InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tensai of the Ookami-Inu ❯ To Deal With One's Past ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tensai of the Ookami-Inu
By Dog-Demon-Emiko
Chapter 10: To Deal With One's Past

Jumping into the air she spun, hitting her competitor on the cheek with her foot. He twisted and fell to the floor on his hands and knees. She layed her dao on the back of his neck, and he slacked slightly, ackowleging his defeat. A long horn sounded, and she was annouced the winner. She allowed her opponent to rise and then stood equal distance from him before bowing.
"Taisho Emiko wins! Shikon High has been awarded first prize!" the voice announced once Emiko and her opponent stood. Forcing a smile, Emiko walked to a large man and collected her gold metal, and joined Miroku and Sango for pictures for the trophy.
Once the cameras were done and the crowd was clearing, Emiko dropped her smile so fast that Rin would be shocked. Kagome was no where to be seen. She had not answered her cell phone for the past 2 days either. She had missed the tournement, making their black belt standings unequal. Emiko didn't mind having to fight Kagome's fight, but she thought that Kagome was much more responsible of a person.
"Still no answer?" she heared Rin say to Sango who was on the phone. Sango shook her head sadly and took he device from her ear.
"Do you think something happened?" Ayame asked, coming from the stands with Kouga.
"No...but I think we should wait another day. Maybe it's a family issue." Emiko offered. To be honest, she was tired and sore, and didn't feel like being bothered. All night she had to smile for cameras and press, and her light sensitive demon eyes were getting irratated. Tonights competition was agianst an out of county gym which forced them to stay at a hotel, and was sponsered by a new police station to gain money for the community.
"Miss Taisho, can I have a word please?" Emiko growled, more people came over to her.
"No comments or photos please." she growled out. Her ears flatened as the reporters shouted questions at her. She sped up her pace and balled her hands in fists. Her time of heat, which is like human PMSing almost, just had to start this morning.
She changed from her competition gi to come sweats and a cotton jacket with flip flops, and came out her room to see Sango and Miroku.
"I'm leaving, you guys take care, and make sure your there by 11 please!" she nagged as she pointed to the clock which now read 8:45pm. Her friends nodded her off and told her to drive safe. She took one last look at Inuyasha's worried face before leaving towards the fighter's parking lot.
She heeved her bag higher on her shoulder as she opened her trunk dropped it in with a sigh. She flexed her shoulder streached her spine, and then her senses went haywaire.
Her ears perked and her muscles tensed. Emiko had no clue why her body went on high alert, but she did start to growl to ease some of that tension. Quickly but catiously, she edged into the drivers seat of her midnight blue porsche and sped off, weaving in and out of traffic.
Throughout her entire drive Emiko felt as if she was being watched. 'Probably am, stupid fucking heat.' she cursed. This morning before the competition she had to meditate extra long with put up a barrier to lock the smell of heat within her skin. She nearly screamed when her cell phone rang.
"What?" she snapped, angry at her fright.
"Whoa, what's going on?" Huyana's voice came. Emiko growled.
"The phone scared the shit out of me, sorry." her voice got softer.
"Okay, I'm almost to the hotel, where are you?"
"Getting off the exit once this stupid cunt LET'S ME OVER!" Emiko pushed her horn, the only thing she cursed about porsches were their soft horns. She'd have to get that fixed. "MOVE YOUR ASS BITCH!" she screamed.
"Euh, I'll talk to you when you get here. Try not to kill anyone?" Emiko grunted and hung up the phone. She felt like she was going to explode, and the creeping feeling of eyes didn't make it better. Growling, she turned on her radio and pushed in KoRn's CD. She turned the numbers until she heard "Coming Undone" and turned the volume up as loud as her ears could handle.
Keep holding onWhen my brain's ticking like a bombI guess the black thoughts have come agian to get me.Sweet little words,Unlike nothing I have heardSing along mocking birdYou don't affect me.
She bobbed her bead with the heavy beat and hummed the chorus.
WaitI'm coming undoneUnlacedI'm coming undoneTo lateI'm coming undoneWhat looks so small do delicate.
She finally pulled up to the hotel she was staying at and was glad to see Huyana standing at his car. What puzzled her was who the man he was talking to. She parked her car and got out, leaving her heavy gym bag in the turnk and padded over to him. His face read of irration that was conceled and puzzlement.
"Are you Miss Taisho?" thebee youkai asked. Emiko, glad he was youkai, flashed her fangs at the man with a feral growl.
"Excuse me, is there a problem here?" another voice came. A youkai in a trench coat approached the three. Emiko growled even more, the creepy feeling was becoming to intense, and she felt her powers react to it.
"Who are you?" she growled to him. Huyana looked at her in puzzlement; she was more testy than usual.
