InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tensai of the Ookami-Inu ❯ Shikon High ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tensai of the Ookami-Inu
By Dog-Demon-Emiko
Chapter 6: Shikon High
(I don't own "Where will you go" by Evanescence, or "When I'm gone" by Eminem)
"I can hear you in a whisper, but you can't even hear me screaming..." -Evanescence
A forbiden sound that clapped through the air and stopped time. A dreaded thump then came not to long after. Emiko tossed in her sleep, eyebrows furrowed. Blank, dead eyes stared at her. The rain pounded on the cold body, looking like tears falling down. Emiko shot up, eyes wide. She was covered in beads of cold sweat. Ignoring the warm trails under her eyes and Kiba's drowsy stares of concern, she went into her bathroom and shut the door. She turned the knob to run a cool shower, stripped her body, and stepped in, letting the cool water run through her scalp and down her spine. She turned it colder and hissed at the shock of it on her scalp. After 5 minuetes she turned it warm, satisfied that the cold water knocked the images from her mind. She stepped out and wrapped a towel around her body. Tucking the corner into the top, she leaned on her sink lip and looked into the mirror. Her deep blue eyes that once sparkled with mischief and mysterious intelligence were shadowed in despair. Dark rings made her eyes look sunken in, and her hair lost it's silvery shine. She sighed. She had noticed a while ago that she was letting herself go. She wasn't eating as much as she used to, and she hardly stepped out her room. She won't go outside for weeks at a time, making her skin pale and dull.
Going into the drawer on the sink, she pulled out a comb and ran it through her hair. Putting it down, she splashed water on her face and took out face soap to scrub and then dryed off. She went into the cabinet behind the mirror and pulled out makeup and put on black eye shadow and gray eyeliner, loving the way it made her eyes look, and it hid the bags. She then left the bathroom and pulled on a pair of scrunched up cargos and sneakers, a black tank and some fingerless gloves over her underclothes before whistling to Kiba and leaving.
The sunlightgleamed brightly in her eyes from almost two weeks of constant indoors. Kiba looked as happy as could be as he trotted with his mistress through the yard and into the streets of Tokyo. Emiko sighed; Totosai and Myoga had packed up and left after the incident, moving Sesshomaru, Inuyasha, Kiba, and Emiko to Tokyo where a more secure family home was. While the home in Kyoto was a large mansion, the home in Tokyo was more like a manor. It wasn't big enough to be a mansion, but no where near small enough to be a house. It had 7 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, a pool, a fireplace, a family room downstairs, a dojo, a 2 door garage, and an attic. Emiko didn't mind the manor, becauseshe got the second biggest room because she had Kiba, much to Inuyasha's dismay. Strange thoughts crossed Emiko's mind over the time that the incident had happened. Apart of her wished that she never had met him. She wished that she could have saved herself the arguments with Sesshomaru, and the rule breaking and all of that, just for some boy who left her when he promised he wouldn't no matter what. Another part of her grieved. It grieved everyday and all the time, refusing to be happy or go into daylight even. She felt that she never will be happy agian. Even Kiba noticed the huge shift in Emiko's attitude. She went from the carefree girl who loved to do anything with a thrill, or with a chance to fight or "play", to the lonely depressed girl who stayed in her room all day and practiced her powers, and only coming out at night. Countless times Emiko tried to summon Kigai's spirit, and every time she failed. All she ever managed to do was pass out from exghastion and food deprivtion, or from crying. Her family tried to help, but she always refused. She bought more and more makeup during the few time she went outside. The shades always got darker to hide her baggy eyes and pale skin. Inuyasha stopped fighting with her, he now refused to even look her in the eyes. Emiko won't forget how angry he had been for having to move so suddenly. Inuyasha had a gang back in Kyoto. They hung out all the time and were practicly inseperable. When he found out that they were moving and what for, he was pissed. Sesshomaru, on the other hand, didn't mind. Emiko wasn't even sure he had any friends. Sesshomaru was to wrapped up in learning to own the bussiness that he was never seen with company.
Tsume had not been in contact since that night. Emiko couldn't blame him. With Kigai dead, no one owned the apartments anymore, meaning that the kids living there had fled, and the gang went into chaos. Kigai was there only becan of hope. Now, they were a pack of wild dogs. But the thing that bothered Emiko the most was, Kigai didn't even have a funeral. Totosai and Myoga said that they wouldn't pay for it becuase they wanted nothing to do with it. It's been 2 years, Emiko hasn't spoken to them since.
She felt a jerk on the leash, making her break out of her miserable thoughts to see that Kiba had stopped. He was sitting down, pouting, and looking at her. She knew what that look meant, he was upset because she wasn't having fun. Emiko cracked a smile, something that felt almost forigen to her. She swore that Kiba was taking after Sesshomaru after all these years. They did spend a lot of time together now that she thought of it.
As they walked back to the house, Kiba continuously shot looks at his mistress. Emiko faked a content face, just to get Kiba off her case. She unclipped the leash from his collar and let him walk around the house. She went to her room and changed into some sweatpants and an army tank, picked up her 2 silk wraps and 2 cottonwraps and went to the family room. She went to the corner of the family room, right next to the door that led to the garage and stomped. Four cracks became visable in the floor, and she lifted the piece of trick wood and decended the staircase that was under the floor. Closing the door behind her, she turned the knob and waited for the lights to warm up. While she was waiting, she wrapped the silk wraps around her hands and the cotton ones on her feet.
