InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tear Drops ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tear Drops
By: DarkCrystalis

XxXx


Chapter Two

Growling quietly as she photocopied the business sheets, she sighed at her bad luck.

Not only had Sango come to work in pajamas, but she also came late.

Embarrassingly, her new boss, Miroku (the name he insisted she call him), referred her to the office's manager. He called her the “head-honcho with sweetness,” and that she wouldn't mind Sango's minor clothing problem at all.

It's the first day, and I already have to go see the big boss…I hope she's as nice as everyone around here says…

Sighing heavily upon entering the elevator, she silently rejoiced at the valet's absence. Things would have been a lot worse if he was here.

Pressing the button for the 30th floor, she nervously tapped her foot on the wooden tile floor. The classical-elevator music was playing on the PA above her head, but Sango paid it no heed; She was too damn nervous.

After what seemed like forever, she stepped out, and had a few heads turn around and stare at her.

Sango must have looked like an idiot, working in a high class business building, wearing pajamas.

This was ludicrous, really.

Ignoring their quiet laughter and disapproving glares, she marched proudly with her name tag on the top left of her pajama shirt.

Pausing before the boss's door, she took a deep breath, doing her best to calm her nerves.

However, inside that office…

XxXx

Ahhh! Quickly, press the “e” and “v” hotkeys for the Freeze and Frost Novaskills!!! Crystal Maiden, kick that Rhasta's ass!

After her opponent was killed yet again, a smirk appeared on her face.

“G
ets him EVERYTIME!” she exclaimed out loud to the computer happily.

The words
“DarkCrystalis is on aKILLING SPREE!” appeared across her computer screen, which made her rejoice.

In the chat, she grinned, and began to type
as fast as lightning.

DarkCrystalis: Jeeze, don't you think you could do a little better, ST?

ST: Apparently not, but don't worry, when I come back and hex you, then use my ultimate; I'll kill you.

DarkCrystalis: Didn't you say that LAST time? I've killed you three times now! Remember my “KILLING SPREE”? Are you sure you don't want to give up?

ST:

DarkCrystalis: That's what I thought; now I'll go buy some more items to kick your ass even MORE!

Bringing her hero to the healing station in her base, she quickly bought a mana regenerating item, (a “Sobi Mask,”
which regenerated mana 50% faster for only 350 gold) and then “Boots of Speed,” (for 500 gold) which made your character run faster in or out of battle. They were a good investment for any character you chose, really.

About thirty seconds later,
(just after she finished buying her items) her opponent was reborn into the world of Dota (the game they were currently playing).

He was actually pretty good in general, and had beat her a number of times in the past, but it was just too much fun creaming him with her best character, which was the “Crystal Maiden.”

After picking up a hidden item in-between the middle and top paths, she became invisible for thirty seconds, and stealthily snuck up behind her opponent.

Freezing him, and the using her ultimate, “Freezing Field,” she watched in a trance-like state as the small snowy explosions filled the screen for three seconds.

Unfortunately for ST, she killed him instantly; his hero, Rhasta, tended to have low health…

The words
“DarkCrystalis isDOMINATING!” appeared across the screen, which made her cry out.

Only about a minute later, however, her opponent became annoyed beyond explanation, and did the unthinkable.

ST has left the game.


Sighing heavily, she swiftly turned her head around at the knocking on her door.

Exiting off of
WarCraft 3: Frozen Throne, she slammed down her laptop, and called out,

“Come on in!” to the person at her door.

The last thing she needed was one of her co-workers catching her on a teenager's
to youth's online game, instead of doing work…

Sango nervously walked in with her pajamas on, seeing the boss's head from the back of her huge office chair.

Swivelling around, she smiled a huge smile when she realized who it was.

“RIN!”

The woman's previous confusion was answered, and in immediate response, she bounded out of the office chair to hug her close friend.

“Oh my god, I haven't seen you in ages!” Rin exclaimed, still hugging one of h
er best friend from University.

After they let go, Rin began to laugh at Sango's attire.

“I'm sure you knew that I worked here, and would be easier on you, but we still have an office dress code…”

Sango paled slightly, and then an explanation rushed out from her lips.

As if expecting this, Rin grinned, and ran over to her filing cabinet. Unlocking and opening the bottom drawer, she pulled out a pair of black pants, and a light blue shirt with thin white stripes.