"I'm one of the officers from the tourniment." Emiko's eyebrow rose and twitched, not a good sign.
"So you followed me here? What for?"
"Only to make sure you got here saftly without reproters." the man turned his golden eyes on the demon near Huyana, who took his cue and left.
"Now that you have done your job, officer, get the hell outta here." she growled. Emiko had lost her detailed shielding of her scent by now and the officer could smell her heat. He said nothing as she grabbed the wrist of the fox demon and stormed inside. He couldn't help but to growl jelously at the fox. He turned on his heel and walked cooly to his car andsighed and reached into his pocket and pulled out an old photo. Two men, both with silver hair, golden eyes, and purple stripes were pulling eachother's ears, trying to make one another wince, while two human looking woman, both with long black hair and elegant faces giggled at the two hanyou toddlers wrestling on the ground. A boy about the age of 4 looked at them boredly.
A crocked smile cracked it's way across his face as he pulled off into the night.

Emiko, who could no longer take the heat burning inside of her, nearly punched the keys to shut the elevator doors. She never realized that she was growling the entire time. Huyana was torn: being a fox he should be happy about having an overly agressive horny girlfriend dragging him up to a hotel room, but being a boy that sat in the audience for the past day and watched her pulverize 12 people , taking5 and a halfminutes at the most at the top level made him a little worried for his genitals.
At the ding Emiko pulled the both of them through the doors and along the 5th floor of the hotel. Coming to room 52 she didn't even bother to use the key, but her powers. The door flew open before she even touched it and slammed once she and Huyana were inside. With a growl she pushed him aginast the door and slammed her lips over his. She kissed his with a vengence as if he had owed her something. The fox demon snapped out of his stupor and growled, not allowing his mate to take charge. Using demonic speed, Huyana pushed off the door, ran through the living room to the queen size bed and tried to pin her. Emiko proved to be tricky and flipped them around so that she was once agian on top. Between her heat and adrinaline, she was ready for anything.
But what she wasn't ready for was the bite she recieved suddenly on her neck. She let out a loud whimper and released her hold of his shoulders just long enough for him to flip them over. He began to delicatly lick Emiko's wounded shoulder as it began healing before his very eyes. Emiko let out small, apoligetic whimpers as he grunted and continued his actions.
The fire in Emiko's stomace became heated once more and she began to growl. She looked over to the boy who was making the fueling the fire but yet not giving enough. She tensed to roll them over when his face appeared before hers. His eyes were crimson with dominance and lust, and fangs protruded from his lips. Lust overtook them at that very moment and there lips met. Growls, grunts, whimpers, and yelps were heard from the heated couple.
Huyana placed hot kisses around her navel, and Emiko ran her claws through his hair while purring heavily. Her shirt was gone and a hikki could be seen already forming on her collarbone and left breast. He had just removed her pantswhen a loud knock was sounded on the door.
Growling, she glared at the door. "Ignore it," he breathed on her neck, and she complied without question.
"Oi, stop fucking and open the door before I break it down!" Roaring with fury, she grabbed Huyana's disgaurded shirt and pulled it over her head, making sure it went to her knees before ripping open the door.
"WHAT!" she screamed into Inuyasha's face. The said hanyou stepped back a step and looked at her reapporchfully. Sango's face then appeared in the small opening of the door.
"Uhh, what are you-" Sango's eyes went over Emiko's head where Huyana was digging through his bag for another shirt. She then looked at Emiko's attire...or lack of. "Oooooohhhh. Euhhh...we contacted Kagome and she said sorry ab-"
"Hold on, I'll meet you in our room." she closed the door without letting Sango finish and sighed as she looked around for her clothes. She had pulled on her sweats and was halfway through with her tank when she heard muffled growling. Her eyebrows furrowed as she crept towards the bathroom.
"Huyana?" she called. She opened the bathroom door to find him with his hands on the mirror, still shirtless, with his head down. Emiko gasped as she saw the red and green trails on his pale back. "Shit, are you alright?" she asked, and got worried when he didn't answer or move. "Baby? Answer me." she whispered. She walked around to his side to see his eyes closed and him concentrating. After a minuete when she was about to go call her friends along with an ambulance he grabbed her wrist, no longer craving his body.
"Those poisionous claws are a kick." he said with a tired voice. Emiko let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding.
"Fuck! Don't do that to me I was about to call an ambulance!" Huyana began to laugh.
"And what am I supposed to tell them? My girlfriend is in heat and poisoned me by accident when I was teasing her?" he laughed as he hugged her pouting form and put his chin on the top of her head easily.
"Serves you right you tease..." she mumbled as she inhaled his scent.