The lights flicked on full power and Emiko's refelction stared back at her. She was in the "Hidden Dojo". The room was large and lined with mirrors, and the floors were smooth hardwood. The ceiling was tall so sand bags, punching bags, and ropes could hang down or be put up. The room was cold, as usual, seeing as it was completely submerged underground. Going over to the small cubart, she pulled out a rack. The rack was atleast 6 feet in length an 4 feet tall. It slide on wheels out of the cubart to reveal blades of all kinds. Emiko thought for a minuete. She was bored with the bow staff, and tonfas were only fun if she were sparring with someone. She set her eyes on the twin tauntos. She had learned to use them a while ago, but never paid them any mind. She picked them up in one hand andpulled the leaver to let the sand bags down with the other.
With a wave of her hand, the lights dimmed and she set her sights on the 3 bags that randomly fell down. Running forward, she brought her lefttaunto up over her right shoulder and sliced horozontaily. With a hiss, the bags broke and sand flew all around as they spun. Stopping before she hit the mirror, she turned and used her ears to see which bag was to fall next. Suddenly, she rolled. The next bag nearly landed on top of her head. She sliced the rope with her right hand and cut upwards with her left, cutting the bag in half and letting it fall to the floor.
She suddenly felt like she would burst if she didn't hurry. Adrinaline started to run as if the bags were real people, attacking her, trying to steal her life. Focusing on the leaver, she used her powers to pull it down more, making the bags fall at the fastest rate. One by one they all fell, stopping short because of their ropes. They were different sizes of different material and different lengths. Her eyes widened at the urgency to gut them all.
Blue lights flashed in a distant time. Men stood in black uniforms with guns cocked and loaded, making everyone nervous. With a snarl, she jumped up and bounced off the wall to charge at the bags. With amazing grace, the bags fell one by one in a steady rythem like a drum. The sound of pouring sand made everything all the more urgent. The grains sounded like rain as the bags swung from thier ropes, shifting around like the nervous men that only she could see. Emiko began to pick up her pace as her eyes steadily got redder. The demon within her was telling her to move faster, to kill more and not care about where she hit as long as she hit and they fell. She spun and twirled like a deadly dance, and the silver of the tauntos were blurs as those to spun, flipped, stabbed, and sliced.
Emiko had broken into a sweat by the time she was done. Panting, she looked around her; ropes still swung from the ceiling, and the bags littered the floor along with the piles of sand. Her reflection stared back at her, showing a feral kind of insanity that wrapped around a core of utter despair. It almost seemed that time had stopped her heart that day and it never began to beat agian so she couldn't heal and move on. A small voice told her that this wasn't who she was.
Falling to her knees, she shuffled through the sand, uncaring of her clothes, and over the wall. Her eyes were gold again, and even more sunken, and her skin was flushed from exhastion. As much as Emiko slept, she was still tired, all the time. This wasn't who she was, so why is she acting this way? Why can't she heal?
"Why?" Emiko whispered to no one, but she was talking to everything. "Why is he gone? Why can't I get over it? Why am I this way after so long?" Tears had begun to fall down her cheeks as she finally admitted to herself that it was that time of year. She tried so hard to avoid it, to ignore and compress the feelings that spouted within her. She felt it in her soul, like she was going to lose agian. This is around the time that Kigai died. She touched the mirror, to busy being in a trance to see her hand glowing. "Kigai..." she whimpered. It was almost like God himself heard her cry, and her reflection turned to a misty apperation. Still staring off into space, she didn't even notice the change until the misty image spoke.
"Emiko." Gasping, she looked up. She felt someone gently grip her hand that was on the mirror. She could see the faint image of a person. She began to shake her head in denial.
"No, stop torturing me..."
"Emiko, listen to me," it said gently.
"Kigai?" she asked, eyes hopeful but desperate all at the same time.
"Hai Koi, now listen-"
"Kigai I can't see you."
"I know. You will not be able to look upon my face until you can accept my death."
"But-"
"But nothing. I've been with you, all the time. And I'm not any different from before Koi, I can't stand to see you cry. And I really can't stand to see you tear yourself apart."
"I-"
"Listen to me," he cut her off agian "pick yourself up! Your Emiko Taisho, the proud inu-sorceress hanyou. You don't wallow in self pity, you don't lock yourself away and refuse to look at the world anymore. I don't know what you've did with the real Emiko, but until she comes back, you will not be able to see me."
"Why are you coming to me now Kigai? Do you know how many times I've tried to contact you?" Emiko's voice was no longer broken, it was angry. She was now on her feet, staring into the mirror and oblivious to everything else.
"I refused to come, Emiko. And by that I thought I was doing you a favor. I was trying to give you the message that you need to learn to move on. I wanted to see how well you'd do without me-"
"You made me a promise you wouldn't leave me! You promised you BASTARD!" she yelled, red tinting her eyes agian.
"And you made me a promise," Kigai said calmly as if he didn't hear her last comment "that if something were to happen, you'd move on and wouldn't look for me. Did you forget that Emiko?" There was silence. Emiko did promise that to him. And the other thing was, his voice sounded so calm, it almost was disappointed. "Emiko," Kigai said sharply "you will keep your promise. I had no choice in my death, but you have one in life. I want to see the girl I loved. Remeber what I told you before? When I'm gone, just carry on, don't mourn and rejoice everytime you hear the sound of my voice. Just know that-"
"-I'm looking down on you, smiling, and I didn't feel a thing, so baby don't the pain, just smile back." Emiko finished for him. She smiled sadly, a tear rolling dow her cheek. "So what now?"
