InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tear Drops ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tear Drops
By: DarkCrystalis

Disclaimer#1: Although I hate to admit it, I don't own any of the Inu Yasha characters in my fanfics. BUT, if I create any originals…they are mine…ALL MINE to do whatever I want with. Mydisclaimer applies to all chapters of this story.

Disclaimer#2: Any songs used in this story were not written by me, or sung by me; they were all originally written and sang by Linkin Park.

Disclaimers 1 and 2 apply to all chapters in this story, Tear Drops.

Summary:

Sango is a working woman at Taisho Corps that's endured more than anyone ever should. However, when she reads an email about reuniting bands, memories of the band that used to be plague her thoughts. Will Sango, Rin, and Kagome jeopardize their high profile jobs to sing together again as "Darkest Wish"?

XxXx

Chapter One

Sango looked out the window of her `home', saddening thoughts clouding her mind. Although it had been so long ago, she just couldn't forget what had happened.

It was all a mistake, purely coincidence, and yet…it was something that had completely changed her life.

Is it better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all? Sango had always wondered about this question, and finally, she had the answer.

No longer able to suppress her emotions, a lone tear streaked down her face, then another, and another. The tears poured down, unable to stop themselves. Finally being able to compose herself and sighing dejectedly, Sango quickly wiped them away. This wasn't a time for tears, besides; the last thing she needed was someone walking in and seeing her in this sort of state.

Just as she closed her eyes, someone knocked and before waiting for a response, entered the room. She stared at the nurse that was holding the needles in her hand, and began to uncontrollably shake with fear.

“No, not that, please, not that! I'll be fine, I don't need them! No, no, NO!”

Before anything was done, the nurse gave the girl pity. She had gone through so much, although she didn't know the full story. Seeing a pleading look in the girls' eyes, she decided to make a compromise.

“Tell me what's on your mind, and I'll postpone this for a while.”

Sango looked at the door that had long since slid shut, its thick metal making a `clang' sound as it closed. Fearfully, she looked in the nurse's eyes and nodded her head; at this point she would do anything to keep the needles at bay.

Closing her eyes, Sango started to speak, although somewhat shakily.

“And so, my story begins…”

XxXx

A Few Years Ago…

Sango hesitantly entered the building.  At long last she had finished university, and would now, hopefully, be joining her friends at Taisho Corporations.

Due to her insistent work for valedictorian status from high school, Sango managed to get her business degree in university with honours. It had been hard-going the whole time, but after five, long years, it was worth it.

Smiling broadly, despite her nervousness, she walked over to the desk and asked the secretary if she could speak with Mr. Taisho.

Eyeing her skeptically, the secretary snapped her gum and pointed her finger to the elevator.

Floor 30, room 101, at the end of the hall; he's in a meeting, so...you can like...wait until likehe comes out.

She snapped her gum again, and looked at her expectantly for an answer.

Umm...yes, of course. I'll go up and wait.

Not willing to embarrass herself more, Sango speed walked to the elevator and breathed a sigh of relief when she got inside.

Unfortunately, she didn't realize there was someone else there, and when a man spoke to her, she physically jumped and yelped a little.

What were you doing, trying to scare me like that?!

I didn't mean to, 'mam. I was just going to as what floor you're going to.

Oh...right. 30th floor, please.

As the elevator rode upwards, she felt bad for getting mad at him.

Look, I...I'm sorry. I'm just really nervous, you know? I'm afraid I'll say the wrong thing, or...well...I'm sure you know what I mean. Umm...you do understand, right?

The concierge looked her and smiled easily.

The poor girl looks like she's about to have a nervous breakdown.

Of course I understand, but ah...no more time for our rattling, it's your floor!

Before Sango could even ask for his name, she was ushered out of the elevator and left standing alone in a huge room. From where she stood, she could see down the hallway, and at the very end was a room with a thick, black door.

That looks like it might be Mr. Taisho's room, but...he's in a meeting...

Sango opened her bag and pulled out her cover letter, resume, and reference letters. With slightly shaking hands, she ruffled through the papers, reading them over in assurance so that she would know what to say and when.

Glancing at her watch, she could tell she had been waiting over an hour by now, and nearly groaned.