"Me a tease? You can't tell me that you didn't sense me when we were at your house."
"How many times an I going to tell you I lost track of time? I don't really keep count while I'm dancing."
"But that costume," he purred in his deep voice "when are you going to belly dance for me?" A blush erupted on Emiko's face.
"Ahhh..."
"Come on you two!" Sango yelled from the door.
"Gotta run! Come on!" she slipped out of his embrace and hurried to the door. He looked after her with a face that read 'I'm going to get you back...'. She giggled and jogged to the hall.
"Took you long enough!" Inuyasha growled. Emiko rolled her eyes and followed Sango to her room. When she got into the suit that she shared with Rin, Inuyasha, Miroku, and Sesshomaru were already there. Huyana walked in just as Inuyasha sat down.
"Sowhat's going on?" Emiko asked as she sat on Huyana's lap on the floor. She ignored the heated glares that her cousins sent her.
"I got in contact with Kagome. She didn't talk much, and sounded like she was pissed or somthing. She only said that she was sorry that she missed the tourniment and that she had something really important to do." Inuyasha scoffed at this. "Apparently, she never told Inuyasha about it, putting him in the years most pissiest mood. But anyway, she wouldn't tell us what the hell is going on with her." Emiko noted Rin's normal mood and her sad tone. She also noted that everyone was looking at her.
"Is there something on my face?" she asked, not liking all the attention.
"We want you to find out whats going on!" Inuyasha growled.
"Your the only one who can work secrets from deep within one's mind so far away," Sesshomaru pointed out. Emiko grunted.
"Tonight night is thefull moon, so my powers are weaker than usual right now. And the sun sets in an hour."
"But can you do it?" Kouga asked. Emiko nodded.
"Sure, it it'll take me a while."
"Do you need anything?" Inuyasha asked, worry writin all over his face.
"No, just silence really, and somthing to go on."
"What do you mean?" Ayame asked. "Like something of hers?"
"No, more like a word that will get what I want."
"Secrets..." Inuyasha offered. Emiko looked into his eyes for a moment and said nothing. Inuyasha was really torn up about this. She nodded.
"Okay." She got up and went into the living room and sat on the armchair. Not looking at anyone, she closed her eyes tightly.
She imagined that she was no where, but everywhere. She let her senses carry out in waves and analyze everything. Without opening her eyes she could make a picture of her friends nervous and anxious stances, but didn't dwell on them. She expanded her senses farther and out to the world, blending with the winds and sky. When she felt comfortable in such a position, she concentrated: secrets...
A black big cat slaughters a human...
A crow caws at the ambulances reciting into the horizen...
A man with silver hair...
Cold dead eyes...
Emiko gasped as she felt a shock and then saw black...

Kagome growled as she hung up her cell phone. She had totally forgotten about the tournement. For the last two days she had been training in the dojo from dawn until dusk. She only stopped at noon to rest and eat if she felt like it, but always made up for the lost time at night. No one in the house said anything to her, not even her closest handmaid Juri after Kagome snapped at her. She never talked to the cook, only went into the kitchen at night or noon to eat something small before locking herself in the dojo once more.
She felt nothing anymore...her heart was void and her minds eye only saw her next target. Kimi only said to her that she was still to attened school tomorrow, and Kagome didn't care. She didn't care about anything. it was almost like a mist surrounded her that wasn't warm, but wasn't cold. It just made the hairs on the back of your neck stand. Her muscles had gotten sore and swollen but she didn't care. Tonight was the night...she was going to fill the void of her family with the satisfaction of having the kill.
Because her body was so sore and she saw the attire she had to wear, she decided to go to a day spa on Kimi's treat. Kagome rolled her eyes, a day at the spa for Kimi was nothing. Kagome could even pay for it herself with the money from her last job. But she said nothing, Kimi hardly did things like this, and if she was doing it now it had to be important.
They drove to uptown Tokyo in Kimi's personal car. It was about 35 minutes before she was in front of a very clean white building reading Neko Day Spa. 'I take it it's run by youkai...' Kagome pointed out in her head. As they were walking through the parking lot she could smell the scent of them.
They walked to the front desk and Kimi told the women their information. They were both given ultraviolet stamps that only someone with demon eyes could see, and were showed to the back doors that read 'Exclusive Members Only'. Kimi walked through the doors like it was nothing and into the changing rooms. The two of them undressed, Kagome hiding her winces as she bent to untie her shoes. A growl escaped her lips as she accidently hit her sore calf on the wooden bench behind her as she closed her locker.
"Your taking this assignment to hard," Kimi said behind her as she pulled on the silk black robe. "Concentrate to hard and you'll blow your cool nature."
"I've been on a job before Oba, I know." Kagome turned to meet the serious face of her aunt.