"You are going to snap out of it, and be you agian. And Emiko, when the rain is falling on you, welcome it, love it, don't fight it. The rain dosn't always mean theres a storm coming..." Emiko was confused, but before she could ask, she was on her knees agian with her hand on the mirror, almost like she had never moved. She blinked, and tears fell down a trail on her eyes. She heard and felt footsteps behind her, but she couldn't react. She only felt arms hug her, as she turned and cried for what she swore was the last time.
Sesshomaru didn't mind that his shirt was getting wet with tears as he held his broken cousin. In truth, he had been waiting for the day she would cry, truley. Normally she cried out of anger or fustration, but this time, she was singing the song of a broken girl. Sesshomaru could feel it in her heart and soul that her pain had finally exploded. He had entered when he saw her kneeling on the floor. He thought she would have sensed him, but she ignored him. When she began to cry, he walked over to her, and was almost taken aback when she turned and began to cry into his chest. He did not push her away, or say anything. He mearly held her; he held her like the child she was, the child she hated to let out and be.
A mournful howl sounded in the distance...

Kagome sighed. She was being enrolled in a public school. In truth, she was sighing to try and calm her neveres. She hadn't been in a public school in 8 years, things must have changed. She was going to hate it, she decided. Even though she lived with a rich aunt, with her best friend, her style was still dark.
Kagome loved the night, she told herself that she lived for it. She was what would be counted as a punk/goth in society. She almost lived in Hot topic, her favorite colors were black, crimson, midnight blue, forest green, and silver. Her hair was waist length and still raven black, and her eyes now held the wisdom that comes with age, but the confidence and fire, but mysteryfrom her personality.
She had changed her rooms just last year also. Her walls were black, and her ceiling was midnight blue. Silver airbrushed streaks were on the walls also. To the untrained eye, they were random and misty. But to Kagome, they were the gleams of predators. On Kagome's largest wall, the one her bed was on, the silver streaks were actually the gleams from the moonlight on the back of a panther that was crawling down a tree. The 8 phases of the moon were painted on the celing, the air brush effectly making it look misty and distant. In another eye pullzing effect, a crow was in flight on the wall across from the bed- a silver streak on its back and head. Kagome's bed sheets were black and blue, her rug was black, along with Ao's things. Her bathroom had been re-done so everything was black marble, and all the fosets were silver.
There was a plop outside her door, making her snap her head around, and pause her Likin Park CD. Her eyebrows furrowed and she took a deep breath, schooling her face into a more controlled look. She got up from her position on the bed silently, and reached up onto the shelf full of martial arts trophies, belts, and ribbons next to her door she pulled an athame out from behind one of the belts.
Ao, who was lying on her pillow, perked her ears in alert. She could sense Kagome's tenseness and quickly got into a sitting positon as the military-style K-9 training had taught her in response to her masters actions. Kagome snatched open her door just enough so her face was visible, and saw nothing. She looked up to the ceiling, and then down to the floor. On the floor was a thick, egg-nog-colored file that had a blue sun on the front. Kagome's eyebrows stiched together in confusion and suspition. Looking up and down the hall, she picked up the file and shut her door, locking it.
Ao's head tilted in curiousity. Her training taught her to stay out of Kagome's personal space unless welcomed, but she couldn't help but to wag her tail, itching to go and sniff it. Kagome put the athame onto her bedside table and opened the file, staying alert all the same. Her aunt Kimi had gone out on bussiness and never said when she would be back. Anyone else in the mansion are matinance while Kimi is gone; not even her co-workers remained. The security was tight with servailance and dogs. She even heard that Kimi kept a cougar in the woods in the back from one of the gaurds. Ofcorse Kagome thought that silly. Why haven't any of the dogs been reported as missing if a mountian lion really lived in the back?
Pushing aside thoughts of gaurds and wild cats, she focused her mind on the task at hand. The first paper of the file had been a letter from Kimi herself. Kagome recognized the medium sized, almost carelessly dangerous, but neat looking writing.
Kagome,
I know this is sudden, and I should have given this to you before I left, but I hadn't.
Two days before I left, you asked me if I was trying to change your life. My answer is, yes, I am. I have told you the reasons why I am sending you to Shikon High,-
Kagome rolled her eyes. She remebered the argument she had gotten into with her aunt. She had asked Kimi why she was always trying to change her life. It occured to Kagome that everytime she got a grasp on the life she was living , Kimi had to change it in some way or another. Whether it was upping her trainging, or making her do things she normally wouldn't have done around the house, or attending meetings sometimes. Kagome wanted to know why and what for.
-and I have other reasons too, but those will come later. For now, know that you will be working for me. It's time you got used to being on your feet on your own. From now on, you will attend my more minor meetings, ones that won't interfere with your school.
As far as your job, you will be working with Viper, one of my co-workers. She has kindly agreed to train you for the skills you will need.
'Can I possibly be trained anymore?' Kagome thought
Kagome, when I asked you all those years ago to trust me, to work with me to help me overcome these humans, you agreed and gave me your loyalty, and I expect no less now. I have pressured you and pushed you so you could become the best. You are beautiful, talented, and deadly. If you finish the task I ask of you tonight with no problems, then I will see to your future with my company. That, and I will see to your safty personally.
If you are ready to join me, then read the rest of the files carefully, and remember all that you can. The details of your assignment are inquired within, along with all arangments. Do not disappoint me Kagome. I will see you shortly.
-Kimi
Her brows stiched with confusion while her stomach fluttered with anitcipation. What did she mean? Oh well, she would find out. Not to mention the fact that she hadn't been given an option if she decided she didn't want to what she was told.
