InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tear Drops ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tear Drops
By: DarkCrystalis

XxXx

Chapter Three

After coming back from her ten-minute coffee break, Sango strode to her office, and sat down. It wasn't like she had anything else to do, anyway. Browsing the net seemed to be interesting enough, so the first thing she did was check her email.

Sickly enough, there were a bunch of junk mails, talking about enlargement of certain parts of male's bodies, and cheap “drugs.” She nearly wanted to yell out to the computer screen, and then throw it out the closest window.

First of all, she wasn't a man, and second of all, who the hell listened to these crappy advertisements, anyway? It wasn't like any of the stuff worked; otherwise no men in Japan would have a small…

She stopped her thoughts, and shocked herself. Unknowingly, Sango's eyes bulged, and then felt rather sick to her stomach.

Did I just think what I think I thought?

Shrugging her shoulders, she continued to go through her mail, opening the normal emails she was used to getting.

When she stumbled upon one that she hadn't seen in a long time, she frowned. It was an ad for singers and bands to reunite at a small gathering downtown. The performers could possibly win a Shine record label, if they qualified as being good enough.

It brought back memories from only a couple years ago…

Flashback

Sango was in an unsigned band with Rin and Kagome, and they called themselves “Darkest Wish.” The girls had so much fun together, singing at clubs, and basically wherever they could, whenever they had time. Sango did it mostly because she loved to scream, but also for the money; she was going to university, and she needed money to pay all the bills.

One day, a famous record label manager was relaxing at a club, and spotted the girls. He listened intently to their performance, which was unawares to the girls. After they'd sang some of their best hits, the manager went and spoke with them.

“Do you have any idea how wonderful your voices and talents are?” He'd asked them, which freaked them out somewhat; they didn't even know who this man was. Besides, he was a little older, so what was he doing listening to their dark rock band?

“My name is Hikaru Ikito, and I'm the manager of the music record label, Shine.”

“Shine” was a very well known record label in Japan, so the girls had to physically keep themselves from squealing out in happiness. Sango looked coldly at the other girls, keeping up her mask of indifference.

“What does this have to do with us?” she asked, seemingly uninterested at his announcement.

Hikaru kept himself from smiling widely; he knew she would react this way; this band was different than all the other cocky, excited ones.

“I'd like to bring you into our studios, and have you show us what you do best. If things go well, I'll sign you under our label.”

Sango held out her hand for his business card, waiting patiently as he fished one out of his pocket.

“I'll consider your…offer,” Sango replied coolly, staring him straight in the eye. “I'll call you within two days' time with my reply.”

With that, she walked away from the slightly stunned manager, and together, the girls left the club.

“Wow! He's from Shine!” Rin exclaimed happily with the biggest grins possible on their faces. She was the drummer, so naturally she had the highest energy levels from the three of them.

Sango went to wipe the tiredness from her eyes, but promptly stopped, remembering the thick black eye make up that covered her lids and lashes.

“Is this what you really want, girls? A life of fame and fortune, but struggling to live a normal life everyday; people who will only want to be your friend because you have money; stalkers, sick people, and reporters chasing you around, everywhere you go, without remorse?”

Rin and Kagome looked at one another before looking at Sango, understanding in their eyes. Was this truly what they wanted? Sango had brought up so many valid points…did they really want their lives to be like that, for who knows how long?

Later on that night, Sango called the manager of Shine record labels, and declined his astounding offer.

“We want to live normal lives, have full educations, get married, have children, and not run around the world, touring and living miserably. Sure, we love to sing and perform, but is it really worth having our lives turned over? In our opinions, at this point in our lives, it isn't.”

Hikaru was shocked, to say the least; no one had ever dared to decline his record label offer before…it had always been “too good to be true,” and accepted willingly.

Before he could speak to Sango on the other line, he was met with a dead end; she'd hung up.

And that was the last time he'd ever spoke with the amazing girl, from the band “Darkest Wish.”

End Flashback

Sango remembered that night very well; the night when she declined Hikaru Ikito's record label offer.

Many people would have called her and the band stupid for refusing his offer, but you had to see things from her stand point.

Sango's mother and father, although they'd been deceased for a long time now, had made a request on their death bed.

Flashback

“Sango…go to school, get a good job, and have wonderful children…please finish school, even if you don't do anything else...”

“I'll do anything for you, Mama, Papa,” she'd replied with heavy tears in her eyes. “I'll do anything.”

End Flashback

Sango had a promise to fulfill; running around countries and singing wasn't one of her options at the time.