“I think this will fit you,” she said with a bright smile, and Sango accepted the articles of clothing, being enormously thankful.

“I didn't know you were the BOSS here…I thought you would just be one of the
upper-class workers, you know?”

Rin shook her head, and the beamed at her friend.

“When do you have a break for lunch? We could talk, and catch up on things then!”

Sango cocked her head to the side at her friend, in confusion.

“But…but you're a boss! Do you really have time to be having long lunch breaks and stuff? Don't you have a lot of work, or something? I'd love to see you, but if you don't have that time…”

Rin waved her hand in the air in a helpless gesture, trying to come up with a way to explain.

“We might be in control, and it's true that there's a fair amount of work, but we don't do as much as you think,” she added a wink to emphasize her point.

“Oh…” Sango added, seeing her point immediately.

“Well, I'd have to ask Miroku when my bre--”

Sango was instantly assaulted by Rin's frightened expression.

“Rin, are you alright?” Sango asked with clear concern in her eyes.

“You're working with…MIROKU? Sesshou put you with MIROKU? How could he do that?! Has the pervert groped you yet?”

Sango blushed and looked away, but Rin noticed anyway.

“I'm going to KILL him!” she yelled out to no one in particular, and then looked apologetically at Sango.

“You see, he's a
wonderful worker, and is easy to talk toover the phone, that is…but the minute he sees a woman, he gropes them, and asks if she will bear his children…”

Sango's eyes seemed to bulge out of her head at this proclamation
, remembering when he'd said that to her earlier…

Flashback

“Dear, will you bear my children?”

“I don't remember asking for your help! And for the life of me when I come here to work tomorrow, or any other day for that matter, I hope I don't have to see YOU ever AGAIN!”

As a side note, she glared down at his form that was still on the ground.

“You'd be lucky if I
spoketo you again, never mindbearing your children!”

End Flashback

HE ALREADY ASKED YOU? My god…he's going to get it, that's it…THAT'S THE LAST STRAW!”

The normally excited, happy, and easy-going
Rin flipped out right before Sango's eyes.

Catching her arm before she left her o
ffice, Sango pleaded with Rin.

“Please Rin, it's no big deal, I promise! If he proves to be a problem, I'll mention it to you, okay?”

Rin looked deeply at her friend, and then smiled.

“You already like the bastard! Damn, you move quickly, don't ya? Okay, I'll take your word for it; but I swear, if he tries anything funny…”

“I'll let you know right away!” Sango finished, smiling at her.

After a moment of silence, Sango spoke up once more, changing the subject.

“Well, I have a lot of photocopying to finish up, I just wanted to get the clothes…” she trailed off, smiling sheepishly.

“Do you know where the washrooms are, so you can change? Don't worry, these aren't like any public bathrooms; they're cleaned three times a day: morning, noon, and night. Besides, if there
are any problems with hygiene in there, just call one of the janitorial staff, because they're on call all day long. They aren't paid for nothing, ya know.”

Rin playfully nudged Sango's shoulder, and then gave her another smile.

“Thanks Rin! So, I'll see you around 1pm, then?”

Rin checked her watch, seeing it was just after 9:30am.

“Yep, I'll come down to meet you.”

“Great! I'll see you soon!”

With that, Sango walked out of the office, with her change of clothes in hand.

I'm glad to see that Rin hasn't changed one bit…I'm really looking forward to seeing heat lunchtime!

Making her way back to her floor, Sango quickly changed in one of the
clean (for a change) bathroom stalls, and then got back to photocopying some reports.

XxXx


Ho
wever, after Sango had left, Rin sneaked her way out of the 30th floor, and downstairs to where Miroku's office was…

XxXx


20 minutes earlierat Sesshoumaru's office

Sesshoumaru growled at his computer screen, wanting to throw the damn thing out the window.

He'd died FOUR TIMES now; things were getting ridiculous.

So, in rage, he exited the “Dota” game, and sighed out loud in frustration.

He would beat that
DarkCrystalis” girl next time, he vowed.

Glancing to his right, he also resisted the temptation of throwing the important business papers into the shredder.

God, he hated doing business work, but at least it paid well…

Sorting through them, he groaned inwardly, reading the boring reports.