Kagome put the letter to the side and looked at the small stack of paper on her lap. The first page was a picture of a man that at first glance seemed shy, and incoherent. He must have been American, or European, for he had brown curly hair, a long pointed nose, and large circular eyes. The next 2 papers were wallet sized pictures of the man at different angles. A few were him out in public, one was while he was on a cell phone, the rest were full body shots, and close ups of his face. The anticipation in her stomach died down. Why was Kimi giving her these? The next paper was a document, fully describing the mans apearence from hispysical fitnessto his skin texture. Kagome read it over fully, remebering each detail like she was told, but why was she told in the first place?
It had been an hour, and Kagome was laying on her belly with half the stack flipped over next to her, skimming the rest of it. The bulk of the 105 pages were the mans work documents. Apparently, his cover up was an accountant, but he really was a bank manager for a few 'bad men'. Kagome's mission was clear, she was to kill this man.
Putting down the papers, she realized what her aunt meant when she said to eleminate the weak all those years ago; Kimi ran an assassination bussiness. She gulped and took a breath she didn't even know she had been holding. Kimi wanted her to kill all along. It explains the martial arts, meditation, everything. Her tutouring lessons were at home because it wasn't safe for anyone associated with Kimi to be out in the open. Thats why Kimi said she'd ensure Kagome's safety, because Kagome was going to kill for her.
'You knew it was going to end up this way deep down...' something told her. The voice sounded much like hers, but different. It sounded dangerous, and almost sexy. It was the same voice that whispered to her when she was fighting. It sent a chill down her spine and made her feel like a force of nature. The feeling it gave her when she allowed the voice to take over was amazing. She was untouchable; she felt dangerous. She always got an ache- at first to jump what ever boy came her way. But then it escalated to wanting to tear everything to shreds. Kagome could barley control it, hell, sometimes she didn't want to. But she had to try.
'Did not! Why would I want to kill people for a living?' she thought determindly
'You don't know, and you don't care. Whats to lose? You have no one but Kimi and Ao. If she has a bussiness then obviously she can protect you like she says. And Ao will follow you to the depths of hell, she's not going to leave you.'
Kagome's lips pursed. What does she have to lose? Picking up the files agian, she began to read arrangements. A car was coming at 11pm. Tonight, the target is attending a large gathering, and has a flight to catch 2 hours later. Kagome was to dispose of him before he can reach the airport. He will have no bodyguards until he reaches the port, because he wasn't supposed to be at the party at all. He was going to try to get back to his house and then wait for his people to pick him up. Kagome stuidied the files carefully before grabbing her sai's and walking out back. She sat in the private garden and meditated.
She pictured the plan in her mind. A car was going to drop her off at a WacDonalds just down the street from the mans house. Viper was going to be inside the 2 family home, making it look as if Kagome was coming for a visit. She was to then do her job and get out of there. Viper was to bring her home.
It had been about 2 hours that Kagome was planning in the garden. The sky became dark and the grass become cool. Her stomach filled with butterflys and nerves. She was skeptical about something, but excited about everything. When the clock hit 10:30, Kagome left the garden and went to her room. Outside her door was a black body suit, a belt, and shoes that resembled ballet slippers. Looking up and down the hall once more, she picked up the clothes and entered her room.
She dressed quickly, finding the material and fit of the clothing almost identical of the underarmour she wore during martial arts compititions. She then went to her closet and got some cargos and a long sleeve shirt with holes for her thumbs. In her countless pockets she put the daggers that were from the belt, and powder balls, where she wouldn't sit on them or make noise. She put her hair in one long braid and tied the end, then picked up her sai's, strapped them to her arms, and put her thumbs back through the holes.
It was exactly 11pm as she decended the stairs in the front of the house. The car was waiting there with a woman inside. Kagome smiled shyly while the woman kept a stotic face and threw Kagome a head nod. She pulled off and didn't say a word until they were on the street.
"Have you read the files carefully?" the woman asked. She spoke with a sense of age and almost a coaky confidence. Kagome guessed she was in her thirties, and that she was going to be hell to work with.
"Yes. Your Viper?"
"Hai. I will be dropping you at WacDonalds. You are to stay there for seven minuetes. By the time you leave, I will be in my position. From WacDonalds, you are to take a left and go to the brown house right next to the red one. Knock 3 times, and I will answer. We'll then go out the back and onto the fire escape to climb onto the roof and you will go into the sun roof to do the job. Quick, clean, and contained. When he's dead, get the fuck out of there. There's no doubt he'll have some kind of survalence. Be alert. If you can, stay long range so survailence can't get you. Men are positioned as far as a miles radience for look out of early pick-up, competition, and back up just incase you fuck up and he gets out." Viper reached over into the glove compartment. "Take those." she said pointing to the black sai's and a small ear peice. "Your weapons are chrome, they will create a gleam in the dark, these won't. This is an earpiece so we can communicate. You can call for back up if you need it. Kimi-sama says your good to know when your outnumbered, but I've witnessed your technique myself. You lack control when things get tricky. You have to much fun, and now it's bussiness.You are clever, but like I said- quick, clean, and contained. Nothing wild, nothing showy, just get the job done. Any questions?" Kagome put her sais in the glove compartment and the new black ones on her wrists, and the earpeice in her ear.
"No."
"Good. Once the jobs done, leave through the front door, and I'll drop you at the mansion, end of story."
They pulled up to WacDonalds smoothly. "Seven minutes." Viper reminded her. Kagome nodded, got out and went inside looking casual while Viper pulled off. Opening the door, she breathed in the scent of frying fourth-rate meat and potatoes in grease. The resturant was almost empty. A man and his small children remained. The twin boys laughed as they played with their small toys while eating fries. Kagome sighed and walked over to the counter.