By now, she had already finished school, had an amazing job working at Taisho Corporations at the unbelievable age of twenty one…

…But…despite all that…she missed singing with her girls; her band mates.

Business was something her father did, when he was alive. He'd always wanted her to live in his shadow, as the son he never had. Kohaku, the son that would've been, was a stillbirth baby; he was dead before he was born.

Due to Sango being an only child, she had her father's and mother's wishes to fulfill; it was a tough life.

Flashback

Every morning she had school, and then when she came home, she had to do homework. By the time her homework was completed, she had to help her mother make dinner, and set the table.

When dinner was eaten, Sango always washed the dishes, and then joined her father in his study. He'd teach her all about his work, so she'd “know about the business world, before she even got there.”

Going to bed late on a daily basis, she'd collapse in exhaustion, and then wake early every morning at around 6am. Saying goodbye to her father before he left for work was a forced ritual on her; it also “prepared her for waking up early in the work environment.”

If you thought her weekends were something to look forward to, you were wrong. Sango had special Karate classes every Saturday from 7am to 5pm, and special Tai Kwan Do classes every Sunday, from 7am to 5pm.

Her family's lineage had come from a long line of Taijas from hundreds of years ago, so that was why her parents sent her there.

On top of her classes, she had weekend homework, supper to make, and then, and only on Sunday night, was she allowed free time to be with her friends. In fact, if it wasn't for her mother, she wouldn't have had any free time at all; she'd be spending her weekend nights with her father while he did his business work.

All in all, Sango didn't have many free choices in life; most of the things had already been made out for her by her parents. But don't get the wrong idea; Sango loved her family with all of her heart, it was just…she didn't get to do what her heartwanted.

Her whole life, Sango loved to sing, and when she was younger, had done talent shows, sung for her primary schools, joined the choir, and all the basic things that children did.

However, as she grew older, her list of responsibilities became bigger, and she had less and less time to do the things she loved. Singing, the thing she loved the most, was becoming scarcer as the work load became never ending.

Soon enough, she had so little time to herself that it was ridiculous.

End Flashback

Sighing heavily, Sango shrugged her shoulders, snapping herself out of the past.

Those days were a long time ago; they didn't matter anymore, did they?

She could do whatever she wanted now, couldn't she?

No one was there stop her, or order her…

…or love her.

Sango was lonely and hurting inside.

Closing her eyes at the sudden tears that formed there, she willed them away.

After recollecting herself, she looked back at the computer screen.

Glancing at the email with the music announcement once more, she smiled for the first time in a long while.

She knew what she was born to do, and now was her opportunity to pick up from where the band had left off. First, she had to talk to Kagome and Rin, and see what the scoop was…

XxXx

Miroku watched the distressed Sango from his office window, and frowned. She looked really sad, for some reason…and the even stranger thing was, he wanted to cheer her up.

What? No, you don't want to cheer her up, you just want to grope her…

Miroku sighed, shaking his head at his thoughts.

For once, he wanted to make someone feel better, and that someone, was Sango.

He strode out of his office confidently, (with his bruises and all), and walked over to her desk.

Tapping her lightly on the shoulder, Sango immediately shot up, as if she was burned.

“Wh-what?”

“Sango, I was merely going to ask if you're feeling alright. Perhaps you need to take the day off? You look a little stressed.”

His co-worker looked up at him, glaring daggers in response.

I guess she hasn't forgiven me for earlier…

“Look, Sango, about earlier, I wanted to say…”

“I don't want to hear it, Miroku,” she said, spitting his name as if it was acid on her tongue.

“Oh…okay, then; I'll leave you to whatever it is that you were doing.”

Nodding with her head in her hands, she inhaled deeply, and then exhaled.

After she'd gotten complete control of her emotions, she looked around the office for Kagome.

In their “band life,” Kagome sang back up vocals, and played the electric guitar and piano, whenever either was needed.

Seeing her with her head bent over the keyboard, holding her face in a scrunched position, Sango had to resist the urge to laugh. Kagome looked frustrated, or as if she were concentrating on something important.

By taking a closer observation, Sango saw the tiny phone held to her ear, which was previously covered by her long hair.

“No, Inuyasha…I'm at work! You shouldn't be calling me, you baka! Yes, I know you're upstairs, but I'm busy, damnit!” she whispered furiously into the ear piece.

She's still with Inuyasha? Wow, she was with him when university started…

Creeping over behind Kagome, Sango crouched down and listened, mere inches from touching her.

