something. Kaida watched as the Western taiyoukai and his ward left out to go into the castle. She took her swords from her dragon's sides and turned to walk towards a side entrance that led straight to her father's quarters when a very aristocratic voice mad her blood run cold.

"Kaida, my love." came a smooth voice from behind her. "Still running with your father's solders. Didn't I tell you that you needed to stop that. You are going to injure yourself some day and not be able to bare me any heirs when we mate."

"Would it get you to leave me alone if I did that, Kiyoshi?" Kaida asked, turning to face the arrogant son of the Northern Lord. The cat demon only smiled at her, as though she had said nothing rude or indifferent. The proud cat demon stood a little over six feet tall, broad at the shoulders, and built like any other soldier. His blonde hair was cut short, except for the two small braids on each side of the nape of his neck. His red, cat slit eyes seemed to dance with superiority as he looked at Kaida. "You're as presumptuousness as ever, I see. Good to know some things never change."

"Aww, you wound me, love." he said, placing a hand over his armor clad chest, right over his heart. "Is that a way to treat your future mate?"

"Future mate? Right." Kaida said. "If you'll excuse me, I need to report to my father."

"Ah, yes. The elite General Kaida, reporting to her father." he said. "You do realize that when we mate, you will not be leading any armies."

"And you do realize that I could not care less about your idle threats?" she sneered. "Now excuse me." Kaida stepped back and walked towards the castle, her head held high.

Up above them, in a tower of the castle, Lord Ryu watched as his youngest daughter - and lest general of his army- staled away from the proud Lord Kiyoshi. He had seen the diminished size of the accompaniment party he had sent to the West, and immediately realized they had been attacked. He watched as Kaida instructed Seiko to take Sesshomaru and the little human girl Sesshomaru kept as a ward to their quarters. He noticed how relaxed she had been with the girl and wondered is she had told Rin about being his daughter.

Kaida tended to leave out her station in the royal family as a Lady of the South, preferring to be known only as a soldier and General in Lord Ryu's army. Ryu had never understood why she did that, especially when his other daughters relished n the attention their stations brought them. Even Kaida's twin brother Keiji wore his station as a young lord of the South proudly. But Kaida, she preferred the dojo to the banquet halls, a sword in her hands and fire rat armor on her body than silk fans and beautiful silk kimonos. 'I won't be a helpless woman, human blood or not!' she had said one time.

Ryu shook his head and realized once again that the marriage Kaida had been forced into by her late mother would never work out. Kaida was headstrong, stubborn, and cocky at times, three things that the make of Kiyoshi could not be. 'She's to muck like Sesshomaru.' he thought. 'Single mindedness and cold at times.'

Sesshomaru was another problem. Ryu had agreed to let one of his daughters go with the Western lord in order to teach Rin the mannerisms of the demon courts, and he was suddenly wondering how good of an idea it was. Rin was a human, and Leiko and Kei were adamant demon supremacists, despite the way that had been raised. And Kaida and Sesshomaru would butt heads an probably destroy half of the Western lord's castle long before Rin was ever taught anything.

A sharp succession of knock on his door brought him out of his revere. Kaida was standing outside, waiting to report on the fight, and he knew it.

"This is going to be a long couple of days." he said, sitting down at his desk. "I hate these meetings!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

A/N - Okay, how'd that chapter sound? Is everything confusing? I sure hope not, but ....

Anyway, I hope you guys liked it. I've got one more chapter to send out to ya.

Later,

A.A.

Oh, and remember to let me know what you think. I've got a couple of ideas for different stories going on through my head, and I want to know if this one is worth continuing.

Later.

:)