"How may I help you?" The womans voice was monotone.
"Just a small drink."
"Anything else?"
"Nope." Kagome looked at the green sign and payed for the drink. The woman put a cup on the counter and walked off into the back. Kagome picked up the cup and walked over to the machine and pressed the button for apple juice. Putting on a cap and a straw, she looked at the clock while she sipped. She had four more minuetes, and decided to leave.
The air pushed her bangs back as she opened the door. She sipped as slow as she walked. The house wasn't far, she didn't want to arrive early. She gave the apperance of someone walking just to be walking. In thruth, she was trying to calm the butterflies in her stomach. Kagome was normally a calm, confident person. Insecurity did not feel right to her. Her juice was only making everything feel worse. Her stomach felt heavy like she swallowed a water ballon. She looked up- right next to her was the house. Staring at it for a second, she went inside the tiny fence and rapped on the door three times. Viper indeed answered, her face changing from stotic to joyful in a rate that would have alarmed the average person.
As planned, they went out onto the fire escape and onto the roof. The glass protecting the top apartment from the elemants had a broken lock, enabling Kagome to slip in. She must had been in the attic, for it was full of dusty junk and cobwebs.
"Quick, clean, contained. I'll be out front when your done." Viper whispered through the earpeice. Kagome jumped, nearly forgetting she had the device. She took a deep calming breath, biting her lip as she realized that exhaling only made her feel the butterflies even more. Closing her eyes, she steeled herself.
She opened the door quietly, careful of squeking. For a two family apartment, she had to admit the place was nice.
'To bad it's going to be covered in blood soon...' A feral sound echoed from Kagome's chest at the comment.
"What was that?" Viper came through.
"Nothing, shut up." she hissed in effort to control the anticipation growing within her. Reaching up, she grabbed one of the ceiling beams and swung her body on top of it. Crouching down, she crawled her way across it, careful not to stay in the light. Luckily for her, the man was at his kitchen table, twidleing his thumbs, and the beam went right over his head. The sound came out of her chest agian at the sight of her prey. Her target looked up, eyes wide with fear. Kagome froze as he scanned the dark roof widly. She could tell after a second that his eyes couldn't penetrate the shadows to reveal her position. Looking back down at his hands, he started a new train of thought.
Kagome wanted to just jam a dagger into the top of his head, but something else wanted him to run, to scream. She wanted to smell his fear and hear his last breath. Kagome wasn't aware that she had been growling while she thought of the man's demise. But she lost it totally when she saw the gun in his hand. Ceasing her growling, she took out a dagger and threw it, cutting his hand and making him drop the gun. The man panicked and got up, causing Kagome to smirk and scramble along the beams after him. The scent of blood and fear mixed was new to her, and she liked it. She took a big lungful of it and sighed like a cat with catnip.
"W-who's there?" the mans voice was shaking. Kagome smirked and jumped down from her hiding spot. "Who a-are you-u?" he asked. His eyes widened more as Kagome raised her sai and slit his throat. Blood poured out of the wound as the man chocked and slowly died. She looked at her handy work for a second and felt unbeleiveable power within her. She saw fireworks, all red and calling to her.
"Kagome! They are coming! Get your ass out of there, what are you DOING!" Viper hissed through the ear peice. Kagome rolled her eyes and jogged to the apartment door. She casually strolled out and down the stairs and got into the car. Viper backed out of the street just as a deep blue truck parked in front of the house and a few inportant men got out.
"What the fuck was that?" Viper hissed "I said nothing showy!"
"It wasn't." Viper's head almost snapped back to regaurd the young girl. Her voice was different, but she couldn't place her finger on how. She sounded much like Kimi when she was thinking of a plan. "I got the job done, alright? Get off my ass." There was a silence that neither one of them dared to break.
"Wipe your face off, theres blood on it." Viper said in a more submissive tone. Kagome pulled down the mirror on the visor and wiped the blood from her forehead onto her sleeve. She looked at the rest of her face and gasped; she could have sworn that her eyes were gold and her pupils were slits. She noticed another thing too- she didn't feel so good anymore. 'Dam headlights,' she thought. The cars from the oncoming traffic made her eyes bright and pupils small and scared the shit out of her...
They pulled up to the house at a faster rate then when they had left. Kagome got out of the car before it even stopped, and headed straight to her room. Viper went to the next floor up, which happened to be Kimi's office.
'Probably to report, dam snitch.' Kagome thought vengefully. She took off her shirt and pants, and slipped off her underarmour. Running a hot shower, she took off her panties and bra and stepped in while unbrading her hair.
'What happened back there?' she asked herself 'Does this mean I am a killer?'
That was the question Kagome asked herself all week, but never came up with an answer. Shutting herself up out of frustration, she ignored her inner thoughts as she faced another huge challenge, High School.

"I'm attending a meeting at 4 today. Viper is picking you up and taking you home frist. You will leave with me so we can attend."
"Hai Kimi-sama."
"Good. Now go on." Kagome nodded and got out off the car. She wore a black army tank and black laced up Tripp armwarmers. She had on a pair of low rider cargos, and Vans on her feet. Sighing, she put one hand on her small backpack, walked into her new hell and followed the sign to the office. After five minuetes with an incoherent secrutary, she got her schedule and found her locker. Opening it, she noticed it was clean, but had no lock. Making a mental note to pick one up, she went into her homeroom, ignoring the looks from the preps on the way, and went straight to the back.
The bell rang about 6 minuetes later, and the room began to fill. More students dressed just like her sat around her to fill the back, while kids wearing clothes like the models she saw on TV were in the front. She nearly growled at the loudness of the preps. Kagome could never understand how they were such morning people.