“Argh, I don't have time for this! I have to talk to Sango about that email I got…you know, the one about the reuniting bands? I've always hated office work…we should start singing again! It'd be such a blast!”

After a moment of pause, Kagome's face flamed in anger.

“What the hell do you mean by “you can't sing anymore”? Oh, you're going to pay for that, asshole! I'll do whatever the hell I want with my life!”

Kagome knew she was being immature by saying “I'll do whatever I want,” but she was still young, right? After all, at the age of 20, and working for Taisho Corps, that was unheard of.

She had power, and if it meant losing her job, she'd abuse it to get the band back together. They'd had a record label offer a couple years ago, and by god they could get it again. It would require a lot of work, but…it would be worth it in the end.

Tuning out to Inuyasha, she mindlessly hung up the phone, not bothering to hear a word he'd said.

I have to talk to Sango!

Swiveling around in her chair, Kagome nearly fell over in surprise when she saw her friend crouching there, grinning widely.

XxXx

“Jeeze, you shouldn't do this to me! I nearly had a heart attack,” Kagome exclaimed into her friend Sango's shoulder as they hugged.

“I was just wondering who you were talking with, but I should've known…wow, I can't believe you're still with Inuyasha…it's been forever, hasn't it?”

Kagome smiled, and then nodded happily; it'd been at least a few years now…

“Anyway, the real reason why I came here, wasn't for my curiosity…”

Sango trailed off, looking seriously at her friend. Kagome nodded slowly, showing she was attentive and ready to hear what her old friend had to say.

“I got an email…it talked about reuninting bands, and I just thought that maybe…”

“…that maybe we could get together again? Oh Sango, I was going to ask you the same thing! Wouldn't it be great singing again? I miss it so much; office work wasn't what I'd wanted to do, I guess Inuyasha got me into it…”

Sango smiled, and clasped Kagome's hand in excitement.

“All we have to do is ask if Rin will do this with us, and then we'll be set, right?”

Kagome bounced in her seat, unable to sit still anymore.

“Oh, I KNOW she'll say yes…I'm sure of it!” Kagome put her hands together in her lap, and smiled.

Things were going to turn around for them, weren't they? Finally, goodness was going to fall upon them.

XxXx

Rin glanced at her watch, and realized that it was time to meet Sango for lunch. She'd been waiting for this moment all morning, because she hadn't gotten a good chance to talk with her yet.

Skipping out of her office like a little school girl, she stopped and closed her eyes, twirling on the spot.

However, someone abruptly stopped her body in mid-spin.

“HEY!” she blurted out, ready to yell at whoever it was; but when she saw Sesshoumaru holding her shoulders, all words died in Rin's throat.

“Rin, should you be parading about this office like a child? You are a manager here, shouldn't you be a leading an example of the office's workers?”

Rin rolled her eyes, ignoring her husband's tight lipped words. Instead, she trailed her hands across his cheekbones, and through his silky hair, finally settling her head just below his shoulder, and her arms around his back.

“Aaawwww Sesshou, stop being such a meanie! I'm just having some fun, isn't that allowed?”

Biting his lip in slight annoyance, he pushed her off of him, and glared at her.

“You cannot be hanging onto me at the office like this! I have a high reputation of being an asshole here, and I intend to keep it.”

Twirling away from him, she glared daggers back at him, holding a scowl on her beautiful face.

“Fine, I'll remember that tonight when you come home; you can sleep on the COUCH!” she growled out, just loud enough so some of the executives heard from their booths.

Sesshoumaru grabbed her arm, and yanked her unwilling body into his office, closing and locking the door behind him.

“You don't mean that, and you know it.”

Commandingly, but not roughly, he pushed her against the door, and dominated her lips with his own.

A mewling noise left her throat, which made him continue his actions even more passionately.

Unconsciously, he dragged his hand up her skirt, and was working on pulling down her panties as she unbuttoned his shirt.

“Sesshouuu…” she whined softly, lifting one of her legs up, and wrapping it around his waist.

Her previous breathing was now coming in pants, as she lost control of her actions.

Unfortunately for the feverous couple, they had to be interrupted.

A quiet knock on the door made him remove his hands from her, and instantly re-button the buttons on his office shirt.

Smoothing his hair the best he could, Rin leant against the door, uncaring of how her image looked to the office workers.

In fact, she opened the door with her hair mussed, and her shirt crooked, so it was extremely obvious what the couple had been doing in the office.