"Then act like it. Think with your human head because obviously your youkai one is to empowering." The woman then walked out from the lockers and into the small mediation garden. Kagome rolled her eyes as she walked in the direction as the smell of hot water. Going through about 3 sets of doors she found a small room that was painted deep blue and had a blue jacuzzi inthe middle with candles lining the edge. Glad no one was in there, she stripped of her robe and stepped in. She began to think while inside the tub. The sound of bubbles lured her into a state of peace. Her eyes glazed over as she looked to a point where only she could see.
She was on top of the beam as she looked down at her prey. A growl escaped her throat and she jumped down. The man stuttered something in a language she didn't know and her muscles coiled before she poucned on the man mercessly...
She was sitting on the lip of a metal table as people were bustling around her in a forgein tounge. She stared hard at nothing and could not see but yet was seeing. A crow was perched upon the arm of a tree that was reaching out and pointing to her burned vacation home. The black birds caws filled the night and flashing athourity lights broke her out of her stupor...
She lay half asleep after watching her favorite american movie to see a scene of murder on the television. A man with silver hair spoke about a boy who was just killed, and how two suspects of a drug bust had escaped...
A sudden draft had made Kagome snap out of her temperate seizure. Someone had opened the door to the small jacuzzi room, making both cold air and light flood in.
"Time's up, everyone gets 90 minutes," a feminine voice called. Kagome grunted.
"I'll be out in a minute." she called back. The door closed once more. Kagome was suprised at thehoaressness from her voice.She was even more suprised of how red her skin was when she got out. Still kind of dazed, she went striaght to her locker and dressed, putting the hardly used robe into a basket as requested. She ran her hands through her damp hair and set out to find her aunt.
Following her scent, she found Kimi in the massage room. She spoke before Kagome even said anything. "I have errands to run after this. You can come with me or go home." Kagome felt a noticable nothingness when Kimi said 'home'. Home is where the heart is, right? Where is my heart? Steeling herself, she schooled her face into a cool one.
"I'll call Mugon (AN: Mugon the choufur) and ask him to come get me." She saw Kimi's head nodd and left.
Kagome intended on using her cell phone to call the choufur in the lobby, but fate had other plans. Just as she exited the 'Exclusive Guest' department, she nearly walked into the secretary at the front desk.
"It's exclusive members only m'am," the woman said in a harsh tone "which you don't happen to be."
"You don't know what your talking about, I'm exclusive at Milian's-"
"That's a four star spa, this is five. And money dosn't get you exclusive here-"
"How the hell did you get in here!" Kagome sighed exasperatedly. Ofcorse Kikyou was trying to get into a spa...and who was behind her like a lost puppy? Naraku...
As they made eye contact shivers went down Kagome's spine. As she looked at Kikyou, rage shot up Kagome's chest. This is the girl that left his heart in pecies...and for that thing behind her? A growl echoced off the walls, but Kagome's voice was still cool.
"Obviously because I'm important." she said simply. She took a glance at the clock, it was 5:30pm. She had 3 and a half hours to get ready, not counting the 20 minuets of meditation, and 35 minute drive home.
"Thank you Higurashi-sama, will that be all for today?" the woman asked politely.
"Hai, I will put in a good word about you for the boss. You keep this place clean of the trash that runs around the other spas." Kikyou's arua flared, and the three demons in the room were suddenly weary.
"Gomen," she said in a not so sorry way "but I will have to ask you to leave. You cannot march in here and demand to be exclusive. You can have regular treatment but you cannot go back there." Kikyou looked to Kagome then to Naraku behind her. Biting her lip, she huffed and left, Naraku walking cooly behind her. The woman at the desk growled loudly. "I hate mikos...I suspect you know her?" she asked as she sat back down.
"School whore," Kagome growled. "Why couldn't she be exclusive?"
"Exclusives are youkai's only. The regualur spa is for the humans, but she wanted some kind of clay bath that was obviously not for a regular spa. That man she had with her gave me the chills though."
"Naraku? He's just another demon." The woman turned her electric blue eyes to regaurd her as Kagome speed dialed Mugon.
"You sure about that?" Kagome looked up with furrowed eyebrows. The woman explained, "Obviously his aura is youkai, but what type? He has no specific scent. Every youkai has a scent to tell what breed they are." Kagome shurgged and didn't think about it.
She was silent in the long drive home...all she could think about was her inner thirst.
Tonights to night...okka...outo...nii-chan. I will get my revenge for you...
A pair of crows flew by, cawing to the heavens the pain of those on earth...
I know this chapter is realy short compared to the rest but it would have been WAY to long if I kept going with the rest.
Chapter 11: The Panther, the Human, and the Party