"You hate 'em to, huh?" came a dark feminene voice from beside her. Kagome looked to her right to see a girl with dark brown hair and eyes to match, She wore hot pink eyeliner and black cargos and a tank with pink accents, and black fingerless gloves. The girl turned to her. "The names Sango. Haven't seen you before, are you new?" Kagome nodded. "Thats cool, you can hang with us-"
"She certainly can!" Kagome looked up at a boy wearing a sleeveless purple shirt and black jeans much like the preps up front. He had a small rait-tail and golden earings in his ears. He flashed her a dazzling smile, one that Kagome didn't respond to. She mearly looked at Sango with an eyebrow raised as if asking 'Is he serious?'.
Sango threw the boy a glare. "That's Miroku, the pervert-"
"I resent that!" Miroku's comment was ignored.
"-although he dosn't always dress like us, he is definetly far from prep. See, a lot of the schools preps are whores (Sango said this loudly, causing a few to turn around), so he figures if he dresses kind of neutral, he can still groupe them and hang with us without getting his ass kicked."
"But if he groupes me, he will certainly loose his hand." said Kagome all to sweetly, as she turned around to see Miroku about 2 inches away from her ass. A tiny chocolate blur bounced off his head and back into Sango's hands. Kagome turned to regaurd it.
"Boomerang, never go anywhere without one." she said as she tucked the tiny thing into her pants pocket.
"Like the rest of us, Sango does martial arts." Miroku pointed out as he sat back in the seat beind Kagome. She turned so she could regaurd them both.
"Oh? And what style do you guys do?"
"I come from a line of demon slayers, and my weapon is a boomerang. Demon Slaying dosn't really fit with the modern day martial arts, but hey, kicking ass is kicking ass."
"I come from a line of rather handsome fighters. They all-"
"-Were monks." Sango said with a pointed glare "He's a houshi, good with a staff is all." Something inside of Kagome bristled at the thought of the monk. She looked him over, and could definetly see the muscles flex faintly under his shirt.
"Checking me out, huh?" Miroku said with a smirk. Kagome's eyes narrowed, causing him to smile nervously and look away.
"Let me see your schedule," Sango asked "we normally get the same classes if we're in the same homerooms. Unless some are in advanced or standard." Sango looked over the green paper that had Kagome's classes on them, nodding the enitre time. "Yup, same classes. Your even in our advanced P.E. You do martial arts?"
Kagome nodded. "Jujitsu mostly. I've dabbled in others. I can use mechedes, tonfas, sais, bo staff, bow and arrow, just about anything except for a sword. I honestly suck at it." Normally, Kagome would have slapped herslef for admitting her weakness so causally, but she trusted these people for some reason.
A long beep sounded, signaling homerooms end. "Wow, the new bell sounds like a prison alarm." a boy coming from the homeroom across the hall pointed out. He had dog-ears and silver hair, which set off his golden eyes amazingly.
"Yash! Long time no see!" Miroku greeted happily. The boy only smriked a coaky grin and nodded. Sango hugged his breifly and smiled.
"Who's the girl?" The boy said, referring to Kagome.
"Her names Kagome, she's new. Jujitsu style too."
"About time we got another one around here. Fucking Kung Fu is taking over." the silver haired boy grumbled. "I can asume we're all togther again?"
"Yup. Come on Kags, we got history first hour." Sango beckoned.
"A.K.A, nap time!" The boy, Inuyasha, exclaimed while streching. His black Green Day hoodie went up to reveal a six pack of stone. His mouth opened wide to uncover fangs and a piercing in his tounge. Kagome made a strange noise, like a growl but softer. One of Inuyasha's silver ears flicked backwards and he turned to regaurd her almost suspisously. Clearing her throat, she walked past him and followed Sango, joing in her and Miroku's conversation.
"Where's Emiko? And Kouga and Ayame?"
"Right here." The three of them turned to the stairs they were walking by to see a girl with waist length silver hair,deep blue eyes, black cargos, combat boots, fingerless gloves, and a low scoop tank, standing next another girl with redish brown pigtails, green eyes, and a flower in her hair. She wore a black shirt and deep green pants.
"Kagome, this is Ayame, a wolf demon, and Emiko, a dog demon, and sorceress." The two girls nodded to Kagome, who returned with one of her own. She and Emiko gazed at eachother for a a moment, almost as if trying to recall something.
"You two going to make out or what?" Miroku snapped them back to reality.
"Shut up," Emiko and Kagome said in unison. They began their treck to class only a step when someone called out.
"Oi! Emiko!" Everyone turned aroung. A boy with a black mohawk, grey hair,dark eyes, a leather jacket and jeans was jogging up to them. "Hey, baby. You never called me back the other night." Kagome wasn't very socialized with things like this, but she could have sworn that Emiko was trying hard not to look to bored.
"Ginta, one, stop calling me baby. Two, stop calling me, period. I never called back becuase I never listened to your message. Now get lost." Coldly, Emiko turned around with a swish of her silver tresses. Her dog ears flicked and everyone else followed. Kagome guessed this was normal for this girl.
They made it to class without the bell screaming at their tardiness. They all went straight to the back. By the end of class, Kagome had met more people. Rin, a short girl who had more mood swings than a rabid, PMSing dog. One second she's hyper, the next she's threatining someone and you could swear the enitre room just went dark. 'All you need is the lighting outside since she's already got the crazy laugh down...' Kagome thought. She also met Kouga, a jock with a black ponytail and icy blue eyes who happened to be a wolf demon. It appeard to Kagome that Kouga and Ayame were dating. They seemed to be kissing everytime Kagome turned around.