I've heard of meetings that last hours upon hours...I wonder how much longer I will have to wait?

After yet another hour, Sango was becoming frustrated.

Maybe he forgot that I'm even here...or maybe there isn't a meeting...

Out of boredom, Sango picked up her stenciling book and began to draw one of the leather chairs across from her. The leather chair drawing ended up turning into a drawing of the whole room.

Dark blue walls, black leather furniture, mahogany wooden tables...everything was rich and precise. With her dishelved appearance, she seemed as out of place here as she would in a white dress on a black canvas.

Despite the fact that she knew this was important, things were becoming ridiculous. Waiting almost three hours for merely an interview? Mr. Taisho must have known she was coming, after all. Was this a test to see how much patience she had? If it was, she was failing miserably.

Sango decided she couldn't sit any longer, and got up on her feet. Leaving her bag on the chair, she began to pace and think to herself.

My interview...how will I introduce myself?

Peering to make sure no one was watching, she began to speak out loud.

My name is Sango Tan and I've just graduated from Riko University...

Sango's eyes widened and she dropped her head.

SHIT! What am I supposed to say next?

A voice from the doorway stopped her cold.

I believe you should apologize for using such inappropriate language.

Turning around, she looked at the man with long, silver-white flowing hair and piercing golden-brown eyes.

Sess....Sesshoumaru?!

Quirking an eyebrow, he smiled mentally at her obvious shock.

What are YOU doing here? I thought...

Didn't you know my father owns the Taisho Corporation? Seems like we have a lot to catch up on; follow me.

Sango's jaw dropped, and she meekly nodded, following him southwards to the intimidating office.

Several men and demons passed her on their way out, some acknowledging her presence by nodding their heads, others completely ignoring her.

So Iguess there really was a meetingbut Sesshoumaru was the organizer of it?!

Sango had known Sesshoumaru ever since she started university. Rin, her long time best friend from high school, had fallen in love with him the moment she had seen him. Despite the fact that she was only 18, she knew what love was, and was determined to have what she wanted.

It wasn't hard; Rin's sweetness and charm was something everyone admired. Her enthusiasm and energy were never ending, not to mention she was one of the most caring people that had ever fully understood Sango.

When they had both taken the business route for their career, it was easy for them to work together on almost everything. Projects, essays, and even independent out-of-school work were things they did together.

Sesshoumaru was several years older than Rin, but it didn't matter. Because of Rin's personality, she was well known over the university in a short period of time.

Soon enough, Sesshoumaru had heard enough about her, and wanted to meet her for himself. Despite his cold demeanor, Rin had always known there was more to him then that, which was why they had gotten together.

Over the long years at their university, their union had never been broken. In time, Sesshoumaru had decided she would become his life mate, and that they would be together forever. Rin of course had no objections, and soon after things ran their course.

After a long four years together, Sesshoumaru proposed to Rin, and she accepted. Now, they have been together for over five years, and married for just over one.

They wanted children, but Rin wanted to get herself established in the Taisho Corporation first. The Taisho Corporation actually belonged to Sesshoumaru's father, Inu Taisho, so getting Rin into the company was no problem. His son, on the other hand, wanted more than just a job.

Sesshoumaru had gotten good grades all throughout university, and felt his work needed to be repaid fairly. Because of Sesshoumaru's hard work, Inu Taisho promoted his son to vice president, and watched him run the company under his wing. Sesshoumaru had been vice president for over a year now, and was getting better and better as he went along.

Sango had never known Sesshoumaru was the vice president of the Taisho Corporation, mostly due to the fact that she was never told his last name. Needless to say, it was blatantly apparent she hadn't expected to see him here today, and that was the cause of her shock.

Sango took a deep breath and instantly relaxed, knowing that somewhere in this building, Rin was lingering. She had always known that Rin worked for the famous Taisho Corporation, but as to how she had gotten into the company never entered her mind.

It was rather funny that Rin had never really talked about her and Sesshoumaru's job before, and Sango decided she would have to remember to question her about it later. For now, she had an interview to attend.

XxXx

So, Miss Tan...

Please call me Sango, after all...we are friends, aren't we?