The Naraku Corporation has yet againstepped over the Taisho Corporation for thethird time in this month alone!They are making record salesof over $1million each week, sending them into Taisho's unreachable states of bliss. At this rate…”

Sesshoumaru growled at the paper, and tossed it aside. So what, they were getting killed by Naraku's Corporation…all because they'd come out with some new video game for teens

That damn porn game was making them MILLIONS…who knew it'd be such a hit?


Hell, if he wanted to, couldn't he do something
“spectacular” like that?

Probably not,
but that wasn't the point, dammit!

The shrill ringing of the
telephone interrupted his brooding, and he picked it up in his usual cold voice.

“Sesshoumaru Taisho of Taisho Corporations speaking,” he droned out.

“Sesshoumaru! Did you see today's report? We're getting SLAUGHTERED by Naraku! That bastard has some tricks up his sleeve…he must be plotting something! No one could be THAT successful in such a short amount of time!”

He rolled his eyes at his father's annoyance; this was a common thing to happen between them.

“Father, I do not know, nor do I really care at this point in time. Perhaps the new girl we hired could bring us some new ideas, and give me inspiration to do this job well for a change.”

“Sesshoumaru, be SERIOUS here! Don't rely on some new nitwit that probably doesn't know abc's from 123's.”

He growled into the phone, showing his anger
in a rare case of emotion.

“Do not speak about my friend
, Sango, like that any further, or you will regret it.”

Hanging up the phone, he stared at the computer screen for a moment before letting out a “
hnn.”

The phone rang again, but he ignored it, seeing that it
was his father calling him back on the ID.

Lazily, he got up out of h
is office chair, and called Rin on his cell phone.

There was no answer, so he assumed she'd gone to relieve herself.

Standing up, he walked out of his office, and decided to do rounds in the building, making sure everyone was on task, and had
work to do.

After all, it was the only good excuse he had to get away from the boring piles
of paper on his desk; how ironic.

XxXx

Finally, after about an hour and a half of photocopying, Sango finished.

Unfortunately, it was still her first day, and only around 11am; god, the day was going by so slowly…

Running out of work to do for the time being, Sango cautiously made her way to Miroku's office.

However, when she got there…

“Kagome, will you bear my children?”

Before Kagome could reply, he was already groping her bottom, and for some strange reason, Sango felt…angry?

Marching over to him, she slapped him hard across the face, screaming out “HENTAI!!!” as she did so.

Strangely enough, her boss looked at her as if this was a normal occurrence, and rubbed his cheek. Shrugging sheepishly, he ignored Sango's assault, and gave Kagome a pile of reports to edit and type up.

Merely nodding in shock, Kagome accepted the paperwork, and walked out of his office.

On her way out, she whispered to Sango, “Thank you…
we have to talk later, I haven't seen you in forever!” before going back to her cubicle.

(
A/N: I know, Kagome's a little OOC for now, but it'll change as things go along. I'm sure she would normally smack Miroku for doing that…)

Sango
glared at her boss, who was now grinning like a schoolboy.

“What is wrong with you? How can you run around and grope women like that?! What if some of us are MARRIED, or have BOYFRIENDS?”

Miroku continued grinning, and sent Sango a wink, which made her outwardly shiver.

“All the women I grope do not wear gold wedding bands; the last thing I need are the women's husbands coming after me because I groped their wives. I might seem careless, but this business is really quite meticulous…”

Sango growled, but managed to contain herself from slapping him once more.

Looking at the red handprint on his face made her suddenly pale in shock.

Wait a minute, what have I just done to my BOSS…?

Miroku smiled as he looked at the dumbfounded woman, who was just now realizing her actions.

“Now, now, Sango dear; just allow me to grope you, and all will be forgiven…”

Giving him a death glare, she stepped back into the wall, shielding her behind from his wandering hands.

“I'd really rather you didn't; I just came here to get more work.”

He gave her a confused gaze, and then shrugged his shoulders.

“I gave you work, and it was supposed to last you until lunchtime…but seeing how you finished early, in the mean time, you could…”

Noticing the evil glint in his eye, she began to back out of the office.

“Get away from me, you pervert! I will NOT bear your children for you in the mean time!”

Turning around and running away, she made her way to the elevator, and down to the main floor.

The downstairs' main secretary was ready to object at her early departure, but after Sango's cold stare, she immediately stopped snapping her gum and gulped.

“I need a coffee…” Sango muttered, walking across the street to Starbucks.