Pulling down her skirt, Rin smiled at the blushing executive worker, Yena, and then crossed her arms over her chest.

“You have an appointment with Miss Sango today, and if you don't leave now, you'll be late, Miss Rin.”

Rin sighed, and then poked Yena playfully.

“How many times do I have to tell you that you are to call me Rin? Saying “Miss” makes me feel old.”

Giggling, she sauntered back over to Sesshoumaru, and kissed his lips deeply. Before she left, however, Rin whispered naughty things into his ear, which included what they'd be doing later on that night…

Blowing them a kiss as she left, Rin skipped down the hall once more, smiling at those who stared at her normal behaviour.

I'd almost forgotten about the appointment…I'm so glad Yena reminded me!

Sesshoumaru looked coldly at Yena, making her shiver, and then scuttle off to her work booth once more.

Watching his mate skip down the hall, he resisted the urge to growl loudly.

Stupid women and their appointments…

XxXx

As soon as Rin walked onto Sango's floor, she was ambushed by an excited Kagome, and a smiling Sango.

“Okay guys, what's going on here? Fill me in!”

Sango began to tell her all about the email, which made Rin grin like no tomorrow. Kagome nodded as she went along, showing her support.

“So, we thought, it'd be such a blast if we could get together again! “Darkest Wish” needs to be unleashed once more, don't you think?” Kagome asked, unable to hold in her happiness.

Rin looked nervously from one girl to the other, biting her lip, and the eventually sighing.

“Do you really think we can do this? I mean, what about our jobs? Besides, with Sesshy's protectiveness over me, I don't think he'd approve…”

Sango and Kagome looked disbelievingly at one another, slowly shaking their heads in shock.

Was she serious? Rin wasn't going to do this? The one that had been so excited about the band in the first place, was backing out?

“But…but Rin! We need you! Come on, it'd be just like before! Maybe this time, we could sign up with a label, and actually get somewhere!” Kagome coaxed her friend, begging her to join with them once more.

“Sesshy didn't find out…about our band thing, from the past…I didn't tell him…” Rin trailed off, spacing out.

“That's okay, he'll find out now! He's always been backing you up for all of your other decisions, so why wouldn't he do the same for this one?” Sango asked smartly, and then grinned when she knew she'd asked the right question.

“That's true…maybe…just maybe…”

Rin's eyes regained their sparkle, and she nodded her head.

“I'll work on it…”

Sango smiled, and then had an idea.

“In the mean time; I'll fill out the papers.” Pausing, she blanched, and then remembered something else.

“We'd have to get together a LOT, to write some new lyrics and music. Thank god we still have a month's time before the meet-up day; otherwise we'd have to sing all our old stuff.”

The girls nodded their heads, agreeing to the plan as the steps formed together.

“We can hold everything at me and Sesshy's house, seeing how we live in the Taisho mansion. I think we have a room with amps and a lot of circuit outlets, because the room used to be an electrical room.”

Kagome grinned, and then poked Rin's shoulder. “Hey, don't forget I live there too!”

Rin rolled her eyes, and then growled playfully.

“Ahh! The point is, we're planning this at the Taisho mansion.” Kagome re-stated, smiling.

Rin placed her fingers on her chin, thinking about what she had wanted to say.

Ahhh!!! I remember now!!!

“Oh, and Sango, you might as well move in, for the time being; then we'll be able to have brainstorming sessions for lyrics and music whenever we want; it'd be much more convenient. Sesshy won't care; we have so many rooms, I doubt he'd even know you're there most of the time.”

Sango giggled in a rare show of happiness, and then agreed.

“But wait…what about our jobs?” Sango frowned, biting her lip.

“I guess we'll just have to quit for the time being,” Rin said so happily that it made the other two widen their eyes in surprise.

“Oh come on, we all know that there's enough money at the mansion for us to live comfortably forthe rest of our lives! I doubt taking off a month of work would affect anything,” Rin stated seriously.

“But…what about SESSHY?” Kagome teased, grinning devilishly.

“He'll just have to deal with it,” Rin grinned back.

“I guess I'd better go home, and start packing up some things,” Sango declared, moving towards the elevator.

“Oh no you don't; we need to eat lunch first, I'm starved.”

Suddenly, a loud grumbling sound erupted from Rin's stomach, proving her previous statement.

“See? I wasn't lying!”

XxXx

Author's Note
 
I hope everyone enjoyed the chapter—I know I did!

Until Chapter 4!

Sincerely,

~DarkCrystalis