Sesshoumaru quirked an eyebrow, and merely nodded.

Very well; our interview ends here. I expect you to be here tomorrow morning at 8am.

Uhh...may I ask what for, Sesshoumaru?

Your new job, of course; you will be Miroku Rai's secretary; he works on the 25th floor. He has known us since our first year of university, although I do not believe you have ever met him. Good luck, most girls have a lot of trouble working with him, but I have confidence in you.

Anyway, I have no more time to waste; I could have hired you before this interview even started. Your credentials seem to be in good order; now go, and don't prove me wrong about hiring you tomorrow morning.

Yes...yes sir! I mean...Mr. Sesshoumaru sir!

Sesshoumaru will do.

Sango scrambled out of the office, and sagged against the closed door of the office the minute she had gotten out. Her knees had gone weak, and it seemed as though she was having a little trouble walking.

Seeing a man approaching her direction, she nearly groaned out loud. Her co-workers would be seeing her in this state so soon? She didn't think they would see her like this until next week.

Attempting to stand up on wobbly legs, Sango felt her knees giving out. Just as she was about to drop to the ground, the man dropped his folder of sheets making them fly everywhere, and broke in to a run. Rushing to save the "damsel in distress" he managed to grab her by the arms before she collapsed on the ground.

Oh dear, it's not good to come to work drunk on interview day, he managed to say with a smirk on his lips as he helped her up.

That's not funny, you know... she trailed off when she felt something on her rear.

Annoyingly, she turned her head around just in time to see his hand rubbing her bottom, and she fumed.

Sango picked up her hard covered book and slammed it over his head....

-WHACK!-

The poor man fell to the ground and Sango huffed.

From on the ground, Miroku looked up hopefully at her, and then grinned devilishly.

Dear, will you bear my children?

Sango
's face contorted, showing nothing but being completely appalled

I don't remember asking for your help! And for the life of me when I come here to work tomorrow, or any other day for that matter, I hope I don't have to see YOU ever AGAIN!

As a side note, she glared down at his form that was still on the ground.

You'd be lucky if I spoke to you again, never mind bearing your children!

Still fuming, she walked away, not bothering to ask for a name or who he even was.

Miroku stared at her as she made her way back down the hall to the elevator.

This will be interesting...a fiery girl is the kind I need!

As if nothing had happened, he walked down the hall to retrieve his fallen papers. Putting them back in the folder, he made his way to Sesshoumaru's office, without bothering to knock.

Hey, these are the insider papers you wanted from the Naraku Corporation...

Sesshoumaru looked up from the document he had been reading and could see clear questioning in the monk's eyes.

Miroku Rai's grandfather and father had both studied to be priests, and so Miroku easily followed in their footsteps as he grew up. Having strong beliefs in god and hope, he was something the company needed at the moment.

Miroku had tired of being just a priest, and strangely enough had always loved paperwork and advertising.  Going to college and university for him was a breeze, so he passed with flying colours.

At his stay in university, he had met Sesshoumaru, and the two soon became close friends. Being a close friend of Sesshoumaru's was a big help to him in the long run, because now he worked with one of the most famous corporations in Japan.

What is your question, monk?

Who was that...woman?

Sesshoumaru almost laughed at seeing how curious the monk was. To hear him stutter over saying a girls name was quite funny; normally he was blunt and one of the go get her types of men. Seeing him in such a nervous mess made him smile a small smile.

She is your new secretary, Sango Tan.

Miroku's eyes widened at first, and then he nearly howled with pleasure.

Nodding his head with approval, he went to leave the room, but Sesshoumaru stopped him.

Don't you dare fuck anything up; she is different, and needs to be treated accordingly.

Miroku decided not to comment, and merely continued his walk to the elevator, back to the 25th floor.

So much for her not seeingme again...

XxXx

Sango walked out of the office building with her head held high.

How dare he? Who does he think he is? I mean
what a bad first impression!

Sango stopped her previous train of thought, only to enter a more positive one.

Well, I wont worry too much about itI doubt I'll see him again any time soon.

Keeping that last thought fresh in her mind to keep her calm, she walked home to her dojo, and decided some working out would make her feel better.

Just envision his face as the punching bag, and all will be well.