XxXx


However, back at Miroku's office…

Looking up from the piled papers on his desk, Miroku gulped in fear. Inuyasha was coming to see him, and he would bet his life that it was about groping Kagome…

This wasn't good; not good at all.

“Guess what Miroku?” he asked casually as he closed the door behind him.

Miroku began to sweat mildly, and avoided Inuyasha's penetrating gaze.

“Do I really want to know?” Miroku managed to ask, shielding his eyes with his hands.

“Nope,” Inuyasha replied as he lunged at him with his right fist.

Ten minutes later…

An arrogantly grinning Inuyasha stepped out of Miroku's office as if nothing had happened. Strangers to the office would have believed it too, if it wasn't for the blood and bruising on his knuckles.

Miroku had just gotten the beating of his lifetime; and it wasn't on the first occasion, either.

As Inuyasha strode over to the elevator, the secretaries and workers didn't even bother looking up, or stop doing their work; this was very nearly a daily occurrence.

Unfortunately, Miroku wasn't quite feeling up to par at this moment in time; but no one felt sorry for him. He practically begged for these beatings every other day by groping Kagome; due to the fact that Inuyasha was her long-time boyfriend. If it wasn't for the men's close-knit friendly relationship, Miroku would have been fired by Inuyasha ages ago.

Sighing and examining himself in the mirror, he assessed the damage.

A black eye, his lower lip was split in the middle, and some blackish purple bruising was forming on his cheekbones. Despite that, the damage was fairly minimal, so he shrugged it off as if it was nothing.

Miroku sat back down in his chair, and began to read his reports. Unfortunately, yet another disturbance was soon to bombard his office…

Naught but the lovely Rin, of course…

“Oh Miroku?” she spoke in a sickly-sweet voice which immediately got his attention.

“Yes, my lovely Rin?”

“Let's have a…chat.”

“Sure thing, please, sit down!”

“I don't think that will be necessary,” she answered in a slightly irritated tone.

“Oh my, what could possibly be the matter, Rin-san?”

Turning away from his face, she took a deep breath in an attempt to steady herself.

Whipping around, however, threw him completely off track, and he was mindblown at her angry outburst.

“KEEP AWAY FROM SANGO, DAMNIT! She is my LOYAL and BEST FRIEND; if you mess with her, I will not hesitate to fire you, whether you are a friend of the boys or not. I love her like a SISTER, and if you ever hurt her, or make her leave this office, I will NOT refrain from your discipline!”

An evil grin appeared on his face, but it quickly disappeared when he saw her anger levels rise.

“STOP THINKING PERVERTEDLY FOR A MOMENT, FOR CHRIST'S SAKES, YOU ASS! I swear to god on your job and your life that if you EVER do ANYTHING that upsets her, you will pay for it!”

Swallowing hard, he nodded his head in a dazed manner, and shrunk back in his chair.

“Much better!” she quipped in a sudden happy voice, holding a bright smile on her face.

Making her way to his chair, she patted his cheek a few times with a soft expression on her face.

“I'm glad you and I had this…“chat,” ” Rin added as she hummed an unknown tune on her way out.

When reopened the door, several office members were standing nearby, pretending to sharpen pencils and such, when they were actually trying to hear the one-sided heated conversation.

“Can I help any of you?” she asked in a slightly bothered tone, and got several mumbles and “no thank-you's” in response.

After she entered the elevator, everyone began to giggle quietly in their seats. It was a rare treat to see the Rin, and these were the moments that made them want to keep their jobs.

When Miroku heard the mild laughter, he stood by the doorway and yelled out,

“I don't think anyone would be LAUGHING about losing their JOBS!”

Silence immediately fell over the huge room once more, so Miroku stepped back into his office, and slammed the door.

Letting go of the anxious breath he'd been holding as he supported his weak form against the wall, Miroku hung his head.

“Aw, hell…” Miroku muttered as he ran his hands through his hair. “How do I keep getting myself into these things?”

XxXx


Author's Note:

Due to my successful writing as of late, I've decided to post Chapter Two just under TWO WEEKS EARLY! I hope everyone enjoys the extra special treat!

Thank you for all the people that read this story, but I hope to read some reviews in the future, which would showcase what is good/likable about this fanfiction, and what could be improved.

Until Chapter Three
!

Sincerely,
-DarkCrystalis