"Get a room, would ya?" Inuyasha growled. He was sitting inbetween Kagome and Kouga, and his sensitive ears could pick up the sounds of the two, and they were inturrupting his sleep. "Like I want to hear the two of you swapping spit." Kouga broke away from the flushed wolf demoness.
"Your one to talk," he hissed "you and Kikyou (everyone shuddered) were always somewhere doing something. I'd rather not say what for the sake of my sanity."
"Oh, blow me." Inuyasha growled, and put his head back down on his arms. Kagome also met Sesshomaru on the way to her geometry class. He was very tall, and a year older then her. His face was completly stotic, and his eyes were golden. His crisp white shirt blended in with his hair, and his arms were more muscular than any athletes. In his eyes he held a deep understanding and wisdom. He almost read Kagome like an open book. He read her pain, tourment, and inner fustration, while still having respect for her person, personal space, and the wildfire that burned in her heart. She earned a head nod from the icy man, one in which she returned. What shocked Kagome the most, however, was that such a wise, powerful, and emotionless man, just captured and kissed the psycotic little girl she met earlier. Rin's eyes glowed with happiness as she jumped into the arms of Sesshomaru, and his eyes remained blank to the untrained eyes. But Kagome, who has been living with Kimi for 8 years, saw the deep love there. She fought hard to keep herself from gapping.
Grammer came and went; at this time, Kagome was told the story of Inuyasha and Kikyou. Sango also explained Kikyou's 'gang', and who they were. Kikyou was the leader- she cheated on Inuyasha for Naraku, a dark and evil looking boy. Kagome was glad he was in none of her classes, but wondered how Sesshomaru dealt with the creepy kid all day. Then there was Kagura, a wind demoness and a nosy whore, Kaguya, a pretty butconiving girl. Emiko pointed out that she was a strong sorceress, and a belived dark one at that. Then there was Kanna, Kagura's little sister. The girl was supposed to be in the 8th grade, but was moved up to the tenth. Emiko said she was a very intelligent girl for her age, but she also looked like she stepped out a Freddy Cougar movie. Kagome laughed at that one. Tsubaki, a dark miko who was not to be reckoned with no matter how nice she looked. Then there was Yura, a girl with short hair and a comb sticking out of her back pocket. Kagome was warned that the girl was a lesbian with an obsission for long hair, but never messed with any of the Taishos for the sake of her life. Kagome and Sango glanced at eachother, while Rin smiled at her shoulder length locks.
There were two more boys sitting near the front that Kagome was warned they were the school's biggest players. Hiten, a handsome boy with a long braid and red eyes, and Manten, a ugly looking youkai. Hiten was a thunder demon, while Manten...was just ugly. Then there was the 7 gang: Benkotsu, the cute leader, Suikotsu, a bipolar, Jakotsu, a crossdresser who Rin and Sangoliked, Ginkotsu, a boy who always carried some sort of machine, Renkotsu, who Kagome was warned that he was suspeneded and almost explelled many times for bringing lighters into school, Kyokotsu, a dum large kid, Mukotsu, a major dealer. Mukotsu was known for his supply of drugs, aphrodisiacs, and other things.
The teacher was just about the get started when another kid walked into class. Emiko, who had been smelling the scent of purity and water for the past minuete, looked up to see a god. He had silver hair that reached his mid-back, claws, and golden eyes. He had pointed ears on the sides of his head, and yellow stripes along his cheeks. Emiko could only guess where the others were... He wore a black shirt with Vans pocking out from under his dark jeans. She came out of her stupour when she felt something hit the back of her head. She turned andInuyasha stared lazily at her.
"The hells your problem?" Inuyasha asked, making Emiko growl.
"Nothing baka." The boy said something to the teacher and the teacher pointed to the empty seat next to her. He locked eyes with her and Emiko blinked to keep her walls up. As long as she didn't love again, she wouldn't cry agian.
"Hi, my name's Huyana. Can you tell me where B305 is? It's my next class." the boy said in a smooth voice. Without loking at him, she said,
"Up the stairs and the fifth room down."
"Thanks," she heard him say. "I didn't get your name."
"I didn't give it." Out of the corner of her eye, Emiko saw him smirk.
The bell rang once more, signaling lunch time. They ate outside, along with the skaters and other punk/goths. The preps and jocks mingled inside the cafeteria. Kagome watched the teenagers skate and ride their bikes along the parking lot. A few of them bust their assess every once and a while, making it amusing.
"Hello, earth to new girl." A clawed hand was waving in front of her face. She swatted it away.
"What?" she snapped at Inuyasha.
"Feh, I asked you if you played at all wench." Kagome's face grew rigid.
"I'm no wench, ass whipe, and do I play what?"
"Play? Ya know, as in instruments?" he asked as if she were slow. Her new friends began to look at her.
"How about I play my sai on your spine," she grumbled under her breath.
"What was that?" Inuyasha asked huffly. Kagome grew satisfied at his bristling.
"Nothing, but I said no, I don't play."
"What about singing?" Ayame asked. "I can't sing for shit and Emiko won't do it anymore." Kagome turned to look at the girl, and met the eyes of someone lost in their own little world of false dreams and despair. She didn't question, nor react when Emiko snapped out of it and gave her a look that said 'mind your own bussiness', but slowly shook her head.
"No way. Do you guys have a band or something?" Everyone nodded.