Walking inside her home, she made her way to the small bedroom and stripped off her business clothes. Throwing on her black leather battle gear and pulling her large bone boomerang from out of the closet, she made her way downstairs to the big, empty training room.

Positioning the boomerang in the right position, she threw it and watched carefully for its perfect return.

The size and weight of the boomerang had become second nature to her within a few days of using it; she had
always caught on quickly whenever it came to learning anything dealing with battles and weapon use.

After an hour or so of constant working out, she went to the kitchen and fixed herself a salad.

Munching slowly, all she could keep seeing was the stupid business man that had groped her earlier.

I'll properly chew him out tomorrow, she silently promised.

Exhausted, but sweaty, she went upstairs to her bedroom and got into the shower, allowing the hot water to ease the tension in her sore muscles.

Yes, I'll definitelydo something about this tomorrow.

Changing into her night clothes, she looked at the clock, and realized it was only 8pm. Sango was already exhausted. Groaning, she managed to get into her bed before passing out.

It had been a long day.

XxXx

The Next Morning


SHIT! I'M LATE! I wasn't expecting being late to happen THIS soon! Not for another few days, anyway

Sango looked at her digital clock yet again. She could make it on time, if a miracle was granted to her out of no where.

As Sango ran downstairs to shove some food down her throat and fill her belly, she brushed her hair, avoiding the mirror at all costs. She always looked like crap in the mornings.

Rushing to the kitchen and filling the kettle, she put it on the stove and ran back to the bathroom. Sango grabbed her toothbrush, carelessly squirting some toothpaste on top of the dry bristles.

Brushing her teeth while she put her shoes on at the same time nearby the door
didn't help matters either; she couldn't see what the hell she was doing. Discarding her brush on the floor under the closest table and throwing on a light jacket, she bolted out of the door.

Realizing she
'd left the kettle on, she cursed out loud and ran back into the house.

Dumping the contents into the closest clean-looking canteen, she tossed in the tea bag and screwed on the lid.

Running out of the house for the second time
that day, she hoped she wouldn't be TOO late.

Something told Sango that her first day at work was going to be a disaster, which was a shame, really. She had tried to look good for the interview, but on her first day, when the most impressions were made, she would look like complete shit. She
didn't even get to shower!

Poor thing.

Unlocking her car with the keys, she pulled it out of the driveway, speeding onto the nearest highway. It was
approximately a fifteen minute drive, but she was already supposed to be there five minutes ago.

Getting there ten minutes later, Sango rushed into the building, ignoring the looks her new coworkers were giving her.

They probably just see me as someone new, and are trying to figure out who
Iam.

Absent
mindedly pushing the button for the 25th floor, she tapped her foot in annoyance. It felt like the elevator was going so slowly, although it actually wasn't any slower than the day before.

Stepping out into the new office space, she ooh-ed and awed for a moment before gaining her wits. She was to be working with Miroku Tan, and she was excited. Remembering she was late, her heart fell, hoping he
wouldn't be too angry at her.

I didn'tmean to be lateit was all an accident, really.

My alarm clock
didn'tgo off at the right time.

Then
Iforgot the kettle was on as Ileft the house, and had to go back inside to turn it off.

There was some minor traffic on the way here, too


And to top it all off the
elevatorwas running slower than usual.

Sango imagined what she would tell him as she walked to his office. It was nothing but the truth; okay, so maybe the traffic and slow elevator parts were lies, but the rest weren
't. No matter how much Sango thought, it didn't matter; what employer would want to hear mindless excuses, especially on the first day?

Knocking on the door and hiding her nervousness, she listened to the
pleasant one moment please! with enthusiasm.

I will go through with this and merely apologize for my tardiness. There is nothing else Ican.....

Her thoughts stopped cold when she saw who it was.

The man who had groped her the day before
was her new boss?!

My dearest Sango, you are not only late, but you are also in your pajamas!

XxXx

Author's Note:

That, ladies and gentleman, was my first chapter. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as
I did! Review notes will be done, as long as readers don't mind.

However
, reviewsare not demanded, norexpected, butare accepted graciously.

Thank you to everyone that reads this, and
I hope you continue to do so!

~DarkCrystalis