"I'm lead gutair, Sesshomaru's bass while Kouga's second gutair. Sango amd Ayame are back up and Rin's on keyboard. She also does any electrical wind intruments we might need. Miroku is on drums, and Emiko usually plays lead gutair or singer. Normally, we switch, but she wants to be a baka and not do it anymore." Emiko glared at Inuyasha, not saying a word. "We've been in about 3 competitions. We have to pick a already famous song and preform it. It's the first stage of this competition, and we've finally got the credits to do it. We did Korn last time because the guys chose, and now the girls choose Evanescence. Why they want to do such a hard band when we have no lead singer? Or such a dam girly band?No clue."
"Why can't one of the backups do lead?" Kagome asked. Truth was, Kagome did sing, but she always cried when she did.
"The reason why they are backup is because they suck." Inuyasha huffed. Sango and Ayame glowered at him and he shrugged.
"Please Kagome, just for this compitition?" Sango begged. Kagome set her chocolate eyes on her to see Sango had puppy eyes trained on her.
"I own a spoiled ookami-inu hanyou Sango, I've learned to overcome the puppy eyes look. The answer is no." The bell sounded and they all picked up their stuff to go inside.
Biology was next, and Inuyasha pestered her the entire time. As much as she threw paper balls, pencils, pens, and even her bag at him, he still whispered "Please. Please? Please!" He did the same thing all through study hall, and it was then that she cracked.
"FINE, I'LL DO IT! JUST LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!" she screamed and stormed out. The teacher, who had to be in her 60's, screamed "SHHHH!" not even noticing the door still swinging from Kagome's hasty exit.
The boys were in the locker rooms changing for their last hour class, P.E. "I got her." Inuyasha said smugly. Sesshomaru looked up with a raised eyebrow.
"What? I got a lead singer. I haven't heard her yet, but it's worth a shot!"
"It better be mutt," Kouga growled. "I can't stand to lose another competition to Naraku." Walking out, they looked for the girls as they waited for the teacher, Urasuai. The boys had a lose hakama and haroi, while the girls was a little more form fitting.Urasuai came wobbling from the teachers room and unlocked to door to the weapons room. Kagome looked around. Sesshomaru, Inuyasha, Kouga, Ayame, Manten, Benkotsu, and Naraku quickly grabbed the good wooden swords. Kagome was dissapointed to find that the weapons were either made from hard plastic, wood, or rubber. Miroku, Huyana, and Hiten grabbed wooden staffs, Rin, Yura, and Kanna got blades, Kagura and Kaguya got fighting fans, and Kagome and Emiko went to the back of the room where the hand weapons were. Kagome picked up a black plastic sai, which looked like it hadn't been used in ages, and Emiko got a pair of plastic machedes.
Walking out with their weapons, Urasuai instrcucted warm up streches and then sent them off to do what even because of the first day back. Ayame and Kouga sparred, and mostly ended up in rather comprimising positions, Inuyasha and Sesshomaru went all out on eachother with swords, breaking 1 each and having a talking to by the teacher. Huyana and Miroku started out gently and then became more tricky. The fox demon was fast, but so was the monk. Kikyou preoccupied herself with shooting at targets by bow and arrow on the wall with her gang standing around her talking. Hiten and Manten looked around lazily, sending a spark through their weapon every once and a while. Rin was currently dodging one one Sango's boomerangs that she brought with her. Sango pulled out a taunto and waited for her weapon to come back.
Kagomecasually twirled her sai on her finger. It was lighter than her average chrome, but it would do.
"Come on." Emiko beckoned. They got up from the bleachers and joined the others on the floor. Emiko got into stance, her face cool and casual. Kagome did the same and kept a stotic face. What ever was inside her had a taste for blood. She didn't want to hurt anyone here.
Emiko came almost unexpectantly. She charged and ducked to the right at the last minute. Kagome jumped back and twirled her sai's into defense mode and put her arms up. Emiko's blow pushed her back some, and suprised her. She looked at the girl, who shrugged.
"Being half demon comes with its kicks." she smirked. That sound that Kagome now classified as a growl came out agian, and something was rearing its head. Emiko's eyes narrowed and she had a knowing look in their blue depths. "Come on, I'm ready." Emiko teased. Somehow, Kagome got the message that Emiko was talking to the beast, not her.
They clashed again, Kagome catching Emiko's blades in the forks of her sais. Kagome kicked at Emiko's side, and she put her leg up to block while pulling her weapons out of deadlock at the same time. For what seemed like hours, they fought. By entire class was watching now as the twisted and twirled, kicked, sliced, puched, grunted, screamed andeverything. Niether one of them a shy newcomer anymore, but their true selves. The bell rang and the two were out of breath. For nearly 55 minuetes they fought with more power than speed. They met eachothers blows evenly and with the same amount of power, making their arms feel like jello when they changed back. Kagome's sais were cracked and one of the blades Emiko had was in half.
"Well I'll be damned, Emiko has met her match." Kouga said as they left the gym. Emiko wondered the same thing too. How could have mere human have that much inside of them. That much power, and grace? Rin was hyper, and Sango was strong. But they have been that way for ever. Kagome was a human, with a beast inside of her who's heartbeated adifferent rythem. She wasn't human, was she? With that thought, she joined Inuyasha and Sesshomaru in Sesshomaru's car and drove off, bidding her friends goodbye.
Monster chapter? I know, and you better like it!
I have no clue what to call 'English class' in Japan, so it's just going to be called Grammer. That, and I have no disliking of Kung Fu. But China does have heavy influences on Japan (whos native style is Jujitsu). Plus, my cousin lives out there and tells me personaly that Kung Fu is everywhere around there. Any more questions, just email me! Sorry for the long wait!
R&R! Ja Ne!
Chapter 7: Double Life